AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 68 36.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 32.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 20.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-17, 04:29   Link #101
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Does Itsuki have a love of board games? He looked like he was really hoping Kyon would play with him.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 04:38   Link #102
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Oh wow. Hilarious episode, yet again. The FMP references were brilliant, just brilliant. I'm still continually impressed with KyoAn's vibrant and fluent animation and the fantastic cinematography... but the CG cricket didn't mix well. It's probably been the first thing in this series that hasn't been absolutely stunning to look at.

There's something to Yuki, I suspect... a certain depth or enigmaticness that we've only been hinted to. And my guess is that it's going to be explored furthur down the track. Although, considering the ensemble cast, there's probably a big chance the same goes for all characters. It's probably the thing that continues to impress me the most about this series: it's a comedy and humour is far and away what Haruhi does best, yet there's a certain complexity about the story which is extremely intriguing... even if the show itself doesn't take it completely seriously.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 05:04   Link #103
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I don't think they really cared about the bug.The whole idea was funny and ridiculous.The fact that it was obviously a CG made the scene even better for me.

The kyon's monologue at the end of the ep was weird.I didn't really understand what he was saying.

But YUKI ROCKS and she was pretty at the end.
Old 2006-05-17, 05:14   Link #104
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea Yuki is stealing hearts but the Haruhist in me keeps telling myself: "Haruhi is the best, no one else is cuter." and "Mikuru is selected by Haruhi so, shes the 2nd cutest.". I can't seem to bring myself to like Yuki more than Haruhi or Mikuru.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 05:35   Link #105
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yea Yuki is stealing hearts but the Haruhist in me keeps telling myself: "Haruhi is the best, no one else is cuter." and "Mikuru is selected by Haruhi so, shes the 2nd cutest.". I can't seem to bring myself to like Yuki more than Haruhi or Mikuru.
Couldn't agree more. Haruhi is still my fav character with Mikuru a close second.
mr.muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 05:58   Link #106
Black_Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
Does Itsuki have a love of board games? He looked like he was really hoping Kyon would play with him.
He he, he does love board game but sucks badly at it. And haven't you notice that he's been doing nothing but playing board games with Kyon inside the club room?
Black_Sharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 06:34   Link #107
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Here be our synch log for this ep:
Spoiler for Wall of Text:

Further highlights of this ep for me that haven't been listed so far:
Haruhi sleeping in exams:

I KNOW THIS FEELING! There was a girl who'd finish 30 minutes early on 90 minute Further Maths practise papers who got 99% or thereabouts each time.

Kyon: "Wait! Tell me what you're going to do"
Yuki: "nothing" *points*
Kyon: Nandatto????

That got a good laugh out of me. Or to be precise, a good "wifhqoifjo"

'With eyes like liquid helium'

That simile hit me hard for some reason XD

Hitchhiker's Guide to Centra/South Africa

It just reminded me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

But yes... knowing the nature of Yuki's powers (Vol 1 Ch 5)... well adapting a small exerpt from the Art of War (which I've never read btw), a personal motto of mine is:

"Best is to prevent your enemy from coming up with a strategy, next is to prevent their forces gathering, then it's to go meet their army on the battlefield. Therefore, information warfare > logistics/strategic warfare > tactical warfare."

Yuki brings "Information Warfare" to Two whole new dimensions (because one just doesn't sound grand enough) XD

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 06:37   Link #108
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Gah, my post did get through first time round

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2006-05-17 at 06:40. Reason: Whoops double post
Psieye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 08:00   Link #109
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida Send a message via Skype™ to johnishida
Another excelent episode! I gave it a perfect just like the previous 6!

I loved Haruhi's sleeping face and that, really beatifull, image of Nagato at the end! Apart from that, I could not give credit to Itsuki's attacks "Fumoffu" and "Second Raid" but, with the Sub out, I can laught even more!
Old 2006-05-17, 09:02   Link #110
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Haha, FMP references, I got them even though I don't watch FMP, since Koizumi just said it out loud for us.

First time actually hearing Yuki's chants, that sure was some fast chanting. I had thought she would just move her lips silently.

And what's with the scareb giving the cricket an HP boost? A physical manifestation of the computer society president's obsession with RPG games?

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 09:10   Link #111
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
lol. that's what i thought too. i was surprised Kyon didn't go:

WTF?! That's cheating!

Old 2006-05-17, 09:40   Link #112
velocity7

Haruhi should be disappointed with a counter of 29,819. In the novels, her site got 1 million.

The number Kyon said was "一十百千" = 1 * 10 * 100 * 1000 = 1,000,000. By the way, isn't putting a 一 wrong? Might be Kyon's dialect or something...
Old 2006-05-17, 09:57   Link #113
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
Haruhi should be disappointed with a counter of 29,819. In the novels, her site got 1 million.

The number Kyon said was "一十百千" = 1 * 10 * 100 * 1000 = 1,000,000. By the way, isn't putting a 一 wrong? Might be Kyon's dialect or something...
No, 1,000,000 would be "百万". 100 * 10,000. I have no idea what "一十百千" is.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 10:04   Link #114
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

一十百千 just means that there are alot, like "zillions" or "bajillions" in english. Or he could be counting the digits.

I haven't read this far into the novels yet so i don't know the whole sentence. Which volume/page is the at?
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 10:43   Link #115
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
一十百千 just means that there are alot, like "zillions" or "bajillions" in english. Or he could be counting the digits.

I haven't read this far into the novels yet so i don't know the whole sentence. Which volume/page is the at?
Nah i think 一十百千 should just be literally one, ten, hundred, thousand, which means kyon was just counting.

Anyway another fantastic episode that derserves a TEN!

Nearly laughed to death at memories of mikuru's flyer distribution nightmare and how haruchi owned the computer society president.

Thumbs up for mikuru lower body exercises! Maybe she should teach me aerobics some time.

And yuki scene at was fabulous! Avatar and Signature worthy!
Old 2006-05-17, 10:54   Link #116
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

This episode was PERFECT! It had everything I was looking for, and with the addition of a greatly fleshed-out fighting scene (which was STILL hilarious), I'm left suddenly craving for the next episode.

Not gonna be stingy; a 10 for me!
Old 2006-05-17, 12:06   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The only reason I didn't throw a 10 at this ep ... it was too short
Took me a while to download thanks to connection issues.

Psuedo-random comments (spoilered):
Spoiler:

I'm going to be stunned if this series doesn't get an extension season...

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-05-17 at 15:16.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 14:03   Link #118
Soujiro10

Ah wow, this episode was fun. A solid 9 from me, slightly only missing the 10 mark set up by episodes 0 and 1. Much much better than last week's. Kyon's remarks were just so deliciously entertaining. I swear, he's the most amusing male character since Morita from Honey and Clover (although Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club is up there too). I'm starting to love all the scenes where Yuki is in them, and in this ep she was just awesome and steals the spotlight. Of course......I would never go so far as to say she's greater than Haruhi.....*cough*
*runs away from Haruhi's vengeful smiting*

Just can't wait till they show when Yuki decides to lose the glasses
Soujiro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 14:14   Link #119
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujiro10
Ah wow, this episode was fun. A solid 9 from me, slightly only missing the 10 mark set up by episodes 0 and 1. Much much better than last week's. Kyon's remarks were just so deliciously entertaining. I swear, he's the most amusing male character since Morita from Honey and Clover (although Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club is up there too). I'm starting to love all the scenes where Yuki is in them, and in this ep she was just awesome and steals the spotlight. Of course......I would never go so far as to say she's greater than Haruhi.....*cough*
*runs away from Haruhi's vengeful smiting*

Just can't wait till they show when Yuki decides to lose the glasses
Oooo... you have drawn reference to Morita Shinobu, the God of capitalism and WIN. In terms of spontaniety and ability, Haruhi would most closely resemble Morita, but Haruhi is dominatrix, and Morita gets owned by Ayu consistently. Morita has displays moments of "serious" maturity, Haruhi has not... yet.

I posit that if Morita met Haruhi, Haruhi would make an exception to her Alien-Esper-Future-People rule, because with Shinobu around, she'll forget the meaning of "bored."
Old 2006-05-17, 17:53   Link #120
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
The only reason I didn't throw a 10 at this ep ... it was too short
Took me a while to download thanks to connection issues.

Psuedo-random comments (spoilered):
Spoiler:

I'm going to be stunned if this series doesn't get an extension season...
Couldn't agree with you more Vexx! But the reason I didn't give it a 9 was... NO MIKURU-CHAN FANSERVICE!!1!one!!eleven!!! Sleeping Haruhi almost made up for it but I'm having Mikuru withdrawls right now! *watches episode 5 for kawaii Mikuru fix* I'm thinking that the shot with the computer monitor was actually inside the monitor. Note how the window buttons are on the left side rather than the right. Even cooler effect IMO. It's like you're in the cave cricket's perspective looking at the insanity of the SOS clubroom.
eVaX is offline   Reply With Quote