AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-10-09, 21:43   Link #281
rg4619

Is a 13-episode run officially confirmed?
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:45   Link #282
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
If the opening sequence suggested that Minatsu plays a major role in this anime series... I don't know if they will dwell on the main stories (the old Da Capo plot about the magical unwithering sakura tree).

I'm feeling there will be a second season this early.
Well from relentless' comment there is going to be a movie? Is that true?
Old 2007-10-09, 21:45   Link #283
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Is a 13-episode run officially confirmed?
Yup -- it's on the official site. Though tororo did mention they're going to do a D.C. II movie.

Edit: Heh - like he said. It was a quote from the interview with tororo (head of Circus) in Comptiq, so...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 02:33   Link #284
DanielSong39

Why do I get the feeling that this show will turn out like To Heart 2?

This is looking more and more like a clip show. With a 13-episode show, you just can't waste any time; you have to plow through the main story early... see Gift ~ Eternal Rainbow for such an example. There isn't much room for girl-of-the-week episodes.

The creators are definitely departing from the "formula", and I have the feeling it will come back to bite them in the end.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 15:33   Link #285
Juggercaut
Unhappy Animal

Send a message via ICQ to Juggercaut Send a message via MSN to Juggercaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Just because they are not a good character, doesn't mean they deserve to die. Personally if that's how you react to every "bad" character, that you hope they'd die, well i fear for the japanese anime industry should they take up on your suggestion.
Well, let's put it like this: in their current state, they would be JUST ANOTHER PLAIN, UNTASTY CHARACTER THAT IS A POOR IMITATION OF A PREVIOUS ONE, but if they die they may add something more interesting to the plot.

Quote:
Why do I get the feeling that this show will turn out like To Heart 2?
That's just what first came to my mind when I saw this. Just a crappy anime using/exploiting a name. Actually, I love To Heart so much that I downloaded and viewed everything that just has its name on it. But my... that "RUUUUU" from the retarded alien girl...

The worst of all is that I'm waiting for the third OVA from To Heart 2, and I KNOW it would be stupid as the whole serie... just an extension of "oh, the main character gave me an empty soda can! he's so kind! let's all love him"

If you manage to see me smiling, nothing good is about to happend
Juggercaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 16:35   Link #286
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Well, I obviously can't tell you if the anime will turn out to be good or not. I think it's still too early to say. I can tell you, as someone who liked both original D.C. anime series and played both the D.C. and D.C. II games, that the D.C. II franchise itself is much, much more than a poor imitation exploiting the name. Maybe the anime will have that feel -- I don't know. But the reason I've been anticipating the anime is that I know the game has a story that's worth telling and, based on my impression of the first two anime series, I'm hoping and expecting that will play out well in the end.

But hey, if it's not for you, save yourself the pain and aggravation. Why continue to watch ToHeart 2 if it's not your cup of tea, and then proceed to complain about it? It's not like I feel sorry for your loss. Likewise for D.C. II; fandom won't miss you if you decide it's not for you.
Old 2007-10-10, 17:34   Link #287
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So far for me i can see DCII to be another wild goose chase as with the first 2 seasons. Not that it has to end out bad but i dont think putting too much hope into the story will help - like with any other harem series i can relate to DCII is pretty much standard, generic stuff. And if i get proven wrong then that is all for the better - so surprise me! *crosses fingers*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 20:56   Link #288
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

By the way, the DVDs for the show have all been solicited now on Amazon.co.jp. Apparently, there'll be a special Prologue DVD ("Volume 0") that'll be released at the end of December, followed by 5 main volumes (the first with 1 episode, and the other 4 with 3). All in all, Prologue DVD aside (I wonder what'll be on it?), this is basically the same solicitation pattern King Records used for D.C.S.S., which sold quite well for them.

Anyway, I'm curious to see what happens in Monday's episode.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-10-13 at 22:08. Reason: tomorrow's tomorrow...
Old 2007-10-14, 21:51   Link #289
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

LOL I bet Skyfall is pleased that a tsundere turned up in DCII ;p

As soon as I saw him reading the love manual my heart fell. That is the ultimate sign of doomed relationships isn't it?
Old 2007-10-14, 23:53   Link #290
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Alright they really need a better name for this...Or a subtitle hah. I kept thinking people were re releasing the second season of DC or something oy...

As for the first two episodes...Haha they nearly tricked me with that first episode confession...I thought it might be an actual story about a couple. Ah but episodes 2 near avoidance of anything deep about their relationship in favor of focusing on a completely new character brought me back to harem land...

Ah well I guess ill keep watching in the vain hope that theres an enjoyable love story somewhere here.

P.S. Yes I am a disgruntled Kotori fan who dropped DC:SS half way through because I couldn't stomach it anymore...Does that count as bias?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:40   Link #291
DanielSong39

Would've liked better structure to the series, but at least Episode 2 was much better than the first. Wonder where the story will go from here... when are we going to see Nanaka?
Old 2007-10-15, 00:40   Link #292
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
P.S. Yes I am a disgruntled Kotori fan who dropped DC:SS half way through because I couldn't stomach it anymore...Does that count as bias?
IMO, only if you blindly favour Nanaka just because she's Kotori's decendant, without giving the other characters a chance to define themselves. And I won't even say anything about your reason for dropping D.C.S.S. -- it's already been said a million times.

And well, I would expect the D.C. II story to be about a couple in the end (or more probably a triangle of some sort), but they're pretty much obliged to introduce the other characters too. It seems to me they're setting this up to flow much like the first two seasons, with intros and setup in the early episodes, and drama in the latter ones. Having the relationship right off the bat gives it a headstart, but I highly doubt the anime was ever going to be simply about "Koko and Yoshiyuki's love story" -- there's a lot more to tell.
Old 2007-10-15, 00:50   Link #293
DanielSong39

Let's not forget that Nanaka has a large role in Koko's path in the game; which is why the confession scene in the first episode seemed out of place. I find it strange that she has had LESS screen time than any of the other main characters - and even some side characters. Not only are we missing out on a great character, we're also missing a large part of the overall story.

Find it even more strange that we haven't been introduced to the main story, two epsodes in. Though D.C. is notorious for its slow starts, let's not forget that the original series at least established the Nemu-Sakura rivalry and introduced magical elements from the beginning.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2007-10-15 at 01:00.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:54   Link #294
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
LOL I bet Skyfall is pleased that a tsundere turned up in DCII ;p
Pleased indeed. How can i not be pleased to know there is always something i can rant about if everything else fails to provide such material ?
Granted, Tsundere loli robot is something i have yet to see, but i could have done without one

As for the story itself - i am not surprised to see Koko x Yoshijuki pushed in to the background. I am pretty much expecting that to be the formula for a while - random things keep getting in the way of Koko and Yoshijuki (mainly involving Yoshijuki being pulled away due to X reason), thus denying their relationship the chance to develop, which would eventually lead to "Are we really a couple ?" or such from Koko, which in turn would lead to eventual breakup. No, i don't think Koko has a snowballs chance in hell to 'win' in the end.

I was a tad surprised about the lack of screentime for Otome/Yume though. I was expecting more screentime for at least one of them (and i pretty much expect one of them to end up with Yoshijuki). Likewise, i was expecting more of a reaction from Yume when finding out about Koko and Yoshujuki (Otome seems like the type to bottle things up anyway, so would be unlikely to show anything) ... oh well - will just have to wait till they get past the character introduction episodes and hope they are not as 'meh' overall as the 2nd episode.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:55   Link #295
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
After a few days I finally decided to watch it ^_^. I found it better than the other DCs so far. I do love the way they portray the Sakura trees though, very beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Granted, Tsundere loli robot is something i have yet to see, but i could have done without one
hahaha, you Tsendere freak! j/k ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 02:58   Link #296
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Curiosity question. I read that there would be cameos for both Nemu and Junichi in this series. Does anyone know when they'll show up, or if there's pictures of them online yet? I'm curious what Junichi and Nemu look like in their 70's.

Hopefully this question hasn't been asked yet because I did look but didn't see anything that specifically answered this question.
Old 2007-10-15, 12:14   Link #297
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Curiosity question. I read that there would be cameos for both Nemu and Junichi in this series. Does anyone know when they'll show up, or if there's pictures of them online yet? I'm curious what Junichi and Nemu look like in their 70's.

Hopefully this question hasn't been asked yet because I did look but didn't see anything that specifically answered this question.
Spoiler for for if Nemu and Junichi appear in the game:

Just watched episode 2--I'm surprised that two episodes into this the three characters that seem to be the most popular (Otome, Yume, and Nanaka) have had so little screentime. Unless this really is going to end with Yoshiyuki x Koko, I'd have thought the others would have gotten more attention by now, instead of jumping straight to a side character episode focusing on Minatsu. Of course, I could be dead wrong and Koko and Minatsu WILL be the main heroines in this, regardless of lack of popularity with fans. My money's still on Yume or Otome, but if I'm right it's strange they haven't tried to give them more of the limelight--so far their reactions to Yoshiyuki and Koko's relationship are just ambivalent, unless they're doing a good acting job.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 12:44   Link #298
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

This is just pure speculation on my part again, but I suspect that the lack of screentime they're giving to Otome, Yume, and Nanaka in the first two episodes is a bit of a ruse. I think one of the reasons for this is to establish the core group of friends in his class before other characters start stealing the limelight and (as we've already seen) Yoshiyuki's attention from Koko. Nanaka especially -- I think it's important to establish Yoshiyuki's long time connection with Koko before Nanaka appeared in his life. The fact that they're already going out makes it even more potent. And I expect they're saving the Otome and Yume screentime for a bit later.

We'll see what episode 3 has to say on the matter shortly.

Edit: No sooner said, than...
Spoiler for episode 3:
Edit 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Nemu went on a nice boat trip after she discover Junichi went Makoto on her with Sakura and Kotori
When you get your mind set on an idea...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-10-15 at 13:35.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:12   Link #299
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Bleh I don't much like this series already... No Kotori, no transvestite cutie from the games, going so far into the future, etc.

Plus minatsu is such a poor replacement for Miharu-chan ;x

I'm not looking forward to much, or placing high expectations on this series.

also... why is Sakuranbo still loli...? I'm pretty sure that Sakura is supposed to be Sakuranbo... At the end of DCSS wasn't the "curse" supposed to be gone? Wasn't she supposed to start aging again? It's been 50 freaking years! Or am I confusing it with something else.
Old 2007-10-15, 16:23   Link #300
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
also... why is Sakuranbo still loli...? I'm pretty sure that Sakura is supposed to be Sakuranbo... At the end of DCSS wasn't the "curse" supposed to be gone? Wasn't she supposed to start aging again? It's been 50 freaking years! Or am I confusing it with something else.
I guess I should say "you'll find out".

Though, I can point out, they never said the aging curse was lifted at the end of D.C.S.S., or the original D.C. for that matter. Even though the tree whithered at the end of D.C., you'll recall that Sakura returned in D.C.S.S. looking as young as ever.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, magic, romance, school life, seinen