AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-08, 13:23   Link #21
Rayster

Sorry for fossil bumping.

I really liked GK21 than GK. Even though its muc more darker and has a little funny scenes compared to GK I guess it pretty stands on its own. Like others said, its so short.

So any of you guys have already read Gatekeepers 1985?
Rayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 20:48   Link #22
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayster View Post
So any of you guys have already read Gatekeepers 1985?
That depends on if someone manage(or care) to tranlate the novel. I'm still wanting to read it. I've planning on re-watch GK and GK21. ayane is my favourite character of the entire franchise(she's a tragic hero but that doesen't prevent her from being the most Badass Gatekeeper of the series, seriously, the girl is hardcore when invaders are involved).

Sorry for more fossil bumping xDU.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 19:50   Link #23
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Oh good - thankfully the Aegis Files site was saved when Geocities shut down
http://www.reocities.com/aegisfiles/
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 23:37   Link #24
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

One weak surfing the web and still no results for GK 1985 novel, i want to read Shun's last fight so badly T-T.

...4 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:51   Link #25
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i love watching this series back in high school, its awesome at that time, its one of Gonzo's good work animation wise imo
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 12:28   Link #26
ReddyRedWolf

Well I just realized why Miu wants to change. In one scene she is with a guy. They are leaving a love motel. Yes Compensated Dating and what it entails.

Well saving the world could be more worthwhile than being with older men.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 10:32   Link #27
davyu

I offered to translate, no one seemed to care enough to get back to me, so I forgot about it.

Did I just fossil bump? Haha

Spoiler alert:

The last fight does not occur, there was just a brief account, kinda a let down.

Last edited by davyu; 2011-06-02 at 10:37. Reason: added spoiler!
davyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 01:37   Link #28
rpg5maniac
Manga Otaku

@Davyu - can i ask for a translation or a summary of what happened during the novel?
Its so hard to learn how to understand japanese, i have the novel but i dont understand a damn thing. . . It would be so great if you could

GK 1985 is just a light novel, if i could only read japanese, i could have translated it a long time ago, oh well. . . 300 pages. . .
rpg5maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 01:42   Link #29
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Gk 21.... ooohhh. Ayane's pretty damned awesome; it's unfortunate that it only had a few episodes and that ending Z_Z
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 08:40   Link #30
rpg5maniac
Manga Otaku

Man, this Anime is awesome, it really just sucks that Shun and Ruriko did not end up together, hmm why is that? grrrr. i want that 1985 so badly.. Hey Davyu, you there yet? hehe still waiting for your reply hehe thx man
Old 2011-06-17, 11:05   Link #31
davyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg5maniac View Post
Man, this Anime is awesome, it really just sucks that Shun and Ruriko did not end up together, hmm why is that? grrrr. i want that 1985 so badly.. Hey Davyu, you there yet? hehe still waiting for your reply hehe thx man
Haha, alright, I'll resume my work some time tonight. As I said in my original post, it's only going to be a laid back translation, mainly so you guys could read the story... while i'm at it, can someone work out how i can 'share' it, so people could find it?
Old 2011-06-17, 19:11   Link #32
rpg5maniac
Manga Otaku

Thanks DAYVU, haha been waiting for your response, i think maybe we could post it on FB so. . . Thanks for your hardwork. . .
Old 2011-10-07, 22:03   Link #33
Hikari no Clover

Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
just finished reading the GK1985 novel , if only i had more time, i could have done this 2 years earlier

sorry i dont know how to use the spoiler function it doesnt work for me

note that the following is a heavy spoiler for the novel

the novel mainly focuses on the the battle with Gentlemen of God of Death who together with Infinite Beast and Girl of Ghost (she appears in GK21) almost destroyed the entire AEGIS in 1970. By letting Infinite Beast transforms into the Boss of AEGIS in New York Headquarter to isolate each branch, then use Girl of Ghost's teleportation ability to bring Gentleman of God of Death to everywhere for the massacres. Fei and Reiko do not appear in this novel as Fei returns to China and Reiko is on vocation. Ruriko overuses her Gate to heal all the victims and i think she loses her power after healing Shun who barely survives after has been looked at twice by Gentlemen of God of Death (absorb lives by looking at the targets). in the end of the battle Shun manages to kill Infinite Beast but unfortunately the other 2 escape. Shun keeps blaming himself for this for the following 15 years until Kageyama invites him to rejoin AEGIS. There are not much detail about the final battle that Shun has with Gentlemen of God of Death in 1985, Kageyama just reads a report that tells they both died, and this is the end of the novel. 1 funny thing is that Kageyama's other Gate is the Gate of Sight which allows him to do some sort of prediction for future, this is different from the German girl in anime as she predicts physical movement only, with the Gate of Sight, Kageyama is able to see some sort of the outcome for a particular event, although sometimes he fails or it is not very clear

Last edited by Hikari no Clover; 2011-10-07 at 22:27.
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 00:31   Link #34
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Thanks for the summary. Doesn't really sate my almost decade long desire to read it, but I can close the book on this series (mentally, at least).
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:37   Link #35
davyu

Haha so do I still need to do the dirty translation work? I'm only about 50% done, I could put it on hold...

Last edited by davyu; 2011-10-24 at 11:24.
Old 2011-10-25, 01:59   Link #36
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Wait, shit, you were translating it? Full speed ahead!
Old 2011-10-25, 06:53   Link #37
davyu

Yea, I posted earlier on asking if anyone wanted it. I don't read Japanese either, it's going to be a double translation, I'm translating from the Chinese version. But doesn't seem worthwhile if no one's interested...
Old 2011-10-25, 08:14   Link #38
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

By all means, man. By all means.
Old 2011-10-26, 04:03   Link #39
davyu

Yea probably will do. The book is fairly long, I usually get bursts of urges to translate about 10% of it, then I get demotivated and lazy haha.
Old 2011-11-16, 19:40   Link #40
davyu

OMG, I can't believe I finally finished. Just need to scan through it once now.