AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-05-16, 17:59   Link #301
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
js06 really deserves to be praised, giving us info on Kamachi's new stuff while he has so many other things to do. Thanks, man.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:35   Link #302
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Yeah that's some really good job here (w), he deserves an Oscar of the most hardworking translator.

That Shinobu guy kinda reminds me of Araragi but with seemly different tastes ... (actually on the other way around >.<)

More importantly from MAL :

Quote:
*1, 59,929 *59,929 Durarara!! vol.11
*2, 22,923 *22,923 Megu to Seron vol.4
*3, 18,950 *18,950 Intelivillage no Zashikiwarashi
*4, 15,546 *15,546 Boku to Kanojo no Game Senso vol.3
*5, 14,913 136,560 Kotenbu Series vol.1 Hyouka
*6, 12,794 *12,794 Gakusei Shoujo
*7, 11,962 *72,338 Kotenbu Series vol.2
*8, 11,038 *11,038 Black Bullet vol.3
*9, *9,826 **9,826 Dansho no Grimm vol.17 Part 2
10, *9,670 *62,393 Kotenbu Series vol.3
11, *9,028 *83,107 Kotenbu Series vol.4
12, *8,954 747,169 Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho vol.1
13, *8,703 **8,703 Gunparade March 2K vol.2
14, *8,186 522,918 Biblia Koshoten no Jikentecho vol.2
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 00:49   Link #303
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
That Shinobu guy kinda reminds me of Araragi but with seemly different tastes ... (actually on the other way around >.<)
Base on that one short excerpt, He doesn't have the same wordplay or sexual harassment tendency

But he does seem quick-witted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
More importantly from MAL :
Yeah I just checked Oricon, Intelivillage no Zashikiwarashi got tenth place for it's opening week, that very good considering it's a brand new title... Then again, the only real big name is Durarara.

I'll say it maintains enough for one more week to raise it to 25k.

Durarara probably have enough strength to stay for a full month to break the 100k barrier. Though it doesn't feel like anyone cares too much about it these days...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 01:20   Link #304
Valky
Nightwalker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah I just checked Oricon, Intelivillage no Zashikiwarashi got tenth place for it's opening week, that very good considering it's a brand new title... Then again, the only real big name is Durarara.
Hyou-ka is also quite a big name since it gets picked up by KyoAni. Btw, it's the effect of "Kamachi" I guess, he is a brand-name now after all.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 01:50   Link #305
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Hyou-ka is also quite a big name since it gets picked up by KyoAni. Btw, it's the effect of "Kamachi" I guess, he is a brand-name now after all.
Hyou-ka is a normal novel, not a Light Novel plus it was from a long time ago, but yeah I get what you mean.

Brand name huh... Looking back at the history of Heavy Object's sales... I wonder if Zashikiwarashi could/would match it.

v1 : 16875, 10 Oct 2009 (10th)
v2 : 29867, 10 Jun 2010 (6th)
v3 : 20243, 10 Nov 2010 (5th)
v4 : 19622, 10 Sep 2011 (7th)
v5 : 29545, 10 Nov 2011 (4th)

None of them ranked after the first week, But the only Light Novels that overshadow it are the rather popular titles.

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:23   Link #306
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Base on that one short excerpt, He doesn't have the same wordplay or sexual harassment tendency
But he does seem quick-witted.
What's left is to know if he's dense or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Durarara probably have enough strength to stay for a full month to break the 100k barrier. Though it doesn't feel like anyone cares too much about it these days...
Blame it on Brains Base ... and it's precisely why it needs a crossover with you know who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
-snip-
I'm surprised that none of them actually ranked the second week ... not that I expected some top notch performances.
Other than that, do you also have any info about how the manga did, please?
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 07:25   Link #307
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What's left is to know if he's dense or not
I'm betting just like Touma and Quenser, he's going to be interested in girls, but oblivious to their signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Blame it on Brains Base ... and it's precisely why it needs a crossover with you know who
Yeah, not good for the fans.

What's the point of a solid adaptation if you're not going to follow up?

But hey who knows? Maybe it won't be like FMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I'm surprised that none of them actually ranked the second week ... not that I expected some top notch performances.
Other than that, do you also have any info about how the manga did, please?

Ah there seem to be a misunderstanding- I meant that none of Heavy Object's release ranked after the first week I'm pretty sure OreImo and Durarara would have ranked the entire month
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 03:20   Link #308
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm betting just like Touma and Quenser, he's going to be interested in girls, but oblivious to their signals
I already feel bad for the cuties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah there seem to be a misunderstanding- I meant that none of Heavy Object's release ranked after the first week I'm pretty sure OreImo and Durarara would have ranked the entire month
erm ... sorry, really sorry ... but, there actually wasn't a misunderstanding (that's my fault, I didn't mean to quote the spoilers with it ... but at that time I was too bored to accurately edit my post) ... I confirm that I was surprised that out of the 5 volumes of HO already out none of them ranked even the second week ^^"
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:51   Link #309
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What's left is to know if he's dense or not
From the excerpts it seems that he's far from being dense, he has enough sharpness to avoid unconsciously agreeing to a LOLMARRIAGE to Yuki-Onna.

... And geez, you guys, don't you guys think we should just stop discussing Kamachi's works here and make a thread to discuss that? This is way off-topic, I'd like to make a topic and probably request that the posts pertaining to the discussions be moved into it, but I am not sure how to go about it. Anyone to care doing the icebreaking?
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 01:42   Link #310
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
From the excerpts it seems that he's far from being dense, he has enough sharpness to avoid unconsciously agreeing to a LOLMARRIAGE to Yuki-Onna.
You have a point, but in certain case being dense is more an issue of psychological barrier than an issue of perspicacity, for instance : "there's no way my best friend can be in love with me, thus she just averts her gaze and blushes because of some fever ... maybe". The best example are maybe Nisio's character especially in Medaka Box where love and marriage are made fun of to an hopeless extend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... And geez, you guys, don't you guys think we should just stop discussing Kamachi's works here and make a thread to discuss that? This is way off-topic, I'd like to make a topic and probably request that the posts pertaining to the discussions be moved into it, but I am not sure how to go about it. Anyone to care doing the icebreaking?
My sincere apologies, it wasn't intentional. The idea was only to discuss about novel releases and sales but we got carried away (well it's especially my fault since as started it >.>)... But yeah, it's probably the best to do as you say. And about who's going to do the job, ... I'll wholeheartedly suggest the task to be entrusted to one of you elders. ^^"
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 13:55   Link #311
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
When is the P4 LN starring Naoto come out?
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 19:41   Link #312
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
June, probably around 10th since it's dengeki bunko according to my local kinokuniya release schedule.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:10   Link #313
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Cross Regalia 2 has been out for a while now in case anyone cares
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 22:18   Link #314
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm betting just like Touma and Quenser, he's going to be interested in girls, but oblivious to their signals
I just hope Sunrise's studio 8 will turn HO into an anime series.
__________________
The world is collapsing
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 04:44   Link #315
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Cross Regalia 2 has been out for a while now in case anyone cares
1st time heard of this title, is it good?
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 09:32   Link #316
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
1st time heard of this title, is it good?
Not bad. Decent enough as a secondary series to read. It's by Rental Magica's author.

Although admittedly I don't read Rental Magica...


Nata is pretty cute...
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 10:00   Link #317
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Not bad. Decent enough as a secondary series to read. It's by Rental Magica's author.

Although admittedly I don't read Rental Magica...


Nata is pretty cute...
*eyes lit up*


Rental Magica's author you say? Well that changes everything...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:26   Link #318
desrtsku
I think I've lost it.
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The street.
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Nata is pretty cute...
*nosebleed*

Pretty cute you said? fine with me d(w)
__________________
desrtsku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 20:19   Link #319
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
*nosebleed*

Pretty cute you said? fine with me d(w)
Spoiler:


Vol 2 cover
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 02:34   Link #320
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
http://www.sneakerbunko.jp/series/cross/index.php

Shao Ying is my favorite character with his trash talk.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.