AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 17:53   Link #3341
Newhope

If she did win the case about the character looking like her the chance of seeing anymore TLU in the future are close to zero.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 18:34   Link #3342
Xagzan

Except they kept running the series even after she demanded money, which I'm guessing has been for more than one week. And even if she wins/won anything, it's still Hasemi's character, and you can't stop an artist from drawing a character just because they look like a real person. Or they could always give Haruna a new look.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 18:45   Link #3343
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Except they kept running the series even after she demanded money, which I'm guessing has been for more than one week. And even if she wins/won anything, it's still Hasemi's character, and you can't stop an artist from drawing a character just because they look like a real person. Or they could always give Haruna a new look.
Haruna growing more hair is always optional.
Old 2009-08-29, 19:13   Link #3344
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
They can stop you from useing that character again in the very least you'll get sued for alot of money.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 20:24   Link #3345
Justin Kim
*Artist

OMG! THAT WAS THE REASON?!? I swear to...some people just need to disappear in this world. Really, the mangaka didn't deserve that kind of treatment. His wife; I hope she realizes her impudent actions. Because sooner or later, her mailbox is going to be spammed by everyone whom read this story. She hurt her husband in so many ways due to her selfish actions, and not only that - completely destroyed a series that we expected to continue on a little longers. Have fun with the world-wide incoming mail.

Do you men and women think that a second manga series will be out of To Love-Ru, based upon the ending, and whether if the mangaka finally sorts everything out in his life? What do you think?

I would really like another 2nd manga series of To Love-Ru, I miss his artwork so very badly.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:49   Link #3346
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
If he really gave away a lot of money for dispute settlement then eventually he'll be back. He just needs to cool his head a bit and reevaluate his personal situation. If not soon then probably in 2 years, when his daughter will start school and he can let his parents take care of her of something, then he'll have the time to commit himself to drawing again.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 21:07   Link #3347
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I doubt he would stop drawing, he needs to work after all unless To-Love-Ru was more successful then I imagined and he's rich?
Old 2009-08-29, 21:22   Link #3348
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08 Send a message via Skype™ to Beruko08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
Except it wasn't revenge! Shame that there's so many people in this world like that! Not only did she hurt the man and his daughter, but the fans too!

Also interesting how Haruna was based on the wife, and how the wife could get money for it! Shame he couldn't just make Haruna move to another country and be out of the picture forever! Haruna didn't have that many fans anyway or perhaps she was intentionally made unpopular after his situation?
Though her character is originally based on his ex-wife it doesn't really mean she should be derserved that.
I hope that women won't be in his way anymore like doing something outrageous since i had a bad feeling that she might use an advantage of her own daughter anytime... Well, what thing done has already done anyways. :sigh: Wish he can do his drawing manga job again in the future...

Umineko no naku koro ni

Current Playing: Oblivion IV, Recettear, Bad Company 2, Starcraft II.
Current Watching Shiki, Seitokai, Mitsudomoe, Densetsu, Nurarihyon no mago, FMP Brotherhood, HOTD, Occult
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 21:25   Link #3349
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*´∀`)ノ

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I can't believe a great manga like this would end just because of things like that >_>

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 21:37   Link #3350
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It was his ex-wife who had the affair, and you won't believe who she had it with

Source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I can't believe a great manga like this would end just because of things like that >_>
No offense meant, but after going to that link, I feel this is something that must be done:

I dropped the manga back around chapter 123 because all the one-shot chapters going nowhere bored me. And just when I had been planning to marathon through some more to see if there were any more enjoyable moments (like, say, Riko :3) I see it's been cancelled. Ah well.
Old 2009-08-29, 22:07   Link #3351
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hope she won't annoy him anymore !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 22:13   Link #3352
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
They can stop you from useing that character again in the very least you'll get sued for alot of money.
I really don't think they can though. And also they didn't stop them from using her. I can't imagine any law that forbids drawing a character that looks like someone.

But if it's her personality Haruna was modelled after, then the ex still wouldn't have a case because it turns out Haruna stayed sweet and kind while she was shown to be a vindictive asshole. Not exactly similar personalities.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:07   Link #3353
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, as someone pointed out, we've only heard one side of the case. But ubtil we hear the other side...

His ex-wife has something to fear: Raging Fanboys. The Fans can be very scary, after all

otherwise, I'm with everyone else: hope that Yabuki's life gets back to being stable and nice, and then look forward to his next series (which I hope will be sort of like a Black Cat/TLR mix- plenty of ecchi, maybe some romance, but quite a bit of action too)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:24   Link #3354
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I think it all started from chapter 140, notice Haruna's personality change? Sounds like his ex. and then she doesn't appear that much or have any important roles for the rest of the series.
Old 2009-08-30, 00:33   Link #3355
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
so about 20 chapters ago, approximately 20 weeks ago (and then there are the breaks and the like that happen) would put that at about... February/January time period? Well, that does explain quite a bit

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 01:23   Link #3356
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I feel bad for the guy, but this ending was a total cop out
Old 2009-08-30, 01:37   Link #3357
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
For that reason it ended? Wow, I hope she gets stuck under train rail tracks for ending To-Love-Ru and wow Haruna character was based of his wife....I found this..

Spoiler:
Wow if this is all true... this is the first time I really want someone to actually go DIAF....

EDIT: This is why otaku fall in love with 2D characters. :P

Last edited by ac195; 2009-08-30 at 01:47.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 01:51   Link #3358
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

My only regret is that we didn't get to see Motemitsu senpai in the end. or as expected of him?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 02:01   Link #3359
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
For that reason it ended? Wow, I hope she gets stuck under train rail tracks for ending To-Love-Ru and wow Haruna character was based of his wife....I found this..

Spoiler:
Sorry, but are those from reliable source? Don't get me wrong. I do feel sorry for him but I don't think it's believable. Even if characters are based on some people. But Yabuki-sensei is still the one who designs and creates them. Is it even possible for people to sue him using this reason? I don't know about Japanese's law but I really doubt it especially in a country full of doujin.
Old 2009-08-30, 02:25   Link #3360
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Sorry, but are those from reliable source? Don't get me wrong. I do feel sorry for him but I don't think it's believable. Even if characters are based on some people. But Yabuki-sensei is still the one who designs and creates them. Is it even possible for people to sue him using this reason? I don't know about Japanese's law but I really doubt it especially in a country full of doujin.
I think the "Industry" and "Circles" are on opposite sides when it comes to copyright infringement. The "industry" just turns a blind eye toward the doujin world since it has a strong fan backing (you don't want to awaken the beast... they know what the consequences are...).
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen, manga