AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-07-16, 02:11   Link #101
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Torrent: http://tracker.animesuki.info:6969/index.html
Old 2006-07-16, 02:13   Link #102
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Did I forget anything...
Yes... will there be judges' reviews like the last karacomp? Or is that waived for this one?

and Hellychan, I found it a pleasant surprise when I heard you rap, that's all.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 02:53   Link #103
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Yay! The torrent!

I enjoyed listening to it!!

Last edited by Chibi Nasu; 2006-07-16 at 04:23.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 07:06   Link #104
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
For those people who might not be able to download the entries using BT, I uploaded the zip file to YouSendIt:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...67605A1E9C2C94

Happy listening~

Remember, basket is an entry too
Old 2006-07-16, 07:39   Link #105
lavielove

All the songs are now in my mp3 player now. I like them all.
Old 2006-07-16, 10:20   Link #106
Fome

Tattoo Kiss would be my pick. I'm a sucker for harmonies and voices that blend well.

Pokemon was sick too. Gipface really sounded like he wanted to be a master.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 10:38   Link #107
GipFace

Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Uh oh... what happened to the songs in the torrent? Every song turned into a mono mess. Could you please fix up the songs and re-torrent, as the ones in the current package are not a clear indication of everyone's talent.

I applied a stereo effect (which I assumed would not disqualify us) during the times that both KawatoriShinji and I were singing. The mono downsample decimated this effect, which made the song sound even worse than it already is. Please re-download the original submission here:

http://nnl1.com/zz2/supahmp3

Oh... and everyone sounded great, regardless.... ^_^
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 11:14   Link #108
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Good job to everyone! All the entries I heard were super. I still need to download the torrent so I can hear the entries I missed. *had to leave for work*

Thanks for putting this on again, kcl! I think it's a lot of fun, personally, and I'm sure everyone else enjoys it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Thanks engrish_rrama for this great song. ~[^_^]~
You're welcome. Thanks for singing it with me. You did a great job. Let's do it again sometime. \(^-^)/
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket
Thank you for letting me sing with you, llama. You were a wonderful partner and I hope we can sing together again.
Sure we can sing again. You did a good job for your first time singing. Although we should try to find a song sooner in advance next time.
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 11:37   Link #109
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Skype™ to SCHADOWFOX
and as usual my FTP Mirror

ftp://anonymous:nix@planet-anime.org/pub/AnimeSuki.com/Karaoke Competition/Karaoke Duets Competition II.zip

FTP
Host planet-anime.org
User anonymous
Pass something
Path /pub/AnimeSuki.com/Karaoke Competition/
File Karaoke Duets Competition II.zip

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 11:53   Link #110
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I've been out of town and really busy for the past few weeks (only posted occassionally when I had a bit of time)... but I will check it out when I get back home. Good luck to everyone!
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 14:11   Link #111
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Thumbs up GREAT!! ^^b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl
Waits impatiently? lol
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl
Torrent will be up when the people who are in charge of adding to the tracker are awake. Which means... not my fault anymore!
Don't worry, I wasn't suspecting you <-- See? I eat veggies XD

Wee~!! Thx for the torrent JAF ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl
and Hellychan, I found it a pleasant surprise when I heard you rap, that's all
I'm glad you like it! *Now Helly wonders what she should do next time... ^^;;*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome
Tattoo Kiss would be my pick. I'm a sucker for harmonies and voices that blend well.
lol At first, Shiemi and I only planned to do one voice each of us, but we didn't know who would do the 1st or the 2nd voice, so we both sang the two voices, and tried to mix them altogether, and the result was kind of pleasant, so we stuck with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome
Pokemon was sick too. Gipface really sounded like he wanted to be a master.
*agree* I didn't know the English version of the song before, but GipFace could have been the true singer ^^

Anyway, next time, Fome, you'll have to participate!!! ( and Cheyanne too, and Li Jiangliang too! and everyone else too! lol )

I like all the songs!
Great job from all of you Now the vote will be a really tough one

I want to thank my precious partners: Cz, Shiemi, Jinto & Chibi Nasu: Thank you for duetting with me! That was a lot of fun! Love you all !

And also a big thx to kcl (the great announcer, can't get enough of your voice ) , SCHADOWFOX, JAF (who are working behind the scenes ) and to all the participants and the listeners! chu~!! <3
Old 2006-07-16, 14:25   Link #112
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Skype™ to SCHADOWFOX
I hopefully can get the public vote system working until the end of the week

So we have this time a fully working Vote & Review system @_@

but don't expect to much, I am really busy lately >_>

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 17:01   Link #113
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX
I hopefully can get the public vote system working until the end of the week

So we have this time a fully working Vote & Review system @_@

but don't expect to much, I am really busy lately >_>
Take your time - we need to talk about this when you're not busy (same with website) so we can get this foolproof for the next one.

Is still too hot...
Old 2006-07-17, 01:23   Link #114
Cz
Needs more sleep~

GipFace: Uh, see rule 2 first post about the effects thing. If you just stick with the version in the torrent maybe kcl will not burn you into a thin crisp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
I'm glad you like it! *Now Helly wonders what she should do next time... ^^;;*
I'll look forward to whatever it is you decide to try next time. ^_^
Spoiler:
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 03:15   Link #115
GipFace

GipFace: Uh, see rule 2 first post about the effects thing.

Yeah, I realized that from the beginning. Seeing as how we knew it was a throwaway entry anyway, we decided to have a little fun with it, consequences be damned. Oh well... I can't do anything about it now, as the work files were deleted a while ago. I'll go back to being a bit more "serious" for the next compo, I promise... >.>;

But that still does not excuse every file in the torrent being transcoded to 128kbps mono. This is the first time it has happened, which leads me to assume that kcl822 accidentally erred her encoder settings. Next time I'm submitting a flac.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 05:45   Link #116
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
But that still does not excuse every file in the torrent being transcoded to 128kbps mono. This is the first time it has happened, which leads me to assume that kcl822 accidentally erred her encoder settings. Next time I'm submitting a flac.
The broadcast was at 96kbps mono (because 128kbps stereo caused the stream to skip when some people tested it before the actual broadcast), but the files in the torrent are encoded at 128kbps stereo. (perhaps, admittedly, from a stream capture...)

Spoiler for mp3 summary information:
Old 2006-07-19, 01:36   Link #117
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
I want to thank my precious partners: Cz, Shiemi, Jinto & Chibi Nasu: Thank you for duetting with me! That was a lot of fun! Love you all !
It was fun! And thanks for introducing me to a great song I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise~ ^^
Old 2006-07-19, 15:14   Link #118
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Due to the extreme heat, I have almost no electricity in my home area and won't have a stable internet connection either...
I guess they didn't wanted me to do the competition at all...

GipFace: thank you for pointing out the rule-breaking issue. In normal cases, I would have disqualified the entry and not played it at all, followed by a lovely ban, maybe. But since I did not catch it sooner, that cannot be done at all. The fact that you are even "proud" of the rule-breaking... Guess the rules needs to be fine-tuned.

If you think the mp3 quality of the songs were horrible, let me know and I can re-encode them someday when the electricity is back (I can't even turn on the lights much less a computer).

On a lighter note, votes are open until this friday at midnight so I can announce the entries on saturday evening. Unless there is a hurricane or something in NYC, which might be possible at this rate...
Old 2006-07-19, 21:05   Link #119
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Spoiler:
Yeah, I should try this, even if I know that's it's technically impossible for me T_T'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
I'll go back to being a bit more "serious" for the next compo, I promise... >.>;
Seriously, you sang really good this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu
It was fun! And thanks for introducing me to a great song I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise~ ^^
You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it ^^

Quote:
Due to the extreme heat, I have almost no electricity in my home area and won't have a stable internet connection either...
So, it seems the extreme heat is also over there >_< It's 4:05 am here and I can't sleep because it's damn too hot ~_~
Though the electricity seems to be working here (maybe not for too long )
Old 2006-07-19, 21:16   Link #120
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Quote:
Yeah, the weather is unnaturally hot lately. The electricity here in Chicago has been fritzy, too, and our wireless keeps going in and out >.<

Tags
karaoke competition