AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-05-22, 00:14   Link #1
thosaid

utorrent or bittorrent?

well im currently using BitTorrent to get my shows and stuff but then i also tried and downloaded utorrent. i was wondering which one is better and if i switch over which one would have better results? because im having a lot of problems with BitTorrent.
thosaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 08:25   Link #2
WhiteNinjaRyu

Send a message via AIM to WhiteNinjaRyu Send a message via MSN to WhiteNinjaRyu
uTorrent is the better choice in my opinion. But then there's Azureus and BitComet. In which I like Azureus because of its features. So really, you might want to try Azureus why you're still having trouble with BitTorrent
Old 2006-05-24, 18:55   Link #3
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

I wouldn't recommand uTorrent, but I haven't used BitTorrent (the official client) either. I've been using BitComet and BItSpirit for a while now, they are both very good clients. Just don't use the newest version of BitComet yet, cuz the developers added some new features but they still haven't be able to get the bugs out yet. I recommand v.0.60 or 0.63 if you decide to try BitComet.
Old 2006-05-24, 20:32   Link #4
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

Either one is fine these days and don't use BitComet 0.60, DHT bugs
Old 2006-05-24, 21:58   Link #5
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I use utorrent and find it very good: fast, flexible, and easy to use.

I've never used the original bittorrent client, but I used to use bittornado, a good client which looks very similar. The user interface of utorrent is just far easier to use and has more features, without confusing you with them. You can have several downloads/uploads running at once, from the same window. You can preset how long you want to seed something. You can change the priority of different torrents. Etc.

I used to use BitComet, but it choked my internet connection and I couldn't find a way to solve the problem, even by shutting down DHT or rolling back versions. I used it over utorrent because of the user interface, but now utorrent's interface is at least as good as BitComet's. Development of utorrent has seemed to progress pretty quickly.

I've tried Azureus several times. The first few times I tried it, it just slowed my system to a crawl. More recently, I found the user interface is too complex and the advantages, if there are any, would have required too much learning to justify switching from a nice client like utorrent.

I haven't done speed tests to compare how fast different clients download the same torrents, but subjectively utorrent is as fast as any of those I've tired.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 22:11   Link #6
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

uTorrent for multiple torrents, and Bittornado for seeding/single torrents seem to work the best for me.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 07:57   Link #7
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Unless you are NATed by an evil ISP like mine, use uTorrent. When NATed, use BitComet 0.63 - that's practically the only way you could download using torrents.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 09:18   Link #8
Lost

From my own experience, If you like getting infomation (and lots of it) about your torrent; information that is well organised, easy to read, and in all the right places, use Azureus.

Disadvantage is that you need RAM for this program. It used to slow my system down when I had only 512 DDR400, but now with 1GB its more or less alrite.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 15:33   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Despite being hated by many people, BitComet for me is a fact of life. Without BitComet, I couldn't even watch anime ... definitely use it is you're under a bad ISP or under Smart or PLDT in the Philippines.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 09:06   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Utorrent is good if u want to use a single torrent

bittorrent i prefer for downloading 4 torrents at a time.