AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-12-29, 20:59   Link #21
Cracknut
The Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I would have to agree with raphael. Your images do look a little stiff (just noticed it) but they are lovely drawings.
Dido, but he'll improve. My first drawings are a lot worse than his and I do this professionally!!!
Cracknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 08:39   Link #22
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Elliot View Post
Thank you a lot for the comments ^_^ I think I got more motivation for working on those damn wings again xD I'm trying myself on one of my own drawings, it's the Angel in the third spoiler, the one which is almost naked... And the Wings are really hard to color ~.~
*Pushes Alice's motivation a little higher* I think you'll have a hard time adding detail to the feathers but I am sure you will succeed. (though one thing I wanted to ask you... are you planning to color it with ink/color on the paper or with the computer?)

I ask because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Elliot
* a scanner (yay finally I can scan my drawings!)

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-01-05 at 08:49.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 08:33   Link #23
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Send a message via MSN to Alice Elliot
@Jinto Thanks ^-^ Well I'm coloring it with Paint Shop Pro it looks much better if it is done per computer than per hand exceeeept~ I had such special pens (dunno the name for it xD) and well I don't because they are really expensive ^^; With comp is much harder because I somehow can't handle this drawing pad, so I'm doing it with the mouse T_T' Well this is as far as I've come... I try to use some blue colors for the wings

Old 2007-01-06, 10:35   Link #24
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

That looks already very nice, but you will have a hard time making it look animeish.
May I give you some basic hints for coloring?

If you like to know, I explain in the spoiler

Spoiler:

edit:

I guess this is your lucky day. Since I was trying line-art in 3ds max7 I used your picture as sample... (because thats the only program I have, that supports splines/bezier curves... I just wanted to try it out)

Spoiler for Ergebnis:

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-01-06 at 22:34.
Old 2007-01-07, 07:59   Link #25
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

@Jinto Thank you for all the advices ^_^ The problem is I never really learned about all the tools and everything so I'm a totally newbie if it is about coloring, I don't even know how to use the layers and other tools right ^^; So I didn't work with such tools so far.. But I like the colors how they are now, though you are right with the outlines and everything guess I gotta work more on those as well. The outcome of your line-art try is awesome ^^ Usually I just colored step by step and then went for the outlines, seems like the reverse of that is much better xD But the problem is I want the outlines and the colored "contents" to go into each other, so that the outlines are seen but not too... eye-catching. So that the outlines are not just black, but more natural.

I like Yuu Watases Manga Art a lot for example, she got really "smooth" lines -> http://ayawalls.webpark.pl/20aya_1024.jpg
and detailed pictures while Anime art is mostly not so full of colors compared to Manga Art -> http://www.fushigi-yuugi.net/006.jpg

But also that is kind of too "high" for me yet. T_T'
Old 2007-01-07, 16:22   Link #26
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I see, so thats the style you are trying to do.
I can upload a render that uses thin lines. The line art is vector graphic, so that should not be a problem.

btw. I used your progress and tried something with thin lines and layering techniques, but since the hair is too different in both versions, I wasn't able to fully implement it. Basically, this picture is almost completely shaded by yourself, I just layered colors a little bit... and did some tweaks.

Spoiler for Bild ähnlich aufbereitet wie in deinen Beispielen:

Please tell me if you like to use the thin lined render (line-art). I will load it up then...

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-01-07 at 16:41.
Old 2007-01-07, 16:26   Link #27
Malice_of_Wings
Sinner

Send a message via AIM to Malice_of_Wings
What is it with you and naked women...?
Old 2007-01-07, 16:27   Link #28
Malice_of_Wings
Sinner

Send a message via AIM to Malice_of_Wings
They are all half naked or naked or something like that... It's sort of scary...
Old 2007-01-08, 05:31   Link #29
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

@Jinto Thanks again, that's more like the thing I want to go for ^^ I will try to line body and wings like that. And I will start the wings over. You're really good with such things

@Malice_of_Wings Dun worry I'm not lesbian or something, also I'm not a pervert It's just easier to draw women than men so I got more drawings of females. Well and in general I still think that women got nicer (rounder) bodies than men. Though I know that's not right, I should get better at drawing men as well. But I don't understand what's scary about drawing naked characters O.o'

And @Topic here are a few new (old) things

These are from 2002 & '03 (not my own creations, those are copies of SOEX, FF8 and Grandia)

Spoiler:

And last year (more artwork of the manga I didn't continue)

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-08, 06:50   Link #30
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
@Jinto Thanks again, that's more like the thing I want to go for ^^ I will try to line body and wings like that. And I will start the wings over. You're really good with such things
Not really It is just enough to create some materials for my 3D art work. I've never been so much into 2D drawing because I can't quite imagine how shadows and highlights need to be situated on a surface (and as far as I can tell, most mangaka's or cell artist's intuition for such things isn't very correct to reality either, strangely enough our brain doesn't care much, and makes it right... one thing really annoys me though. Since I've done 3D art I know that many animeish faces uses shifted eyes... that means given a certain perspective, eyes are either shifted (position wise) right or left. I did not realize this before. And now I just have the feeling it doesn't look right, while other people say "omg cute, woah wonderfull..." and stuff, I just see the eye's that should not be where they are )

Quote:
And @Topic here are a few new (old) things

These are from 2002 & '03 (not my own creations, those are copies of SOEX, FF8 and Grandia)
Well done (copied or not, it trains your ability to draw lines, and get a feeling for proper shapes)

Quote:
And last year (more artwork of the manga I didn't continue)
Your manga, now I really wonder... finhelm knight... priestress, was it meant to be related to Ragnarok Online by coincidence? Anyway nice work
Old 2007-01-08, 09:47   Link #31
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

@Jinto Well we talked about that, with your own art and yourself you're always most critical
About RO, yep I wanted to go for a Ragnarok Doujinshi, but after a while I quitted because I wanted to do something on my own, my own artwork, character design and so on ... ^^
Old 2007-01-10, 08:18   Link #32
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Fanart I did today, because this Idea of NaruxHina came to my mind I wanted to draw it, didn't turn out as I wanted it though xD'

Last edited by Alice Elliot; 2007-01-10 at 16:17. Reason: screwed up :p
Alice Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 11:23   Link #33
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I do not know how it was supposed to turn out, but I like it. Well maybe there is something odd with his/her shoulder, but apart from that tiny flaw it looks really good.

(Ihr Oberarmknochen wirkt geknickt, d.h. ihr Oberarm müsste im Schulteransatz eigentlich gerade sein, breiter werden möglicherweise, aber sich im Achselbereich nicht so stark nach Innen beugen... der Ärmelansatz des Kleides deutet an, dass es sich nicht mehr um Bereiche des Schulterblattes handeln kann, dieses endet in Höhe des Schlüsselbeines.
Sein Oberarm müsste nach oben etwas breiter werden, das kannst du erreichen, indem du den Achsel definierenden Strich etwas einkürzt und die dazu gehörige Ärmelkontur weiter in Richtung Rücken ausrichtest)

Sorry it seems I am such a pedant ^^'
(constructive criticism)

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-01-10 at 11:38. Reason: german explanation
Old 2007-01-10, 16:14   Link #34
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
I do not know how it was supposed to turn out, but I like it. Well maybe there is something odd with his/her shoulder, but apart from that tiny flaw it looks really good.

(Ihr Oberarmknochen wirkt geknickt, d.h. ihr Oberarm müsste im Schulteransatz eigentlich gerade sein, breiter werden möglicherweise, aber sich im Achselbereich nicht so stark nach Innen beugen... der Ärmelansatz des Kleides deutet an, dass es sich nicht mehr um Bereiche des Schulterblattes handeln kann, dieses endet in Höhe des Schlüsselbeines.
Sein Oberarm müsste nach oben etwas breiter werden, das kannst du erreichen, indem du den Achsel definierenden Strich etwas einkürzt und die dazu gehörige Ärmelkontur weiter in Richtung Rücken ausrichtest)

Sorry it seems I am such a pedant ^^'
(constructive criticism)
Ah no, I'm happy that you tell me what doesn't look good, no need to apologize ^^ Yep, her shoulder was wrong and his too xD I found a few other mistakes as well beside those you mentioned, Hinatas hand was too thin before, her upper leg looked like it was between Narutos legs, Narutos Kyuubi marks took too much place in his face and the knuckles on his hand were misplaced. Well I fixed those now ^^
Edited it in the post above.
Old 2007-01-10, 16:24   Link #35
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
... her upper leg looked like it was between Narutos legs...
And I thought that was on purpose - a very intimate pose
Old 2007-01-10, 19:27   Link #36
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
And I thought that was on purpose - a very intimate pose
You enlightened me with a new idea! xD Here it is ^^

Old 2007-01-10, 19:48   Link #37
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Really nice (but her neck ^^'). What impressed me even more though, is the speed you are doing such drawings.
Old 2007-01-10, 19:54   Link #38
Alice Elliot
#1 Yaoi/Shonen-Ai Hater

Argh. That's a bad mistake, it'll take time to fix that.. ._.' Ah and I'm not really patient... that's the reason why my drawings which I want to color take so long... it takes a lot of patience.. ^^;
Old 2007-01-17, 03:40   Link #39
junfu
Anime Lover

Send a message via MSN to junfu
Your drawings will be nice if you get the proportions right. For example your picture above ... the neck is too long ..
Their body .. they look skinny, sorry do not take this as an insult, i am trying to help
Like you say critism helps in improving, as well as encouragement.
Your drawings are alright, just get the proportions right, and you are good to go