AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-11, 10:29   Link #81
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Ignoring the voice and all, I don't think he's been nearly as clingy as Yano from Bokura ga Ita.
Perhaps both shows are trying to trying to portray the same thing, but while Yano strikes me
as the clingy type, Yuuji is just ecchi in general. I think Kazuki could easily shape him to be
the way she wants if she were to take advantage of that, but instead she insists upon being
tsun-tsun to him all the time. (If Nana was like that Yano would have never given her the time
of day)
Yano's a case of a tormented soul due to a sad past caused by loss and betrayal. Yet despite his antics (which are more likely his ways of burying his pain), he's trying to make a better future (as he explained to Nana when he was confronted about having sex with the elder Nana). And what makes Yano better than Yuuji in my book is that when he notices Nana's pissed, he gets the hint (like in ep 8). Yuuji is basically an idiot who doesn't want to even try to control his primal urges when he's around Kazuki (he only did so in ep 2 as a condition not to have his "treasures" thrown away - a very shallow reason to do so). And notice how Yano gave Nana an opportunity to quit when they were going to have sex themselves in ep 9, which showed how considerate he was; I'd bet if somehow Yuuji got Kazuki in that situation (barring interference from Marie), he'd assault her until she was out of it.
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 11:21   Link #82
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Yano's a case of a tormented soul due to a sad past caused by loss and betrayal. Yet despite his antics (which are more likely his ways of burying his pain), he's trying to make a better future (as he explained to Nana when he was confronted about having sex with the elder Nana). And what makes Yano better than Yuuji in my book is that when he notices Nana's pissed, he gets the hint (like in ep 8). Yuuji is basically an idiot who doesn't want to even try to control his primal urges when he's around Kazuki (he only did so in ep 2 as a condition not to have his "treasures" thrown away - a very shallow reason to do so). And notice how Yano gave Nana an opportunity to quit when they were going to have sex themselves in ep 9, which showed how considerate he was; I'd bet if somehow Yuuji got Kazuki in that situation (barring interference from Marie), he'd assault her until she was out of it.
Of course, the chances of Yuuji sleeping with Kazuki's sister as a complicated revenge is somewhat slighter than Yano's 100% as well.
I dunno, I don't really see how the two series are comparable (except for the fact that a lot of people are watching both of them). This is a comedic romance - heavy on the comedy, light on the romance. Bokura ga Ita is a romantic comedy - heavy on the romance, light on the comedy. This is written for boys, ergo the boy acts like a dummy. Bokura ga Ita is written for girls, ergo the girl acts like a dummy. Jedinat had the best explanation I've ever heard for why some people like one over the other. He said, "I prefer shoujo because when the girls acts dumb, it's cute, but when a boy does it, it's just irritating". When I asked my wife about it, she could see his point because, to her, when the girl acts dumb, it's irritating, but when the boy does it, it's cute.
I'm not trying to say Yuuji's a great guy (he is, in point of fact, a stock character for this type of manga, perverted and blind); however, Yano's not really a great guy either so I thought I'd offer a counter-view on it. Personally I find Yano's somewhat calculating nature to be a put off, whereas I can kind of understand Yuuji's desire to just be himself.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 11:23   Link #83
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
I'd bet if somehow Yuuji got Kazuki in that situation (barring interference from Marie), he'd assault her until she was out of it.
Wow, do you really think Yuuji is that bad ? im shocked.

I don't think that all the physical violence that his little sister and Kazuki heap on him is actually strong enough to stop him, were he actually half the animal you see him as.
He lets them beat him up a bit, and in reality has no intention of doing anything violent, imo.
(Air-soft pellets and punches from girls really dont hurt that much at all.)

Afair, Yuuji has never done anything nearly as violent as when yano ripped up Yuri's picture.
That was damn cold-hearted. Yuuji is a much kinder and gentler guy than Yano. (Yano seems
bipolar and dangerous to me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
whereas I can kind of understand Yuuji's desire to just be himself.
That was the impression I got of him: around other people he's fairly reserved and normal.
Around Kazuki he's completely at ease, and simply lets his thoughts and feelings out unprocessed.

(Like any guy, half the time he's thinking about perverted stuff. What kazuki doesnt realize that the
guys that don't show/admit/say it are too)

Perhaps this show will have a sad ending, and the moral of the story will be: "its the guys responsibility
to be a smooth operator, else he'll be a loser"
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 16:28   Link #84
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Wow, do you really think Yuuji is that bad ? im shocked.

I don't think that all the physical violence that his little sister and Kazuki heap on him is actually strong enough to stop him, were he actually half the animal you see him as.
He lets them beat him up a bit, and in reality has no intention of doing anything violent, imo.
(Air-soft pellets and punches from girls really dont hurt that much at all.)
Perhaps you don't know how potentially dangerous pent-up resentment can get - most acts of revenge are born from it.
Trust me, getting hit by a paintball round is no laughing matter. I once took part in a paintball competition and suffered a near point-blank hit on my arm (which was not protected) and got an open wound about 1/2 inch wide in an instant, of course it hurt like hell (and that was just one well placed shot; imagine a whole volley of those). As for punches, also no laughing matter, since I've practiced martial arts in highschool (Tae Kwon Do), and with training, a punch can be strong enough to smash a concrete hollow block (the black belters are trained for that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Afair, Yuuji has never done anything nearly as violent as when yano ripped up Yuri's picture.
That was damn cold-hearted. Yuuji is a much kinder and gentler guy than Yano. (Yano seems
bipolar and dangerous to me)
Ripping that picture was more symbolic of Yano's resentment towards elder Nana (remember he wants to forget about her after her betrayal). If he were really dangerous he'd do worse than that, like really go feral in ep 10 when current gf Nana doused him with water, and he was already in a state of jealousy. Instead he realized he stepped over the line. Yuuji doesn't seem to realize that most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
That was the impression I got of him: around other people he's fairly reserved and normal.
Around Kazuki he's completely at ease, and simply lets his thoughts and feelings out unprocessed.

(Like any guy, half the time he's thinking about perverted stuff. What kazuki doesnt realize that the
guys that don't show/admit/say it are too)
Did you read my post earlier where I said "been there, done that"? It's one thing to be yourself; it's another matter to let yourself go uncontrolled. It has to do with this thing called "maturity". Hey I sometimes have perverted thoughts. But do I act them out, especially around a girl who's not in that stage of intimacy yet? No way. If I did, I'd probably end up in the slammer. Just look at the stuff that happens in Inukami - how often was Keita arrested for public indecency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Perhaps this show will have a sad ending, and the moral of the story will be: "its the guys responsibility
to be a smooth operator, else he'll be a loser"
Keitaro of Love Hina was not exactly a smooth operator (in fact he was a real klutz). He was just kind and caring, and that won all the girls' hearts. Same with many protagonists of various harem anime (from Da Capo to Lamune).
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-09-11 at 16:55.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 18:06   Link #85
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
0_0
Enlil, are you trying to say that you see Yuuji as a savage animal who really requires taekwondo and crown control devices used on him to prevent him from raping the closest warm body?

I just dont see him that way at all.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 18:44   Link #86
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show the rest of you are.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 18:46   Link #87
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
0_0
Enlil, are you trying to say that you see Yuuji as a savage animal who really requires taekwondo and crown control devices used on him to prevent him from raping the closest warm body?

I just dont see him that way at all.
At the rate things are going, he gives me that kind of impression (in fact I'd say he's approaching Inukami's Sekidousai), then again what does Marie keep all those guns for? Perhaps if he saw Kazuki in pain (or at least crying), then he might realize what he's doing, hopefully it won't be too late by then.
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:22   Link #88
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 34
A beautiful episode for this week and almost Yuuji-centric.

Spoiler for for episode 11:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 16:59   Link #89
Srin Tuar
無謀
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Spoiler for ep11:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 18:03   Link #90
philip72
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pekopon
Episode 5 made me realize just how damn cool Chihaya is.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 03:14   Link #91
potholes
~ hanabi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ^shooting star^
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show the rest of you are.
Same goes here rooboy666. But to have Tonagura's Yuuji and Bokura Ga Ita's Yano compared to each other... never in my wildest dream did I ever thought of that...

well.. boys are still boys... they have that certain degree of perverted-ness in each and every one of them.. come to think of it... when you do see "perverted-ness" as a side of a character... everyone can be rounded up as having one similarities.. which is of course "perverted-ness"... i think... i believe the only thing that draws the line is, to what degree that someone is perverted.

am i even making sense to myself? LOL... don't mind me people... i've just managed to confuse myself again..

anyways... i like both character... yuuji for his twisted perverted-ness (its a sight to the eye)... and yano.. for his silent way of crying "help me.. love me" (a tickle to the heart)...
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:23   Link #92
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler for ep11:
Indeed,
Spoiler:
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 09:29   Link #93
potholes
~ hanabi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ^shooting star^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Indeed,
Spoiler:
my my...

Spoiler:
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 16:08   Link #94
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
After seeing the first few episodes...

I have a hard time deciding who has the bigger problem, Yuuji or Hatsune. Yuuji's perversions certainly bring him down but what about Hatsune? She makes every attempt to feed Yuuji's desires and exploits her poor sister at every opportunity.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 22:18   Link #95
potholes
~ hanabi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ^shooting star^
hmmn.. i think you're right danielsong39. Hatsune does seem to be the bigger culprit isn't... but could it be that she's trying to bring the two childhood friends back together?
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:34   Link #96
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by potholes
hmmn.. i think you're right danielsong39. Hatsune does seem to be the bigger culprit isn't... but could it be that she's trying to bring the two childhood friends back together?
You're correct that she does intend to reunite the two childhood friends. Her problem is they way she's doing it - by encouraging Yuuji to become a complete perv, maybe not intentionally, but given how airheaded she is, she probably doesn't notice the difference (or perhaps she doesn't even know what a pervert is?).
Spoiler:
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 23:45   Link #97
potholes
~ hanabi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ^shooting star^
i think i'll go with the possibility that she doesn't know what a pervert is! Its hillarious though! But tell me... can a boy be as perverted as Yuuji? I mean he's extremely perverted
__________________

Ookiku nattara, nani ni naritai n' ?
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 00:43   Link #98
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This might be off the topic... but remember Takayuki? Yuuji is bad, but he has a stopping point; Takayuki goes ALL the way.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 00:52   Link #99
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
This might be off the topic... but remember Takayuki? Yuuji is bad, but he has a stopping point; Takayuki goes ALL the way.
I don't think it's correct to compare Yuuji with Takayuki. Takayuki NEVER forced himself on anyone. He's more of a misguided/tormented type who doesn't want to deliberately hurt anyone. In fact in some way he's a bit like Yano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potholes
i think i'll go with the possibility that she doesn't know what a pervert is! Its hillarious though! But tell me... can a boy be as perverted as Yuuji? I mean he's extremely perverted
How about Keita from Inukami, or that guy from Sorcerer Hunters?
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-09-22 at 01:08.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 01:17   Link #100
potholes
~ hanabi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ^shooting star^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
How about Keita from Inukami, or that guy from Sorcerer Hunters?
they are a class of their own. But what I'm refering to actually is can a real boy (in real life) be that perverted? LOL I'd like to believe that the humankind (in real life) can be better than that.
__________________

Ookiku nattara, nani ni naritai n' ?
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.