AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 06:41   Link #61
ryomakun

Questions about episode 2:
Spoiler:

Reaction regarding episode 2:
Spoiler:
ryomakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 08:10   Link #62
Cal-Reflector

*Laughs* This has been a so-so anime so far, but it is certainly without a doubt the most socially-responsible goody-goody warm-hearted feel-good show I've ever seen, to the point of cheesiness in some instances. Not that Socially-responsible etc etc shows are bad, in fact, I like shows that espouse good values.

After episode 2, my reaction was... "They're such... good girls!" If anyone is familiar with Keroro Gunsou, you will understand when I say my reaction is similar to Tamama's whenever he tries to harm Moa but is in the end felled by her innocence: "How can this be!? Such brightness and purity...!!? In comparison I am just a snivelling, pitiful, narrow-hearted, hated-filled and twisted individual!!"

Yes, the sisters make us feel inferior as human beings. Their saintliness is too bright for us to even look upon. *Laughs*
Old 2006-07-18, 12:39   Link #63
Kensuke

I have been waiting for this and I just watched first two episodes in row, and I have to say that I liked this series from first minute. Ep. 1 was good, while a bit cheesy, but to its credit, it almost made me cry. I liked the second episode better, and I even have some laughs.
It has been long time since I have felt so strongly about the character, when they are happy, I'm happy, and when they are sad, I feel like I'm going to cry.

Owner-san is tsundere.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 14:02   Link #64
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Ryomakun: I'm not sure, but apparently watering the grounds make it cooler in a hot summer day.

Yes this series is cheesy, but hey, it's only 10 episodes! So it won't rot your teeth that much.

New character in episode 3... meh I didn't really like that episode that much.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 14:08   Link #65
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
whoever wrote the japanese text for the OP karaoke was a little under weird influence it seems... (I only have ep. 1 fansub, so dunno about #2) (or was it intentional?)

not that there's anything else I could complain about, keep up the good work, of course, DOREMI
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 21:03   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

For me, Aria is the pinnacle of warm-hearted goody-goody anime in fansub form from 2005 onwards. This series pales in comparison.

I was laughing hysterically at the melodramatics of the first episode and groaning at the stupidity of the elder sister in the second.

Oh well, 8 more to go. Maybe a miracle will happen and it will reach the level of Aria.
Old 2006-07-18, 21:46   Link #67
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

izfurrball, the OP/ED karaoke romanji is going to be fixed up for episode 3, so look forward to it!

Old 2006-07-19, 00:30   Link #68
raphaŽl
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaŽl Send a message via Skype™ to raphaŽl
OK, I just watched ep.1, and read this thread.

This is not simply cheesy, this is THE cheesiest anime I've ever seen, since maybe "a little princess". I "hated" every minute of it, but I still need to watch ep.2 before I decide to stop watching...

The colors are great, so it almost makes up for the rest.
raphaŽl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 00:48   Link #69
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Episode 3 out! Now we're finally caught up with the raws. Enjoy the new character appearance.

Old 2006-07-19, 06:12   Link #70
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
For me, Aria is the pinnacle of warm-hearted goody-goody anime in fansub form from 2005 onwards. This series pales in comparison.

I was laughing hysterically at the melodramatics of the first episode and groaning at the stupidity of the elder sister in the second.

Oh well, 8 more to go. Maybe a miracle will happen and it will reach the level of Aria.
Yeah, no question that this is at least a tier down from ARIA. But that really is an fantastic slice-of-life series. This is ok, though.

Just watched ep 2. Again, the story here is incredibly simple, even for something of this genre. I'm hoping it'll be something that will work for the series, but the key is clearly characters and given the very basic nature of the episodic series, they're very much in danger of becoming as simple (or, in other words, flat) as the stories... which could make the thing quite boring to watch in the long run. But, given my natural affinity for slice-of-life, I just couldn't help but enjoy this ep again.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 06:56   Link #71
Cal-Reflector

Maybe someone brought this up before, but why does Ein from Cowboy Bebop make a cameo appearance in the OP?
Old 2006-07-19, 09:57   Link #72
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion

Tbh, I was groaning at the stupidity of the elder sister in the first episode. Have yet to see the second but if she's up to more stupid antics I may just put it off for a while.

The cheese factor didn't bother me so much as the stupidity did.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 11:38   Link #73
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Ein was brainwashed. He would be too smart to be in this title.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-19, 20:42   Link #74
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
Still no mahjong episode?
Old 2006-07-20, 10:07   Link #75
lavielove

I really envy those little girls who could build a beautiful world of their own, out of the cruel days they living in.Finished watching episode 2 by now.Thank you doremi for subbing this and neosam for recommend me not to miss this title(under slice-of-life genre).
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 13:09   Link #76
NeoSam

Volume 3 of the seinen manga Binbou Shimai Monogatari got out on 19/7/2006

Here its cover:

Seinen manga
Serialized in: Sunday GX

I added the cover with the other covers of the manga in the first post of this thread.
Old 2006-07-22, 07:27   Link #77
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
For someone who live in a third world country (namely me), it's not that cheesy at all. There are actually some kids that are living alone(some abandoned by their parents and still manage to go to school). Some happenings in real life are even more sad than this anime.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 02:03   Link #78
USCPharmacist

Sub par is all I can say about this and I was looking forward to it too

Art is bordline Musashi Gundo level minus the coolness, and that's episode 1.

And the story was...I don't know very force and trite. Does Japan really have no child protection agency? These kids need to be in foster care or be adapted. I cannot believe they can live off of newspaper delivery alone, in Japan out of all places. I don't know, it's just too unrealistic for me, if the setting were in Vietnam or rural China or Africa, that would be ok, but Japan....naw.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 04:48   Link #79
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
And the story was...I don't know very force and trite. Does Japan really have no child protection agency? These kids need to be in foster care or be adapted. I cannot believe they can live off of newspaper delivery alone, in Japan out of all places. I don't know, it's just too unrealistic for me, if the setting were in Vietnam or rural China or Africa, that would be ok, but Japan....naw.
I wouldn't recomend trying to make some realistic sense out of any anime. But you don't have to look that far. Even in the US which suposedly have the best quality in life style and income, stil has homeless kids. They have their circumtances. Some of them ran away from home because of domestic violence, etc. Might sound a bit unrealistic for some people, but it does happen in real life even in the US right now.

Most of them doesn't have a job. They just live of scraping from other people or charity. When you are poor and you worry if you be able to eat at all today, you'll be surprised what people will do just to get some food. Those who actually try to get a job like in this anime are very commendable. Even a part time job like newpaper delivering is way better than those who ended up doing bad stuffs.

Anyway not to stray too much from the topic. This kind of show, you just need to sit down and listen to the story.
Old 2006-07-23, 13:58   Link #80
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

They should tone down the "Sakura-petal-sparkly-effect" that keeps on showing up... other than that this series is totally fine by me.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, seinen