AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-05-24, 23:41   Link #1
cheez rocks
Junior Otaku

Programs To Create Wallpapers (was: wallpapers)

Does anyone know what programs people use to make all those cool wallpapers I see? Is there one for free online? I'm kinda curious
Old 2006-05-24, 23:59   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez rocks
Does anyone know what programs people use to make all those cool wallpapers I see? Is there one for free online? I'm kinda curious
Well, to be honest, it isn't the program that makes the cool wallpapers: it's the people using the programs. But, there is a free program that you can download and use to create wallpapers. It's called GIMP:

-> http://www.gimp.org/

Most people creating wallpapers probably use Adobe PhotoShop. There are hundreds of paint brushes in an art store that anyone can buy, but only a handful of people can really use them well. Give GIMP a whirl and let us see what kind of talent you have.

Looking forward to your wallpapers. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 06:46   Link #3
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

GIMP is a fun program, but most people (including myself) use Adobe Photoshop, as Catgirls said. You can download a one month free trial on Adobe's main photoshop page if you are interested in using it.

But GIMP is free, and theres no trial bs you have to put up with. Its not as good as photoshop (hence the name "Gimp") but its leagues beyond paint.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote