AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-18, 08:11   Link #61
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Looks like I was 2 years too late to discuss this anime

I personally find that OTe is much more boring than OTw. I hate Kei veery much I can't forgive him for what he did to Koishi. And I also irritated by his whiny voice (yeah, yeah. I know he's Hoshi Soichiro...so what?! )
I also don't like Mizuho . At some point, she seemed pretty childish to me.

I didn't shed a tear at all while watching it The ending is pretty lame IMO & very predictable I definitely want to see the character that I hate to suffer Jeez! Why do the characters that I hate end up with a happy life Poor Koishi I feel sorry for her. What did she see in that 'geek' anyway?

That Kusainagi Geek should just sleep forever & never to wake up
__________________
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 09:44   Link #62
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Actually, that's what saved Kei's character in the end for me. When it came down to it, he really turned Koishi down. Completely. He made a concrete decision and went for it.

The only thing that feels overly contrived for me is the honeymoon episode where everybody all of a sudden shows up, and that stupid stunt that he and Ichigo try to pull off towards the end. Seriously, what a great plan that was!

When it comes to fanservicecy moments on the other hand, I would have to say that there are equal amounts (more or less) in both series, but they appeal to different groups of fans. You can't make a bunch of lolis display cleavage effectively, and there's no way Mizuho would go oniichan-crazy for Kei anyway.

In terms of story and drama however, I feel that Teacher has definitely more to tell than Twins. But that's just me.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 02:45   Link #63
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
he was not that annoying. he has a 'physical' 'condition' OKKKK

and dont forget he helped out the president girl in the end and didnt forget about mizuho.
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 08:54   Link #64
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
he was not that annoying. he has a 'physical' 'condition' OKKKK

and dont forget he helped out the president girl in the end and didnt forget about mizuho.
Hey, can't help it if I don't like him, ok That's why I feel annoy

Yes, he did helped out Ichigo (president girl). But for the sake of who? For Ichigo & himself, and for Koishi. But that is what they think. IMO, they just doing it for the sake of themselves without them noticing it. If they can make her happy, they'll also be happy. And they will not 'stop' anymore. Ichigo is a fool. As a 'real' friend, she should know better. She think that Koishi'll be happy with the 'fake' relationship. If I love someone & found out that that person forcing him/herself to love me, I definitely won't be happy Love is not to be force. And Kei almost kissed Koishi. Didn't he feel wrong about that? If Mizuho didn't appear at that time, Kei will kiss her for sure. And I will be like, "Arrrgh! Damn you, Kei"

But hey, all in all we did learn something from that, didn't we? Without that, there will be no drama. But that kind of stuff, I've already figured it out already That's why this show doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in Hyosuke x Kaede part
__________________
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 16:06   Link #65
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Didn't he feel wrong about that?
Yes, he did. But even so, he was willing to put up with that due to the reasons you've already mentioned. Take note that he almost got into a standstill (teitai) when he separated from Mizuho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
But hey, all in all we did learn something from that, didn't we? Without that, there will be no drama. But that kind of stuff, I've already figured it out already That's why this show doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in Hyosuke x Kaede part
But compared to what? Even prior to this Ichigo-Kei-Kosihi drama, the whole story is still tighter than whatever it is that's on Twins. And I also agree with you. Hyosuke and Kaede are great, and they're another reason why this series is better than Twins.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 19:22   Link #66
DanielSong39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Something tells me that Koishi might have been in trouble even if Mizuho hadn't shown up - Ichigo seems to make the jump to #2 on Kei's list.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 12:15   Link #67
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bah! Ichigo would've turned out to be Kei's secret sister and we would've had Please Twins Redux or something like that.

Then Ichigo would end up with Matagu or something like that.
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 08:07   Link #68
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Yes, he did. But even so, he was willing to put up with that due to the reasons you've already mentioned. Take note that he almost got into a standstill (teitai) when he separated from Mizuho.
And that's the reason why I hate Kei so much. I hate a guy who play with a girl's heart It may looked like he sacrificed his happiness for the sake of others, but IMO it's just plain stupid. Why do they want to hide Kei's & Mizuho's relationship so much? Is it because it's forbidden? Or Kei didn't trust his friends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
But compared to what? Even prior to this Ichigo-Kei-Kosihi drama, the whole story is still tighter than whatever it is that's on Twins. And I also agree with you. Hyosuke and Kaede are great, and they're another reason why this series is better than Twins.
Hey, I was just stating my own opinion here. It's a matter of personal preference, ok In addition to the reason that the main characters are not to my liking, I can figure out most of the plot & how it'll turn out to be. Like when Kei almost kissed Koishi, I knew Mizuho will show up. And I knew she will run away & Kei will run after her. Then I knew that Mizuho will cause Kei to 'standstill' & she'll do her best to save him. And in the end, it's a happy ending. It's predictable. No twist in the story. Nothing that can surprise me except the Ichigo part. But that's about it. Most of the time, I was like, "Oh, I know what will happen next". That's why Ote doesn't spark my interest.

In Otw, I try to figure out the plot. But the result is not as I expect it to be. Plus it's more fun to watch. I'm more into drama + comedy + romance. IMO, Ote is good in drama + romance only but the comedy part is poor. As much as I want to be touched by the drama, I also want to laugh. Sadly, Ote had failed me . The love-alliance of Karen & Miina in Otw may look silly but it's the cutest thing IMO. And Maiku is the responsible-type, in which I find quite interesting.

Just because the story in Ote is more dramatic & tighter, doesn't mean it's good enough for me. IMO, Narue no Sekai is better eventhough the story is not as deep as Ote, not to mention the poor character development But I personally enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Something tells me that Koishi might have been in trouble even if Mizuho hadn't shown up - Ichigo seems to make the jump to #2 on Kei's list.
I highly doubt about that. Kei wasn't even interested in her.
__________________
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:18   Link #69
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
And that's the reason why I hate Kei so much. I hate a guy who play with a girl's heart It may looked like he sacrificed his happiness for the sake of others, but IMO it's just plain stupid. Why do they want to hide Kei's & Mizuho's relationship so much? Is it because it's forbidden? Or Kei didn't trust his friends?
Yes, I already did mention that I found that part somewhat contrived and stupid. And yes, of course it's "forbidden."

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Hey, I was just stating my own opinion here. It's a matter of personal preference, ok In addition to the reason that the main characters are not to my liking, I can figure out most of the plot & how it'll turn out to be.
I simply offered my opinion. Besides, I qualified my statement when I said that certain aspects of both series go for different types of fans.

With respect to predictability, OTw was just as predictable. Who's the relative? It's either one or the other. (An easy guessing game, in my opinion.) In OTe, the main question was: will they stay together? Yes or no? (Not so easy, because it could've ended in episode 11 and it would still be a finished story.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Just because the story in Ote is more dramatic & tighter, doesn't mean it's good enough for me. IMO, Narue no Sekai is better eventhough the story is not as deep as Ote, not to mention the poor character development But I personally enjoyed it.
So you say that OTe is more dramatic and tighter but still prefer more comedy in your romances, huh? I understand. As for me, I'm usually the reverse of that. My main gripe with OTw, is the fact that it felt 80% filler and 20% story. Just watch the first two episodes and the last two, and that's it. Some of the little bits of pieces in the middle are okay, but the end result is still the same for the most part. The series could've used the themes of family and togetherness more in the same way OTe used the themes of marriage and "growing up", but in my opinion OTw got too mixed up with comedy.

Forbin mentioned Matagu, which brings me to another point. Just what the hell happened to him? Too much UFOs?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:35   Link #70
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
My main gripe with OTw, is the fact that it felt 80% filler and 20% story. Just watch the first two episodes and the last two, and that's it.
Really? I felt the same way about OTe, the whole plot basically revolves around the first couple of episodes and the last couple of episodes.
*********************************
For the record, I prefer OTw slightly to OTe, but not for any plot related reason (it always amuses me when someone says one is more serious than the other, I found them both to be about the same: slightly serious later on, mostly funny at the beginning). However, I don't find OTw to be vastly funnier than OTe. As a matter of fact, OTe in the middle parts (when Mizuho's mom and sister show up) is a very funny show.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:49   Link #71
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Serious? No. I doubt anyone took the aliens and the main premise that seriously. (But ironically, I did find OTe to be more serious in some areas. OTw needed the comedy to keep the incest angle light-hearted, whereas Kei was already eighteen years old. Nice twist, huh?)

When it comes to which one was more dramatic or a better story, it depends on who you ask.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-06-22 at 23:06.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 06:26   Link #72
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Yes, I already did mention that I found that part somewhat contrived and stupid. And yes, of course it's "forbidden."
Well, I do understand about the forbidden 'teacher-student' relationship. But in the end, the secret of Kei & Mizuho relationship got exposed. So much for secrecy. Kei should have face expulsion & Mizuho should have lost her job. But they're still hanging at school in OTw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
Forbin mentioned Matagu, which brings me to another point. Just what the hell happened to him? Too much UFOs?
Probably got frustrated because he still can't get a girlfriend He's more annoying in Otw
__________________
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 06:38   Link #73
Potatochobit
Certified Organic
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
they did not get expelled because they had told a fib saying they were already married before entering the school, which does not constitute an inappropriate realtionship, just bad behavior in the school gym at night


does anyone have any news on the please friends? are they making a tv show or is it just goods and such?
__________________
*Retired*
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 08:57   Link #74
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
does anyone have any news on the please friends? are they making a tv show or is it just goods and such?
I think it's just goods ... I was looking for information about it a few months ago and found nothing on it.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 16:27   Link #75
oreo_boi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: houston texas
Thumbs up

I have Onegai Teacher and i love it!!!! but yeah it was a really good anime...at least thats what i thought...
oreo_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 17:39   Link #76
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Onegai Teacher/Twins ages

Okay, after much work Im pretty sure I got all the ages for the cast of Onegai. Look, I know the ages might of been mentioned in the animes but I can't recall. I'll list what I have.

Onegai Teacher
Kei Kusanagi - 18 (looks 15)
Koishi Herikawa - 15
Kaede Misumi - 15
Ichigo Morino - 21 (Looks 15)
Hyousuke Magumo - 15
Matagu Shido - 15
Mizuho Kazami - 23
Hatsuho Kazami - 48
The ones Im missing here are Konoha Edajima, Minoru Edajima, Kozue Kusanagi, Maho Kazami and Masami Yamada.

Onegai Twins
Maiku Kamishiro - 16
Karen Onodera - 16
Miina Miyafuji - 16
Tsubaki Oribe - 17
Kousei Shimazaki - 16
Yuuka Yashiro - 16
Haruko Shido - 16
Akina Sagawa - 16
Futaba Mashita - 16
All of the 'Teacher' cast age 2 years

Can anyone tell me the ages of who I have missing? Or make any corrections? Im very sorry if there was a thread like this before. Thank you all!

P.S. Do Maho and Mizuho have the same father?
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 18:17   Link #77
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
So why don't you put this on the Onegai thread?
__________________
My Favorite Anime Quotes Courtesy of Answerman of ANN:

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 19:23   Link #78
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
So why don't you put this on the Onegai thread?
I know, I already got a warning... sorry
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-06, 19:25   Link #79
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
I think it's just goods ... I was looking for information about it a few months ago and found nothing on it.
Onegai Friends is a Drama CD, it takes place a year after Onegai twins. I heard a rumor about the two main girls Futaba and Akina are a couple in this one, but it might just be a rumor sence there is a guy on the cover. Though I think they look cute together.
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 08:10   Link #80
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post

Onegai Teacher
Kei Kusanagi - 18 (looks 15)
Koishi Herikawa - 15
Kaede Misumi - 15
Ichigo Morino - 21 (Looks 15)
Hyousuke Magumo - 15
Matagu Shido - 15
Mizuho Kazami - 23
Hatsuho Kazami - 48
The ones Im missing here are Konoha Edajima, Minoru Edajima, Kozue Kusanagi, Maho Kazami and Masami Yamada.
Hmm...exactly what I have in my mind except for Mizuho & her mother. For me, Mizuho is like 25 (ah, what the heck! It's close enough ) & her mother is 40(?)

I think that Kei's uncle is in his 50s & his wife is like around 40. Kei's sister is maybe 16/17. Maho is 'probably' 10 y.o. & Yamada-sensei is like 35 more or less.

Anyway, I have no problem with 'older man x younger girl' relationship. But 'older woman x younger boy' type of relationship is freaky for me . That's one of the reasons why I'm bias against OTe & like Otw better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
P.S. Do Maho and Mizuho have the same father?
Erm...I think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
Onegai Friends is a Drama CD, it takes place a year after Onegai twins. I heard a rumor about the two main girls Futaba and Akina are a couple in this one, but it might just be a rumor sence there is a guy on the cover. Though I think they look cute together.
I really wish they'll make an anime out of it (though I'm not interested much in girl x girl). It seems that the Onegai series is all about forbidden love relationship. I wonder what will come up next. (so far, I've haven't heard of any planning for the next onegai series)
__________________
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.