AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-08, 05:41   Link #1281
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 20
Yeah, not the a capella part, I know that, but about how he EXPLAINED what a capella was. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 08:54   Link #1282
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Khu was responding to ultimatemegax's wordy definition for the term, you know.
Don't be too hard on him. I was about to post something similar before I read it again and realized that Khu was talking about the wordy definition. ^_^

Still no excuse for the original questioner, as it's much easier to just Google "a capella" (the Wikipedia page is the first result) than it is to post a question and have to wait for an answer while pretty much the entire rest of the forum is either frozen in astonishment that she doesn't understand such a simple term or Googling "a capella"... ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 12:48   Link #1283
Animexcel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
It would be so awesome if the movie's theme song was like this
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:11   Link #1284
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Why is AnimeLyrics so slow? Thelastcharacter songs came out around 2 months ago, and only 1 of 6 have been translated, whereas Koizumi's songs lyricswere put out, like, 3 days after release? Hm. Well.
Still glad we got Koizumi's as fast as we did ^_^.
Random: Wasn't Sweet Oblivion's lyrics made by the original author of Haruhi? Does anyone have those lyrics?
Prolly not..
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:31   Link #1285
AsterSelene
aka Fuzzle-san
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to AsterSelene Send a message via MSN to AsterSelene Send a message via Yahoo to AsterSelene Send a message via Skype™ to AsterSelene
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Why is AnimeLyrics so slow? Thelastcharacter songs came out around 2 months ago, and only 1 of 6 have been translated, whereas Koizumi's songs lyricswere put out, like, 3 days after release? Hm. Well.
Still glad we got Koizumi's as fast as we did ^_^.
Random: Wasn't Sweet Oblivion's lyrics made by the original author of Haruhi? Does anyone have those lyrics?
Prolly not..
Half the Lucky Star songs haven't been translated. As well as K-On!.

If Tanigawa wrote Sweet Oblivion's lyrics I'll cry.
__________________
O-Haruhi-sama, we devote ourselves to your magnitude and wonderfulness and whatever else you want us to say.
AsterSelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:37   Link #1286
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Half the Lucky Star songs haven't been translated. As well as K-On!.

If Tanigawa wrote Sweet Oblivion's lyrics I'll cry.
Please prepare your tissues. The original lyrics were written by Tanigawa, but finished into a song by the usual lyricist for the series: Hata-san

Edit for some news:
The website mkara is offering a campaign to give away ten-twenty sets of figures. Well, the reason I'm putting it in this thread is that somehow they are offering downloads of 26 karaoke versions of songs from the series. I'm not quite sure if all of the songs on the Kioku CD have karaokes, but they and God knows...., Lost my music, and Koi no Mikuru Densetsu will be getting a karaoke version. Would be nice to hear the karaoke versions someday.

vvv I'm sorry, but not it is not. It's the OPs, EDs, insert songs, all 4 Haruhi character songs, all Yuki's except SELECT, Mikuru's Revenge, Koizumi's Maggare and Tsumara nai Hanashi desu yo", Kyon's Kentai Life, Haruhi-chan OP and ED, Welcome Unknown, Saikou Pare Parade, and 4 other Haruhi-Mikuru-Yuki songs.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-08 at 18:51.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 18:45   Link #1287
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Instead of ones with the background vocalists still in there...
Is First Good-Bye getting one?
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:24   Link #1288
AsterSelene
aka Fuzzle-san
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to AsterSelene Send a message via MSN to AsterSelene Send a message via Yahoo to AsterSelene Send a message via Skype™ to AsterSelene
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Why is AnimeLyrics so slow? Thelastcharacter songs came out around 2 months ago, and only 1 of 6 have been translated, whereas Koizumi's songs lyricswere put out, like, 3 days after release? Hm. Well.
Still glad we got Koizumi's as fast as we did ^_^.
Random: Wasn't Sweet Oblivion's lyrics made by the original author of Haruhi? Does anyone have those lyrics?
Prolly not..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Please prepare your tissues. The original lyrics were written by Tanigawa, but finished into a song by the usual lyricist for the series: Hata-san

Edit for some news:
The website mkara is offering a campaign to give away ten-twenty sets of figures. Well, the reason I'm putting it in this thread is that somehow they are offering downloads of 26 karaoke versions of songs from the series. I'm not quite sure if all of the songs on the Kioku CD have karaokes, but they and God knows...., Lost my music, and Koi no Mikuru Densetsu will be getting a karaoke version. Would be nice to hear the karaoke versions someday.

vvv I'm sorry, but not it is not. It's the OPs, EDs, insert songs, all 4 Haruhi character songs, all Yuki's except SELECT, Mikuru's Revenge, Koizumi's Maggare and Tsumara nai Hanashi desu yo", Kyon's Kentai Life, Haruhi-chan OP and ED, Welcome Unknown, Saikou Pare Parade, and 4 other Haruhi-Mikuru-Yuki songs.
But some of them already have karaoke versions, which kinda make it a waste.

And I am about to cry. Someone translate the lyrics please.
__________________
O-Haruhi-sama, we devote ourselves to your magnitude and wonderfulness and whatever else you want us to say.
AsterSelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 19:30   Link #1289
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
But some of them already have karaoke versions, which kinda make it a waste.

And I am about to cry. Someone translate the lyrics please.
One of the posts in the 20+ 2 chan threads I reviewed this weekend (We're currently on thread 23 for the movie alone which doesn't include box office threads and the normal SOS brigade threads) had an approximation of the song. I will do my best to find it, but I cannot guarantee success. Likely the lyrics will be posted closer to the end of this month when it is released.

I originally saw the list of songs and said "oh those already have karaoke versions, what a waste" but I then realized that there were about 7-8 that didn't. I love the arrangement of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu, so it'd be worth it for me.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 20:07   Link #1290
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Yes I'm double posting so I could edit this post and make sure everything lines up correctly. From Toolog.net

Kanji
Spoiler:


Romaji: (sorry for non capitalization, the translator does that for me without my consent)
Spoiler:


Translation Warning: I have not studied Japanese formally. I used Rikaichan and a couple of translators to help me translate this. It is not a formal translation. I may have screwed something up, but this is the best that I can do at this moment.
Spoiler:


And to pre-answer a question, yes I did tear up while translating this. Curse you Tanigawa!
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-08 at 20:31. Reason: Correcting a break in the first stanza
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 20:14   Link #1291
AsterSelene
aka Fuzzle-san
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 22
Send a message via AIM to AsterSelene Send a message via MSN to AsterSelene Send a message via Yahoo to AsterSelene Send a message via Skype™ to AsterSelene
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Yes I'm double posting so I could edit this post and make sure everything lines up correctly. From Toolog.net

Kanji
Spoiler:


Romaji: (sorry for non capitalization, the translator does that for me without my consent)
Spoiler:


Translation Warning: I have not studied Japanese formally. I used Rikaichan and a couple of translators to help me translate this. It is not a formal translation. I may have screwed something up, but this is the best that I can do at this moment.
Spoiler:


And to pre-answer a question, yes I did tear up while translating this. Curse you Tanigawa!
That's...so...sad...

And yes, I curse him with you.

I always thought several of those songs needed karaoke, too.
__________________
O-Haruhi-sama, we devote ourselves to your magnitude and wonderfulness and whatever else you want us to say.
AsterSelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 21:52   Link #1292
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Which songs will have karaoke now?
I'm kind of an idiot..sorry
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 22:02   Link #1293
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Which songs will have karaoke now?
I'm kind of an idiot..sorry
Here are the songs that will have their karaoke released during the promotion in Japan:
Spoiler:
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-08, 22:39   Link #1294
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Don't most of those have karaoke?
Love all those songs by the way...Pretty sure I love most, if not all Haruhi songs.
Didn't like Sweet Oblivion as much as the others, though, but still very pretty.
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 06:27   Link #1295
Vegard Aune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the middle of nowhere
...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.
__________________
Thinking of stuff to put in a signature is hard...

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2010-02-09 at 11:39. Reason: Ok quigonkenny, if you say so...
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 07:30   Link #1296
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunny Singapore
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.
Spoiler for Sweet Oblivion:
I actually relied on this while listening to Sweet Oblivion for the first time, which made me tear up. Kudos to both you and ultimatemegax for translating the lyrics. I've been after the romanji lyrics for a while now though.

Tanigawa loves Yuki. I bet he enjoyed writing the lyrics for this song.
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:08   Link #1297
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.
~snip~
Might want to change that to a link to your old post. Otherwise the mods might consider it crossposting or spamming, and that's against the forum rules. Liked the translation, though. ^_^
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 08:50   Link #1298
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.
Spoiler for Sweet Oblivion:
I apologize for not searching through the thread and finding your translation. Yours has a more casual style to it than my (almost literal) translation, and I like it just as much if not better than my own. Thank you for sharing it with us again and for your hard work in creating it.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 08:33   Link #1299
darksassin
Is this dangerous??
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown Void, M'sia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Yes I'm double posting so I could edit this post and make sure everything lines up correctly. From Toolog.net

Kanji
Spoiler:


Romaji: (sorry for non capitalization, the translator does that for me without my consent)
Spoiler:


Translation Warning: I have not studied Japanese formally. I used Rikaichan and a couple of translators to help me translate this. It is not a formal translation. I may have screwed something up, but this is the best that I can do at this moment.
Spoiler:


And to pre-answer a question, yes I did tear up while translating this. Curse you Tanigawa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
That's...so...sad...

And yes, I curse him with you.

I always thought several of those songs needed karaoke, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I actually relied on this while listening to Sweet Oblivion for the first time, which made me tear up. Kudos to both you and ultimatemegax for translating the lyrics. I've been after the romanji lyrics for a while now though.

Tanigawa loves Yuki. I bet he enjoyed writing the lyrics for this song.
I actually cried when i heard this song with the lyrics, and I rarely cries.Part of me wanted to curse tanigawa but still, he is the reason we love this series in the first place. so kudos for him because he actually makes me cry....
__________________
darksassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 16:12   Link #1300
AmyElizzabeth
Moo
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I didn't cry...I didn't see any reason to. I mean, It's a pretty song with good lyrics, bu I never get emotional
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.