AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-15, 23:03   Link #2121
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
I'm just happy I'll get to be able to play Vesperia when I thought I'd never be able to.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 23:55   Link #2122
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Nosauz @ This has been around since the the beginning of the video game industry - you need to get over it. Majority of games get these "exclusive content" when moved to another console all the time.

Just ignore it - just talking about what he thinks is right & wrong, I'm not sure sure if Vesperia's PS3 EC(exclusive content) will be coming to the 360 at all, take Eternal Sonata for example.
It's been less aggravating then of late, really, microsofts stupid time exclusives just makes gaming in general such a pain for people who don't understand it. Seriously, I remember my Grandma picking me up Tales and having me facepalm the entire way to the gamestop to go return since I couldn't play it cuz dur I have a ps3. The point is it servers ZERO benefit to the consumer and the developer and only the console maker profits.
Keroko said that it creates incentive for those that had to wait to buy it, but you know what it disenfranchises those that already payed for it. It's like you getting a free meal when I just get entree, but the reason you get this benefit is solely based on the profits made from my sale. I'm just saying when new games don't devalue even after time, and the fact that new copies of say resistance were going for retail until resistance 2 was release just shows you that if they didn't add the exclusive content, released at the same price people would buy it. My point isn't that its unfair for exclusive content, but that the way the platform wars are fought are really unfair to US the gamers and those that make the games. Don't even get me started about orange box, that's just a title should have been just a damn exclusive due to the lack of support, glad I got the pc version for the cheap eh.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 03:04   Link #2123
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDG View Post
PS3 has a great advantage in japan caompared with 360.
Toro-Station
so many funny news are on air
And,US ver PS3 needs this kind of free contents.
Seriously.

The PS3 in Japan might as well be a different machine offering different services once you compare the Japanese PSN to the versions that the rest of the world has.

Just take a look at the Japanese PSN store for instance. Xenogears? FFVII? A lot of PS classics are being sold there.

Differences between gaming audiences and all that, I know... but considering some of those games have been localized for this side of the world already, it's unfortunate that such a regional gap exists.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 03:55   Link #2124
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Keroko said that it creates incentive for those that had to wait to buy it, but you know what it disenfranchises those that already payed for it. It's like you getting a free meal when I just get entree, but the reason you get this benefit is solely based on the profits made from my sale. I'm just saying when new games don't devalue even after time, and the fact that new copies of say resistance were going for retail until resistance 2 was release just shows you that if they didn't add the exclusive content, released at the same price people would buy it.
I have no doubt that if games are released at the same time, people would buy the one for the console they liked the most. However, the point here is that Vesperia wasn't released at the same time. You use the logic that it's unfair towards the 360 players, but what if they did release a one-on-one port? Wouldn't that be unfair to the PS3 players?

Whether or not you don't like timed-exclusives is irrelevant here. Fact is, the PS3 version was delayed because of this. How are you going to make up to your PS3 players, if not with exclusive content?

You see it as unfair, I see the exclusive content as a service. A reward for PS3 players for waiting so long.

It should also be noted that in cases like this, where a game-port is released long after the initial release, gaming magazines will actually penalize a game if it doesn't have exclusive content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Seriously.

The PS3 in Japan might as well be a different machine offering different services once you compare the Japanese PSN to the versions that the rest of the world has.

Just take a look at the Japanese PSN store for instance. Xenogears? FFVII? A lot of PS classics are being sold there.

Differences between gaming audiences and all that, I know... but considering some of those games have been localized for this side of the world already, it's unfortunate that such a regional gap exists.
You think the US store is bad? Try the European one. I made a US account just to be able to have a decent store.

I want my Legend of the Dragoon download. ;_;
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:05   Link #2125
TubZzz
Senior Member
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Melbourne
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to TubZzz
the Australian store is worse than the European one... i think the reason the Japan store got FFVII now is because the original game for the PS was released there first... i'm sure we'll see FFVII in the US store soon

Last edited by TubZzz; 2009-04-16 at 06:07. Reason: typo
TubZzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:11   Link #2126
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Doesn't Australia have it the worst as a gaming region in general?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:33   Link #2127
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
you really don't get it..., the 360 fans get shafted and really I could give a rats ass what console you have, my idea is that the gamer comes first and to say that these exclusives are unfair to those who purchased the game earlier, no matter how you look at it the gamer suffers... thats it, there is no arguement about it.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:41   Link #2128
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, it so happens that gaming content hasn't reached the "Youtube" stage, where gamers can generate their own content. Until that day comes, some companies will choose to treat their customers as suckers. Apart from not buying their games, your course of action is pretty limited.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:41   Link #2129
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Oh, I get it. What I don't understand is how you apparently have far less problems with gamers having to wait a full year, and treat that more as an 'oh well, too bad for you' incident. The gamer comes first. PS3 gamers had to wait a full year before being able to play the game, and so get a little extra as a reward for their long wait.

You got to play it first, they get a little bit extra. Both of you have had your own perks. What is the problem with that?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:45   Link #2130
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
I think the two of you are technically both right about it being fair/unfair. The new content does feel like a reward, but it's also there to tie into the upcoming movie. Xbox360 owners who bought the game got to play it at least a year before ps3 users, but will miss out on the movie tie ins having an incomplete Vesperia experience. Although I think they'll probably release that extra stuff as dlc on Xboxlive, but they'll have to pay for it. As a gamer I guess it makes you hesitant to buy a game when you can't tell which console will give you more for money.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:47   Link #2131
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, for PC gamers, console-only games are already a pain to deal with. I'm actually kicking myself over the urge to get a PS2 just to play Sengoku Basara when I can play Samurai Warriors 2 on my PC.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:48   Link #2132
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
It's a traditional choice between time and patience.

Will you wait for the port with juicy extras? Or do you want to play it as soon as possible?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:50   Link #2133
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's a traditional choice between time and patience.

Will you wait for the port with juicy extras? Or do you want to play it as soon as possible?
EXCEPT as the consumer the only way I can choose is by dropping 500 dollars on a console... and even then if I already payed for a console I HAVE NO choice. Don't imply false choice as choice because it isn't.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:51   Link #2134
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Well, I MIGHT consider having both the 360 and PS3 once I start bringing home my bacon. Now, to find those 2 HDTVs, and time to play the stuff...

@ Nosauz: Yes, to have any real choice, the consumer must have both consoles in question.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 06:59   Link #2135
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
Well I chose ps3 for it's multimedia capabilities in addition to the fact that most anime related games come out on playstation consoles. I figured if there was ever a new Ghost.in.the.Shell game, it would come out for Sony. Also the exclusives ps3 does/will have, MGS4, Killzone2, Shadow of the Colossus2, are games I really wanted to play. So I have to hope games like Vesperia, Ninja Gaiden2, Dead.or.Alive, come out for ps3. Still waiting on a Dead.or.Alive game lol.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:11   Link #2136
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
When the game is exclusive on 360, PS3 owners scream "unfair". And now when it come to the PS3, the 360 owners repeat what the other side used to scream.

I don't see any unfair in this.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:16   Link #2137
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Duo Maxwell... No when a game exclusive goes to a console you don't own thats not unfair, thats a design choice that the developer chooses, time exclusive on the other hand IS unfair, don't mix the two, or else we could bitch that mario isn't on 360 or ps3, or that sonic was only on the genesis, if barrier to entrance to both consoles wasn't so high I would be fine, but man does it drive me nuts. Any way nice attempt to strawman timed exclusives and first party developers.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:19   Link #2138
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
It's Nintendo secretly pitting us all against each other so we say, "Forget it! I'm gonna go buy WiiFit and pretend to exercise!"


But no cerealy, I want a Dead.or.Alive, game bad.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:20   Link #2139
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
When the game is exclusive on 360, PS3 owners scream "unfair". And now when it come to the PS3, the 360 owners repeat what the other side used to scream.

I don't see any unfair in this.
It's always agony when one side suddenly realizes what the pain of the other side feels like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
EXCEPT as the consumer the only way I can choose is by dropping 500 dollars on a console... and even then if I already payed for a console I HAVE NO choice. Don't imply false choice as choice because it isn't.
If you don't have the other half of the console war, then there really is nothing to complain is there? A console is a one time purchase for a whole legion of games, choosing only one means accepting the risk of neglecting any exclusives the other might get, it's a risk that exists far beyond the gaming industry. You have already made your choice. You chose fast play over extra content.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 07:26   Link #2140
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
No your a moron because I chose the wait, but when I purchased the console I didn't know, again I'm a gamer not a fanboy, and when the developer screws over the legion of fans they've made is pretty fucking low. I just think its an unfair decision that the CONSUMER does not get a chance to choose.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
console, ps3, sony

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.