AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-17, 21:19   Link #2881
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Um, you heard of Valkyria Chronicles, right?
i heard the sequel is a piece of crap.

but i did forget about it.
Old 2010-02-17, 23:40   Link #2882
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i heard the sequel is a piece of crap.
You should try it out, because it's not.
Old 2010-03-01, 01:01   Link #2883
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

im so frustrated the fact that I cant play any games (online and offline)on my fat ps3 because psn is down
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 02:02   Link #2884
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
If we are talking JRPG's nope nothing, though that holds true for all the other platforms as well, unless you count in remakes.

Though Lost Odyssey had some awesome short stories, but that wouldn't be fair to use that as a comparison since the main story had been standard fair(though imo the whole immortal thing was interesting at first, but it just devolves later on). Wondering if those short stories ever came out in book form. :O
Didn't X360 have Last Remnant? I know I played it on PC and it more or less was everything FFXII should have been, and was like ten times better in every way (though that's not saying much I know, cuz FFXII was garbage but...the whole political plot with artifacts of doom involved and all...it's the closest comparison). The battle system IMO was actually pretty innovative, aside from the fact that the absolute randomness of the computer could screw you over (then again, spamming remnant arts over and over would also be pretty borked). Game was actually not that bad. Not better than X or VII, but I'd pretty much say better than any of the other post-VIIs.

So yeah, it's about time PS3 gets at least part of its flagship (FFXIII)...wonder when FFXIII vs. is coming out.
Old 2010-03-01, 02:08   Link #2885
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
im so frustrated the fact that I cant play any games (online and offline)on my fat ps3 because psn is down
You're not the only one. Many people have this problem, same for me. Had my 60GB for a long time and this is my first problem. I was planning on playing Grandia 1 today and I couldn't even play that. Hope its fixed soon.
Old 2010-03-01, 04:21   Link #2886
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
My 80GB "fat" PS3 is surprisingly not affected by this whole thing. It still has the right date and I can still play games fairly well.
Old 2010-03-01, 04:39   Link #2887
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Hey guys and gals, I just ordered my PS3 online cuz all the stores in my area are sold out, I am getting it mainly cuz FF 13 is coming out on the 9th. I am looking for some skins for my new PS3 and just wanted to get your opinions on wich I should get. Here are some of them. I have to use links cuz I'm at work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skins-Cover-Stic...item2a01c3218e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-XI...item414d4a1390

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assassins-Creed-...item4a9ee01f8c

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vehicle-Race-2-D...item439d06d6b5

Those are it for now. If anyone knows of a better site where I can find better stuff please let me know. Thanks.
Old 2010-03-01, 08:11   Link #2888
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Only a certain range of models of the fat PS3s are affected.

It's to do with a leap year bug (the error occured at midnight today after all), and the OS and hardware are conflicting or something. Any trophy related games cannot be played, so that should mean games like MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles should be unaffected.

It's best to just wait it out until Sony tells us what the deal is. People have already gone to lengths to fix their systems by opening it up and refitting the clock battery (it's the same idea to how you sometimes have a need to clear the CMOS of your PC motherboard). Supposedly that fixes the bug, but I'd rather wait for an official firmware update.
Old 2010-03-01, 08:42   Link #2889
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
This is going to suck since I own a old 2008 80 GB model and I'm pretty sure it will have that nasty bug when I turn it on. Anyways, I haven't been using it lately except to play DVDs, so I have to check on it...

However, I'm not running the latest firmware, if that matters.
Old 2010-03-01, 13:05   Link #2890
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

My 60 gig model is affected too, I sure hate my life.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/0...ldwide-outage/
Old 2010-03-01, 13:54   Link #2891
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Here's some sites to keep us up to date.

http://twitter.com/SonyPlaystation

http://blog.us.playstation.com/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...etwork-status/

And a speculation on a users behalf of what the deal is:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=53710360
Old 2010-03-01, 14:02   Link #2892
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

At least now I finally have a good reason to quit Demon's Souls heh. I hate that game but was forcing myself to play it because I refuse to let it win. Had a bad feeling yesterday when the game wasn't able to update trophy data or connect to PSN while somehow the internet browser still worked.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 14:09   Link #2893
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Yea, the internal clock runs at GMT no matter where in the world you are, so some users in the west might have experienced the bug 'yesterday' already. But everyone in the east had a rather rude awakening when they turned on their PS3s in the morning.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=388872

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/01/so...ock-bug-fixed/

Some more links for user comments/general reading while having nothing to do in the evening without a PS3. >_<

I'm going to have to post that gif in the 'A Laugh a Day' thread though, haha.
Old 2010-03-01, 14:56   Link #2894
klowny
OH NO

My PS3 is also affected (mine is the launch version), oh why did i have to connect to the internet
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 15:04   Link #2895
Woopzilla
Desensitized

It's unrelated to connecting, it's a fault with the internal clock itself. People who've not been online at all with their PS3 have reported the same error. Sadly, there are no exceptions to it.
All units of a certain model will be crippled. :/

But it's best to not use the PS3 in any way for now so that it doesn't alter any files with messed up dates and corrupting them. :S
Old 2010-03-01, 15:05   Link #2896
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Yep, and according to some techs, if it really is the two clocks interfering with each other, there is no software update possible to fix it and the only way to do so is to remove it entirey, meaning a mass recall may be in order
Old 2010-03-01, 15:10   Link #2897
Woopzilla
Desensitized

You can always do the 'battery removal' fix that people have been doing. The thing is that all these models are so old by now that their warranties have expired anyway... so voiding it by opening it up won't be much of a dilemma.

A recall would suck badly... You'd have to wait months. Millions of users all wanting to be the first in line? Damn. :/
Old 2010-03-01, 15:16   Link #2898
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oh Woe is me there's 3 games coming out for the PS3 this month, but my only controller is starting to have problems not being stuck to moving to the left of the screen. I try to fight against it but the controller just forces me back into place....

When I managed to get to the play game option then I get an error message saying my trophies aren't connecting or something and it quits game.....

I hope this is only happening because of a bug going on with the playstation 3 systems and it's not cause of my controller cuz if it was that means I gotta buy a new controller ugh....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 15:24   Link #2899
Xellos-_^
Married

just out of curiosity what happens if the harddrive in the ps3 fails? i don't have a ps3 yet but have been thinking of buying one but one issue that have stay off my purchase even more then the price tags is harddrive failures. if the ps3 hd fails can you replace that yourselves or do you have to sent it to sony to get it fix?
Old 2010-03-01, 15:29   Link #2900
Woopzilla
Desensitized

You can replace the harddrive yourself without voiding warranties. There's no worries there.

You can even purchase your own bigger capacity HDD and replace the stock one. It has to be of a specific size and specification though, they aren't hard to meet though.

There's also a backup utility for all the data you may want to transfer like saved games and other media like videos and music.

Tags
console, ps3, sony