AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 18:26   Link #3021
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

SNK is releasing classic NeoGeo games on the PSN later this month.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...on-PS3-and-PSP

I'm pleased with this. Even though its $9 for one game. Its playable online and hopefully the netcode is good since its suppose to be like playing in a arcade. Being a huge fan for Samurai Shodown, I'll buy it first regardless. Hopefully Samurai Shodown 2 will be available in the near future if many people download Samurai Shodown 1. Playing some of these new fighting games make me miss the older ones.
Old 2010-12-08, 19:31   Link #3022
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
...can you use two move controllers, instead of DS3 or navigation controller?
judging by this pic, I guess you can:

but it seems that it depends on the game.
Old 2010-12-09, 03:26   Link #3023
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
SNK is releasing classic NeoGeo games on the PSN later this month.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...on-PS3-and-PSP
Now this are good news! The multiplayer aspect is kinda a must with those, but I was still happy to hear that. I'm definitely looking forward to Bust-a-move aside from the fighting and shooting games (just hoping)

Anyone got an idea which not-localized games could be meant for making it finally?

Only thing bugging me now that it'll take an eternity again until they reach the german store D: But at least these games will xD Not like Resident Evil or some other PSX titles.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:48   Link #3024
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Only thing bugging me now that it'll take an eternity again until they reach the german store D: But at least these games will xD Not like Resident Evil or some other PSX titles.
What? i don't understand, i thought germany was pass the whole censoring and putting stuff on the index thing.
Exar Neogeo pad (ps3/usb) is out as well. It has a mini joystick (not analogue), perfect for neogeo titles and fighting games. It is probably the next best thing since the saturn usb pad, and considering that the saturn pad is now hard to get, it is probably a good alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
judging by this pic, I guess you can:

but it seems that it depends on the game.
Hmm, thing is the navigation controller seems useless and expensive compared to an additional move controller. And if i had two moves at least i can play some multiplayer games at home. I wish sony's homepages where a bit more informative about control option for ps3 titles. Got my eye sighted on Time Crisis: Razing Storm, and see how it compares to Time crisis 4's IR/wii-like gun.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:58   Link #3025
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
For games like Resident Evil 5, as well as Dead Space Extraction and Killzone 3 (which are planned to utilize PS Move as an optional alternative to the traditional controller), you'd definitely need a Navigation controller. Or maybe just use your normal controller; some people say you can hold the old controller in your left hand while using the move controller in your right. If course, a navigation controller is probably more convenient for that.
Old 2010-12-09, 04:00   Link #3026
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
For games like Resident Evil 5, as well as Dead Space Extraction and Killzone 3 (which are planned to utilize PS Move as an optional alternative to the traditional controller), you'd definitely need a Navigation controller.
No you don't, you can use the DS3+move combo.

Sorry dude didn't read through you post, as Ryonea noticed ^^

Last edited by Sides; 2010-12-09 at 04:53.
Old 2010-12-09, 04:42   Link #3027
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
No you don't, you can use the DS3+move combo.
^ Shinji103 definitely meant that too, hence the "or maybe just use normal controller..."

I think a move controller couldn't replace the nav. controller / ds3 since it doesn't have the analog stick and d-pad, but who knows.
Old 2010-12-09, 04:42   Link #3028
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra Send a message via Skype™ to zebra
Quote:
What? i don't understand, i thought germany was pass the whole censoring and putting stuff on the index thing.
Exar Neogeo pad (ps3/usb) is out as well. It has a mini joystick (not analogue), perfect for neogeo titles and fighting games. It is probably the next best thing since the saturn usb pad, and considering that the saturn pad is now hard to get, it is probably a good alternative.
Pfft as if. Index and censoring is still on like always

The pad looks pretty neat - as in practical. First thing coming to mind was Street Fighter, though
Old 2010-12-14, 05:32   Link #3029
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception trailer out!

I squeeled when I saw Draky featured in the PS shop.
I have high hopes for this~
Old 2010-12-14, 07:15   Link #3030
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
What!? Don't tell me there's no thread of Uncharted 3 yet. :O
Old 2010-12-14, 08:54   Link #3031
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Search said no, so I decided to post here first. The sequel was confirmed a while ago after all.
Old 2010-12-14, 09:38   Link #3032
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Thats what I was thinking as well. Either way, so excited for this. I still regularly play the first 2 games and the second one's multiplayer.
Old 2010-12-14, 14:58   Link #3033
Sides

Tales of xillia, next tales of title

PS3's first original Tales of title gets a name, according to tales union.
What does it mean for oversea fans? Unlike the PS3 ports, this one is an original, and history backs me saying that, an original 3D tales game on a Sony consoles has higher chances getting an overseas release, than other consoles. Unlike TOV and TOG, where allegedly money exchanged hands, between console manufacturers and publisher, this looks like a Bamco funded project, so i would say i looks for us oversea fans.
But then again, i'm not too sure where "tales union" get their infos from...

just noticed that the news was posted in november, so i really doubt that the title will be used, however we will get information tomorrow about the PS3 game.
Tales of 15th anniversary countdown
Tales Channel
I'm at college tomorrow, so someone else will have to make a Tales of X (PS3) thread ^^

Last edited by Sides; 2010-12-14 at 16:17.
Old 2010-12-14, 15:03   Link #3034
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
PS3's first original Tales of title gets a name, according to tales union.
What does it mean for oversea fans? Unlike the PS3 ports, this one is an original, and history backs me saying that, an original 3D tales game on a Sony consoles has higher chances getting an overseas release, than other consoles. Unlike TOV and TOG, where allegedly money exchanged hands, between console manufacturers and publisher, this looks like a Bamco funded project, so i would say i looks for us oversea fans.
But then again, i'm not too sure where "tales union" get their infos from...
Fantastic news. We could do with a thread for this, and i believe you'll be best off creating one.
Old 2010-12-16, 13:19   Link #3035
Sides

Anyone know if you can swap buttons, like swapping O and X for confirmation and cancel?

My impression of ps move, it is too precise/anal for gaming. If you played with a wii before and think it is the same, but better, well it is not. It is completely different and you get a different feeling of it. Anyone saying it is a copy or the same, are either ignorant or haven't actually played with both of them. And if you like lightgun games, keep your gcon 3. At the moment only Time Crisis Razing Storm is out, which works with both gcon 3 and move. The gcon3 is more accurate and less annoying, it might just be a developer problem, because arcade uses IR technology, like gcon 3 and wii, and they are probably more familiar with it.
Other problem is the camera, which requires good room lighting. Technology wise is way ahead of the wii remote and merges it with a cheap kinect technology (or eyetoy). We will see what the future brings us, but at the moment it is just a really expensive gimmick. If you want a motion controller console get a wii or 360 kinect.

Last edited by Sides; 2010-12-19 at 16:03.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:30   Link #3036
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

PS3 has been fully hacked by fail0verflow

http://playstation.about.com/od/feat...ystation-3.htm
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:58   Link #3037
Sides

Well actually it is both PSP(go) and PS3, since the PS3 contains the signing key for PSP software as well, see psp minis. Kind of funny that the PS3 has become the least secure console on the market today, because of human misjudgement
Old 2011-01-04, 18:01   Link #3038
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I guess cracking the PS3 is more satisfying than cracking Xbox or Wii for the hackers
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 18:55   Link #3039
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I guess cracking the PS3 is more satisfying than cracking Xbox or Wii for the hackers
Actually the thing about the PS3 is that, sony messed up big time with the security. If you read the published details or the 27C3 video, you will see why. They can sign and run their own codes.
The Wii is patchable and can only exploited via software flaws, like smash stack, indiana pwns. The 360 is only exploitable via an old system version and has been patched ages ago. Other methods would be poking the machine physically.
In worst case the ps3 can end up in a situation like the DC or PSP.
Old 2011-01-05, 02:12   Link #3040
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I've got the older model of the PS3 (80 GB) and I'm starting to run low on space, so is this useable for a PS3? I can't find anything that syas it's a 2.5 inch, though.

Also, what would I need to do to use a 320 GB drive to back up my current PS3 HDD files for the transfer to a new drive? I've read guides that talk about any drives 32 GB and more needing to be reformatted, but would I still be able to use the 320 GB for all normal computer stuff after the reformat then?

Tags
console, ps3, sony