AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-11, 11:37   Link #381
kayos
RETIRED

Those are some amazing VF5 images. Should be out by next week.

I've never actually played GT, so I can't comment on it, but GoW met the hype. The gameplay and the cutscenes were amazing. The story wasn't all that bad itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
also Kayos, nice new avatar, lol :P
You know us guys could never stick to one
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 13:52   Link #382
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Stop. Comparing. Markets. With. Different. Economy!
Point taken :P

and Blasphemy on the GT comment! I don't think its the best, Forza(1st one), GTR, and Toca, are all better racing sims. Still, I love my GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos
Those are some amazing VF5 images. Should be out by next week.
Mine too. Going to order my High Grade and then it's dorm ass kicking time. I just hope for the 360 version they maybe can add some kind of Live feature(no Online battles of course) but something. Would love to use the VF.TV feature to upload my replays and such to friends and watch theirs as well. But, maybe that's asking too much from Sega. They've made some stupid business decisions regarding VF lately--still bringing it multi-platform was a rare and smart move for them.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-02-11 at 14:20.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 09:49   Link #383
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Yesterday, i just passed for some Sites and i found this recently

It's very real that the PS3 is sell with this Price? It's more cheap than the Wii O_O
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 10:22   Link #384
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
It's very real that the PS3 is sell with this Price? It's more cheap than the Wii O_O
That is what price the store is willing to buy used systems, which would be ironic if they sell it cheaper than the Wii.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:12   Link #385
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, it'd be fine that if the PS3 sold for the same as PS2's price in the U.S. Which was about $299/$399 (for the 60GB). I would've accepted this price range.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:34   Link #386
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post

ouch. if i had bought a PS3 i would NEVER sell it off at that price.

That's just asking to be raped.

seriously, ignore it, if you got one, just keep it, you can still use it as a linux box.
Old 2007-02-12, 11:54   Link #387
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Wow...I didn't expect to see everybody knocking on God of War. While Greek mythology isn't my favorite backdrop, I thought it was very well executed. Honestly, I don't care what Athena looks like...so long as the music, architecture, and main character model are solid...who cares?

So far as the PS3 surplus- of COURSE it's because of the momentary crap game selection. The PS2 might have been able to get with this a bit (though I think the PS2 had a better launch selection- wasn't Twisted Metal Black a launch game?), but now that Sony has two very serious competitors that, together, cover most of the gaming audience, a lack of high quality games simply won't cut it. Thankfully, the AAA games are shortly forthcoming.
Old 2007-02-12, 13:32   Link #388
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
See here's what they have to do. They absolutely must not pull another Playstation PORTable if they want to stand a chance and they must absolutely must have a strong exclusive selection by the end of 2007. I don't think Sony want's to bleed like Microsoft did with the XBOX for a hell of a long time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 21:59   Link #389
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
See here's what they have to do. They absolutely must not pull another Playstation PORTable if they want to stand a chance and they must absolutely must have a strong exclusive selection by the end of 2007. I don't think Sony want's to bleed like Microsoft did with the XBOX for a hell of a long time.
Well, with games like FFXIII, MGS4, White Knight story and what not; it's almost safe to say that PS3 will have some good exculsives by the end of 2007 going into 2008 (so long as they don't get pushed too far back =/ )

One thing i think they really need though, is some nice Strong Exclusive Online games. Seriously, what's the point of a free network service if there aren't any good games to play on it... So far, i think the only really good ones i hear about coming are multiplatform... with some good exclusive online multiplayer games, the PS3 might be able to actually stand a chance against Xbox Live (y'know, atleast when take into consideration Xbox live costs money and Sony online is free)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 22:10   Link #390
kayos
RETIRED

True Sony online network is free but how's the quality. Xbox Live is a paid subscription but at least it's top notch. I guess you could say you get what you paid for... or not.
Old 2007-02-12, 22:34   Link #391
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
True Sony online network is free but how's the quality. Xbox Live is a paid subscription but at least it's top notch. I guess you could say you get what you paid for... or not.
That's what that whole "if you take into consideration" part was for...
Though i don't have a PS3 and haven't heard much about the online service, but i'm definatly willing to bet that it's not gonna be as good as Xbox live...

It's hard to complain about something your not paying extra for...
I mean, unreal tournament for instance, when given the choice to play online on PS3 or 360(assuming i could get either or both systems), Sony's online service would have to be have pretty damn poor quality for me to choose 360 over PS3... honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years (about the minimum length of a console's life span), which puts the overall price of the 360 above that of the PS3... much higher if the 360 lives longer than 5 years... PS3 on the other hand won't cost a dime no matter how long it lives... So ya, Sony's network quality would have to be pretty bad with little hope of recovery for me to pick Xbox live's payed service over it...
Old 2007-02-12, 23:29   Link #392
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
... honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years (
Lol, you're reaching again :P

Stop adding that up, since no one does that. Going by that, then hell when I add up all the games and accessories I bought on my PS2 over its lifetime, I spent over $1000. Man what a rip off :P

Hope you get what I'm trying to say here

Still, although the PS3 service right now isn't as packed as the Xbox Live, it's not that bad either. When we play Resistance, we normally never experience any lag. Pretty impressive for the amount of players online in a multi-player match. Overall they still got a lot to improve on, but its still a good service considering it is free, for the most part.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-02-12 at 23:39.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 00:24   Link #393
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years
*slaps slayerx* Adding up yearly fees in a no-no, slayer.
Old 2007-02-13, 00:33   Link #394
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
... honestly, the fees for online service on the 360 will add up, at $50 a year you'll end up paying like $250 after 5 years
I'm paying nearly $50 a month on isp bills. I don't even want to know how much I've wasted in a 5 year margin.
Old 2007-02-13, 01:24   Link #395
Slayerx

Quote:
Going by that, then hell when I add up all the games and accessories I bought on my PS2 over its lifetime, I spent over $1000. Man what a rip off :P
Ok, now picture that amount, only about $250 less XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
*slaps slayerx* Adding up yearly fees in a no-no, slayer.
Ow, What? is it so wrong that i'd rather get one more game per year than needing to spend it on internet service?
(though technically i would need 10-15 more bucks)

Last edited by Slayerx; 2007-02-13 at 01:41.
Old 2007-02-13, 10:06   Link #396
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Seriously...why should gamers have to pay to play the multiplayer aspect of games? They've already purchased the game and the console. This isn't enough?...like Slayerx, I just don't see the point of paying extra for acess to a gaming domain.
Old 2007-02-13, 12:14   Link #397
kayos
RETIRED

If that's the view you're getting at, why not make cable and internet access free as well. Hell you already purchased the computer and tv, why not get all the benefits and channels.

It would be nice if it they were free though.
Old 2007-02-13, 13:13   Link #398
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
If that's the view you're getting at, why not make cable and internet access free as well. Hell you already purchased the computer and tv, why not get all the benefits and channels.

It would be nice if it they were free though.
yeah, but XBL fees are obviously in addition to internet fees. Also, games are advertised as if when you buy them, provided you have the console, you can harness all they have to offer. Yet this isn't true. IMO, Msoft should split off the community/clan/ladder stuff from regular multi-player games. Make THAT a service that costs extra. All multiplayer games shouldn't have to go through Msoft.
Old 2007-02-13, 15:53   Link #399
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
I'm paying nearly $50 a month on isp bills. I don't even want to know how much I've wasted in a 5 year margin.
Time for dimensional analysis!

$50/1 month * 12 months/1 year * 5 years = $3000.
Old 2007-02-13, 16:39   Link #400
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
yeah, but XBL fees are obviously in addition to internet fees. Also, games are advertised as if when you buy them, provided you have the console, you can harness all they have to offer. Yet this isn't true.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. Why should we pay to access the multiplayer online mode, when that's suppose to be apart of the game itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Time for dimensional analysis!

$50/1 month * 12 months/1 year * 5 years = $3000.
Well that's excluding phone bills, college tuitions, and misc (games, soft/hardwares, food, movies, musics and all the other non-essential items).

Tuition itself is near $1000 a month.

Tags
console, ps3, sony