AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-02-24, 19:33   Link #461
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
It's unacceptable to run your PS3 in 480i.
Truly is unacceptable. Is your monitor not hdmi compatible?

Well the 360 is more friendlier than the PS3. Everything is so easily configured while the PS3 is like "touch here," "NOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm shutting down on you."

Like I said I haven't ran into that problem so I can't really help you with it. Have you tried the PS3 thread at the home base, the guys over there may know. But good luck to you and hope everything works out.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 21:09   Link #462
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
My old setting were through the the COMPOSITE cable that came with the PS3. That means the highest setting is 480 (can't remember whether I or P). It's unacceptable to run your PS3 in 480i. The only thing I did beyond switch from composite to component is run it through the signal switcher, but like I said, I haven't had any problems with the 360, which is also hooked up to the switcher.
Doubt I can help since I don't have a PS3 but I used to run into a similar problem (screen didn't go black it just sorta jumped for a second) anytime I sent a 480i signal through a component cable on my hdtv. Is there an internal setting you have to set in the PS3 menus to set it to progressive scan? Don't think ps2 had one, but both xbox's did.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 22:06   Link #463
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Truly is unacceptable. Is your monitor not hdmi compatible?
The DVI port isn't HDCP compatible. They pretty much lie to you in the advertising by saying it's hdmi ready and all that crap.
Old 2007-02-25, 06:31   Link #464
Lebron
I hear voices

Never encountered that problem either, so can't really can give any advice. Sorry Wshiet, wish I could help :/
Old 2007-02-25, 16:44   Link #465
Dnous
wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
MS is doing the same thing early this year with the 360, as well. Pretty much to sum it up, it will cost them less to make and it will run more efficient, so a price drop could be more likely. MS is lowering their price this year, and Nintendo is already cheap compared to the other 2, but maybe they could lower it to $199, iono, depends if they keep selling strong at their current price. So I still think PS3 could have a price drop this year too in order to be competitive--well they need one.

real question is if they do, how much we talking about? $25? $50? $100?
Sony is lowering production costs. Nothing here said that it's gonna affect the price of the console, as the price is already below production costs. Sony probably isn't planning to make losses on their console for a long time. Just because Microsoft pulled it of with the older Xbox doesn't mean Sony will do the same. Microsoft also sold the 360 with losses in the beginning, but they also improved their production methods, but also didn't drop the price of it for each change. Besides how much cheaper is the production for each Cell CPU going to be? My guess is $10 max. But for Sony that is a huge improvement. For one it isn't much. But when you're looking at the amount of consoles Sony makes, it saves a shitload of money.

Last edited by Dnous; 2007-02-25 at 16:57.
Dnous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 00:35   Link #466
KHyuga

Is it worth buying PS3 now or should I wait a little longer?
Old 2007-02-26, 04:04   Link #467
kayos
RETIRED

Most people are waiting for the PS3 to have a larger selection of games before purchasing it. Coming from a PS3 owner myself, you could wait, there's really nothing extravagant out for it beside Resistance FoM so far.

Who knows maybe in the later run they'll be a price drop.
Old 2007-02-26, 10:03   Link #468
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

It'll be worth buying a PS3 once this comes out:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/748/748488.html
Old 2007-02-26, 10:34   Link #469
Knightmare213

Quote:

Cool, Motorstorm...

I did have a good time playing the demo (although not as much as playing the Lost Planet: Extreme Condition demo right after that) and can't wait for the video reviews to come out, revealing all the goodies in the game.

Also, as an overwhelmed college student, both academically and financially, I'm not hoping to buy PS3 until 2008...because that's when FFXIII is due out according to SE. Starting with Motorstorm, the PS3 software line-up is getting better. I expect that the PS3 will go up after many good and innovative games are released. Then again, there's always a chance, whether it may be minuscule or ridiculously high, that the sales will still fall...regardless of the consumer-expected price drop.

About the price drop, Sony may do the right thing and drop the price per unit for PS3, both the Basic model and the Premium model. Even though, as I stated before in this thread, Sony isn't losing money. Their PS2 sales and Bravia TV sales is basically negating their losses created by PS3. Then again, since I learned this information few months back, I've no idea how credible this still is.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 19:21   Link #470
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:

Nope, that title belongs to my baby Lair

http://www.ultimagame.com/play_stati...s_j1338_0.html
Old 2007-02-27, 12:01   Link #471
Knightmare213

Crap it all!!! Bad news from GameTrailers.com...

Sony Denies the Rumour of Price Drop

After reading this interview, my faith on Sony took a huge hit. They believe that rumble feature on controllers "were so last generation" and they don't have any plans to introduce any rumble on future PS3 controllers. What Sony believes is that motion sensitivity is the future. Anyone agree or disagree?

Also, Harrison, one of the exec of Sony, believes that he feels no pressure to drop the price and is very comfortable with the marketing plan.

You might be, Mr. Sony...but what about the rest of the middle-classed consumers wanting a PS3?
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:13   Link #472
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

What did you expect them to say? "We made a mistake and we're going to pay Immersion" ?? And I don't think a price drop would be coming any time soon. Even taking out the ps2 chip in the ps3 only saves them what, 30-50 dollars? Great, they'll only make a loss of 150 then.

In all honesty, I'd expect them to actually stop making such a huge loss before they do any price drop.

And btw, this means wii is the future ^_^

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:22   Link #473
Lebron
I hear voices

Can't really say on the motion sensitivity remark, you can only wait and see what happens, really.

In Harrison's case, he pretty much has to say those type of things, really. Their console just released, so coming out saying we need a price drop and were not confident with our marketing plan, is pretty much sending up a red flag to their stock holders, and fans, in general.

They just have a bigger hill to climb this time around, both Microsoft and Nintendo are doing well, and all 3 bring a lot of good things to the table.

Owellz, too much thinking about it, just wait and see. So, how bout that VF5? Pretty good stuff, been playing it like a crack addicted baby as of late

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-02-27 at 12:41.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 12:49   Link #474
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
So, how bout that VF5? Pretty good stuff, been playing it like a crack addicted baby as of late
Hmm... sadly I have no one to play it against. I really wanted it to have online play. I've played it twice since last week. It gets repetitive if you're always up against cpu. It's like "Oh wow, it's you again."

It's a great game, just boring without the ass whooping shit talking.
Old 2007-02-27, 13:02   Link #475
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Hmm... sadly I have no one to play it against. I really wanted it to have online play. I've played it twice since last week. It gets repetitive if you're always up against cpu. It's like "Oh wow, it's you again."

It's a great game, just boring without the ass whooping shit talking.
True, lucky for me I have people to play against, so its awesome. But yea, I had the same issue with VF4 when it first released, no one would play with me
Freaking Fanboy Tekken friends

Sega needs to put in an online mode. I don't care what BS they pull out their ass. Some piece of online mode is better than none. They can simply put it in to cater to the other population who aren't hardcore fans, and don't have friends around that will play VF with them. And if the hardcore fans don't like it, its real easy, don't freaking go into online mode then. There problem solved. Everybody is happy.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-02-27 at 13:14.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 14:57   Link #476
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
True, lucky for me I have people to play against, so its awesome. But yea, I had the same issue with VF4 when it first released, no one would play with me
Freaking Fanboy Tekken friends

Sega needs to put in an online mode. I don't care what BS they pull out their ass. Some piece of online mode is better than none. They can simply put it in to cater to the other population who aren't hardcore fans, and don't have friends around that will play VF with them. And if the hardcore fans don't like it, its real easy, don't freaking go into online mode then. There problem solved. Everybody is happy.
Online hurts Arcades. Even in Japan it would hurt thier arcade sales. So its pretty easy for them to say why it wouldnt work lol
Old 2007-02-27, 15:11   Link #477
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Online hurts Arcades. Even in Japan it would hurt thier arcade sales. So its pretty easy for them to say why it wouldnt work lol
Yeah I figured that was the main case. You know what also hurts arcade sales? Choosing to only freaking rent your VF5 cabinets, and not releasing any outside of Japan. But, thats Sega for you
Old 2007-02-27, 15:12   Link #478
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
Crap it all!!! Bad news from GameTrailers.com...

Sony Denies the Rumour of Price Drop

After reading this interview, my faith on Sony took a huge hit. They believe that rumble feature on controllers "were so last generation" and they don't have any plans to introduce any rumble on future PS3 controllers. What Sony believes is that motion sensitivity is the future. Anyone agree or disagree?

Also, Harrison, one of the exec of Sony, believes that he feels no pressure to drop the price and is very comfortable with the marketing plan.

You might be, Mr. Sony...but what about the rest of the middle-classed consumers wanting a PS3?
Yeah....one of the reasons I went ahead and got a PS3 so early was because I was pretty certain the price wasn't dropping any time soon.

As far as rumble, I've actually noticed that I APPRECIATE the absence of it. No longer do I have to worry about the controller getting jiggy with my furniture when I put it down during cutscenes. I never felt that the immersive effect was that strong anyway. And the sixaxis motion sensing aspect worked pretty well for flOw...so it will be quite interesting to see how Lair turns out.
Old 2007-02-27, 15:38   Link #479
kayos
RETIRED

You guys heard Tetsuya Nomura is retiring from his director position of the Final Fantasy series after FFXIII Versus and hopping on to the KH bandwagon. They said he's not gonna start KH3 until FFXIII V is finished.

Looks like a long wait for KH3.
Old 2007-02-27, 16:19   Link #480
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
You guys heard Tetsuya Nomura is retiring from his director position of the Final Fantasy series after FFXIII Versus and hopping on to the KH bandwagon. They said he's not gonna start KH3 until FFXIII V is finished.

Looks like a long wait for KH3.
Yeah, I read that earlier today.

Long wait for KH3 confirmed, also sounds like it will indeed be on the PS3, going by what he was saying

Tags
console, ps3, sony