AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2007-03-23, 21:23   Link #641
Lebron
I hear voices

NGS should be a lot harder than Black. For instance, Black was a lot harder than the first NG at higher difficulties. They went through and changed some stuff, made some bosses naturally harder, and made some of your attacks weaker, etc. Even though Itagaki didn't work on Sigma in any way, I'm sure they will will give it the same treatment.

Also, depends on what difficulty you play it on. Ninja Dog is easy as pie, Normal is work out, Hard is hard, Very Hard was crazy, and Master Ninja is damn near impossible to beat, and Sigma is suppose to add 2 more difficulties above Master Ninja. So yeah, forget that mess.. :P

either way the game should give you a workout, also, have fun fighting Alma. You will realize why she is considered one of the top 10 hardest bosses of all-time.
Old 2007-03-23, 21:59   Link #642
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
How's folding@Home, I haven't tried that yet? I'm busy playing with my stubborn router.
It's pretty damn cool. In the span of one day, under 20,000 PS3's are on their way to almost quadruple the processing power of 160,000 PC's.

OS Stats

I've been running it almost non-stop since yesterday morning, and my PS3 is no hotter than it is when you turn it on.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:07   Link #643
Knightmare213

About Folding @ Home, anyone heard about some people pledging to leave their PS3's on for the night on Sunday? As I quote one person, "How do you beat curing cancer while you're asleep?"
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:16   Link #644
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
About Folding @ Home, anyone heard about some people pledging to leave their PS3's on for the night on Sunday? As I quote one person, "How do you beat curing cancer while you're asleep?"
Shoot, did I not post about that here? I spammed all the other forums I go to

Anyway, yeah, the PS forums are organizing a "foldathon" for Sunday night. There are a number of teams you can join as well if you're the competitive type.
Old 2007-03-23, 22:20   Link #645
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Shoot, did I not post about that here? I spammed all the other forums I go to

Anyway, yeah, the PS forums are organizing a "foldathon" for Sunday night. There are a number of teams you can join as well if you're the competitive type.
Yeah...sorry about that. I skipped the thread to the last page and assumed no one heard about it. How impatient of me...

About UK Retailers giving away those Bravia HDTVs just...pissed me off. Sure, getting a four-month-long delay, as well as the hampered BC may justify the first PS3 consumers to get a free TV, but does it really have to be free and not a 90% discount?
Old 2007-03-23, 22:25   Link #646
Lebron
I hear voices

You're all nuts :P Seriously though, do you like just leave it running and it does all the work? How does it go about finding a cure for Cancer? I haven't been following Fold, so I'm pretty clueless about it.

also, why has no one mentioned Armored Core 4? :P I picked up the 360 version, but both versions are the same. I'm enjoying it for the most part, online is fun, SP is meh. Anyone else give it a try?

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-23 at 22:57.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 23:25   Link #647
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
You're all nuts :P Seriously though, do you like just leave it running and it does all the work? How does it go about finding a cure for Cancer? I haven't been following Fold, so I'm pretty clueless about it.
Yup, you just leave it running. There's a timer setting, so you can set it to start up after 10, 20, or 30 minutes of being idle (caution, background downloading counts as being idle). An average Work Unit for the PS3 (which is much larger than the ones handed out to PC's) takes approximately 8 hours to process.

As for how it actually works, that I don't know You can read up about it on the official site.
Old 2007-03-24, 00:05   Link #648
Knightmare213

Quote:
also, why has no one mentioned Armored Core 4? :P I picked up the 360 version, but both versions are the same. I'm enjoying it for the most part, online is fun, SP is meh. Anyone else give it a try?
I would if I had a PS3...

I saw the video review from GameTrailers.com. The reviewer pretty much criticized the learning curve of the game for first-timers and the story of the game itself...which I believe the story-writing was never FromSoftware's specialty. Overall, they gave it a 7.3 out of 10.
Old 2007-03-24, 00:19   Link #649
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
I would if I had a PS3...

I saw the video review from GameTrailers.com. The reviewer pretty much criticized the learning curve of the game for first-timers and the story of the game itself...which I believe the story-writing was never FromSoftware's specialty. Overall, they gave it a 7.3 out of 10.

Not surprising, AC normally gets around the 6-7s in review scores, anyway. It's a game that you're not going to pick up and be a god at in just a matter of hours. I find it funny he said it had a hard learning curve, well it does for 1st timers I guess. But for me, this one probably had the easiest controls to pick up and learn, compared to previews AC games. I love the increased pacing of the game, depending on your customization, it can rival a next-gen Virtua-On. Love dashing around and rotating the camera, watching my missiles follow their target, and watching them dash all over the place trying to avoid them all.
Old 2007-03-24, 13:10   Link #650
kayos
RETIRED

Is AC now more like ZOE or VO? I haven't played it yet... kinda broke at the moment, spent it all on school.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 13:26   Link #651
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Is AC now more like ZOE or VO? I haven't played it yet... kinda broke at the moment, spent it all on school.
Depends on the mission, and your setup for your mech. Some of the 1vs1 boss battles can feel like Virtua On, then the normal kill everything misisons can sometimes feel like ZOE. The game is defiantly not better than those 2, but it does at times feel like them.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:06   Link #652
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
That's actually a great deal, imagine yourself going to the shop to buy a gaming console but instead got a free tv with it, not just any tv but HD... HD c'mon.
Bah, HD. Overrated/overhyped shit.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:35   Link #653
kayos
RETIRED

Watch the potty mouth Benoit. But anyway, HD is a little overated, CRT tube still holds the best color. But with new advancing technology, you have to jump on the bandwagon unless you prefer to play a widescreen game on a square tube. You're just not playing it at it's full potential.

The best to go with is HD CRT.
Old 2007-03-25, 14:47   Link #654
Lebron
I hear voices

It's times like these where I really want to hug our 50" Samsung HD set. I can never watch sports, movies, or play games the same again.

Anyways, new GTAIV trailer to air this week on the 29th. Should be interesting :P

Also, EB/Gamestop has Time Crisis 4 for the PS3 coming later this year, even though Namco hasn't announced it yet. I remember they had the same for Saints Row and Oblivion for the PS3, before those were officially announced.

Last edited by Lebron; 2007-03-25 at 15:45.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 18:25   Link #655
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Also, EB/Gamestop has Time Crisis 4 for the PS3 coming later this year, even though Namco hasn't announced it yet. I remember they had the same for Saints Row and Oblivion for the PS3, before those were officially announced.
A new time crisis? SOURCE NOW!, the one thing I want to know is it a PS3 time crisis?(If it is I may go back on my word and actually buy a PS3... )
Old 2007-03-25, 18:33   Link #656
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow View Post
A new time crisis? SOURCE NOW!, the one thing I want to know is it a PS3 time crisis?(If it is I may go back on my word and actually buy a PS3... )
Just that for now, http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=270088

Most likely a port of the arcade version, and I'm not expecting it to look that much better than the arcade version, either. Still it's TC
Old 2007-03-25, 18:44   Link #657
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
It's pretty damn cool. In the span of one day, under 20,000 PS3's are on their way to almost quadruple the processing power of 160,000 PC's.

OS Stats

I've been running it almost non-stop since yesterday morning, and my PS3 is no hotter than it is when you turn it on.
Of course if you stick a console's processor into a computer it would run slower than a Pentium I This is because while console's processors weren't made to multitask, where a computer is made to be able to do many functions at once.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 18:47   Link #658
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

lebron, want to take a bet namco will name the guncon that comes with TC4 will be called the 'Guncon3' and be black to match the PS3?
(P.S. if it is wired, sony can't say 'wireless is the future' or else they have to admit the're living in the past :P, knowing them they'll pull some kind of illiusion like 'we are from the furture so we bring you past tech!')
Old 2007-03-25, 20:07   Link #659
kayos
RETIRED

The bad thing about TC series is that it's freaking short. C'mon can't it be like 30 hours worth of gameplay or something.

But I understand that it's firstly created for the arcade and it's made short for that reason but still. I'm hoping it's like they just added a bonus 30 levels just for the home edition.
Old 2007-03-25, 21:53   Link #660
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Of course if you stick a console's processor into a computer it would run slower than a Pentium I This is because while console's processors weren't made to multitask, where a computer is made to be able to do many functions at once.
I wouldn't necessarily say that with the Cell processor. This kind of work is what the Cell was made for.

Don't forget the Foldathon tonight!

Tags
console, ps3, sony