AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-05, 17:17   Link #1041
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I've only got Motorstorm so far, but unfortunately you can't install any of it on the harddrive, which is to bad considering the load times can be pretty bad. Updates (v1.2) and expansions (Time Attack) are stored on the harddrive however.

So far I've downloaded a whole bunch of demos and also partitioned 10 Gb for Linux, and I still got over 30 Gb left...
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 20:39   Link #1042
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
When you send out your unit for repair, they fix in an additional heat-sink this time. Which should cure most RROD happenings (which occur due to overheating). I think that should help plenty.
Well, if a cooler model is released, I'd rather buy that one. But that's good to hear nonetheless.

Oh yeah, concerning that so-called PS3 price cut...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/truth/retai...cut-275456.php

Still too expensive in my opinion, but I suppose it will help.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 22:27   Link #1043
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, if a cooler model is released, I'd rather buy that one. But that's good to hear nonetheless.

Oh yeah, concerning that so-called PS3 price cut...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/truth/retai...cut-275456.php

Still too expensive in my opinion, but I suppose it will help.
But you get 5 Blu-ray movies free with any PS3 purchase for the next two months or so, if I'm not mistaken. I can't see how that's not a great deal.

The PS3 will now be the same price as the X360 Elite, so any argument about cost will almost be a fanboy issue. I also think it's still too costly for the general gamer market now, but it'll make the console available to another portion of the market which will further generate sales and faciliate price drops in the future.

Or alternatively, Sony could have made the PS3 $399 and charge US$50 a year for its online service and made the money back in three years. Obviously the extra costs for the X360 are hardly factored in by consumers and arguments online. That's just sad.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 00:30   Link #1044
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
But you get 5 Blu-ray movies free with any PS3 purchase for the next two months or so, if I'm not mistaken. I can't see how that's not a great deal.

The PS3 will now be the same price as the X360 Elite, so any argument about cost will almost be a fanboy issue. I also think it's still too costly for the general gamer market now, but it'll make the console available to another portion of the market which will further generate sales and faciliate price drops in the future.

Or alternatively, Sony could have made the PS3 $399 and charge US$50 a year for its online service and made the money back in three years. Obviously the extra costs for the X360 are hardly factored in by consumers and arguments online. That's just sad.
Personally, I thought the PS3 was a better value from the get-go. It comes with a next-gen dvd player of the format that IS winning. Regardless of sony's rhetoric, that IS added value. I'm just shocked that they're lowering the price already. I'm still glad that I bought mine when I did, though. I wouldn't want to risk getting a ps3 without the emotion chip.
Old 2007-07-06, 10:50   Link #1045
kayos
RETIRED

UPDATE on PS3 price cut...

Quote:
Sony Corp. has no plans to cut the price of its PlayStation3 (PS3) at present to pep up demand and counter surging sales of Nintendo's rival game console Wii, Sony's president said on Friday.
Sony Interview
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-06, 11:47   Link #1046
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know what to believe anymore...
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/more-...rop-275588.php

I have a feeling Sony is trying to keep this under wraps until they can announce it themselves, or to prevent their competitors from knowing their intentions. OR, people within Sony are just as confused.
Old 2007-07-06, 12:13   Link #1047
Lebron
I hear voices

I think they're just denying it till they make the official announcement at E3. $500 plus, 5 Blu-Ray movies is it? Is there a list of the selection yet? I believe I saw an ad about it in Fry's Electronics, but just figured it was just a special deal they had. Didn't think it was for everywhere. Well that's a pretty good deal in my book. I'm still going to wait to buy one till Black Friday. I know there will be some insane deals out there, and I will ownith thee.
Old 2007-07-06, 14:06   Link #1048
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Shin-Getter, the PS3 price cut seems to be out. It's not fully confirmed:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/plays...-15-275391.php

$100 price cut.
I do not believe that rumor for a second. Sony has always been unwilling to slash the price of any of their systems for at least the first two or three years. If they do drop it to $500, that would be the shocker of the year for me.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:50   Link #1049
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
I think they're just denying it till they make the official announcement at E3. $500 plus, 5 Blu-Ray movies is it? Is there a list of the selection yet? I believe I saw an ad about it in Fry's Electronics, but just figured it was just a special deal they had. Didn't think it was for everywhere.
It's for (all?) Blu-Ray players. You have to send away for the BD's.
http://www.bluraysavings.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb View Post
I do not believe that rumor for a second. Sony has always been unwilling to slash the price of any of their systems for at least the first two or three years. If they do drop it to $500, that would be the shocker of the year for me.
Maybe not in the US, but certainly in other countries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlaySta...#Price_history
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 01:53   Link #1050
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
I don't see why they would cut the price before the AAA system selling games come out.

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-07, 06:30   Link #1051
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

If they were just trying to hide it, they would say "We don't comment on that.". Otherwise they would be lying.
Old 2007-07-07, 16:50   Link #1052
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
It's for (all?) Blu-Ray players. You have to send away for the BD's.
http://www.bluraysavings.com/
Thanks for the link, but man those are some tired selection of movies, but oh well, it's still better than nothing. I guess once you've received them, you can sale/trade them in for something better, like Pirates of the Caribbean 1 & 2 and Planet Earth or something.

Oh well, still a pretty good deal before the holiday ones start appearing.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:06   Link #1053
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
I don't see why they would cut the price before the AAA system selling games come out.
Every game is a system seller..
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-08, 23:39   Link #1054
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Sony finally confirms? I still don't understand with Ryoji.

60GB - $499.99 Starting this tuesday for North America.
80GB - $599.99 Bundled with Motorstorm on sale this coming August for North America. (With the new SIXAXIS Rumble? Well E3 is near by so.....)

No price cut announced for Japan, Europe, Australia, etc at the moment. :/

http://kotaku.com/gaming/we.re-slash...dle-276091.php

..... So will Microsoft also compete with this price cut the Elite/Premium/Core? I'm abit within the mist after the 3 year warranty.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:47   Link #1055
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
60GB - $499.99 Starting this tuesday for North America.
80GB - $599.99 Bundled with Motorstorm on sale this coming August for North America. (With the new SIXAXIS Rumble? Well E3 is near by so.....)

No price cut announced for Japan, Europe, Australia, etc at the moment. :/

http://kotaku.com/gaming/we.re-slash...dle-276091.php

..... So will Microsoft also compete with this price cut the Elite/Premium/Core? I'm abit within the mist after the 3 year warranty.
The interesting thing is that the Microsoft Games Division is determined to make a profit this coming fiscal year 2008 (for the first time in their history - they've lost more than US$3-4 billion since the beginning). I'm not entirely sure Microsoft can cut the price and make a profit at the same time. It will certainly be most interesting to see it happen! They need to cut their prices for the Elite by at least US$80 to US$399/400 for there to be enough difference for a psychological effect on the customer choosing between the two consoles.

As for Sony's making the bundled system $599, I have a good guess on why they did so, and it's probably deliberate and calculated. Sly bastards
Old 2007-07-09, 00:17   Link #1056
kujoe
from head to heel

But is MS willing to match Sony's price cut after announcing that they'll be providing free warranty for 3 years? If I'm not mistaken, they're going to be spending a billion dollars on that direction alone. Even though this expense isn't going to be noted as part of the coming 2008 fiscal year, (I think..) that's still something to consider, right?

But heck, if they do lower price then that's perfectly fine with me.
Old 2007-07-09, 00:29   Link #1057
kayos
RETIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
I'm still glad that I bought mine when I did, though. I wouldn't want to risk getting a ps3 without the emotion chip.
Same here, I'm happy with my emotion chip. I'm guessing all the new PS3 won't be having it, including the 80gb.
kayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 00:37   Link #1058
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Spoiler for 80GB Motorstorm Bundle is a Limited Edition Package:
Old 2007-07-09, 01:02   Link #1059
arias

Comments on Kotaku have spiked to 233 comments within merely two hours or so. Hate Sony or love Sony, everyone cares about what it's doing.
Old 2007-07-09, 02:40   Link #1060
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I need a PS3 now... Folklore... FFXIII... oh, good RPGness! Anyone care to explain what the emotion engine is in a PS2/3? What does it do? Why does it matter if you have one?

AniBUROGU// Loveless Animation vs. Manga Comparison
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony