AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 17:48   Link #121
Kona
Banned

The only WOW game i see right now would be resistance. I hope the shipments come on black friday.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 18:23   Link #122
byakugan hinata~
wish you were here

omg ps3 sooo expensive!!! but i want it sooo much!! damn it, gonna wait 4 it to drop and in the mean time, lets go buy the Wii XD
Old 2006-11-21, 18:36   Link #123
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
"What in Sam Hill"? Haven't heard that phrase used in a long time. Assuming you were asking about my post, which was right above yours, being a business major in a previus life, I was replying to Onizuka-GTO's post on "sony stocks are 4,000yen, and nintendo's are 27,000+yen high", which I did not quote.

Since it was off the original topic, I used the "" sign. The second part was on-topic, however.
Hehe yea I know, I was just funking around. I heard thay saying on TV, and wanted to use it in conversation. Don't mind me
Old 2006-11-23, 21:49   Link #124
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare213 View Post
Far from it.

When Japanese retail store, called Bic store IIRC, started to sell their units, they had to deal with the crowd who lined up to buy one (but not for themselves as many of them were Chinese, some elders, hired by high-class Japanese businessmen), and the object that was involved keeping them under control was with megaphones and such.

And believe me, the cops were called to the scene to keep the people back after fifteen minutes of Japanese launch.

Does that sound peaceful for you?
At least I didn't heard injuries or deaths on the launch day.

I think there must be some safety precautions for a console launch.
Old 2006-11-26, 12:38   Link #125
Gibilterra

Everybody,Did you know?
PS3 is good at playing audio.
Even thousands of dollars audio player can't beat it.
And,big plobrem about it is not found still now.
Totally view,it succeeded to fill campaign pledge.
Now,PS3 needs more good games.
I think MGS4 would make ps3 as global standard hard as ps2.
Gibilterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 12:45   Link #126
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

......Did somebody leave the Babelfish on? >_>
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 13:38   Link #127
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibilterra View Post
Everybody,Did you know?
PS3 is good at playing audio.
Even thousands of dollars audio player can't beat it.
And,big plobrem about it is not found still now.
Totally view,it succeeded to fill campaign pledge.
Now,PS3 needs more good games.
I think MGS4 would make ps3 as global standard hard as ps2.
Woooo, thanks for lowering my IQ!
Old 2006-11-26, 15:23   Link #128
Knightmare213

@Gibilterra: Yeah...thanks for telling us what we know.

This is OFF TOPIC, but I really think you should keep going to school to further learn the language of English.

Even though we have some people who doesn't use correct commas, periods and whatnot, but at least we can understand them or at least get an idea what they are saying, or trying to say.

Believe me, I'm not bashing your English skills. I'm just suggesting that when you bring back a thread that was on a hiatus for a week, please try to bring it back with a good post and with proper grammar.

Thank you.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:19   Link #129
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO Send a message via Skype™ to Onizuka-GTO
so...anything new on the ps3 front?

I do feel some sympathy for you playstation lovers, but meh that's life...

been using your ps3 as the "hub" of your living room lately? (if you got one)

Is it worth the money? how's the game? (there's really only one that's worth buying)
Old 2006-11-26, 20:35   Link #130
Knightmare213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
so...anything new on the ps3 front?

I do feel some sympathy for you playstation lovers, but meh that's life...

been using your ps3 as the "hub" of your living room lately? (if you got one)

Is it worth the money? how's the game? (there's really only one that's worth buying)
So far, the worst launch title for PS3 is Gundam: Crossfire. Many critics commented that the game was rushed for the PS3 launch, and if that's true, that's another bad Gundam game in the list.

But the good ones so far are Ridge Racers 7 and another game title I just can't remember, but Resistance: Fall of Man isn't one. However, when (since I'm kinda positive that I'll own a PS3 before Christmas or soon after) Rainbow Six: Vegas released, I'm sure that game will kick some ass, as well as Armored Core 4, and not to mention Killzone PS3.

If you haven't watched the trailer for Armored Core 4 and/or Killzone, go watch it. Impressive, but you really can't get your hype up too much or you'll be dissapointed...like I was for FFXII.
Knightmare213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 20:58   Link #131
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

not keen on killzxone, but armour core.....if its that good i might acutally think of getting the ps3....like..two years time....
Old 2006-11-26, 21:28   Link #132
Gundam Zero Force

If I had a PS3 I would get that Gundam game . .

Too expensive . . have the money, not willing to spend that much though . . I think I'll wait . . . .

I still don't have an Xbox 360 either . . .

I guess I am cheap, oh well lol
Old 2006-11-26, 21:29   Link #133
Lebron
I hear voices

Resistance has the highest avg rating with 89%. Its a good game, but nothing that groundbreaking. Yet, its still fun to play. I would easily recommend it for any FPS fan.

RR7 is just a port of RR6 with a few added stuff here and there, I've played both, so I could say I know what I'm talking about. For a game that was in atleast a year of development, its kind of disappointing. You can compare and contrast with the 360 version, and not see anything special.

AC4 is releasing in Japan next month, and then sometime in Spring for NA. I've been looking forward to it, and most likely will pick it up on the 360. My roommate has no interest in it at all, so I'm not buying the PS3 version. No point

Killzone2 was CGI, and I wasn't a huge fan of the first one on PS2. However, Liberations on the PSP isn't that bad. That game is still a ways off, so no point getting hyped up for it. Untill they actually show me real time, I'm not jumping up for joy.

I'm awaiting E3 come this July, to hopefully getting some more FF13 footage. Hopefully, this time they can show actual in-game, instead of the target render they showed off at the past E3. I really would like to see how far they are coming along with the White Engine, and to see the level of graphics its capable of producing. However, I wouldn't mind seeing some Grade A CGI when it comes to FF. I think they are showing off a new trailer at the upcoming Jump Fiesta, so here's hoping.

And yes, it seems both the gundam games that came out on the PS3 and 360, don't seem to be all that great. I'm a little more interested in the 360 one doh, since its like Battlefield, cept with Gundams. Only down side seems to be the actual FPS mode. They've got the scale down atleast in both versions. Yet, I haven't played the 360 gundam game, so I still don't no for sure if I will like it or not. The PS3 gundam game however, wasn't that great. Then again, I never liked any of the gundam games on the PS2. A.C.E 1 and 2 for the PS2 was far better to me. It had Gundam's in it, but also had Mechs from other famous animes. Sadly it never hit the states, but I hope they make a A.C.E. 3 and its on the PS3. I would buy that in a instant

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-11-26 at 21:42.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 06:04   Link #134
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I must say I was not very keen on the PS3 for a while, but each time I think about being able to legally & officially change the HDD and run Linux on it... the possibilities are endless!

For example, through Linux it should be possible to emulate almost any other (older) system out there. While ROMs may not be legal, with the right emulators you can add a "Virtual Console" to the PS3 as well, and pay "for free".

And just now TheFluff mentioned the PS3 in a thread in the Playback forum and immediatly "PS3 Media Center" popped in my mind. Sure, you can already play various kinds of media through XMB (standard PS3 interface), but afaik most video would have to be converted to MP4 (H.264). With Linux though, you'd be able to play ANYTHING. And output in HD resolution too. Though it might take a lot of tweaking to get HD output to run smooth perhaps.

I'm very, very eagerly looking forward to having the Linux option for the PS3 to be exploited for all kinds of neat things like this. And then when you think about it, $600 isn't all that bad for a machine that can do so much.

Anyone know sites with more information on PS3 Linux tinkering like I mention above?
Nevermind... http://ps3.qj.net/tags/Linux/92

Last edited by GHDpro; 2006-11-28 at 06:15.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 06:53   Link #135
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post

And yes, it seems both the gundam games that came out on the PS3 and 360, don't seem to be all that great. I'm a little more interested in the 360 one doh, since its like Battlefield, cept with Gundams. Only down side seems to be the actual FPS mode. They've got the scale down atleast in both versions. Yet, I haven't played the 360 gundam game, so I still don't no for sure if I will like it or not. The PS3 gundam game however, wasn't that great. Then again, I never liked any of the gundam games on the PS2. A.C.E 1 and 2 for the PS2 was far better to me. It had Gundam's in it, but also had Mechs from other famous animes. Sadly it never hit the states, but I hope they make a A.C.E. 3 and its on the PS3. I would buy that in a instant

Talking about Gundam, i saw the footage of the SCAD SD Gundam game, coming out for the wii.

looks interesting.

I hope they bring that out over here.

As for the Gundam on the PS3, i heard it's a disappointment.

Then again, compared to AC series, they are all rather disappointing.
the Nintendo one is an exception, becauses its SD.

How can i not like the cute-widdle SD versions?
Old 2006-11-28, 11:42   Link #136
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I must say I was not very keen on the PS3 for a while, but each time I think about being able to legally & officially change the HDD and run Linux on it... the possibilities are endless!

For example, through Linux it should be possible to emulate almost any other (older) system out there. While ROMs may not be legal, with the right emulators you can add a "Virtual Console" to the PS3 as well, and pay "for free".

And just now TheFluff mentioned the PS3 in a thread in the Playback forum and immediatly "PS3 Media Center" popped in my mind. Sure, you can already play various kinds of media through XMB (standard PS3 interface), but afaik most video would have to be converted to MP4 (H.264). With Linux though, you'd be able to play ANYTHING. And output in HD resolution too. Though it might take a lot of tweaking to get HD output to run smooth perhaps.

I'm very, very eagerly looking forward to having the Linux option for the PS3 to be exploited for all kinds of neat things like this. And then when you think about it, $600 isn't all that bad for a machine that can do so much.

Anyone know sites with more information on PS3 Linux tinkering like I mention above?

Last edited by NightWish; 2006-11-28 at 12:55.
Old 2006-11-28, 12:54   Link #137
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post

Pretty sure I read somewhere that someone already has the Marvel vs Capcom series running on their PS3. Im sure by the end of the year, or atleast early next year, they will have a bunch of stuff around that people made with Linux. I'm not to sound with Mr.Linux so im in the dark. I tried the XNA program for the 360, in order to make my own games and upload them and what not, but I sucked. So yea I await what the pro's are able to come up with
Old 2006-11-28, 14:33   Link #138
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Every time someone finds out that you can do things like this with a console they forget that they can do the exact same thing on a PC for less money. Hell, the PC monitor itself has been 'HD-ready' for years!
Old 2006-11-28, 14:47   Link #139
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Haha, funny that such "illegal" matters are what stirs interest in the PS3.
Same when for the PSP when it launched too, I guess.

Just pray that Sony doesn't decide to kill the fun and release updates to the PS3 that disable this sort of thing.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 15:14   Link #140
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Every time someone finds out that you can do things like this with a console they forget that they can do the exact same thing on a PC for less money. Hell, the PC monitor itself has been 'HD-ready' for years!
Except I don't think you can find a $600 PC that can do the same things the PS3 can: 3+ Ghz multi-core CPU, 256 Mb RAM clocked at CPU speed, 60 Gb HD (higher end model), built-in wireless and bluetooth, Blu Ray drive and all kinds of TV out including HDMI, Component and RGB.

Especially proper TV out support is hard to find in normal PCs: S-Video and Composite are present on nearly every video card, but RGB and Component output is much harder (and I don't want to solder my own cables or anything).

Also I think a lot of people either don't have their PC close to their PC or don't want to place their PC close to the TV because of size and styling issues. For this reason I think Media Center PCs are gaining popularity and I also that this is why I think Xbox Media Center is reasonbly popular among people with modded Xboxes. But the neat thing about Linux on PS3 is that you don't need a mod: Sony supports it even.

I like to watch anime on my TV. Right now I transcode everything to DVD format and burn it on DVD+RWs to watch it on my TV. But this has it's drawbacks, mainly time needed to encode (though with my new PC it's only 15 minutes per episode) and that you can't just watch any episode you like, but are limited to what I have burned to DVD.

Connecting my PC to my TV is no option even though it's more than close enough, because of the TV output issues I mentioned. I have in the past contemplated getting a modded Xbox, but these days the P3 733 Mhz in a Xbox just doesn't cut it for a lot of files out there. I also have a DivX capable DVD player, but it kinda sucks: no support for overscan which cuts the subtitles off, and of course only support for AVI and not MKV or MP4.

PS3 could potentially replace all this... it has the TV output support AND more than enough power to play any files. What I might need to wait on is proper software support: the Cell processor isn't easy to program for, so getting media player software that runs smoothly on it might take some time. But if the PS3 becomes popular enough, I have no doubt that this software will get developed.

Tags
console, ps3, sony