AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 19:18   Link #1841
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

On RE5 I'll quote a friend of mines "Res Evil 5 = WANK"

its not quite what I expected and the controls are quite "...meh"
I know its a demo in all but just didn't interest me that much

Killzone 2 demo is not bad but needs multiplayer!!!!

oh and I hate FPS that have low sensitivity even put to max it was still slow as hell, hope thats sorted before release.
Old 2009-02-05, 19:43   Link #1842
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
Asian version has english subs . Its a mixture of Kingís Field and Monster Hunter
elements !
Gameplay
http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen14365_...lay-video.html
Live Channel
http://ja.justin.tv/esegk
Looks downright boring though. And most of the animations looks pretty awkward. It feels as if they rushed the developement of the title. Shame because the first clips they showed of the game got me interested.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 11:00   Link #1843
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

oh and I hate FPS that have low sensitivity even put to max it was still slow as hell, hope thats sorted before release.
Well visually KZ2 is ace, however i cannot force myself liking this game, or any console fps, as a matter of fact. As for BH5, it controls the same way as BH4, so no big change there, ok there is strafing but i prefer the good old tank controls. As for realtime inventory and equipment change on the digipad, it is good for online gaming i guess.
Btw i fell kind of cheated with the KZ2 demo, 3h for downloading the ~1.2GB file and only 5-10 fun, it wasn't really fun. I cannot remember if the health was regenerated but you cannot seem to die in the demo.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 11:45   Link #1844
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Well visually KZ2 is ace, however i cannot force myself liking this game, or any console fps, as a matter of fact. As for BH5, it controls the same way as BH4, so no big change there, ok there is strafing but i prefer the good old tank controls. As for realtime inventory and equipment change on the digipad, it is good for online gaming i guess.
Btw i fell kind of cheated with the KZ2 demo, 3h for downloading the ~1.2GB file and only 5-10 fun, it wasn't really fun. I cannot remember if the health was regenerated but you cannot seem to die in the demo.
oh lol I died but then I was just charging in whenever I could

few things to rant on about

nades have a awefully short fuse

also I don't like the weapon pick up system, too used to Halo and CoD, its always nice to pick up 2nd rifle. I can guess peeps may like the relism of such a feature...I think it plain sucks.

and yes its way too short
Old 2009-02-06, 23:10   Link #1845
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Looks downright boring though. And most of the animations looks pretty awkward. It feels as if they rushed the developement of the title. Shame because the first clips they showed of the game got me interested.
I donít know but I like it
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm6065616
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 12:38   Link #1846
Kona
Banned

Can't wait for killzone 2 to come out, the multiplayer is gonna be so hectic and the fact that you can't go solo is real great.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 15:30   Link #1847
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Dude check this link out

It has multiplayer footage offline (bots)

http://ve3tro.com/1862/killzone-2-hd...mpaign-online/

Mind you it has spoilers, the two videos are visari hammer and corinth river maps. Spoilers if you care about what the map will look like.. It look AMAZING THOUGH
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 01:25   Link #1848
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Whoa, just whoa.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 06:19   Link #1849
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Except for the Yakuza 3 getting 9/10/9/10, I can't make out what are the 2 games beside it.
Maybe, the right one is Halo Wars?

Either way, I'm not that surprise at Yakuza 3.
Old 2009-02-18, 06:28   Link #1850
Sides

Ryu ga Gotoku 3 trial (dermo) will be up tommorrow, 19/02, on the japanese PSN. See link
Old 2009-02-21, 08:51   Link #1851
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

wwwww. Unexpected delivery from Fedex this afternoon.

Cute shot of a grown Haruka at the back of the instruction booklet there.
Old 2009-02-24, 00:45   Link #1852
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

is it me or PS3 is getting its ass kicked cuz of the DLC of xbox and other pc games
Old 2009-02-24, 01:55   Link #1853
Jays

Honestly I wish Sega would just throw us a bone and give us English text for Yakuza 3, I'd be all over this game if they did. It would be ignorant of me to say "how hard could it be?", but still... even as an optional patch it would be soo awesome.

Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 03:19   Link #1854
Aaerul

Anyone been able to find an import review of Demon's Soul ?

Famitsu 29/40 which I thought was remarkably low. Is this game really that bad?
1UP translated the Famitsu review. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172516

Last edited by Aaerul; 2009-02-24 at 03:20. Reason: change to bold
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 04:09   Link #1855
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
I thought this is enough for the answer you're asking?
Quote:
At the other end of the spectrum, casual gamer Maria Kichiji felt differently about the game's challenge, giving it a 6: "It's super-difficult... 'Souls' are needed for everything from shopping to power ups, and the entire game is unforgiving. Even worse, there are almost no hints. Demon's Souls is far too stoic... it's not a game for everybody."
Quote:
It's clear the generally middle-of-the-road Famitsu came down on Demon's Souls for its hardcore challenge, but it's worth noting rival publication Dengeki PlayStation had a more favorable opinion, giving the game 85/95/85/85. One reviewer even dubbed it "my game of the year so far... fans of old-school games will shed tears of joy."
Old 2009-02-24, 05:03   Link #1856
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So basically, both reviews say the same, and "This is not a game for casual gamers, but rather a game for fans of the old school 'damn near impossible' style gameplay" would be an accurate description?

Well, I can understand the move. The recent Megaman was hailed as a hero of the old-school difficulty, and as far as I know, enjoyed many positive responses. I think companies took notice of this, and realized there are still many hardcore gamers who desire impossible challenges.
Old 2009-02-24, 05:34   Link #1857
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Love the details they dumped onto Yakuza 3.

For once in a fight, people get their hand bloodied and the injuries inflicted does show on the faces and the thugs does limped after taking large amount of blows. This is something I don't see that in GTA IV.
Old 2009-02-24, 06:42   Link #1858
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Honestly I wish Sega would just throw us a bone and give us English text for Yakuza 3, I'd be all over this game if they did. It would be ignorant of me to say "how hard could it be?", but still... even as an optional patch it would be soo awesome.

Well RGG2 did made it outside japan, after 2 years after the japanese release, so i would say it is highly likely that RGG3 will make it as well. It is too bad that the asian version doesn't include english subs. Put it that way chances are that RGG3 gets localised rather than RGG:Kenzan!.

Arg, it seems that some shops might have problem stocking/sourcing enough copies of Demon's Souls (Asian version), so i won't be getting it anytime soon ;_;
Old 2009-02-24, 08:08   Link #1859
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
Anyone been able to find an import review of Demon's Soul ?

Famitsu 29/40 which I thought was remarkably low. Is this game really that bad?
1UP translated the Famitsu review. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172516
A Gaf member share his final thoughts on Demon Soul
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...350591&page=17

Quote:
This game is pretty awesome. I've been playing it more (currently ~Lv40) and I feel embarrassed with my initial negativity. I'd go far as to say it probably one of the best action-RPGs I've played in awhile.

I'm beginning to appreciate how deep this combat system is the more I play. First impressions of the combat system is that its somewhat simplistic, but as you start playing and confront the large variety of enemies in this game you start to appreciate its depth. Every weapon, every move, changes your approach to how you fight enemies, you actually have to think before your approach an enemy and not just button-mash.

Some thoughts on the combat system:

>>The game is challenging. Its not for everybody, you can't think of this game as a hack-and-slash. How you would attack a Chuthulu-like creature, is different then a goblin, and is different then a human or slime. Groups of enemies require different tactics. Its hard but always rewarding.

>> Boss battles are well-thought out and an unique experience. You can't just grind your way to beat them, you have to figure out what strategy works. Part of the reason why this game is entirely open-ended after the first boss is that while player levels do matter, you can't just go to a weaker level and expect to sweep through it without a thought.

>>When you guard an enemy attack, first your stamina gauge gets depleted. So for a strong enemy they will guard break you in a single hit, for that reason its actually worth the risk to parry attacks by stronger enemies since your guard can be overpowered. The risk-reward system is very well done. With a little thought and some skill you can beat a much stronger enemy then you.

>>Running and evasive moves also take up stamina, so you have to consider it before attacking an enemy. For instance, if you're on a bridge with archers at the end and a Wyvern is burning you from above so you have to quickly dash across the bridge; you have to think about how much stamina you will have left after the dash to confront the archers. You have to create a strategy, the good thing about this game is that the level design is so good that there are multiple solutions (you can go within the bridge and avoid the Wyvern, and come out the other side).

>> You can equip different weapons on different hands. For instance, you can equip a rapier in your left hand, and a longsword in your right. You can use the rapier to parry ala Three Musketeer style and attack with your long sword in a combo move. Also, you can equip a wand in your left hand and enchant the weapon in your right. Crossbow in the left, attack with the right. Or you can have one heavy sword/axe and wield it with both arms. Lots of combinations.
Quote:
Beat the game. Level 102 and 48 hours of gameplay. There is a good ending and a bad ending to the game. I got the good one.

According to my stats at the end, I died 127 times -which is a lot less then I thought. The game is hard, but its doable. Always challenging, but very enjoyable. A gamer's game. Once you get better items and spells later it gets a lot easier. And the boss battles are set up so that even if you die there is always a route you can open up to directly go back to the boss in several minutes and try again.

From the Japanese online leader boards, the times died usually range between 50-200 times to complete the game . Most people seem to beat the game in 40-50 hours and around level 80 (some people have beat this game is 15 hours), leveling up is relatively easy later in the game, so if a boss is difficult, it's usually better to find another boss, change your approach or just level up before challenging again. This way, difficulty levels can be reduced significantly if you're not that skilled.

Even after the first play-through there is a LOT I missed. Especially all those hidden bosses and events. I'm going to start playing SO4 and then return to Demon's Soul soon after (this is a hard gaming month, also thinking about getting Yakuza 3 but wasn't too impressed by the graphics in the demo). But this is one of the few games I want to continue playing after the main storyline.

Overall, great game, I can understand why its already gotten such a cult following in Japan. Hope they sell enough of this game to make a sequel, because this game has the potential to become a hit ARPG series in Japan like Monster Hunter.
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-27, 09:52   Link #1860
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

RGG3 sells 232K on first day. 100K ahead of SO4 from last week and taken over WKC's place as 2nd bestselling game in PS3 history behind MGS4. And finally officially the bestseller in the series.

Hopefully, this will steal the limelight from the SO4 and 360 back onto the PS3 nextweek forth,

Tags
console, ps3, sony