AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Old 2009-02-28, 23:37   Link #1881
TrueKnight

Pirating aside….. Sony’s PS3 still has strong presence in Europe beating the 360 with 8 – 8.5 million or so against 7 million. Most of them hates the 360 (and Microsoft) there, with exception of UK where the 360 is pretty much well established. Now if Sony can play this price cut (if it does happen) nicely, they could see a large or even significant increase on the PS3 leaving the 360 behind.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 23:48   Link #1882
kujoe
from head to heel

I thought MS announced that they've recently surpassed the PS3 in Europe thanks to the latest price cut..? Yes, that's coming MS itself but you have to wonder sometimes.

The thing with Europe, it's somewhat harder trying to get actual numbers for that region. One thing I do know for sure is that the UK is probably the one market in that area where MS has a much clearer presence. If I'm not mistaken, the 360 is bigger than the PS3 over there.

It's kind of funny, I think. While piracy isn't exactly good for a console, it's also an indicator of how it has been embraced by the gaming public. I came from the Philippines, and I remember how widespread piracy was for the PS and PS2... even the Dreamcast. Guess how the N64 fared over there in comparison?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 00:16   Link #1883
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I thought MS announced that they've recently surpassed the PS3 in Europe thanks to the latest price cut..? Yes, that's coming MS itself but you have to wonder sometimes.

The thing with Europe, it's somewhat harder trying to get actual numbers for that region.
The heck? Microsoft 360 press release stated the 360 numbers are around 8 million for the scope of Europe, Africa and Middle East. That's 7 mill or so for Europe and the rest for Africa and Middle East.

While Mr. Reeves (Sony Europe) stated PS3 is around 8 - 8.5 mill for europe alone (or PAL alike).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
One thing I do know for sure is that the UK is probably the one market in that area where MS has a much clearer presence. If I'm not mistaken, the 360 is bigger than the PS3 over there.
Yes, by a million. UK is basically 360s for the taking.
Old 2009-03-01, 00:22   Link #1884
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
The heck? Microsoft 360 press release stated the 360 numbers are around 8 million for the scope of Europe, Africa and Middle East. That's 7 mill or so for Europe and the rest for Africa and Middle East.
I'm no authority when it comes to console market share, but here's the report on it.

According to the article, the lead is by around one million units sold—across the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xb...y-1m-in-europe
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 00:39   Link #1885
TrueKnight

XD I lol'ed at Microsoft marketing strategy. Oh well at the same site I also found this.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/so...ary2009?page=1

Eurogamer's interview with Mr Reeves, head of SCEE, where he stated PS3 is around 8.5 mill.

and of course...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6202709.html

the 360's sales for Europe, Africa and Middle East.....8 mill in total.
Old 2009-03-01, 07:15   Link #1886
Sides

Quote:
Back then itís something like this, one of main problems of the PS3 were it hardware components where technology researched for it is high-end, this includes the cell processor where IBM was involved. The cell produced excellent performance as Sony intended, but in the end it cost too high to produce. Sony had to cover this high cost with high sale price of the PS3.
That is an interesting point, i reckon most people know that the ps3 was suppose to have 2 cell units instead of the last miniute redesign with the cell+RSX. The problem is that the RSX are supplied by nvidia, if i'm correct, so it is highly likely that the price for their units are fixed, just like it was with the xbox.
But people, don't be scared the next playstation will have the the 2 cells, and 100% using sony designed components, and besides that most people will have a HDTV at home by then. Sometimes it is not worth fighting a battle on rough grounds and better investing in the next campaign.
But there are few things that sony can do with the ps3, allowing devs and publisher to use DVD to store games, do something similar what nintendo did, introduce a non standard disc type based on DVD but use bluray technology to secure the DVD content for example. Or they can introduce a bluray only ps3, that only has a blue laser pickup, that will cut the cost down and improve the lens lifetime. Another thing is to invest more into SDK development, if you look at the 3rd party engines non of them take advantage of the Cell, and that could be a problem for smaller software firms that cannot invest too much time in developing there own engines.
The problem with the 360 and ps2 numbers are that the first revisions had a high failure rate, so most people had actually bought 2 units after a year or two. So even if the 360 has a higher sales number, it doesn't mean that so many people own a working unit.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 19:08   Link #1887
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Preliminary Killzone 2 Sales - over 750,000 sold
Old 2009-03-03, 23:29   Link #1888
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Got my RE5 today.Both regular and LE Asia release

Back of LE

Contents

Game inside LE is just your regular Ed.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2009-03-03 at 23:58.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 01:07   Link #1889
Jays

That's the Asian LE? Something about the subtlety and design of it make the North American LE nothing more than a giant useless clusterfuck.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 01:12   Link #1890
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

digg the chainsaw
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 06:20   Link #1891
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hmmm i don't know if this was posted . it looks like ps 3 it getting a old school 2 d rpg ( Which i really need just many FPS ....... ) it good that Cross Edge it getting translated ( I hope that keep the original voice .........)

here a links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmJs...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8TzMTPODg
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 07:03   Link #1892
ShinGundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
hmmm i don't know if this was posted . it looks like ps 3 it getting a old school 2 d rpg ( Which i really need just many FPS ....... ) it good that Cross Edge it getting translated ( I hope that keep the original voice .........)

here a links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmJs...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv8TzMTPODg
Me too but NIS delayed it 2 months for Trophies patch but I want TEARS TO TIARA JP more than X edge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpw10R4Ck0U
TTT OVERPRICED in kuwait T___T

---------------
GTís Yakuza 3 preview
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46310.html
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 09:25   Link #1893
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ah, finally an RPG where I can trust that when it's released in English I'll actually be able to play it.

Stupid 360 and their region locks.
Old 2009-03-05, 09:46   Link #1894
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

RGG3 Sold 372K in first week in Japan. Sales Of PS3 hardware soars.

This is more than twice the number of what SO4 sells for the first week. Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?

Now we're just waiting to see how KZ2 did when it manage to deliver the hype.

For me, I'm debating whether to get HAWX when I still have RGG3, KZ2 and Bio5 waiting for me to get them over and done with.
Old 2009-03-05, 10:35   Link #1895
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?
*Raises hand*
Old 2009-03-05, 10:52   Link #1896
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
RGG3 Sold 372K in first week in Japan. Sales Of PS3 hardware soars.

This is more than twice the number of what SO4 sells for the first week. Who needs another generic JRPG when you have innovative game like the RGG series ?
I would. I could care less about Yakuza, honestly. Game doesn't click with my tastes. I am a JRPG fan, and the lack of good jrpgs so far has been an amazing disappointment since it's the main reason I bought the PS3 for. My PS3 library so far is rediculously slim, with just a few exclusive titles that I really like, while my 360 is pretty one is pretty big so far between JRPGs and multiplatform titles, and I even got the PS3 way before than the 360. So yeah, while I'm glad that some PS3 game is selling well, I'm still waiting for a good flow of nice stuff to come out, the kind of games that made me love my ps2.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 11:23   Link #1897
TrueKnight

Thing is Sony don't have much cash to spare in order to retain some of the publishers and/or developers to stay exclusive. Because hey, publishers and developers are also companies whose main aims are to make profits or cash in order to survive and expand, which Micro$$oft seems to have right now.
Old 2009-03-05, 12:05   Link #1898
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I couldn't care less whether or not a JRPG will be exclusive for the PS3, I just want them to come out on the PS3, because that way I can just import them instead of having to wait seven frigging months and counting to play the damn game like Vesperia on the 360.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-03-05 at 12:23.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:18   Link #1899
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Thing is Sony don't have much cash to spare in order to retain some of the publishers and/or developers to stay exclusive. Because hey, publishers and developers are also companies whose main aims are to make profits or cash in order to survive and expand, which Micro$$oft seems to have right now.
It was already like this even before Microsoft joined in. Did everyone forget Square's behaviour when they "left" Nintendo? It was the same reason. Which is why I stopped "caring" for one single console and became a multiplat owner. As long as I can play the games I want to play, I'm fine. I don't mind on what system I'm playing them on.

However I still feel bitter because this "little black thing" costed me quite a bit of cash back then (it's one of the first 60gb models with retrocompatibility included) as I had placed a lot of trust and hope that I would still see the kind of titles that I'd like to see. And what do I get? Only one really good T-JRPG (Senjou no Valkyria), one that is basically more of the same and could easily work on a PS2 (Disgaea 3) and one that has an absolutely disappointing ending (not mention the plot...) and an atrouciously slow and boring combat system (White Knight Story). Where are my Atlus PS3 jrpgs? What about the other companies? There's not just Square-Enix around, y'know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I couldn't care less whether or not a JRPG will be exclusive for the PS3, I just want them to come out on the PS3, because that way I can just import them instead of having to wait seven frigging months and counting to play the damn game like Vesperia on the 360.
My thoughts exactly.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 12:30   Link #1900
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou
Where are my Atlus PS3 jrpgs? What about the other companies? There's not just Square-Enix around, y'know.
For Rpgs?

- They don't have enough money to develop games for high tech specs that is the PS3 which was why they went on cheaper ones like 360, PSP, DS, Wii and Ps2.
- Bamco most likely had a back to back agreement with M$ on developing rpgs exclusively for 7th generation console the 360 except for PSP or Wii. Vesperia is recorded as a loss by Bamco with M$ stealthly covering their loses. Squeenix most likely followed this route.

Tags
console, ps3, sony