AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Yzak 58 56.31%
Shinn 32 31.07%
$hitty 3rd option because I hate both these guys... 13 12.62%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-05-31, 23:43   Link #61
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^I didn't say he clearly won...I said he clearly overwhelmed them OVERALL in 1v1 and sortie(If he doesn't how the hell does he survive an interval paced 3v1?) ...That does not equate him destroying them or the fact that Shinn looked bada$$ in alot of those scenes (which you would probably admit when you had no clue he would end up being a character you hated)...Lets just cut the tick for tack $hittyness...If a Shinn person watches that scene they'll highlight the good features and if a Shinn hater like yourself who hates Shinn in every categorey regardless of everything looks at this scene they will highlight the negative factors to make it larger than life...I've seen that scene countless times aswell and could counter your argument easily aswell...Full of $hit as usual (It was some good $hit though^^)...For the MOST PART Shinn put the extendeds on the defensive in that fight handling pretty much their entire barrage where he did much more than simply survive (Athrun 1 save, Rey one help, Luna basically nothing, but yeah that equates the entire fight )...Yeah thanks goes to Athrun for his contribution, but Athrun saves Shinn's a$$ so the rest of Shinn's antics are obsolete?? Then every C.E. fighter who ever nearly escaped death because they were helped can't be given any credit either...Which means Kira<Druggies because Athrun saved his a$$ in SEED, same as Shinn...F*ck everything that happened after that right??

Again who said he clearly won?? Please provide a quote...
Hmm..it's odd. The 3v1 scenario showed that he was overwhelmed. Short of dying, what proof do you need that Shin was way out of his league there? That one sequence does nothing to show strength in your arguement that Shin is strong. In fact, at best, it shows that Shin is good getting help at the right times. And at worst, it shows Shin can't stand up 1 on 1 versus any of the extended.

The problem with your argument here is it has minimum support. And you changed it along the way btw. At first it was he handled the 3v1 scenario well. Now it's 1v1 in intervals. But regardless. In none of those cases did he do well. It's not like he clearly overwhelmed Stellar in the initial attack. It was just an attack that forced her back due to momentum and surprise. But she came back rather quickly and agressively didn't she?

If you want to show an example where Shin handled himself well, at least use a scene where he was winning. In almost all those scenes, he was losing and about to get killed 1v1 if someone else didn't save him. In the scenes he is not, it is because someone else like Athrun and Rey was fighting in his stead. This isn't a tit-for-tat scenario. This is one where he outright lost and lost again multiple times.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon

Last edited by epyon96; 2006-05-31 at 23:55.
epyon96 is offline  
Old 2006-05-31, 23:54   Link #62
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Again who said he clearly won?? Please provide a quote
alrighty then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well since I have the DVD eps I've recently seen the first few episodes (It is fresh in my mind) and in those episodes it is clear than Shinn in overwelming the 3 on 1...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Was he equal when he was kicking the extendeds a$$ess 3 vs. 1 in SWORD IMPULSE after the intial Gundamjack?? ("Oh it's not a pure 3 on 1" So what was it 2.3 on 1, a 1.9 on 1?? Anyway you slice it Shinn was kicking their a$$ess in individual and sorty combat overall)
SNT1 is offline  
Old 2006-05-31, 23:57   Link #63
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Congratulations, wingdarkness. You have officially turned this into a smack talking thread by saying my arguement is void because I am a Shinn hater. But I'll reply to you anyway to point out how wrong you are.

In the beginning of the fight Shinn is only fighting against Stella. They do a lot of exchanging blows and a lot of dodging each others shots. There are some parts where it looks like Shinn is winning, and other parts where it looks like Stella is winning. Shinn even says during this part "I didn't train for this!" so I would say he is doing well to stay even with Stella in an unfamiliar situation like that. But like I said earlier, they are fighting each other toe-to-toe... it's even, no clear victor at that point.

Then comes the three way attack. First Auel hides behind Sting and does a Peek-a-boo move from Dodgeball. Then Sting attacks him head on while Stella comes from the other side and catches him off guard. Shinn is knocked to the ground and Auel moves in for the kill. Enter Athrun, who distracts the Extendeds long enough for Shinn to get up and back on the offense. In this part of the fight, Shinn is definitely the victim of the mismatch. If you see this in any other way, then you're watching the fight through Shinn homer goggles.

The next part is the aerial battle. Like I said for most of this, Shinn is dodging. I think the only offensive move he makes here is chucking a boomerang at Stella. Rey shows up here and keeps Auel occupied, but Sting still manages to keep Shinn on the defensive, and is able to destroy Shinn's sword, rendering him weaponless. With no weapons, Shinn is useless and has to switch to the Force pack. For this part of the fight, I say Sting got the better of Shinn.

Next Shinn switches to the Force pack. All 3 Extendeds are caught off guard here. I would agree with you that Shinn is overwhelming them at this point of the fight, because they can't lay a finger on him and Sting blows a hole in the colony to get away from him (though I will say he did that half to get away from Shinn and half because they needed to get back to Neo before the Girty Lue left them behind).

Shinn has some bright spots in that battle, I will acknowledge that, but I don't see him overwhelming the three Extendeds consistently throughout the fight. He has moments where he has Stella going WTF?, but she has moments where she does the same thing to him. And from the time Sting and Auel jump in to the point where he changes to the Force pack, I wouldn't say he overwhelmed them at all. Only in the beginning and end. After all, the Extendeds escaped and accomplished their mission while Shinn failed his. If he was "overwhelming" them you would think he'd be able to stop at least one of them.

And for the record, Mr. Wingdarkness, I didn't like Shinn from the moment I saw his face in the Newtype JP scans that were released the summer before GSD even aired. I saw the stupid looking new cast (Talia's wtf? hairdo, Luna's retarded skirt), aside from Rey and Gilbert who sounded like interesting people, and I thought most of the new Gundams aside from Savior looked like complete shit. For the most part I would say my pre-airing assessment of GSD was correct by my standards anyway. So don't even start with the playa hating. If anything, I am the original Shinn hater so any amount of retrospective smack talking you want to do about how I interpreted GSD before Shinn became a shithead is void, because I thought that battle sucked the first time I saw it.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline  
Old 2006-05-31, 23:57   Link #64
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon
Hmm..it's odd. The 3v1 scenario showed that he was overwhelmed. Short of dying, what proof do you need that Shin was way out of his league there? That one sequence does nothing to show strength in your arguement that Shin is strong. In fact, at best, it shows that Shin is good getting help at the right times. And at worst, it shows Shin can't stand up 1 on 1 versus any of the extended.

The 3v1 showed that he was able to rattle them..Dude you fight 3 Gundams at the same time in a frantic scenerio in your first every sortie, your first ever mission, your first non-simulation, and turn the tables and overwhelm all 3 of those fighters then comeback and talk to me about who was strong and who wasn't...

Stella: "What is this guy.."

Sting "Why can't I get this guy..."

Auel: "Who is this guy.."

Probably not the actual words but I recall alot of frustration and the extendeds being on the defensive from Shinn's movements for a good part of the 3v1, but damn don't believe me...Hmm perhaps my usage or interpretation of the word "overwhelm" is confusing things...

Back on topic: Perhaps Yzak would have did better right?? -_-;

LMAO @SNT1 - You have not provided one quote from me saying that Shinn clearly won...Why do you wanna get me so bad? Sheesh...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:02   Link #65
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Stella: "What is this guy.."

Sting "Why can't I get this guy..."

Auel: "Who is this guy.."
they so weren't expecting another Gundam, especiall one that changes packs and pretty colors; surprised but not "Overwhelmed"

Quote:
Back on topic: Perhaps Yzak would have did better right?? -_-;
hell yeah.

Quote:
You have not provided one quote from me saying that Shinn clearly won...Why do you wanna get me so bad? Sheesh...
I don't know what the dialect from where you live is, but

Was he equal when he was kicking the extendeds a$$ess 3 vs. 1 in SWORD IMPULSE after the intial Gundamjack??

sounds to me like the bolded part implies that he was winning.

Last edited by SNT1; 2006-06-01 at 00:21.
SNT1 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:02   Link #66
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
The 3v1 showed that he was able to rattle them..Dude you fight 3 Gundams at the same time in a frantic scenerio in your first every sortie, your first ever mission, your first non-simulation, and turn the tables and overwhelm all 3 of those fighters then comeback and talk to me about who was strong and who wasn't...

Stella: "What is this guy.."

Sting "Why can't I get this guy..."

Auel: "Who is this guy.."

Probably not the actual words but I recall alot of frustration and the extendeds being on the defensive from Shinn's movements for a good part of the 3v1, but damn don't believe me...

Back on topic: Perhaps Yzak would have did better right?? -_-;
So, next time in a fight, when I'm talking trash about someone like, "WTF is wrong with that guy" or "I f'ing hate that dude" or "That guy is pissing me off; stop being chicken and fight me like a man", it always means that he is the stronger one?

Please don't use that as evidence. It further weakens your already weak argument here. The fighting sequence very clearly shows that Shin was losing almost all the battles there. Drop this scenario and use another to show why Shin is great. There's so many others you could use. Why do you insist on this one? Outside of that, the arguments for pro yzak are disappearing and instead this is turning into a Shin-flame war. lolz.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:09   Link #67
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
So suddenly the Extended's battle dialog is being called into question? What a crock of shit...

@ 3:30

Arthur: Shinn! Your orders are to capture them! You understand that don't you? Those belong to us!
Shinn: I know! I don't know if I can take them though!

@ 6:41

Shinn: Damn it! I never trained for this!

@ 13:30

Shinn: What's with these guys? They're doing so good in stolen machines!
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:11   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
^Epyon, all I'm doing is saying somethings that showed me they were being put on the defensive...Don't use that as ultimate proof...And don't talk to me like you have a degree in weak arguement-ology because you want to enlarge holes in my chink-free armour...What i did is called a "response" it doesn't require me having to create another scenerio..I'm simply responding to what was told to me...So either make a point or take off your zebra-strips..We don't need a referee not named Paper up in here...

Please no more offtopicness and I say that to myself aswell...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:19   Link #69
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
wingdarkness, for all your self-absorbed conceitedness that you are some "master debater" because you always back up your posts with hard proof and indepth analyses, you are disappointing me in this thread. You try to use battle dialog as a barometer for Shinn's skills in that fight when it has already been proven by myslef and others that at best, that fight was a draw between Shinn (w/ help from Athrun and Rey) and the Extendeds. You can't say Shinn won any more than I can say he lost. I already said that Shinn got a few good moves in every now and then in that fight. But in no way was he dominating them on any kind of consistent basis. Maybe you should watch the episode again because you're just missing it dude.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:26   Link #70
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Damn Obi if you were to STFU for 2 seconds I was just about to write a post praising you on your judicial review of that episode 2 confrontation..but you have to ruin that like you do everything....Those quotes were never meant as the proof of blind-eye balancing...merely something in the response to show the extendeds frazzeledness that you later provide an accurate dialouge blurb...Now stop loving me so much and PMing me on IRC to stalk you...sheeesh...

Quote:
You can't say Shinn won any more than I can say he lost.
All I said was that he overwhelmed them overall inwhich you somewhat agree in spots...Now enuff already..Yzak vs. Shinn now...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:30   Link #71
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
^Epyon, all I'm doing is saying somethings that showed me they were being put on the defensive...Don't use that as ultimate proof...And don't talk to me like you have a degree in weak arguement-ology because you want to enlarge holes in my chink-free armour...What i did is called a "response" it doesn't require me having to create another scenerio..I'm simply responding to what was told to me...So either make a point or take off your zebra-strips..We don't need a referee not named Paper up in here...

Please no more offtopicness and I say that to myself aswell...
My apologies for seeming to try to moderate this. That was not intentional.

The fact stands that you insist on changing your argument.

First it was: He overwhelmed them in a 3v1 battle.
Next it was: He overwhelmed them 1v1 in intervals
Next it was: He overwhelmed them and kept them on the defensive

You can't claim you meant the same thing because these are three different meanings here. But that's not important. Let's go with your last one just for sake of convinience.

Of course, you insist on the word overwhelm so let's define it first. According to Dictionary.com, it's defined as:
"To defeat completely and decisively". I really can't distinguish that definition from "win" much. But let's go with your rational of Shin keeping them on the defensive.

Well, here's news to you, their mission wasn't to destroy. Sting and Auel half the time were arguing about wanting to leave. Despite that, Stellar didn't look like she was about to lose. It seemed more or less even for the most part. Of course, let's not forget they were in a ZAFT base meaning that there were many mobile suits flying in the area versus the other three. Granted, they didn't pose much of a threat due to their lack of skill but they were there nonetheless to keep the battle less focused on Shin than you make it out to be.

Not only that, Auel completely disabled Stella mid battle with a block word. So Sting had to take care of her for a bit. Despite that, Sting durin gthis period managed to disable and completely unarm Shin. This was more or less one on one considering Auel were distracted by Rey and Stella was disabled.

Despite this confusing battle which Shin seemed to have little control, you still claim that it was Shin that pushed them to the defensive when their initial mission was to run back to their ship. It's beginning to sound a little odd.

Let us continue with your logic.

What would it prove if Shin managed to tie with Stella (which is an estimate at best considering the confusing scenario and how she had to deal with Athrun earlier and then a blockword)? Stella is probably the weakest pilot of th three; she's definitely the least stable and most childish.

Moving on. Talia at this point was even surprised that Shin got Impulse instead of Rey, who seemed far more skilled and in control to her. It was very evident against the Mobile Armor Exxas that Shin was the weaker pilot of the two at this point in time. Shin at this point is a character that still needs so much more development as a pilot. If you insist on claiming that Shin at this point was as good as you claim, are you prepared to do the same and defend Rey too? At this point in time, the story seems to suggest that Shin's piloting skills are not as good as Rey's yet.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon

Last edited by epyon96; 2006-06-01 at 00:43. Reason: added definition of overwhelm
epyon96 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:40   Link #72
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
This thread is so entertaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
And don't talk to me like you have a degree in weak arguement-ology because you want to enlarge holes in my chink-free armour...
Dude I wouldn't exactly call what you have dished up with chink free...at all.

Anyway, I'm on the Yzak side of this argument after some thinking, provided the gundams are equal in power and not allowing shinn the posibility to study all of Yzak's weaknesses prior to battle, I'd wage my money on Yzak.
Arimfe is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:42   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Yzak vs. Shinn, epyon and everyone else...

Any other debate will have to require a new thread or PMs...I don't wanna have to write another loooong comeback post that will force you to respond yet again...Please understand this and either delete your post or take it up with me in PM....

The Extended vs. Shinn fight has been fleshed out for anyone to decide at this point...I will try not to answer anymore question about it as this thread will become closer and closer to getting fragged and i don't want that OK...If you need an answer more than life itself I will PM you one...Hehe never thought it would get this much out of control...


Now back on topic for realz folks...I will ask Mr. Paper to delete any posts past this point that do not involve Shinn vs. yzak or a discussion that spawns from that dynamic...THANX...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Dude I wouldn't exactly call what you have dished up with chink free...at all.
Such as life^^...Oh well I guess I asked for it ...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:54   Link #74
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Yzak vs. Shinn, epyon and everyone else...

Any other debate will have to require a new thread or PMs...I don't wanna have to write another loooong comeback post that will force you to respond yet again...Please understand this and either delete your post or take it up with me in PM....

The Extended vs. Shinn fight has been fleshed out for anyone to decide at this point...I will try not to answer anymore question about it as this thread will become closer and closer to getting fragged and i don't want that OK...If you need an answer more than life itself I will PM you one...Hehe never thought it would get this much out of control...


Now back on topic for realz folks...I will ask Mr. Paper to delete any posts past this point that do not involve Shinn vs. yzak or a discussion that spawns from that dynamic...THANX...



Such as life^^...Oh well I guess I asked for it ...
I don't mean to state the obvious but it was you who insisted on the use of that scenario to prove your point about Shin's greatness as a pilot. You listed 2 other scenarios before that illustrated better but you insisted on going back to this.

But it's good to have conclusion to something.

The unfortunate part about Yzak is that he doesn't have much victories going for him. We can only analyze and over analyze his great victory over the druggy that gave Kira and Athrun so much trouble. In GSD, it was a team work effort. Yzak proves yet again that the combination of him dearka and Athrun make a great team but he doesn't show his individual talents in that fight.

With regards to studying "Kira's weakness" or "Yzak's weakness" refering to the prep before fighting Freedom. What weakness does Yzak have? Anyone want to try to analyze that?

As for Shin's willingness to analyze strategies before fighting. That's his strength. It never hurts to know your opponents better. It's the first time someone did that in Gundam Seed after Andy. In regular military, I imagine that it should be a common thing. Although, I suspect that much credit of the analysis had to be given to Rey.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 00:59   Link #75
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
sure man... (way to bail out XD)

but what is there to debate about?

ok I'll go back to what started all these Shinn vs Extended fights...

Since the last few posts have clearly proved that Shinn was at most equal to Extendeds in power, even with some help (and he was definitely NOT overwhelming the 3 extendeds). In another thread, people have also shown proof that the Extendeds were really not as good compared to the Druggies.

Yzak is almost as good as Athrun, who mind you, smacked Shinn around like it was nothing. Unfortunately the only footage of Yzak's true skills in GSD was in ep.6.... That's it. But thats enough to prove that he was powerful, to the point Shinn says "Damn these guys are good."
SNT1 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 01:00   Link #76
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
I don't mean to state the obvious but it was you who insisted on the use of that scenario to prove your point about Shin's greatness as a pilot. You listed 2 other scenarios before that illustrated better but you insisted on going back to this.
What is that the final f*cking blow or something?? o_O;;

So my whole friken debate is based on that?? IYIYIII... Reading is fundamental...Once again I'll post my indepth Shinn Vs. Yzak analysis...If you want a debate then wrap your soul around it...


Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well you see it's all about beating a man at his own game...Shinn fights much like Yzak in his head -on approach which is something that nullifies Yzaks intial movement...When in the entire series has Yzak shown any affinity to use battle techniques outside of the "blitz" mentality?? Aside from that he relies on anger and aggression to propel himself in battle (and with that said it has failed many times)...Not only does Shinn fight the same way in terms of anger, his anger has been shown to be atleast 5 times more intense than anything Yzak has shown and this anger is what triggers his special SEED-ability...You cannot discount this...


While SEED Mode is indeed some unexplanible bull$hit in areas, what we do know about it is that it heightens reflexes and spatial awarness...So if Shinn fights comparable to Yzak minus this mode with this mode intact he should have the potential for increased ability...Yzak has not shown that he is any type of ranged or defensive fighter...He thrives in both team and individual melee combat...In SEED Mode Shinn is superior in basic melee, something he was shown to be easily adaptable to vs. DESTROY with the lack of SEED Mode...and before you scream plot device understand that Kira perfers ranged battles in nearly every situation while Shinn increased his battle strength via melee (however weak you considered his opponents it still advances the progression of fighting in that style and the comfortability level he shows using that style which he also imployed vs. Freedom in addition to DESTROY)...

Yzak's plateau ends or peaks at the hieght of his anger, while Shinn's plateau hightens and increases expedentially based on his anger...When he's ridiculously mad he snaps into a new level of fighter(While Yzak is proven to get flustered the angrier he gets)...Yzak seems to me to be the type who has always been angry and jealous from early on...He has become far more subdued at this point in the C.E. universe...Shinn had no such problems considering he was given IMPULSE even despite coming in second to Rey...While he is an angry kid who wants to protect that never was the base for his personality (Even with his love ones dead his anger for that isn't on the same level as his SEED anger)...While it seems to me Yzak has always been an angry SOB which is clearly shown early on in SEED...Where I am going with this is that Yzak's capacity for improvement seems to go hand in hand with his lack of self control and anger...Since he operates from a base of anger he can't ever get angry enuff to excel to that next level, that SEED level...

Good hearted characters like Kira and Athrun exceled to SEED because their capacity for anger is a total diverge from their base personalities...Kira going SEED for the first time angered from the lost of innocent lives and later in the Desert arc berzerker-SEED inwhich killing became quite easy for him...Athrun going SEED from his bitter anger at Kira for losing a cherished friend also shows that diverge...Yzak operates from a base of anger inwhich he'll never get so mad that he taps into a heightened state because he's always a bit mad...Shinn on the other hand is the first SEED fighter to tap into this hightened state based upon a more potent anger (Kira and Athrun no longer need to become angry to tap into this)...His anger is almost the lifeblood of his SEED mode which turns out to be a total contrast...

It doesn't matter to me Yzak's battle experience because never has he been asked to do what Shinn has done which is dominate under the team concept and be responsible for the lives of basically his entire crew...It's one thing to fight as a team member of all dope Coordies with no one to protect (Proactively assaulting) than to be a fighter who has to consider the well-being of his entire crew during every battle (proactively defending) and doesn't have the freedom to operate outside the concept of time-constraints based on the Minerva's plight...

Shinn has a higher potential for fighting than Yzak and with his SEED abilities trump Yzak who wouldn't necessarily trump Shinn in normal mode..Obvioulsy Shinn's Gundam would effect the outcome because Zaku Phantom ain't beating DESTINY but given a transpose of Yzak's fighting with a new generation fighter in DEUL a series ago Shinn has shown to have a better aptitude and adaptability for fighting in his Gundam...Yes it was specially designed for him, but I can't see Yzak having the same Impact and calm demenor despite his anger that Shinn routinely exhibits in IMPULSE atleast...

In a 1 vs. 1 encounter I believe Shinn presents far more intangible and unpredictable qualities than Yzak does...and even if Shinn were to engage Yzak in a head-on, blitz-metality he has proven to be more susecessful in these situations which would seem to be Yzak's biggest strength...With Yzak has in battle experience and skill Shinn atleast equates in quality and hightened ability and it is proven that Shinn's anger is his most potent ability, while Yzak's anger is a deterent for him to the point where Yzak fails...

In my conclusion, Shinn wins...
Note this analysis says nothing about extendeds...
__________________
Fly since ...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2006-06-01 at 05:50.
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 01:14   Link #77
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
@SNT1 like I'm scared to debate you?? XD Out of everyone your posts are by far the weakest...C'mon now...Make a thread on our debate if you dare...and we'll see how my backdown abilities work...Gimme a break, if you were VCV or 4tran or somebody maybe I'd flinch, but you??

What is that the final f*cking blow or something?? o_O;;

So my whole friken debate is based on that?? IYIYIII... Reading is fundamental...Once again I'll post my indepth Shinn Vs. Yzak analysis...If you want a debate then wrap your soul around it...
LoLz. A joke, nothing personal.

The problem with that analysis was it was hard to understand. At least for me. Let's not forget that "No response" doesn't mean compliance with you. You eventually posted up a couple of scenarios detailing Shin's exploits. That's what sparked the rest of the debate. Your fundamental analysis of both characters were really nothing different than what was already stated.

The only meaningful point I got out of it was Shin can activate his SEED mode with anger while Yzak gets angry and loses his rational fighting ability. Than you insist that Shin is on par with Yzak without Seed mode so therefore with SEED mode, Yzak will be inferior. Which isn't very different from my initial point about Shin having seed mode and is able to exceed Yzak.

I fundamentally believe this. However, you did not prove (nor can I for that matter) that Yzak is equal to Shin without SEED Mode. I think the contenders on Yzak's side is claiming that Yzak without SEED Mode can fight on par with Shin with SEED mode.

All that anger arguements might not work as well anymore. Yzak is no longer the same hotheaded person he was in SEED. He seems to only get mad around Athrun and sometimes Eternal. He fights with a cool head now a days. Shin isn't the intelligent type to rouse anger in people. I suspec that this isn't a Kira-Rey or Kira-Rau fight where talking will change the outcome of a fight.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 01:20   Link #78
arankar84
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
I voted Yzak coz the guy is more badass and cooler character than Shinn and i like Duel more than Impulse/Destiny.
Nothing for me to point out between those two guys coz others has done in depth analysis in here bout those two characters.
arankar84 is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 01:20   Link #79
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
LoLz. A joke, nothing personal.
All that anger arguements might not work as well anymore. Yzak is no longer the same hotheaded person he was in SEED. He seems to only get mad around Athrun and sometimes Eternal. He fights with a cool head now a days. Shin isn't the intelligent type to rouse anger in people. I suspec that this isn't a Kira-Rey or Kira-Rau fight where talking will change the outcome of a fight.
I did note that Yzak is more subdued now, especially from SEED...But I doubt he could ever get more angry than his base personality from SEED to ever produce a SEED break..But that's just IMO...

I do think Shinn's ability to ignore or not engage in anytype of persuasive back and forth does give him an advantage in a way (Unless it's his own teamate), but it is one thing I dispise about GSD in general and that is the lack of truley great dialouge bewteen the pilots will battling...Something SEED provided...

Well I thought my analysis was pretty indepth and provided some clear seperation, but I'm me...I wonder what confuses you so?
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline  
Old 2006-06-01, 01:26   Link #80
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I did note that Yzak is more subdued now, especially from SEED...But I doubt he could ever get more angry than his base personality from SEED to ever produce a SEED break..But that's just IMO...

I do think Shinn's ability to ignore or not engage in anytype of persuasive back and forth does give him an advantage in a way (Unless it's his own teamate), but it is one thing I dispise about GSD in general and that is the lack of truley great dialouge bewteen the pilots will battling...Something SEED provided...

Well I thought my analysis was pretty indepth and provided some clear seperation, but I'm me...
I completely agree with you. I doubt Yzak has the genetic capability to go to SEED. He has many chances but the fact that he never has suggests he may not be capable. But despite that, other side's argument seems to imply that Yzak even without SEED is equal or greater than Shin with his SEED mode.

Talking during battle is easily ignored in mobile suits I imagine. Just turn off radio . I doubt Yzak will let Shin talk "shit" but neither are the type to talk much in battle short of cursing at themselves. As stated before, they arn't kira-rey-rau philosophers in battle.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.