AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-05-31, 08:27   Link #1
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Strange NAT problem with Azureus

I get the no green smilies problem with Azureus and I just can't seem to get rid of it.

I have set a static IP-adress for myself and I have the port forwarding done correctly. I also tried encrypted transportation but it didn't help. I also tried disabling my software firewall, but once again, it did not help.

Another problem that I've noticed long ago but that I have ignored until now is, that whenever Azureus is running it will randomly terminate and re-establish my internet connection to anything else than peers I'm downloading from. The downloads continue uninterrupted but nothing else works when it happens.

My ISP is not on the list of bad ISPs in Azureus Wiki and I'm behind a Zyxels Prestige 660H Series router.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 17:47   Link #2
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Have you tried a selection of different clients to rule out problems with either the network or the Azureus software itself? If not I suggest you do. If it works, obviously the problem is with Azureus, in which case try reinstalling it. If not your network might be at fault (though that is harder to "prove"), in which case we'll have to think of a few tests you can do over the network to locate the actual problem.

Given you say "Azureus [...] randomly terminate[s]", I'm thinking it might need removing and reinstalling -- or your system might have a more fundamental problem with Java or... well the list is endless. Try a different client first (even if you never intend to use it long term).
Old 2006-06-01, 20:26   Link #3
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I just noticed that my download speed wasn't taking off with Azureus at all. It was at 0 for a few minutes, then rose to 1-2kb/s and then it went down again and it kept going like that for a good while. It was not like this before and I think it might actually be the result of me trying to solve the NAT problem. I can't come up with any other explanation.

Anyway, I'm right now trying BitTornado and while the smiley, or in this case, the orb, is still yellow, my download speed is much more normal. I guess Java is at least not my problem.

*edit* I found some UPnP settings for my router and clicked them on and I just got a green orb on BitTornado! I'm going to try Azureus next.

*edit2* Hmm, Azureus still showed no signs of improvment. I guess I'll play around with it more tomorrow.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote