AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 02:10   Link #561
winter45

@Rakusukira and monster

Im more inclined to think that she is both a plot device and a plothole character. Disagree with me if you will but thats my take on it.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:10   Link #562
rakusukira

i like how meeting Kira seemed to have changed Lacus, and Kira thinks it's the other way around
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 12:47   Link #563
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Lacus Clyne is a fictional character and thus everything about her is fictional

...even at the genetic level, her hair color is FICTIONAL.!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 17:57   Link #564
Charred Knight

I don't consider her a plot hole (what plot hole does she open or close) character or a plot device, she may not be the most developed character, but she certainly has feelings, and some depth to her.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 21:05   Link #565
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I don't consider her a plot hole (what plot hole does she open or close) character or a plot device, she may not be the most developed character, but she certainly has feelings, and some depth to her.
i strongly agree
Old 2011-12-12, 21:10   Link #566
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
As for my personal opinion of her barring my extreme bias for Fllay

GSD ruined her character by not giving her an internal conflict. Lacus was JUST THERE, never really contributing much. I remember to expect her to speak out and verbally just destroy Meer's credibility, but I didn't get it. She should've shown at the very least, displeasure over her existence, but she didn't.

in SEED sorry snipy I know I have a liking for her, but by Destiny I dread what has happened to her.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:11   Link #567
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
She should've shown at the very least, displeasure over her existence, but she didn't.
It's Lacus's character why she didn't. She probably that Meer is just being used and a victim as well. Lacus's appearance was enough to humiliate Meer and her existence.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:24   Link #568
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!

Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
It's Lacus's character why she didn't. She probably that Meer is just being used and a victim as well. Lacus's appearance was enough to humiliate Meer and her existence.
Her appearance just caused confusion. It'd be more helpful if she explained why she was in Orb, make use of her real situation to clarify to the people that she isn't meant to be used in such a fashion. If she really was humble and all, she'd tell PLANT that she isn't the figure they make her to be.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:43   Link #569
NoemiChan
Banned

The confusion was a started as a result of Lacus's sudden disappearance (probably without notice) after GS giving way to Meer's appearance in GSD.

If Lacus continous to exist in PLANT, the war in GSD would have been avoided, but it may continue as well because of possibilities of her liquidation.
Old 2011-12-12, 23:41   Link #570
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Both genjichan and aeriolewinters have a point. Lacus' disappearance does causes confusion, and when real-Lacus appeared in Orb, it causes even more confusion as real Lacus didnít clearly explain the situation during the broadcast.

As for me, Lacusí function in SEED universe was to be a holy maiden most of the time. She was pictured as a flawless character (although she lacks character to begin with). Always beautiful, always dignified, can be a leader when it needed, guarded by bishounens and never got killed. If I should draw a comparison, her character is similar to Saori Kido/Athena from Saint Seiya. Only, Athena canít sing.
Old 2011-12-13, 02:29   Link #571
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Lacus' disappearance does causes confusion
That statement doesn't make any sense. Lacus simply decided to stay out of the spotlight; there is nothing confusing about that. The only confusion here is when the public is presented with two people who look like Lacus.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 06:59   Link #572
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That statement doesn't make any sense. Lacus simply decided to stay out of the spotlight; there is nothing confusing about that. The only confusion here is when the public is presented with two people who look like Lacus.
I'm sorry, maybe I should say Lacus' disappearance along with her family declared as a traitor to PLANT by ZAFT that causes quite a confusion and uproar. Since then, Lacus has been 'missing' from PLANT, right? Was there a cover-up story cooked by ZAFT/PLANT about her? I can't remember. You're welcomed to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2011-12-13, 07:12   Link #573
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm sorry, maybe I should say Lacus' disappearance along with her family declared as a traitor to PLANT by ZAFT that causes quite a confusion and uproar. Since then, Lacus has been 'missing' from PLANT, right? Was there a cover-up story cooked by ZAFT/PLANT about her? I can't remember. You're welcomed to correct me if I'm wrong.
There was no need for a cover up. The Zala administration which branded Lacus a traitor is no longer in charge by the end of SEED. So Lacus is no longer considered a traitor, especially by the Durandal administration.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 09:14   Link #574
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
The confusion was a started as a result of Lacus's sudden disappearance (probably without notice) after GS giving way to Meer's appearance in GSD.

If Lacus continous to exist in PLANT, the war in GSD would have been avoided, but it may continue as well because of possibilities of her liquidation.
If Lacus continued to reside in PLANT after GS, her life would surely have been in greater danger. Durrandal wanted to assassinate Lacus because he knew from the very start that she will NEVER go by his Destiny Plan. Her staying in PLANT would have made her susceptible for the kill (because her bishounens won't be there to protect her).

Although that scenario would have made the story more interesting. As much as I love the Kira and Lacus pairing, I found it unusual for them to live together at such an early age. But I guess it was Kira who decided to stay by Lacus' side by staying at the orphanage with her (it's rather sad how Kira didn't continue to live with his adoptive mother)
Old 2011-12-21, 21:25   Link #575
Washu-Chan