AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 228 77.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 13.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 5.80%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.68%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-06, 15:30   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Who's the person that continuously gives this show a one on the poll (he/she is all alone in that regard, lol)? It's obvious they don't even watch because even haters of the series can't NOT like this one -___-
well for ep 10, it was someone nicked "Jenny" who has a total of six posts to her name and all of them in Bleach or the Mai-xxxx series.

So I think you can safely assume it is someone annoyed by the harsh light this series casts on lesser series

... or someone who doesn't understand the rating system.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 15:39   Link #122
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Just saw the episode (subbed). I didn't notice it before in the raws, but Canada gets an honourable mention(not once, but a few times) by Haruhi .

Go Canada!

Too bad Ryoko didn't move to Canada
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 15:52   Link #123
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Wow! This was the best episode ever imo!

Really loved the grown up Mikuru *falls in love*
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"

Last edited by martino; 2006-06-06 at 16:03.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 15:57   Link #124
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
The worst-case scenario that I can think of actually would be another shuffle (although very unlikely) which would stick Snow Mountain for example into one of the final eps. I doubt that though... they should save a few of the critical tales for perhaps another season. Bamboo leaf would be a huge spoiler to the series so that hopefully will be saved for later.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 15:57   Link #125
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Moscow
Age: 25
Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Who's the person that continuously gives this show a one on the poll (he/she is all alone in that regard, lol)? It's obvious they don't even watch because even haters of the series can't NOT like this one -___-
Apart from the possible reasons pointed above , i would assume , that ... he did it to get noticed? If so , then I say it was a success.
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:06   Link #126
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
You know what's funny...it kinda bugs me

Spoiler for Mikuru's actions:
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:12   Link #127
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
You know what's funny...it kinda bugs me

Spoiler for Mikuru's actions:
You'll see why at the end of the series, its for Kyon's sake, the sake of humanity, the sake of the world and the sake of the universe lol.

Mikuru is a tragic character, shes not allowed to fall in love, especially with Kyon.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:13   Link #128
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Rider's Arms
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I agree with you martino ... or at least upon reflection and when she matures she notices that she loves Kyon, but she also knows that they are doomed to be apart.

I mean, it kinda looks like she wants to kiss him but then changes her mind :\
__________________

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:25   Link #129
Julius Firefocht
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Man, I have nothing to say. No words can convey the greatness of this episode. My only regret is that I am unable to rate this episode 20 out of 10 in the poll.

That battle that Yuki fought in was simply fabulous. And yes, adult Mikuru nearly gave me a heart attack. She is just so beautiful!

KyoAni has entered into the ranks of truly great studios with this one!
__________________
In the eternal service of Her Most Holy God-Empress, Suzumiya Haruhi and Primarch Fate Testarossa Harlaown of the Blood Angels Legion.
~~~~~
We are armored by the Empress Herself.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:41   Link #130
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Mikuru is a tragic character, shes not allowed to fall in love, especially with Kyon.

or at least upon reflection and when she matures she notices that she loves Kyon, but she also knows that they are doomed to be apart.
These words are painful *cries*
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:48   Link #131
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Yes this show may look extremely positive and genki, but underneath we have tragic and sad stories.

Haruhi, Kyon and Mikuru deserves our pity.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:53   Link #132
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
WAIT! before any of you say that Mikuru is a tragic character?

Did Kyon's interference with Mikuru's pictures changed future events that lead to that adult Mikuru scene? I was thinking Kyon noticed the star shape mole while looking at the Mikuru pictures he saved, and in retrospect, what would be the effect if Haruhi posted those pics on the net?

I just saw the subs by the way and I have no manga resource.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:58   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Yes this show may look extremely positive and genki, but underneath we have tragic and sad stories.

Haruhi, Kyon and Mikuru deserves our pity.
Bah!
While everyone feels sorry for the screen-hogs,(I mean it in the most polite sense) Yuki quietly saves the universe over and over again... Yet Kyon, the only person she seemed to connect to at a personal level, still doesn't pay as much attention to her as she deserves.

Damn it, Kyon! I demand you to take her to Sci-Fi novel conventions as your date! You owe your life to her!
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 16:58   Link #134
Suiseiseki
どうぞ ★ヽ(ー` )ノ
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connoisseur of Fine Doll Joints and Miko Armpits
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
You'll see why at the end of the series, its for Kyon's sake, the sake of humanity, the sake of the world and the sake of the universe lol.

Mikuru is a tragic character, shes not allowed to fall in love, especially with Kyon.
If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Suiseiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:00   Link #135
Julius Firefocht
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Two things.

First of all, it's Haruhi, not Haruri. Suzumiya Haruhi.

Secondly, you must end all your sentences with "desu".

That is all.
__________________
In the eternal service of Her Most Holy God-Empress, Suzumiya Haruhi and Primarch Fate Testarossa Harlaown of the Blood Angels Legion.
~~~~~
We are armored by the Empress Herself.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:01   Link #136
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
Everyone in the SOS Brigade has their own untold burden on their back (Kyon has it better in some ways by being able to express this through his words although he has no one to share his frustrations with...) The fun and game become a must in order to cope with all that. The melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is shared by all parties involved, although each with a variation. Koizumi's own internal feelings will come forth, if only a little in the Day of Sagittarius to round out the roll and Haruhi's by the end of Yuutsu.

I feel most terrible for Kyon. He sees all of this, unable to actually vent out all that frustration to a living person, having no backdrop of 'great' power to sustain him really, having to keep secrets as well because he has become a fulcrum. His greatest power, the power of his perspective and his narriation impacts only us and not so much his surrounding.

Nagato's lonliness and boredom in observing events and retaining memory of it all (for her literally an epoch worth of observation) goes untold... and incomprehensible to others.

Koizumi has alot to hide under that smile of his. The fact that he had to be one of the espers that out of the blue, had to think of what is reality and moreover, what to believe in...

Haruhi's... that will come soon.

All of this forces the parties to conclude that the only reality worth believing is that they are members of the SOS Brigade and the interest of the Brigade ultimately is the metric to all events that are tossed at them.,
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:03   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Bah!
While everyone feels sorry for the screen-hogs,(I mean it in the most polite sense) Yuki quietly saves the universe over and over again... Yet Kyon, the only person she seemed to connect to at a personal level, still doesn't pay as much attention to her as she deserves.

Damn it, Kyon! I demand you to take her to Sci-Fi novel conventions as your date! You owe your life to her!
lol yes Yuki is tragic because shes lonely

Even Itsuki is tragic lol, he's been giving weird impressions to everyone lol

About the whole adult Mikuru/Kyon and pics deal, you'll learn that its a time paradox, double time paradox even.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:06   Link #138
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki
If Kyon and Mikuru aren't able to hook up because of Haruri, then I really hate Haruri now. I was starting to like Haruri, too.
Actually, the main reason why they can't hook up is because Adult Mikuru didn't hook up with Kyon. It's inferred that she hadn't seen him for a long while, likely because she returned to her own space-time.

Since the Adult Mikuru that visited Kyon and offered a vital clue to him didn't hook up with Kyon, if Kyon hooked up with teenage Mikuru a time paradox will occur.

Quote:
About the whole adult Mikuru/Kyon and pics deal, you'll learn that its a time paradox, double time paradox even.
That business with the mole on her breast isn't that bad a paradox, since it's self-contained. But for Mikuru to date Kyon when the adult Mikuru didn't, would likely cause the universe to implode.

Thus, it's not that Haruhi prevented the relationship, but that time-travelling demands certain rules be followed. The teenage Mikuru has no idea that Adult Mikuru had visited, likely for the same reason.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:09   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Yes even though Mikuru looks so helpless, she deeply affects the core of the plot.

Also, we can't hate Haruhi lol

This story is so good because the web which the characters' relations has created is so intricated and complex, once you fall in, you can't get out of it. You won't want to get out lol
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-06, 17:12   Link #140
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: A town that has been showered by snow...
Age: 28
Even Mikuru (jr) recognizes that she cannot be close to Kyon...

Imagine Kyon's situation if we, as observers already feel this way. He as the trigger and the key is both powerless and the most critical element as the same time.
__________________

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori


panzerfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.