AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-30, 04:09   Link #21
NeoSam

Volume 6 of the manga got out yesterday
Here its cover:

Old 2006-06-30, 12:47   Link #22
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Volume 6 of the manga got out yesterday
Here its cover:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8168/vol67kf.jpg
I'm still on volume 4. I've given up on the scanlations and I'm reading it myself in japanese, but it takes me a while do to my poor japanese knowledge. I think this series would have turned me into an imouto-con if I didn't have a real sister. But I do, so I know what it's really like.

Anyway, I'm looking foward to the anime. Though I'm trying not to expect anything from it. Too many series that haven't lived up to my expectations recently.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:31   Link #23
Seiryuu

Chocotto Sister anime will be ecchi. I'd bet money on it. The story can survive without it, but there's too much there, they'd have to alter everything severely. After all, the guy's living next to an eternal drunk who enjoys nothing better than showing off her well-endowed body, removing any obstacles in the way, except of course for comparing her body to others, with a somewhat hands-on approach.
I think this'll be one of the anime that have beautiful stories of romance, drama, etc., that no one notices because all they see is the fanservice. Especially since there'll probably be a good deal of loli service, both due to Choco's innocent lack of inhibition and the inappropriate tips in her guidebook. A small example of what sort of stuff you can expect:
Spoiler for events from manga:

I'm looking forward to this. Too bad it seems to be an MF production.
NOTE: The title of the series is Chocotto Sister, not Chokotto. The anime's homepage romanizes the name several times.
PS: does anyone know if a trailer is available?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 13:53   Link #24
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
yes, I'm pretty much expecting the inappropriate bits
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 14:18   Link #25
philip72

From what I've read so far in the sanlations, there's no real incest theme, with the exception of Chokotto possibly having a small crush on her older brother, but definately nothing serious.
Her brother is very much in love with a fully grown, adult woman.
It's actually a really sweet story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I think this series would have turned me into an imouto-con if I didn't have a real sister. But I do, so I know what it's really like.
My real life sisters are my penicillin against Imouto-Con and Onee-San-Con.
I think those con's are only actually held by those without female siblings.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-07, 15:08   Link #26
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
NOTE: The title of the series is Chocotto Sister, not Chokotto. The anime's homepage romanizes the name several times.
PS: does anyone know if a trailer is available?
Don't take the romanization as 'official'. There are a lot of non-standard romanizations from official sources. Remember, unless the person is a translator, they don't have to deal with romanization in their daily life, so they can't really be expected to know which is more common. Both Chokotto and Chocotto would be correct, but the ko spelling is more typical. Unless, of course, the word in question comes from a foreign word with a c. That's why you'll usually see lolicon instead of rorikon, even though both would technically be correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
My real life sisters are my penicillin against Imouto-Con and Onee-San-Con.
I think those con's are only actually held by those without female siblings.
Yes, only those without sisters can have such a complex. The rest of us know better and are immune.
Old 2006-07-07, 22:44   Link #27
Seiryuu

I realize that terms are generally romanized with the "k". I was merely stating that the producers of the anime, who set up and maintain the site http://www.chocosis.com, have a right to choose what the official name of their production and all characters held within are, both English and Japanese, until they sell that right to foreigners. In other words, unless someone here buys it and gives it a new name, its official name is "Chocotto Sister".
This is not anything new, admittedly. I'd mentioned to a few people that in "My HiME", Akane's Child's name was "HURRY" rather than "HARRY". Not only was it named thus on the production's home page but, more importantly, the manga specifically identifies the name as being the English word hurry.
I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm just saying that the producers have the right to decide the show's title, and its translation if they so choose, no matter how silly it sounds.
I'll admit, though, "Chokotto" looks better to me.
Old 2006-07-08, 00:25   Link #28
Decel

Geh? Akane has a child?

The Chocosis didn't air yet did it?
Old 2006-07-08, 01:25   Link #29
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

It airs on July 11th, 4 days from now.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 02:00   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, I'm just saying that the producers have the right to decide the show's title, and its translation if they so choose, no matter how silly it sounds.
The only problem is that you're presuming the logical thing - that the producers sat down, considered their options, decided that Chocotto would be the official spelling, and then informed everyone else of this decision and purchased the domain name/designed the site accordingly. Seems reasonable, but if history's any teacher, don't be surprised at all if you see official merchandise with the alternate spelling (just as there is official "My-HiME" merchandise with "Mai-HiME" clearly written on it). I'm pretty sure that's what Kamui4356 meant by "don't take the romanization as 'official'". You're assuming that, because it's on the site, it must be the official name. History says that's more than you should expect, unfortunately. (That being said, I'll go against the grain and say that Choco -> Chocotto works for me. )

Oh, incidentally, this is one of the first series that I can remember where they released part of the OST before the show even started airing (in the form of that Under Chocotto Sister FILE CD - looks like they're being released monthly). They also have an image song and a bit of drama on there, and I liked the way things sound. All the character voices worked for me and the BGM sounds pretty nice. The first press CD also came with a little tiny (doll-sized?) Chocosis shirt. Anyway, looking forward to the show. As someone else with "real-life" sisters, I'd have to agree that this show is more cute curiosity than complex but, above all, it's fun.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-08, 09:34   Link #31
passin'gass
Cropduster

I'm still stuck on ch.29 of the manga
Spoiler:
am really looking forward to the anime version, which i expect to be less ecchi just like what they did with Magikano.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 15:34   Link #32
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2006-07-11, 16:16   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Superb!

That's the only way to describe the first episode of this series when compared to other first episodes of other serieses tagged with romance theme. The production value alone leaves most of them behind compared to this one. I have thoroughly enjoyed this episode and I am sure I won't be the only one.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 19:59   Link #34
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Seems reasonable, but if history's any teacher, don't be surprised at all if you see official merchandise with the alternate spelling

Lol, absolutely right.

I think the vast majority of producers don't even make much of a distinction between "L" and "R", or "C" and "K". They just use what they use and are often inconsistent internally even. (its hard to decide about something if you don't recognize the decision as having any significance)

There's no point in being overly precise about it, imo. The real name of the series is "ちょこっとSister" and unless someone licenses it there is no official name in english orthography, so you can transliterate it however you like.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-11, 20:08   Link #35
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Hmmm, I haven't read the manga but I just watched the first episode of the anime. It seems like they're trying to make it an ecchi + sweet anime at the same time. I dunno if that works though. I mean, it's his sister, but is it really his sister? Are they actually related? I'm so confused...

First impressions here.
Old 2006-07-11, 22:31   Link #36
Seiryuu

Got the ep. Wow.
I'm not entirely sure about the voices, and that sequence of dance snapshots in the OP frankly scared me, but I still loved it. No doubt about it, someone WILL fansub this. It's just too irresistible. I don't know who, or when, but it will happen. I probably won't care, though, since I know enough nihongo to keep track of it.
I believe my suspicions have been confirmed, there will DEFINITELY be a LOT of lolicon fanservice and ecchi slapstick comedy going on. The opening sequence even includes the nude apron! Looks like it'll hold well to the story too. I agree with Monir, Chocotto Sister is absolutely superb.
Note: I understand that the name of a website and other such things has little meaning, and I agree that the manga is ちょこっとSister. However, since the romaji is in the actual show, I'm sticking with it until someone licenses it(like such extreme loli comedy is likely to get licensed). Not a matter of official names or correctness, just personal preference.
To froinlaven: She is his legitimate sister, that's the very nature of her existence, but since she was made and given by Santa, rather than his mother, blood relations are open for debate. Both from the show and what I've seen in the manga, I doubt there's going to be too much serious incestual romance going on, aside from the problem of dealing with a possible brother complex/crush, though there's obviously going to be some sexual tension, in part at least for humor's sake. Think Please Twins + Love Hina, with the girls' ages cut in half.
Old 2006-07-12, 08:34   Link #37
DaFool
Resident devil

When I skimmed through the scanlated manga, I thought "meh" another wish-fulfilment anime.

But as soon as the first ep started playing, from the OP nonstop to the end I was amazed. The chamber music: excellent; the production values: decent to moderately good; but most importantly the feeling in the direction: wow. It rivals the best magic-girlfriend intros like A!MG and Chobits. Because Chokotto is just too damn cute. Now all of you with real-life little sisters can attest that they can be the most annoying brats this side of the galaxy, but for the rest, aaaaawwwwsoommeee.

It just had the 'it' factor, moe / incest notwithstanding (since it has tons of similar competitors anyway)
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 19:00   Link #38
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by passin'gass
I'm still stuck on ch.29 of the manga
Spoiler:
am really looking forward to the anime version, which i expect to be less ecchi just like what they did with Magikano.
The group doing it finished off volume 4. I think it's ok to mention the group doing the manga, but I'm not 100% sure, so I'll refrain. It's really tempting to download the scanlations, as the manga doesn't even have furigana, except for the first appearence of a name in a chapter.
Old 2006-07-13, 03:47   Link #39
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Old 2006-07-19, 13:16   Link #40
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Some screencaps for Episode 2

monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, ecchi, nomad, romance, seinen, slice of life