AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the original series and Z get reaniminated
Yes, let's get a petition rolling 35 81.40%
No, leave the past where it is 8 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-07, 01:43   Link #21
Child_of_Sierra

"gundams that don't deserve to be called that"

That statement really puzzles me, care to explain?
What is it that the gundams in the older series lacks that they don't deserve to be called ones?

Ah to stay on topic: Tv series, ova, or movie even a condensed version of all the events would do it for me I just want it reanimated cause most younger ones get turned off with the old animation before they appreciate the story of such a great series.

Last edited by Child_of_Sierra; 2006-06-07 at 01:53.
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 01:46   Link #22
Scorch

I'd love to see the original MSG reanimated, as long as they deleted the salt episode It wasn't as bad as Moon-Moon from ZZ, but still.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 01:52   Link #23
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Child of Sierra that's called flame-bait...Don't burn your teeth...He likes overpowered unrealistic suits like Freedom and Wing Zero and looks down on the earlier ones...Now asthetically I love those suits too, but the Gundams of the past is what started it all and I respect that...Double Zeta (Which for some reason doesn't get alot of hype), Nu-Gundam, Psyco, and a few others (especially from 0083) are over-powered aswell and are still cool, yet somehow he refuses to acknowledge this...Getting back to Double Zeta for a minute that suit is a goddamn beast honestly yet it never really comes up in discussions when we talk about dope suits...
Old 2006-06-07, 01:52   Link #24
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
No. Stop fapping over the UC goddammit. Let's leave the afropuffs hairstyles in the past, people, as well as the gundams that don't deserve to be called that.
Dude I hear you about the fapping over UC stuff but as far as Gundams go, there are more Gundams in CE that don't deserve to be called Gundam. Chaos Abyss Gaia Savior...all fucking sucked and were a waste of time. Destiny wasn't used to its maximum, you could almost write it off as a souped up grunt suit if you wanted to given how Shinn got his ass kicked in it so many times.

UC Gundams were infamous in both enemy and ally camps and all those Zeon guys were shitting their pants when Amuro showed up to play. The only Gundam anyone is afraid of in CE is Freedom.

A remake would probably make the UC Gundams a little more flashier and entertaining to watch, and that would turn me on to UC a little more. Now if they could rehash the story of Z and make it not move at a snail's pace and be so boring, maybe I would quit hating on it.

I don't know where you got that from dude. UC Gundams were pretty good for the most part. But I agree ppl need to stop living in 1985.

Also if there was a remake of MSG they should keep the original music. I think it would suck if it had all this newage technopop for theme songs (Maybe a new recording of the original songs, MSG would suck with TMRevolution doing the OP). And MSG had a great original score as it is. I don't think that should be changed.
Old 2006-06-07, 04:23   Link #25
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Also if there was a remake of MSG they should keep the original music. I think it would suck if it had all this newage technopop for theme songs (Maybe a new recording of the original songs, MSG would suck with TMRevolution doing the OP). And MSG had a great original score as it is. I don't think that should be changed.
The BGM played when the Gundam took down that first Zaku II with its beam saber is still one of my favorite BGMs.
Old 2006-06-07, 05:43   Link #26
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

A remix of the old BGMs might be ok, IMO it worked for FFVII and FFVII:advent children...
but NO! I want more 0080 and 0083 and Sentinel MGs! OYW must NOT take over the MG line!!!!! ><
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 09:52   Link #27
yamikage

If Sunrise were to do anything OYW again, at least let it be the MSG reanimation. Minor changes would be welcome for the plot but I agree: they should keep the soundtrack since it was already awesome to begin with. They should also keep the original MS/MA designs. They're gonna look sweet in new animation anyways. (Go Gouf!!!) An MSG remake might spark interest in the fans for the UC timeline.

As for Zeta, the movies were fine and enough so there's no need to reanimate it. Heck, TV Zeta's animation for the most part was better than Victory's. I wish they'd either go with the OYW remake or make another series again, if only at least to see if the UC timeline still sells. Crossbone, F91, heck, anything would do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
OYW must NOT take over the MG line!!!!! ><
Amen to that. They ought to make MGs for the titular Gundams whether they're popular or not. There are a ton of Zaku variations but not one attempt was made to make MGs for V, X or Turn A, even if only for a limited run.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 13:05   Link #28
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
OYW must NOT take over the MG line!!!!! ><
Like I told you: it already has! I don't like it any more than you do, but unfortunately the Japanese can't get over the OYW...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 15:43   Link #29
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Uh, MSG storyline with SEED-esque animation (not counting reused scenes)?

Yes please.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 23:34   Link #30
vblaze101

HELL YES!!!!! I'd love to see MSG reanimated.....something that's a hybrid of both the tv series and the compilation movies.....like an "Ultimate MSG." And even though I'd love to see Zeta reanimated in the same fashion (and believe me I sincerely would), because of the Zeta comp. movies, that kinda seems pointless....well at least for the time being.
vblaze101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 23:44   Link #31
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm totally wondering if Amuro Ray would be a Kira Yamato lookalike. I'm LOLing at the thought.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-07, 23:51   Link #32
yamikage

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I'm totally wondering if Amuro Ray would be a Kira Yamato lookalike. I'm LOLing at the thought.
No more Hisashi Hirai character designs, please!!

Zeta movies character designs were awesome. USE THEM.
yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 00:37   Link #33
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

if the orignal series was to be re-animated then there's hope for the gundam universe.

as for gundams that don't deserve to be called gundams lets see sf,ij, and suki.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 09:20   Link #34
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

If they would I hope they change quite a lot of things in the story. I don´t like the randomness of things and almost every single battle. They just happen and then Kamille forces the enemy to retreat (atleast one or two times - and after that he might kill them.).

It wouldn´t be bad to speed up the tempo either. Scrap Rosamia and redo Kamille and Four´s relationship. Actually I think most of the relationships regarding a man and a woman in Zeta should be redone. They don´t make much sense really.

Personally I prefer the character designs in SEED. So I would like that.

(I like Zeta but I must say I think people overrate it. It´s far from being the epic tale people call it. But I voted yes...)

And by the way. Why did Char take those three kids with him later on in the story?

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 10:11   Link #35
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
If they would I hope they change quite a lot of things in the story. I don´t like the randomness of things and almost every single battle. They just happen and then Kamille forces the enemy to retreat (atleast one or two times - and after that he might kill them.).

It wouldn´t be bad to speed up the tempo either. Scrap Rosamia and redo Kamille and Four´s relationship. Actually I think most of the relationships regarding a man and a woman in Zeta should be redone. They don´t make much sense really.
I agree, the random things that happen in Zeta (and some other UC shows) were a bit unsettling to watch. But changing the original shows by that much would be pointless in my opinion, it's better for them to make a whole new UC series altogether.
Quote:
And by the way. Why did Char take those three kids with him later on in the story?
Weren't they related to that AEUG leader that was assassinated? I guess they had no other people that Char could trust to take care of them. Oh wait, are you talking about some other kids? Because I only remember two of them. Anyways, I don't know why Tomino always insists on having children those age in his UC series, but oh well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 13:47   Link #36
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
I agree, the random things that happen in Zeta (and some other UC shows) were a bit unsettling to watch. But changing the original shows by that much would be pointless in my opinion, it's better for them to make a whole new UC series altogether.
Yeah. That´s true. Change too much and it isn´t Zeta anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Weren't they related to that AEUG leader that was assassinated? I guess they had no other people that Char could trust to take care of them. Oh wait, are you talking about some other kids? Because I only remember two of them. Anyways, I don't know why Tomino always insists on having children those age in his UC series, but oh well.
I don´t remember. Maybe they were, but in that case I must have missed that info. Suddenly the kids were just there.

My favourite is when the old geezers and geezerines (female geezers? ) have a strike inside the control room of the White Base. In Mobile Suit Gundam.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 15:10   Link #37
HEDGESMFG
Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
No. Stop fapping over the UC goddammit. Let's leave the afropuffs hairstyles in the past, people, as well as the gundams that don't deserve to be called that.

Okay, that does it.

The man asked a very legitmate question that other Gundam fans have often wondered about; would people like to see the original and Zeta series reanimated? What's wrong with that? It so happened to be about UC Gundam, well whoop-de-doo! You personally 'hate' that stuff, don't you? Yes, that now gives you the right to mindlessly troll and insult anybody who happens to talk about the shows that you 'hate' for whatever reason you may choose to! You get to be an asshole without consequence because, "YAY, IT'S THE INTERNET!"

I don't care what you like or dislike. I don't care why you like or dislike it. Your sole opinion over select parts of a single Japanese franchise does NOT define what's right and wrong, and it 'really' doesn't justify insulting people for bringing up discussion topics related to it. This board has recently started degrading into personal attacks to a very infuriating degree, and I find it to be quite pathetic. Think whatever you want about Gundam, that's fine, but people need to stop being so damned provokative about it.
HEDGESMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 15:39   Link #38
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
As long as they do it frame by frame.
agreed!!!!
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 22:56   Link #39
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

I would love to see it happen. But it must be true to the original storyline, or else.........
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 23:43   Link #40
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
Like I told you: it already has! I don't like it any more than you do, but unfortunately the Japanese can't get over the OYW...
with F-91 being released, I wouldnt say that as an absolute....
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote