AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-12-05, 02:35   Link #241
Wavedash
Mayo on everything
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
I can only hope whatever problems stand in the way of subbing this series go away soon. So many good shows this season are falling under the radar for this very reason.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 13:07   Link #242
Zappster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
No joke. I've been waiting for C1 to finish Poirot and Marple since it finished airing - in early 2005. No one's going to die.
Then you could be waiting forever since they don't sub it
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 13:12   Link #243
rooboy
Umeboshi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tejas
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
Then you could be waiting forever since they don't sub it
LOL! Good catch (can't believe I made that mistake, I must have been really tired). I'll go back and edit that now to more accurately reflect that FROTH BITE actually subs it.
__________________
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 14:45   Link #244
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I'm all set to continue subbing this, so if Shouta is good to go as well, expect another release fairly soon.
__________________
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 18:01   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
I'm all set to continue subbing this, so if Shouta is good to go as well, expect another release fairly soon.
Best news I've heard all day! Thanks.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 15:38   Link #246
Kridsadar_s
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: just came out hospital
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
I'm all set to continue subbing this, so if Shouta is good to go as well, expect another release fairly soon.

>>> >>> >>>>
Kridsadar_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:17   Link #247
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Hey gang I just finished QC'ing Mamoru01 for ToyBox. I expect a release to follow soon.

This is my first exposure to the series, and overall it sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to helping release more episodes.
__________________
Webmaster of Shin-Getter.net and ToyBoxfansubs.com

Bot Provider for #shin-getter, #toybox and #huzzah

Need a bot? Ask me and we'll talk.
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 00:39   Link #248
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Hey gang I just finished QC'ing Mamoru01 for ToyBox. I expect a release to follow soon.

This is my first exposure to the series, and overall it sounds pretty interesting. I look forward to helping release more episodes.
omg thats very good news to me.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 10:58   Link #249
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Vulture subbers -_-

If you wanted to do the series, you should have done it when it was new.
__________________
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 11:27   Link #250
dipe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
well, finally things start moving, and we've gained another group interested in this beautiful anime.
I don't know why RaistlinMajere is upset, but by my side (only a anime fan) it isn't a bad thing that toybox started to sub megadere (the more the better, i think that with more groups we have more possibilities to complete it. I'm not talking about quality etc.)
dipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 12:42   Link #251
relentlessflame
Administrator
*AnimeSuki Site Staff
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipe View Post
I don't know why RaistlinMajere is upset...
Well, it'd be quite clear and obvious to you if you'd only read more of the thread - even the last page or two would be fine, and you'd get it. Given the circumstances, the way it was announced here was, at the very least, a bit tacky and a heck of a bad case of bad timing ("One of the subbers is very sick", "better now, starting soon", (next day) "hey guys, we're starting now", "...")... But alas, there seems to be a conspiracy in this thread to not read...

In any case, hopefully we can just move on and get back to the show. I'm glad you're feeling better, Raist, and hope things stay that way for you. Health >>> fansubbing.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 13:50   Link #252
Zappster
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
And what's to say Toybox didn't start on this show when it first came out and had their own problems releasing it? Funny you should mention reading the thread... since he didn't actually say they were starting now. Now maybe they did start very recently but it's not as clear as you made out.

I don't really get the problem either. It's not like they jumped in at episode 2+. They're starting at the beginning and working their way up, at least that's what I'm getting from reading Supersonic's post. It's fair game for anyone to jump in from the beginning IMO, regardless of how long it's taken them to do so.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 14:24   Link #253
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Vulture subbers -_-

If you wanted to do the series, you should have done it when it was new.
LOL! well lets have a race...which ever group can sub the fastest wins!
ready...set...GO!!!
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:10   Link #254
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Fastest? No... It's about quality. Problem is that most of these newer groups don't know that.
__________________
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:28   Link #255
dkellis
illusion control
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
It's like every show I like will, inevitably, be victim to meta-fandom Drama.

A question: have we ever heard Kikukawa's full name?
__________________
Damien Kellis (LJ)(anime blog)
The Genderswap Archive Of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Seitenkan FAQ of Haruhi Suzumiya
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 16:59   Link #256
Crafty_Shadow
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Fastest? No... It's about quality. Problem is that most of these newer groups don't know that.
Now that was uncalled for. I am the founder of ToyBox, and I do a fair amount of all the work on a release. I always strive to get the best possible quality. Just saying such a random line " 'cause they're new " is rude to say the least.

If you are going to sub it yourself, by all means, do so. I, however, don't do this to compete. I do it because I like the anime, and would like to see it subbed. Although ToyBox itself is a new group, I have quite some experience with fansubbing, and now I even have a great staff to help me out. So we'll be giving our best in this series.

PS. Episode one released, two to follow shortly.
Crafty_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 17:05   Link #257
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Fastest? No... It's about quality. Problem is that most of these newer groups don't know that.
yupers i totaly agree with you its quality is better then speed.sure you got things done but the big that would make the big cut is quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty_Shadow View Post
Now that was uncalled for. I am the founder of ToyBox, and I do a fair amount of all the work on a release. I always strive to get the best possible quality. Just saying such a random line " 'cause they're new " is rude to say the least.

If you are going to sub it yourself, by all means, do so. I, however, don't do this to compete. I do it because I like the anime, and would like to see it subbed. Although ToyBox itself is a new group, I have quite some experience with fansubbing, and now I even have a great staff to help me out. So we'll be giving our best in this series.

PS. Episode one released, two to follow shortly.

Well i am very gladed to hear you guys release and doing this anime as a project i like to say thank you for doing this i no its going to take time but i no your guys sub will be great just download your guys Mamoru eps going to go watch it after down torrent it.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 17:13   Link #258
ccardoso
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaistlinMajere View Post
Fastest? No... It's about quality. Problem is that most of these newer groups don't know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
yupers i totaly agree with you its quality is better then speed.sure you got things done but the big that would make the big cut is quality.
It isn't written anywhere that newer groups make shitty works... it's only common place of the two noobs above.
CoreMaster you say "quality is better than speed"... oh do you like cool sentences? Too bad that it's possible to have both, groups like Dattebayo shows clearly that.
Don't you two feel ashamed because of the idiotic things you wrote? We're on a public forum where adult people read, not a primary school full of kids.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 19:49   Link #259
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
It isn't written anywhere that newer groups make shitty works... it's only common place of the two noobs above.
CoreMaster you say "quality is better than speed"... oh do you like cool sentences? Too bad that it's possible to have both, groups like Dattebayo shows clearly that.
Don't you two feel ashamed because of the idiotic things you wrote? We're on a public forum where adult people read, not a primary school full of kids.
i totaly forgot that fansubers can do both sorry in fact i hae seen few of them do both.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 19:54   Link #260
belpegor
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: somewhere in cyberspace
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty_Shadow View Post
Now that was uncalled for. I am the founder of ToyBox, and I do a fair amount of all the work on a release. I always strive to get the best possible quality. Just saying such a random line " 'cause they're new " is rude to say the least.

If you are going to sub it yourself, by all means, do so. I, however, don't do this to compete. I do it because I like the anime, and would like to see it subbed. Although ToyBox itself is a new group, I have quite some experience with fansubbing, and now I even have a great staff to help me out. So we'll be giving our best in this series.

PS. Episode one released, two to follow shortly.
Well said partner some fans dont recognize our sacrifice and sweat in bringing anime to their homes in the digital way
belpegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, magic, romance, school life, tsundere, zexcs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.