AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-13, 16:20   Link #41
freelancer3018
(o")o UC Slappie o("o)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Send a message via AIM to freelancer3018
Real quick question. I thought new types were only UC but I had heard there was one in Gundam X. Is this true. I could just watch it but no time. Thanks.
freelancer3018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 16:35   Link #42
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancer3018
Real quick question. I thought new types were only UC but I had heard there was one in Gundam X. Is this true. I could just watch it but no time. Thanks.
There's several, including the infamous dolphin.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 16:56   Link #43
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Gundam X was pretty much about Newtypes.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 22:55   Link #44
Gevurah
What you say?!?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a place where I don't want to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
They don't feel just Newtypes, they can feel another person's intent to attack and react to it before it happens, for instance. They can feel emotions and communicate telepathically. They can influence people around them.
And Kira definately does not have this, correct? At least from what I saw in Seed Destiny, he didn't, or rather nothing in the anime really reffered to him having said abilities.

If anything, I just want to know what Kira's true abilities are, so correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Because once he was given the label, "newtype," fanboys granted him the gamut of all newtype ablities.

Spatial awareness, check.
No precog (negative reaction), check.
Aimbot accuracy, check.
No real psychic ablities, check.
Anything else?

And I agree, Newtype Dolphin FTW! I was totally dying when I first saw that in GX.
__________________

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 23:56   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't know. In the last ep, Kira seemed to understand Rey more than the spoken conversation warranted. And somehow replaced Gil's years of endoctrinement with a 30s brainwash.

So I wouldn't say he "definitely" doesn't have those abilities.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:31   Link #46
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Are the Frost Brothers Newtypes?

@ freelancer

Then there's that kid who controls a Qubeley kind of MS, and of course, the wonderful Tiffa Adill. Then the captain of the Freeden, Jamille Nate. And maybe his girlfriend...(Lorelei, I think her name was...) Then the fricking dolphin.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:36   Link #47
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
I don't know. In the last ep, Kira seemed to understand Rey more than the spoken conversation warranted. And somehow replaced Gil's years of endoctrinement with a 30s brainwash.

So I wouldn't say he "definitely" doesn't have those abilities.
Consider that I believe it was due to time constraints that made the Rey/Kira conversation so short and confusing, I personally won't use that as evidence.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:37   Link #48
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
dunno why 'Aimbot' is overexaggerated by the heavy Anti-Kira fans; a pilot in an F-14 can do the same thing (lock up to multiple targets), and I think the F/A-22 can too (and stealth!)
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:40   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, I don't actually think he's a psychic beyond feeling the presence of Flaga scions. But neither do I believe there is anything definite about his lack of abilities.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:59   Link #50
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Paterson NJ
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Are the Frost Brothers Newtypes?

@ freelancer

Then there's that kid who controls a Qubeley kind of MS, and of course, the wonderful Tiffa Adill. Then the captain of the Freeden, Jamille Nate. And maybe his girlfriend...(Lorelei, I think her name was...) Then the fricking dolphin.
Lorelei is definately a newtype also there is Lancerow. The kid with the Qubeley (actaully called a Bertigo.) is Carris. Also yes the Frost Brothers are newtypes just not strong enough to use/incapable of useing the DOME system. (I beleive that is the name.)
__________________
"Kasrkin Squad, ready for war." Kasrkin Squad

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt." Librarian

"I am the Emperor's will made manifest." Chaplain

Athlon 64 X2 4800+ @ 2.55Ghz (12x212)/ 1.5GB RAM DDR 3200/ ATI Radeon X1800XT 512MB @ 720Mhz/800Mhz (BIOS Flash and OCing)/ Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Gamer/ Sapphire PURE Innovation PI-A9RX480
Kasrkin Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 00:59   Link #51
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Are the Frost Brothers Newtypes?
Kinda no, they're labeled Category Fs because they have mentalpowers, but weren't compatible with the Flash System.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 01:01   Link #52
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Their only ability is that they can communicate between themselves telepathically no matter the distance.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 01:09   Link #53
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I see. Thanks for the clarification, Kasrkin, Shinji and C.A....
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 09:13   Link #54
Terra-Time
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norwich UK.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Their only ability is that they can communicate between themselves telepathically no matter the distance.
Which oddly U.C. Newtypes couldn't. Atleast not in the same way.

They could sense the other persons feelings and emotions. Even hear them calling for help, but never did they directly speak like they were on the telephone.

On the note of Kira being a Newtype. He's not.

Just because he shows elements that would have made him a newtype in U.C. Doesn't make him one in C.E.

So he can have psychic awareness, without being a newtype.

I refuse to hear the term "newtype" in SEED because with the Coordinator abilites, being newtype on top of that is too much. It's like mr invincible--Kira is not super man. Developing too many abilities make it seem all dragonball Z like.

I'm happy accepting that a Coordinator is something similar to a stable, cyber newtype.

SEED lets its self down because of its lack of deaths. Fan service. Amuro and Char died. In the end they were still human.
__________________
Terra-Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 09:29   Link #55
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra-Time
Which oddly U.C. Newtypes couldn't. Atleast not in the same way.

They could sense the other persons feelings and emotions. Even hear them calling for help, but never did they directly speak like they were on the telephone.
Except for the final episode of 0079 when Amuro telepathically instructs and guides every surviving member of the Whitebase crew to safety with his Newtype powers...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 09:36   Link #56
Terra-Time
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norwich UK.
Age: 26
It's not exactly in the same way...At least it wasn't made to appear the same...Or I don't think it was. They hear him, but they cannot really respond.

I guess kinda...but mostly Lalah...She did talk to him...In conversation terms. The kids guided him too..

It focused more on them hearing him.
__________________

Last edited by Terra-Time; 2006-06-16 at 09:51.
Terra-Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 16:04   Link #57
Spawnblade
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Thank you very much for disproving the fact he's a so-called "newtype." Because to me it never made sense that he was called a newtype other than the fact he had some random "flash." It's just rather dumb hearing sooooo many people give Kira UC newtype abilities when he's never displayed any of them, especially during versus threads where they say, "OMGZZZZORRS!!! Kira can precog a ZERO SHIFT from JEhutIE and BOOOM!!!"

I guess we can all blame Fukuda then. XD
Yeah, there's no point in giving him psychic abilities when he's not a psychic, just godlike in his fighting ability as he was essentially built to be. I wonder if his caring for others was some fail-safe device they made or if that in itself was a failure, and really they wanted him to be the ultimate soldier rather than someone who didn't want to kill.

Kira is special, as we can see even when Rau and Shin have better suits than him, and when Shin= Seeded, it appears that Kira is still infinitely above him in ability. I do agree that people are attributing it wrong however... It simply appears Kira is... Insane, though I wouldn't call him overpowered since his unwillingness to participate in battle cancels it out... Unlike Heero, our favorite assassin .
Spawnblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 16:20   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
No one ever tried to make Kira the ultimate soldier. For all we know, his father wanted him to be the Ultimate Geneticist.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 22:37   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
No one ever tried to make Kira the ultimate soldier. For all we know, his father wanted him to be the Ultimate Geneticist.
People have also forgotten that Athrun was at least Kira's equal when he isn't angsting. Yet Athrun was just a 2nd generation coordinator.

The only person who said Kira was an ultimate "anything" was Rau. And he was a nutcase who is jealous of Kira's loving familiy and want everyone in the world to die because he suffered.
It's not a supersoldier project; it's an artificial womb project. I wish people don't trust a madman's words so readily...
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 23:59   Link #60
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
This is what i don't get VCV, you trust everything Lacus says and barely question her motives and actions, yet we should dispell Rau's words?? Gundam SEED was a pretty good series and i think as a literary effect they want Kira to be known as the Ultimate Kicka$$inator (or Coordinator if you will ^^)...It isn't like Rau just throws that out there on a whim...and based on GSD he was more right than right can be...people can help themselves sleep at night saying Athrun is on Kira's level (or beyond), but it has been shown that Athrun is to emo and flakey to be as good as Kira and that's just the truth...I mean I definatley don't respect what they did to either Athrun or Kira in GSD, but the truth based on that is Athrun doesn't have the mindset to block-out all other distractions and fight at his optimum and Kira does and that is a huge factor when it comes to Mobile Suit Combat...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.