AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-15, 07:58   Link #21
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

The Twelve Kingdoms. Main character is female, she finds out she's the new queen of a country in another land (not on earth, though that's where it starts). Centers around her trying to come to terms with the situation, then attempting to become a worthy queen while lots of evil people plot against her and so on. The change you see in her is remarkable throughout the series, it's a very well wriiten piece of work (originally in book form then translated to anime, though Youko isn't the lead character in the books, she is in the anime).
Old 2006-06-15, 08:15   Link #22
DaFool
Resident devil

Juuni Kokki was written by a woman. I think what the OP was getting at is examples of female narrative proxies. Guys who write with female main characters because it's easier for story development and doesn't have to carry all the baggage that male characters carry.

I can't think of any specific example that hasn't been mentioned already, but anything with girls and guns. I'm specifically also looking for examples in the drama genre.
Old 2006-06-15, 16:43   Link #23
Nameless

Black Lagoon!

I'm on Episode 9 of this (I think it's still airing) and it's great!

The female protagonist is main character, has a mysterious past but she's a total badass. It's a really good anime to me.
Old 2006-06-15, 17:13   Link #24
jedinat
フリーター

I'm pretty certain Rock, not Levi, is the main character.

I mean, he's the one with the interesting situation. Being thrown into a corrupt underworld after abandoning his old life and all...
Levi may give off having a dark past and may dominate the action sequences, but Rock makes the anime interesting.
(and you can't very well even summarize the anime without describing Rock's situation, while it's quite easy to do so without even mentioning Levi)

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-06-15 at 17:29.
Old 2006-06-15, 18:30   Link #25
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yes Rock is a main character (and probably more interesting), but Revi IS "Black Lagoon"...That's just your personal opinion...Revi is the title character, the first one we see in the opening...the last one we see in the end-credits...

Now if we could just get that Maid a show of her own X)...
Old 2006-06-15, 18:49   Link #26
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Yeah, seriously. It'd probably be Noir with maid uniforms, though. Not a bad thing imho
Old 2006-06-15, 23:28   Link #27
Nameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Yes Rock is a main character (and probably more interesting), but Revi IS "Black Lagoon"...That's just your personal opinion...Revi is the title character, the first one we see in the opening...the last one we see in the end-credits...

Why would she need her own show when she can have a perfectly comfortable spot in a two-person bed in my room?
Old 2006-06-15, 23:40   Link #28
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless
Why would she need her own show when she can have a perfectly comfortable spot in a two-person bed in my room?
"...ecchi." *blush*

Haha. More like:

::BAM!:: ::KABOOM!:: *spraying blood*
Old 2006-06-15, 23:46   Link #29
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

I think Gally from Gunnm was not mentioned.
Oh and Queen Emeraldas too.
Old 2006-06-16, 10:20   Link #30
miaka

Ah My Goddess, You're under arrest, Piano(TV) - created by Kosuke Fujishima.
Sakura wars - original creator Ouji HIROI and kosuke fujishima do the character design in tv series.
Old 2006-06-16, 10:27   Link #31
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

'Course, I'll be the one who'll take Shenhua. She's mine.
Old 2006-06-16, 11:13   Link #32
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Two titles not mentioned yet (not sure about the author's gender of the first, more confident about the second).

Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto (aka "Someday's Dreamers") - Imho, in its slice of life genre, a truly masterpiece. The protagonist is Kikuchi Yume, a magician "in the making".

Mimi wo Sumaseba (aka "Whisper of the Heart") - Always Imho, the best movie from Studio Ghibli. And also the best anime movie out of all. It's not directed by Hayao Miyazaki but by the late Yoshifumi Kondo. Miyazaki by the way, wrote the screenplay, hence I'd say there's a male author. Not surprising though, since basically all of his protagonists are females.
Story of a young schooler, Shizuku, of her wishes and of her worries. Heartwarming romance, dreamy atmosphere, magnificent soundtrack. To be watched. Absolutely.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-06-16 at 11:25.
Old 2006-06-16, 17:37   Link #33
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
Mimi wo Sumaseba (aka "Whisper of the Heart") - Always Imho, the best movie from Studio Ghibli. And also the best anime movie out of all. It's not directed by Hayao Miyazaki but by the late Yoshifumi Kondo. Miyazaki by the way, wrote the screenplay, hence I'd say there's a male author. Not surprising though, since basically all of his protagonists are females.
Story of a young schooler, Shizuku, of her wishes and of her worries. Heartwarming romance, dreamy atmosphere, magnificent soundtrack. To be watched. Absolutely.
Aoi Hiiragi, who wrote the original manga that Whisper of the Heart is based on, is a woman. Having said that, I will heartily recommend the movie

And if we are talking about Miyazaki series with a female protagonist whose original author isn't female - we have Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away...there may be more examples. (Howl's Moving Castle would not be one of those examples, as it's based on a novel written by Diana Wynne Jones.)
Closed Thread