AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 13:37   Link #181
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, what do you know. After all the crappy stuff I had to endure after ep 14, the ending was actually very well executed. I wish the whole series was made with that level of quality.

Is EVERY knight in Saber's court a woman, or does Bedivere like Saber's hairstyle?

Well, the series as a whole is more or less average. It started out nice, got a peak on ep 14, and went downhill with pauses, excluding the final episode. Well, at least it was not a waste of time, I'd have watched the whole thing even for those 2 episodes and Ilya alone.

Ilya rules again

Nothing more to add, I actually liked the ending, even with all its bittersweetness (yes I usually prefer happy endings, but most of the time they're either weak or fail in the believability scale).
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 13:43   Link #182
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Liked the ep a lot. Woulda been better if there wasn't the week wait--the fight felt short in a way because of that. Sabre's hair getting undone in a handful of frames seemed kind of a lame effect.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 13:44   Link #183
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
I enjoyed what I saw however I wasn't able to give it the attention it deserved so I will be watching it again later. I am just in a big soccor mood.
Kasrkin Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 13:48   Link #184
molitar

Quote:
Sadly we did not get the see a happy ending where Saber stays with Shirou I personally would have liked that kind of ending or even have Saber "transfer as a new student" I think that she deserved another life where she could be like any normal girl without having to shoulder the duties and responsabilities of a King after what she has sacrificed and gone through like she said she did her best to protect her kingdom but her kingdom did not protect her
I agree... Damn.. I am so sick of bad endings. Ending was a total letdown. Him on a bridge looking out.. Saber dying under a tree.. He didn't even kiss her goodbye.. what a lame ending.

That ending where he was trapped and being sucked in that was the ending DEMANDING him to do the reality marble.. Imagine Kitsuragi's surprise if he had done the UBW at that time and Kitsuragi would of been totally shocked and helpless. Or explain it on his Tracery Sorcerory because that is a rare magic and almost according to Rin not even one of the 5 magics. But to have something to do with Avalon and the whole method of ending it just felt lame.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 14:17   Link #185
LCeh

It was more than a satisfactory ending imo. It was handled nicely, and they didn't go for the cop out ending like Saber staying in the world, which would basically destroy the whole show. The atmosphere was just right, and everything was pulled off correctly.

It's unfortunate that the episodes leading up to this had been subpar, or else I think this ending would have made even more of an impact. I still cared about the characters, especially Saber, she was the true hero of the story. Shirou grew as well, going from wanting Saber to stay to letting her go. But F/SN had so many likeable characters that it's unfortunate they couldn't explore them further. Rin could definitely have developed further and probably could contribute to the ending as well.

At the end of the day, I would say this show really had the potential to be one of the best based on the characters that they have created, but yet at the same time the reason it ends up being just above average(imo) is because they didn't build on it. It's a real shame, I had high hopes for this series after knowing the characters, because if done right, this show can really make for some exceptional drama, but the second half basically was a let down other than the final episode.

It's difficult for me to rate this episode, because I can't give it a 10, even though I really liked the ending, because it has a lot of room for improvement due to reasons I have mentioned above (Yes, I have high standards for F/SN ), but it was still very good. So I will give it an 8, which is "Very good".
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:10   Link #186
night train

I highly enjoyed watching F/SN and is kinda sad to see it end. Sure, the series had some major flaws like the whole avalon or whatever that shining light that gave Shirou and Saber the extra boost in the end or the notion that we will see Shirou using UBW. I guess the only way to know about Shirou's UBW and everything else is to play the game. Despite all the flaws, the story/animation did just enough for me to say this is one of the better and memorable serie out this year.
night train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:14   Link #187
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel (well, kinda)
Here's something on-topic: Was anyone else surprised at Sir Yakumo's voice?
Fixed for humor. And yes, I was! He was enough of a bishounen already without the girly voice on top of it!

By the way, if Avalon is really invulnerable to all Magics, then it's the most broken artifact ever. Saber could defeat anybody by using that!

Zelretch: Hello, I'm Zelretch. I've spent the last few millenia kicking major ass.
Saber: Avalon. Excalibur.
Zelretch: X_X (damn those b0rken Last Phantasms...)

Last edited by aldeayeah; 2006-06-17 at 15:27.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:19   Link #188
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, the only way you can best way to beat a cheat is using another cheat (learned recently from Yuki in Suzumiya - Yes yes, Yuki, it wasn't a cheat, we believe you ). Saber did the most logical thing, she cheated a cheater
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:30   Link #189
SinsI

Good series, predictable ending (japanese just love killing their main heroes).
Now, the main question remaining is:
Then will we see Fate/Hollow ataraxia?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:36   Link #190
dumbo63

Whats ataraxia all about anyways?
dumbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:47   Link #191
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Nice episode. When the DVDs for the series are released, I know I'll be getting them as soon as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
It was more than a satisfactory ending imo. It was handled nicely, and they didn't go for the cop out ending like Saber staying in the world, which would basically destroy the whole show. The atmosphere was just right, and everything was pulled off correctly.
I agree. Even though I wanted Saber to stay, that would have been a bad ending. This ending gets my stamp/seal of approval.

Hmm. Now it's over, I'm gonna need to find a new avatar.
Old 2006-06-17, 15:51   Link #192
rpgman1

Overall, the series is pretty good but left plenty of things left unexplained. Fate/Stay Night is a series for those who have played the three paths. Like how does Archer know Ilya when Shirou was captured at the mansion, Sakura knew that Rider died, Rin knowing about Sakura being sisters, Zouken Matou smiling when he picked up Sakura at the Tohsaka residence, the blades within Shirou's body indicating he can use UBW, and Ilya being a homunculus (magic circuit made into a human explained by Rin)? To those who have not played the games, we were left pretty clueless on the series as a whole. The ending is bittersweet (slightly more positive than FMA but still the same result). Reality must be set up for the latest anime series and none of the endings are too happy. At least I know Makai Senki Disgaea will follow its true ending just like the game (unless the animators decide to pull off another bittersweet ending like Fate or something unbelievable).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:58   Link #193
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, after the snorefest that were the episodes after episode 14, that was actually a very good ending. Gil's other side (does that make him a male tsundere?) was cool, and for some reason, I wanted a Gil/Saber just because of that scene. King of Noble Heroes indeed!

Also like all others, I was surprised Noto's unmistakeable voice was Bedivere's, though my opinion is not as positive. Noto as cute girls? Yes... but as a man? Heck no. Didn't they learn during Full Metal Panic? geezus

And hooray for Rin's final scene, which I didn't expect at all ever since her being shafted to the background in the last few episodes. Her and Shirou's meeting across the street with sakura petals falling all over was screaming romantic undertones to me. While very subtle, at least I can rest easy knowing that Shirou/Rin has the highest probability for the future... even though it's only in my mind.

Ahh, ignorance truly is bliss. XD

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman
To those who have not played the games, we were left pretty clueless on the series as a whole.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is one of the those anime in which one has to have seen/read the original source in order to get the full experience, which isn't really a problem in Japan since I can imagine pretty much everyone who would stay up late to watch ANY anime has already played FSN. Sadly, for us gaijins who can't read Japanese, we're left pretty much in the dark, but Japanese studios could care less about us, no?

In all honesty, I'm not disappointed in the series because it was bad (I actually finished the entire series!), but because I can feel the potential that it could've been much better. I can't point out the reasons why, but there seems to be a lot lost in translation from game to anime. Thus, I still feel that Tsukihime is the better series of the two since one didn't really need any background knowledge to enjoy it and it could stand on its own as a good anime. FSN, not so much, which is sad because from reading the spoilers, FSN seems much deeper than its predecessor.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2006-06-17 at 16:13.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:59   Link #194
Xebek
Crazed cyborg squirrel

I think people compare this series to the games too much. Sure its based on the games, and its ok to compare it but this anime is purely the Fate scenario but I see people complaining about no UBW. Shirou's UBW wasn't in the Fate scenario so I don't see any reason that it should be in the anime.

All in all I think this was a great show. Even though the ending may not be the way some people want it, I feel any other ending would have made this series bad. This ending just fit. It is a sad ending, true, but in the same sense its not. Shirou has gone on wiht his life, he as accepted Saber is gone. He will always remember he loved her even if he doesn't remeber her exactly and that is what it should be.
Xebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 16:36   Link #195
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo63
Whats ataraxia all about anyways?
Ground Hog Day, but 4 days not 1 =D
Old 2006-06-17, 16:36   Link #196
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Is EVERY knight in Saber's court a woman, or does Bedivere like Saber's hairstyle?
King Arthuria and Her Knights of the Yuri Table
Old 2006-06-17, 16:40   Link #197
Decel

Wow, that ending definitely deserved a 10. Heck, I'd give it a 15/10 if I could. I agree that it truely fits the series, even though most would have prefered a more positive epilogue. I wish I'd have shed a few tears here and there; what a cold-hearted bastard I am.

While the ending deserves a 10 the series as a whole is more of a 7. The first couple of episodes, the venerable ep 14 and the ending's quality were dimnished by most of the rest.

I also agree with those that said that they didn't develop enough of the characters, and I had wished that some elements were more explicit for those who haven't played the game (Sakura/Rin's relationship, Iliya, etc.).

I also can't forget about that stupid dragon episode, especially since later on it seems implied that they did the deed (Saber- "My mana is recharged" after the kiss, when they were in a room). This lack of consistency in the episodes' quality ruined a lot of my satisfaction of the series. At least they end this with an episode I can't complain about. It's surprising how many series out there can't produce an ending that comes to this ones's heels.

Kudos to Type-Moon's storytelling though. It's so complex yet so beautiful once you get all the details (something that us who can't/haven't played the game will never fully aquire). I classify these stories as epic.

Also, I have the impression that it will leave a void, since afaik Type-Moon doesn't have any newer work. They seem to still be in the "Milk the F/SN franchise" phase.
Old 2006-06-17, 16:44   Link #198
Cyz
"Show it to me"

That Bedivere (sp?), is it a guy or a girl? The Ilya and Taiga moments is just hilarious. Especially when Taiga is beating Ilya up
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 16:54   Link #199
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
That Bedivere (sp?), is it a guy or a girl? The Ilya and Taiga moments is just hilarious. Especially when Taiga is beating Ilya up
Bedivere is a guy.

In Arthurian Legends, Bedivere is known as the most handsome of the Knights.

And thus Type-Moon decided to draw him as a bishounen :P
Old 2006-06-17, 17:00   Link #200
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Bedivere is a guy.

In Arthurian Legends, Bedivere is known as the most handsome of the Knights.

And thus Type-Moon decided to draw him as a bishounen :P
Sir Yakumo's voice would also reduce the possible threat associated with a possible Beldivere-Sabre pairing, I think. But who knows?

And besides, judging by his (her) grimace and the dramatic cutting of Sabre's closing of eyes to her "slumber", I really think she's passed.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote