AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-17, 00:41   Link #101
USCPharmacist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Homonculus or something like that, I guess they are like gunslinger girls....
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 00:50   Link #102
QuinE*
allyouranimearebelongtome
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Reaches of the unknown
Send a message via MSN to QuinE*
Watched the raw. Although I don't understand half of what the characters are saying but overall the finale left me weeping in the end. This episode is full of emotions and a mindboggling ending. You'd expect Saber to return somehow in the near future. >_< Anyway, I'm quite contented with the ending even though they have to go the Fate route. Well, as far as this series is concerned.. it will be listed in my most memorable anime list as you just can't get enough of it... despite it's ups and downs plus some discouragement. Hopefully, there'll be and OVA for this one. I'm gonna miss this series and the fellowship of the members who have shared so much thoughts (the debates + everything) and contributed massively to the gallery section. You guys rock!
QuinE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 00:54   Link #103
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Ilya will die 1 year after events of 5th Grail War. Her body will not able to take the stress normal living since she is a Homunculus. Hence the story of F/HA is situated 6 months after the War. She is half step sister of Shirou, since Kiritsugu's semen was used to create Ilya, with Einzbern's female member.

The Einzberns in their bid to regain their lost glory, created Ilya specifically to win the War and purposely summoned Hercules since by logic, he is a legendary demigod which will make him invincible by virtual fact that he is of divine origin.

Perhaps someone also can refresh my memory if Kiritsugu is a hired hitman magus to take down other magus so Einzbern can prevail in the end?

I love the ending as it symbolizes everything that I knew and love about TYPEMOON Fate/Stay Night gamestory.

I gain the impression that Rin will be the one end up with Shirou in this episode. Or maybe it is just a wishful thinking?
__________________

Last edited by stormy001_M1A2; 2006-06-17 at 01:13.
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:06   Link #104
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
IIRC, Archer's inability to save Ilya was one of his largest regrets.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:12   Link #105
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
Only time I watched a RAW for Fate/stay night - being rather unequipped to understand masses of dialogue without subs.

Beautiful music, animation excellenté, and from what I understand and have read - a beautifully executed ending. Especially our speech from Gilgamesh, and then the conversation between Shirou and Rin on the way to school.

Will post further after 'watching' the episode.


-Andiyar
__________________
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"
andiyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:16   Link #106
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Actually, saying "poor Shirou" is really not the right way to put things..

As you can see, Shirou is perfectly fine with how things are -- I'm sure ideally he would want Sabre by his side but as shown in the ending, he did accept how things were and.. like many other anime of this sort, accept the future with a sort of affirmation, willing to move forward but never forgetting the past (and her).

You see this in Tsukihime and Escaflowne (I mention Esca again because the conditions of the parting are quite similar), where the protagonists do... look forward.

This sort of story-telling is very typical of Japanese, almost perfectly encapsulating the sentimental dimension of asians. There is a bitter-sweet sort of happiness where the lovers, despite separated by time (Fate/Stay Night), distance (Planetes), worlds (Tsukihime, Esca), mortality (AIR)... move on with their lives while tightly holding the memories of the person in their hearts. It's really a very asian sort of sentimentality, and I'm not dissing Western culture in any of this. For some reason, the Japanese really like bitter-sweetness in their stories.

While this will run the risk of being unrelated, I'll post the lyrics of "Yubiwa", the ending song of Escaflowne the movie, along with some minor commentary at the end from me. This is because I really think the sort of attitude displayed by Shirou in this final episode.. .. ... I mean, your (and I mean any of you out there) understanding of it could well be enriched by it.

Spoiler:
it's just a shame that Shirou had to lose his love for the sake of ending that war
Shirou seems fine with it but ideally I would have liked Saber to be by his side
and thanks for posting those lyrics it was nice reading them
I know he will move on and won't forget about her but will Saber remember him? She did say she had a dream does she see it only as a dream and will only consider it as such? She wanted to see the continuation of that dream hence her desire to slumber.
It looks like she returned back in time to die only even though she has accepted her past.
I'm still wondering if Shirou did really end the Holy Grail War his foster dad did destroy it or thought he did still the Holy Grail remained I wonder why and how come
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:17   Link #107
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I also heard about Kinoko Nasu wrote a short story on how Shirou joined the Self Defense Force and got frustated to see his comrades getting killed in a future war, becomes Archer by striking a deal with the Grail to save his army friends?

Is this true?

Again I would like to tempted to think that he joined Rin to Sorcery Guild in London as her apprentice. It is pretty proper epilogue, in my opinion.

This is the last Grail War, there will be no more such Wars in the future.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:23   Link #108
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senigata
Spoiler:


@Demongod: WRONG!
Rin would keep Saber-chan for herself
Spoiler:
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:29   Link #109
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I also heard about Kinoko Nasu wrote a short story on how Shirou joined the Self Defense Force and got frustated to see his comrades getting killed in a future war, becomes Archer by striking a deal with the Grail to save his army friends?

Is this true?

Again I would like to tempted to think that he joined Rin to Sorcery Guild in London as her apprentice. It is pretty proper epilogue, in my opinion.

This is the last Grail War, there will be no more such Wars in the future.
Spoiler:
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:30   Link #110
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Spoiler:
In UBW ending, Shirou goes with Rin to London's Mage Academy.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:42   Link #111
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
In UBW ending, Shirou goes with Rin to London's Mage Academy.
Isn't that the true ending ? The other is the good ending where Rin keeps Saber as her Servant and they all spend an happy time together.
It would have been nice if Fate had two endings too one which we've seen in the anime and a good ending where Saber remains with Shirou
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:48   Link #112
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Isn't that the true ending ? The other is the good ending where Rin keeps Saber as her Servant and they all spend an happy time together.
It would have been nice if Fate had two endings too one which we've seen in the anime and a good ending where Saber remains with Shirou
In UBW Good Ending, its more like Saber stays with Rin than Shirou.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:57   Link #113
Darkside
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Ilya will die 1 year after events of 5th Grail War. Her body will not able to take the stress normal living since she is a Homunculus. Hence the story of F/HA is situated 6 months after the War. She is half step sister of Shirou, since Kiritsugu's semen was used to create Ilya, with Einzbern's female member.

The Einzberns in their bid to regain their lost glory, created Ilya specifically to win the War and purposely summoned Hercules since by logic, he is a legendary demigod which will make him invincible by virtual fact that he is of divine origin.

Perhaps someone also can refresh my memory if Kiritsugu is a hired hitman magus to take down other magus so Einzbern can prevail in the end?

I love the ending as it symbolizes everything that I knew and love about TYPEMOON Fate/Stay Night gamestory.

I gain the impression that Rin will be the one end up with Shirou in this episode. Or maybe it is just a wishful thinking?
That sucks Shirou's harem memebers are dropping like flies. If Saber and Ilya are out of the picture... I hope Sakura gets the win

Also why won't there be any more wars?
__________________
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 02:01   Link #114
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
That sucks Shirou's harem memebers are dropping like flies. If Saber and Ilya are out of the picture... I hope Sakura gets the win

Also why won't there be any more wars?
The True Grail was destroyed.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 02:34   Link #115
Takemi_Ikazuchi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Alternate World
Archer lost a lot

Spoiler:


As for Shirou's future

Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 03:04   Link #116
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Rubia Elderfelt.

I always imagine her as Rin's rival, and with Shirou around it bound to complicate things further.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 03:14   Link #117
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Rubia Elderfelt.

I always imagine her as Rin's rival, and with Shirou around it bound to complicate things further.
I'd love to see how Rin would react to that...XD

Also, yeah, Kiritsugu was a hitman hired by the Einzberns, but when he ran off with Avalon, they wanted to "punish" Kiritsugu. Most damning was the destroying the Holy Grail bit...tsk tsk.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 03:25   Link #118
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
In UBW Good Ending, its more like Saber stays with Rin than Shirou.
yea I know I said it would have been nice
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 03:35   Link #119
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
And I wish we'd have seen Gilgamesh without the spiky hair.

Even alternating him in between hairstyles would do!
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 04:09   Link #120
gammaoh
Reality Marble User
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UBW
Age: 28
I finally saw the raw and I must say my heart stopped when Saber left Shirou and when she closed her eyes at the very end.

Seeing it animated made it even more heartwrenching than in the game. Especially Saber when she bids her last words to Shirou:

"Shirou, anata wo ai shiteiru".

However, both are happy, because they'll remain in each other's memory. And as usual, there are some kind of hope for them. Though it's not physical in my opinion, as Bedivere said: if Arturia wishes it hard enough, she'll be able to reach that same dream again.

The viewer is once again made to imagine what will occur afterwards.

A perfect mark deserved.
__________________
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.