AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 198 45.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 20.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 70 16.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 7.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 1.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.46%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 22 5.06%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-17, 12:21   Link #161
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, since Avalon is English mythology, it's effectively in England

@Erhjegel Was anyone surprised at Arthur and Mordred being women?
Old 2006-06-17, 12:23   Link #162
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Avalon is literally another world.

Beldivere placed Arthuria onto a boat onto a river, and she disappeared and was accepted into Avalon.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:25   Link #163
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I was exposed to Fate before, so I wasn't too surprised about Arthur being a woman. In fact, I liked the twist it put on the whole Arthurian Legend.

Mordred, however, surprised me.

Sir Bedivere, if he is turned into another crossdresser, will make me shriek and tear my hair off while I run like a chicken with its head cut off.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:35   Link #164
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, since Avalon is English mythology, it's effectively in England

@Erhjegel Was anyone surprised at Arthur and Mordred being women?
I am more interested in the fact that Morgan effectively becomes a man because of this...
Old 2006-06-17, 12:43   Link #165
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Another world my ass...where's the boat gonna go? Fly off into space? The laws of physics state that matter must be conserved, so Saber is somewhere. She didn't just get annihilated. So go and find her dammit! She said her sleep would be longer. Bedivere rode off and left Saber under a TREE. Tree, IN ENGLAND!! Not in fairy land! She's under that tree in suspended animation! And since Rin is going to London as the story continues, she needs to go and fetch Saber while she's at it. Then resummon Rider, minus everything but her black panties ^_^.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:45   Link #166
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Yes, there is this small problem though regarding physics. Magic
Old 2006-06-17, 12:47   Link #167
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I read UBW first chapter didn't it say that magic now is kind of useless because all the things they could do science can do it and even at a better level
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 12:48   Link #168
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Another world my ass...where's the boat gonna go? Fly off into space? The laws of physics state that matter must be conserved, so Saber is somewhere. She didn't just get annihilated. So go and find her dammit! She said her sleep would be longer. Bedivere rode off and left Saber under a TREE. Tree, IN ENGLAND!! Not in fairy land! She's under that tree in suspended animation! And since Rin is going to London as the story continues, she needs to go and fetch Saber while she's at it. Then resummon Rider, minus everything but her black panties ^_^.
Rule of Physics nor Linear Time does not apply in Avalon.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:49   Link #169
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You mean science can breach dimensions or is magic incapable of that, too?
Old 2006-06-17, 12:50   Link #170
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
doesnt avalon keep you from ageing? hence Mordred looks like hes the same age as saber even though saber is ment to be his parent

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 12:52   Link #171
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
doesnt avalon keep you from ageing? hence Mordred looks like hes the same age as saber even though saber is ment to be his parent
Adoptive parent only.

If this can cheer you up, Avalon is the hope for Saber and Shirou. You've all read the doujin, right?

Anyway, there are many ways to see this ending.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:54   Link #172
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Rule of Physics nor Linear Time does not apply in Avalon.
Generally speaking, so does Nasuverse.

Demongod86, so that this whole Avalon thing doesn't piss you off and send you ranting, just think of it this way: when Arturia's recovered enough, she can awaken and look for Shirou.

Or, Shirou can go search for Arturia himself.

Happy?

Quote:
I read UBW first chapter didn't it say that magic now is kind of useless because all the things they could do science can do it and even at a better level
Because magic has lost its power.

It's the simplest way to put it without spouting off another long-winded quote or unintelligible post.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:55   Link #173
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Errr......Avalon is place where even the top 5 Magics in Kinoko Nasu's universe cannot penetrate, hence why Enuma Elish can be nullifed by Avalon because despite its divine awesome power, it is still within the 5 Magic's aspect. So despite all his ability, Shirou will not able to go there unless he become Eirei himself aka Archer somehow. Avalon is beyond the 5 Magics, hence its incorruptible nature.

Avalon is timeless, ageless and reality has no concept. How Shirou will able to reach that place is beyond me. It is difficult to use power without any concept to land the power upon.

So any idea of Shirou able to find Saber in Avalon within jurisdiction of normal powers is really difficult.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:56   Link #174
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Errr......Avalon is place where even the top 5 Magics in Kinoko Nasu's universe cannot penetrate, hence why Enuma Elish can be nullifed by Avalon because despite its divine awesome power, it is still within the 5 Magic's aspect. So despite all his ability, Shirou will not able to go there unless he become Eirei himself aka Archer somehow. Avalon is beyond the 5 Magics, hence its incorruptible nature.

Avalon is timeless, ageless and reality has no concept. How Shirou will able to grasp the place is beyond me. It is difficult to use power without any concept to land the power upon.

So any idea of Shirou able to find Saber within jurisdiction of normal powers is really difficult.
Please don't piss him off and send him ranting, yet again.
Old 2006-06-17, 12:58   Link #175
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Please don't piss him off and send him ranting, yet again.
Actually, even Stormy figures a way for Shirou to go into Avalon so that may not piss off Demongod...
Old 2006-06-17, 12:59   Link #176
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Because there's only like 3 Magus's alive whom can still use true magic.

Aoko (Miss Blue, the girl whom gave Shiki his glasses)
Zouken
And someone else I forgot (I think Zelretch)
Old 2006-06-17, 13:01   Link #177
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh. Ignore my last post, then.

To be on topic, was there any other legendary piece of equipment based upon Avalon? I'm thinking none, but it has piqued my curiosity.

And yeah, Zeltrech is the last magic user.
Old 2006-06-17, 13:07   Link #178
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmm

The only True Magician I remembered are

1. Touko, Aoko's sister, master of puppet who build Shirou's susbstitute body in HF after his original body was destroyed in the last battle in HF route.

2. Aoko Aozaki, mentor of Shiki Nanaya Tohno in Tsukihime

3. Zeltrech, Headmaster of the Sorcery Guild in London and mentor of Tohsaka clan.

There is supposed to be another 2 True Magicians....or am I wrong? I thought Zouken Matou is not one of the True Magicians. He is powerful but not to the sublime level of True Magicians.

Hmmmm, perhaps a TYPEMOON expert can step in and clarify this?
Old 2006-06-17, 13:09   Link #179
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I remember just 3 or 5 True Magicians remaining.

Not sure the number though.
Old 2006-06-17, 13:27   Link #180
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
This ending was excellent, albeit bittersweet.

I was glad that Gilgamesh left showing some gentility, and acting like a king. Kotomine just got hardcore pwned. The ending with Saber made me sad, however, it shows that they were truly in love, as Shirou was able to recognize that actual love demands real sacrifice. And at least Saber reciprocated, so that he knew it wasn't just a onesided affair.

Also ... Taiga x Illya ftw!

PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote