AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-06-16, 14:23   Link #1
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Why didn't Athrun recognize Rey?

He served under Rau for probably some time. You think there was a reason why Rey was completely unrecognized by him. After all, Rey is a clone of Rau, just looking younger.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 14:26   Link #2
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Because Rau was wearing a mask?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:02   Link #3
DeepEye
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
because it's an anime
DeepEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:06   Link #4
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pits of Hell...
Age: 29
It's called plot holes. You can't have anime without it.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:16   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Because Rau was wearing a mask?
Lmao...although that is the reason...

I actually thought the thread-starter was asking why Athrun didn't recognize Rey in Final Plus or talk to him or say anything to him Talia or Dully when he knew all of them and then just gave Rey the WTF-face as he walked off an allowed them all to kill themselves...I think that's a better question...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:41   Link #6
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Cause they have different names? Rey isn't wearing a mask? Its a different Seiyuu? Rey's a scheming lunatic while Rau was a scheming lunatic AND a genocidal madman who gave away the plans for NJC? Rey is half as good as Rau?
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 15:44   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Maybe he didn't know how to politely formulate "Are you related to that genocidal maniac my best friend stabbed with a beam saber?".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 16:47   Link #8
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Reading the title of this thread, I have my own questions to ask.

Why didn't Talia's pet monkey bobo ever make an appearance in the series? He is mentioned countless times in the artbooks.

Why wasn't Durandal's breakdancing home video series ever shown in the series? Fukuda has admitted countless times in interviews that this is how Durandal raised money for his campaign to become Chairman. It would be interesting to at least see this in flashback or something, since there were many flashback in GSD.

Why were the sex scenes between Kira and Lacus cut? Morasawa said in interviews that she wrote them into the script. Perhaps they were replaced by countless Meer stock animations and Angel Bath? The world may never know.

and for my final question

How many more of these ridiculous hypothetical question topics are we going to have. I have seen wingdarkness drop the "post quality" from time to time and I am beginning to symapthize with that.

Thanks, Obi.

EDIT: Whoever neg repped me for this is a fucking cunt.
__________________

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2006-06-27 at 19:23.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 18:14   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Actually, Athrun did give an impression that he recognized Rey's voice the first time he spoke in the TV series. In Ep 3, when Rey was leading Athrun/Cagalli/Dullindal into an elevator, he briefly spoke, and Athrun had a look of surprise in his face.

The matter was never touched upon after that though.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 18:35   Link #10
epyon96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Cause they have different names? Rey isn't wearing a mask? Its a different Seiyuu? Rey's a scheming lunatic while Rau was a scheming lunatic AND a genocidal madman who gave away the plans for NJC? Rey is half as good as Rau?
It's the same seiyuu by the way. But that is funny. But Athrun himself didn't aknowledge it at all. He doesn't have to confront him. after all, Athrun is not the confrontational type.
__________________
"Draw the line that defines being human through reason, not emotion," Envy

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 21:55   Link #11
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I forget whose sig this is, but Rey is simply the Diet Rau. The one calorie Rau. Not Rau enough.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 01:07   Link #12
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Actually, Athrun did give an impression that he recognized Rey's voice the first time he spoke in the TV series. In Ep 3, when Rey was leading Athrun/Cagalli/Dullindal into an elevator, he briefly spoke, and Athrun had a look of surprise in his face.

The matter was never touched upon after that though.
Now that, is impressive memory.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 09:31   Link #13
Mr_Paper
Hmm...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Looking for his book...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm
Now that, is impressive memory.
Indeed, far better than that of the writing staff!
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 10:44   Link #14
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Why would Athrun recognize Rey as Rau? Kira made it perfectly clear that Rey is himself, not Rau.

Seriously...

There could be some concrete reasons. It doesn't guarantee that given an exact clone that he is of Rau, or to be more precise, Al de Flaga, if he was raised in an environment or was nurtured in an environment that was completely different to the same environment Rau was raised in, Rey would turn out differently/look differently than Rau. Or maybe something had gone wrong in the cloning process that Rey didn't look exactly like Rau, or they really intended for it to go that way. Besides, a young looking Rau would probably scare Athrun to Terminal very early in the series because he knew the Rau from the last war was a psycho.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 14:50   Link #15
Ichimaru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
athrun didnt give ratzass who he is
__________________
SHINSOU
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 18:17   Link #16
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Actually, Athrun did give an impression that he recognized Rey's voice the first time he spoke in the TV series. In Ep 3, when Rey was leading Athrun/Cagalli/Dullindal into an elevator, he briefly spoke, and Athrun had a look of surprise in his face.

The matter was never touched upon after that though.
Aside from that, that still doesn't warrant a thought that Rey = Rau just because he finds the voice similar.

Aside from WingofDarkness, has it occured to anyone that Athurn has never actually seen Rau's face? So how would he even recognize Rey in the first place?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:14   Link #17
Wandy
Starlight StarBright~
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada
because Fukuda wrote it that way? >_>...wouldn't be interesting if Athrun found out about Rey being Rau thus he wouldn't join Zaft >_>
__________________
Wandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 19:26   Link #18
Crusader
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Texas
Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Speaking of Athrun and Rau, i was wondering why Athrun never touched on the idea of facing his mentor, or the fact that rau was a loon. i mean he did defect though and in seed he never seems to say anything about it after his defection.
__________________
The times may change, but human nature never will.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 22:26   Link #19
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
and then there's the fact that their hair style is somewhat different... which account for a lot in GS/GSD!
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 10:47   Link #20
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I think Athrun was suffering from the Sailormoon Syndrome...
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.