AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-21, 12:07   Link #281
martino
makes no files now

Strange...but did Haruhi's voice change from this episode on?

*goes to his doctor*

This is the first time I heard her speak seriously...I mean not speaking "crap"...when she was resting under that tree.
Old 2006-06-21, 12:48   Link #282
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I wonder if KyoAni consulted HG on this. Which makes me wonder if he will do an episode on this. Like going to KyoAni's studios and making a "I-want-my-own-Anime-series-hoooooooo~!" scene.
LoL. I wish they'll do that.
Then maybe KyoAni will produce a super smooth and realistic animation of HG doing the pelvic thrust.

DO NOT WANT !!1!
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 12:55   Link #283
D1cey1

Great episode thought. We got to see a very different Haruhi. It reminded me alot of BECK in the concert scene. But, what brings this down for me is the fact that there are only 2 eps left. Please let there be a season 2.
D1cey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:00   Link #284
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I only just found out, the episode also pays tribute to J-Dorama fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furuhata_Ninzaburo

Apparently, this show was not popular enough compared to Mikuru's movie and got shoved aside in the schedule. According to the Super Director anyway.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:04   Link #285
The Stig
The Stig

Many those singles are pretty darn good, especially since they packaged it with the Mikuru single. There's too much that goes on after the projected season 1 end, so I would say a second season, and proabbly a third, is warranted. Ever since that one slow episode, theyve been churning out really good episodes lately. First Yuki fights, then Yuki hacks, then Yuki rocks. I'm really looking forward to the episode after the next one. The next one shouldn't dissappoint but the one after, I'm guessing its the season finale, should be very good. Remember the Disney movie~
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:06   Link #286
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No, thats definitely Suzumiya singing and talking (aka Hirano VAing her part).

This was a beautiful episode which only suffered because I wanted *MORE* of each segment of it.
1) More long-haired genki
2) ye gods the details... but even more of those background details: (like Yuki and Haruhi running down the hall in the background while Kyon stumbles around), the idea that Itsuki has a life outside of the club (the groupies, the play).
3) the animation details - rain dripping, the guitar and drumming animation ... eek.
4) the music --- the "school auditorium" quality that the music manages to rocket through anyway.
5) the conversation with ENOZ where Suzumiya wanted Kyon by her for support and that lovely ambiguity about Kyon's status from the band member.
5) and that lovely last few minutes under the tree -- simply brilliant in subtlety.

I only gave it a 9 because I wanted a rock-solid 1 hour episode of this... it should have been a special extended episode.
Old 2006-06-21, 13:13   Link #287
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekreteraren
After all the talk about Yukis guitarplaying, I'm a wee bit dissapointed. There was nothing godly about that. I guess I'm just into more technical music than most fans of Haruhi.

An awesome episode though, and the animation of the performance was truly spectacular.
It wasn't that the guitar playing was all that spectacular .... but:
1) She'd never touched a guitar prior to her stage performance. "Matrix" skills
2) the *ANIMATION* of the guitaring and the drumming was so life-like I'll be stunned if it wasn't rotoscoped.... and it didn't *look* rotoscoped. Just damned fine animation.

You're not looking at it in context with the story or characters. Frankly, I have yet to see *any* japanese pop music guitar work that screams "technical" but there's a lot of heart in some of it.
Old 2006-06-21, 13:18   Link #288
gin-san
Outcast Freelancer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Not sure exactly why, but through the last part of the episode, my chest was heavy with emotion -- pity, love, admiration? -- for Haruhi. Hirano Aya sugoi! Mikuru, Kyon, Yuki -- they're all great. But this is a show about Haruhi, and she's the star. So complex. So alive. So desperate. And despite her aggressiveness and cruelty, so cute.

Like episode 9, this is an emotional highlight of the series for me. Whether I can give it a ten or not, I don't know. The singing was certainly partly there for a future CD, and it took a while for the episode to get where it was going. But the emotional aspect of the episode, for me, was just wonderful.
I'll have to agree with you on that one. This ep showed just how much Haruhi-sama is capable of, and also showed her inner longing to be acknowledged by the school. Her act of dragging Kyon with her just to receive thanks from the other band members was also yet another hint in her inner love for Kyon.

I gave the ep just a 9/10, since the perfect 10 score's reserved for my fave ep: Day of Sagittarius!!!
gin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 13:32   Link #289
Akito

something that I always admire in Haruhi is her initiative and originality, she generally doesn't care about the opinions of other people, I really noticed that in this episode.
It was soooooo cute the fact that she was like depressed, despite always being so genki ippai, it was looking an vulnerable side of her (after the concert, when she was resting down the tree) and Kyoun noticing that Haruhi is not used to people recongnizing her efforts.
We could see the gentle part of her, helping the band perform. You see, Haruhi is not only trying to steal things away off other clubs!

I feel like identified with her sometimes when I would like to carry out some plans and nobody cares or acknowledge my efforts.....

Another good thing about this episode is that Haruhi is soo cute singing. I could see that Haruhi really puts emotion into singing, and that she was doing it from the bottom of her heart.
Akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 14:01   Link #290
gin-san
Outcast Freelancer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito
Another good thing about this episode is that Haruhi is soo cute singing. I could see that Haruhi really puts emotion into singing, and that she was doing it from the bottom of her heart.
Not to mention that I felt something stir deep within me while watching Haruhi-sama singing with sweat dripping off her body.

Damn, that looked good... *drools while fantasizing*
gin-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:18   Link #291
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Damn, I think my jaw's still on the flor after the songs...
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:19   Link #292
philip72

Wow, here's a puzzler; I just noticed over at BasuGasuBakuhatsu Blog, readers voted Ouran High as the best anime of the season over Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Higurashi.
I mean, I enjoy Ouran Host Club too, but best anime of the season? come on now.
There's at least five or six better shows, and none of them can come even close to No Yuutsu, which is phenomenally better on all levels; from it's art direction and animation quality to itís excellent storytelling.
The only reason I can see this might have occurred, is if a bunch of Yaoi fangirls spammed the process. It really just blows me away.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:32   Link #293
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Wow, here's a puzzler; I just noticed over at BasuGasuBakuhatsu Blog, readers voted Ouran High as the best anime of the season over Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Higurashi.
There's at least five or six better shows, and none of them can come even close to No Yuutsu, which is phenomenally better on all levels; from it's art direction and animation quality to itís excellent storytelling.
The only reason I can see this might have occurred, is if a bunch of Yaoi fangirls spammed the process. It really just blows me away.
Take down the names of the voter and we will inform the pyscho loli squad.

Personally I would have Zegapain, Simoun and Utwararur ahead of Ouran as well.
Old 2006-06-21, 15:47   Link #294
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Different blogs attract different sorts of readers -- and after all, birds of the same feather flock together. I wouldn't be suprised to see these sorts of results in small places like that..

It's also important to note statistical facts. For example, 3 000 people might watch Suzu and think it's the best anime of the season, but if we have 200 000 watching Naruto and 5 000 thinking it's the best thing ever; you can very easily see how Suzu will get outvoted. Fact is, people can only choose what's best from what they've watched, and often many great shows have a small audience (Mushishi, Honey & Clover).

So, don't bother yourself with votings like that ; ) They're simply not representative.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 15:50   Link #295
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

*gives Rena a call ... Yes... yes... I'm sending the names now.... yes... yes... no,no, cleaver would be better... yes... I don't care, just burn them... no... a head... yes.... Haruhi rules... yes... good... Thanks... Bye.
Old 2006-06-21, 16:09   Link #296
ChainLegacy
廉頗

This was my favorite episode so far. I really liked the singing, and the humor with Kyon's friends, and then Haruhi and Kyon's discussion at the end of the episode. Overall, it was just enjoyable to watch and this episode combined everything I like in this series together.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 16:38   Link #297
philip72

Mmmm....Good points all of you, especially arias.

I wasn't particularly upset, just baffled I guess (it's only cartoons after all).

I realize my tastes aren't everyones tastes (thank God, cause that would mean the end of civilization. I like Soul Link), but when something is so obviously of a whole new level of quality, I'm confused when I see it denigrated.
philip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 16:54   Link #298
Trowa

ep12 was pure bliss on so many levels, the tsuruya maid outfit was great but the music bit just makes you feel... im so lost for words...
plus yuki with a guitar equals so much joy^-^, good job it wasnt a bass she had though, i might have fallen in love O.O
Old 2006-06-21, 16:57   Link #299
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
*snip*
Except that goes directly against what Yuki said... Meh, whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I only just found out, the episode also pays tribute to J-Dorama fans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furuhata_Ninzaburo

Apparently, this show was not popular enough compared to Mikuru's movie and got shoved aside in the schedule. According to the Super Director anyway.
Of course it wouldn't be as popular. It didn't star the school idol, Asahina Mikuru. The only reason anyone was actually watching Haruhi's movie was to see Mikuru as a bunny girl and in the "combat waitress" costume. You know, I have to feel sorry for those other clubs. They worked their hardest to make the best movie they could, while Haruhi does random things that make no sense, and ends up with a hit because of her lead actress.
Old 2006-06-21, 17:51   Link #300
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Except that goes directly against what Yuki said... Meh, whatever.

Of course it wouldn't be as popular. It didn't star the school idol, Asahina Mikuru. The only reason anyone was actually watching Haruhi's movie was to see Mikuru as a bunny girl and in the "combat waitress" costume. You know, I have to feel sorry for those other clubs. They worked their hardest to make the best movie they could, while Haruhi does random things that make no sense, and ends up with a hit because of her lead actress.
Kinda like real life hollywood.