AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-06-25, 02:36   Link #441
Kenshinyoh

2 more eps, lets start praying for a season 2 for next year
Kenshinyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 02:56   Link #442
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshinyoh
2 more eps, lets start praying for a season 2 for next year

Yeah, if the Kanon remake is 26 episodes (as mentioned) then it'll probably end sometime in early 2007. Ugh >_<
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 07:40   Link #443
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
But this is the anime, not the novel!

...And like you said she was heading back to the clubroom: to get more flyers.

Which audience was her movie playing to? Since she managed to get her movie shown five times that day.......she needed to keep promoting it. Which leads back into my previous post: Why would she trouble herself helping the band when she had a movie to promote?
Well, yes, my previous conjecture was based on the Anime, not the novel, as was the quote there by Haruhi (H).

And no, I didnt say she was heading back to the room to get more flyers, you must realise, we do not know for sure. Yes, she may be going back to get more flyers. Or, she may be totally out of flyers and may not need to promote anymore. Two things to consider: (1) I don't see how see could continue doing another promotion of the movie; with her SOS members essentially split up - Yuki in fortune telling; Koizumi in the play, Mikuru in the maid outfit () (2) Can anyone zoom into the playlist? It appears that the movie runs for 20 minutes. 5 screenings, 100 minutes, 1 hr 40 minutes. Assuming an intermission of 30 mintues, and that the other two (6 and 7) are also 20 minutes, might it be possible to also say that the whole thing/concert took place after the movies had finished screening? I do not see any reference to time. In fact, there was a time jump. And I think it is significant that the time jump occured before we saw the "background happenings." Like you implied, Haruhi wouldn't be the kind to leave her post while the movies were running; what about if they had finished?

Sorry if I sound desperate. The point I want to put across is that this episode leaves us no way to be able to absolutely conclude that she neglected her duty to promote the movie in favour of singing.

Ardee, no offense, but I feel that you're trying to cram what ever you come across so as to fit into your viewpoint.. (then again, don't we all? ^) But anyway, we are all entitled to that right - yeah, I enjoyed the discussions too
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 07:50   Link #444
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Omnipotent she may be, Haruhi is still human and capable of kindness, though it is in very little steps, it is better than none at all. I don't see what is there to argue about.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 09:42   Link #445
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Well, yes, my previous conjecture was based on the Anime, not the novel, as was the quote there by Haruhi (H).

And no, I didnt say she was heading back to the room to get more flyers, you must realise, we do not know for sure. Yes, she may be going back to get more flyers. Or, she may be totally out of flyers and may not need to promote anymore. Two things to consider: (1) I don't see how see could continue doing another promotion of the movie; with her SOS members essentially split up - Yuki in fortune telling; Koizumi in the play, Mikuru in the maid outfit () (2) Can anyone zoom into the playlist? It appears that the movie runs for 20 minutes. 5 screenings, 100 minutes, 1 hr 40 minutes. Assuming an intermission of 30 mintues, and that the other two (6 and 7) are also 20 minutes, might it be possible to also say that the whole thing/concert took place after the movies had finished screening? I do not see any reference to time. In fact, there was a time jump. And I think it is significant that the time jump occured before we saw the "background happenings." Like you implied, Haruhi wouldn't be the kind to leave her post while the movies were running; what about if they had finished?

Sorry if I sound desperate. The point I want to put across is that this episode leaves us no way to be able to absolutely conclude that she neglected her duty to promote the movie in favour of singing.

Ardee, no offense, but I feel that you're trying to cram what ever you come across so as to fit into your viewpoint.. (then again, don't we all? ^) But anyway, we are all entitled to that right - yeah, I enjoyed the discussions too
Well the last screening of the movie is at 3pm... ...so she would've been there all day. Let's assume the episode starts with the first showing... give half an hour to an hour for Kyon's wonderings before he met his classmates just in front of where Haruhi met the band, and it appears that singing was more important than promotion.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 10:06   Link #446
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Well the last screening of the movie is at 3pm... ...so she would've been there all day. Let's assume the episode starts with the first showing... give half an hour to an hour for Kyon's wonderings before he met his classmates just in front of where Haruhi met the band, and it appears that singing was more important than promotion.
Did it ever occurred to anyone that Haruhi is a fickle person? Someone who can be distracted, and change her mind in a flash? Example: They went to investigate the missing Computer club president, but when she found nothing and got hungry, Haruhi called the whole thing off and went home.

Haruhi changes her priorities all the time, almost seemingly at random. What she considered most important is whatever she decided to be important right now, not what she decided five minutes ago. No one asked her to help; she forced herself in, like always. And because the idea was hers rather than anyone else's, Haruhi expected to do another thankless task as always.

Haruhi did what she did for selfish reasons; she didn't like what is happening, so like every other time, she hijacked the situation and took command.

Haruhi was surprised at the thanks, because she never believed that she was doing anyone a favour.

As for the promotion of the film... What of it? Haruhi decides what is or isn't important, not anyone else.
Old 2006-06-25, 10:24   Link #447
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
bout time for ep 13 thread...
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 10:27   Link #448
Lost

Nice points about her being fickled minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Haruhi did what she did for selfish reasons; she didn't like what is happening, so like every other time, she hijacked the situation and took command.
oooo, thats an interesting point.. but nah, i don't think you can say she hijacked the situation. She only offered to help right?
Old 2006-06-25, 10:32   Link #449
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
oooo, thats an interesting point.. but nah, i don't think you can say she hijacked the situation. She only offered to help right?
There's probably no actual canon basis for this, but I can imagine Haruhi's way of "offering to help" being pretty much identical to what a random Student Council member would testify as "hijacking".
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 10:36   Link #450
Lost

Haha possible ... Then again, she did have to get the go ahead from the injured members first.
Old 2006-06-25, 11:33   Link #451
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Haha possible ... Then again, she did have to get the go ahead from the injured members first.
Since when does Haruhi ever ask for permission on anything? Most likely, she just shouted "Lets GO! There is no time to lose!" and dragged the entire band to the music room for practice. The band likely went alone with it because it was a better idea than what they had in mind.

This is my explanation for Haruhi's surprise at being thanked; she expected to get yelled or screamed at, since that's the common response to anything Haruhi ever decided to do as far as she is concerned.

EDIT:

Saw screen-caps of episode 13... Nothing extra-ordinary, as I don't like Itsuki on principle. Lack Yuki. Good Haruhi back-story as expected. (Backstory is only partial; they would need a second season if they want to tell the whole story.)

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2006-06-25 at 11:50.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 11:48   Link #452
Anime Online

Come on, it's right there in the anime.

At 16:33, Haruhi said "So then I said this, 'How about I stand in for you?'

At 16:42, Haruhi said "I said I could handle the singing part". To which Okajima-san and Zaizen-san reportedly replied "You might be able to pull it off"

So, then, Haruhi did ask first. The band members then considered her offer and agreed.
Old 2006-06-25, 11:52   Link #453
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
Come on, it's right there in the anime.

At 16:33, Haruhi said "So then I said this, 'How about I stand in for you?'

At 16:42, Haruhi said "I said I could handle the singing part". To which Okajima-san and Zaizen-san reportedly replied "You might be able to pull it off"

So, then, Haruhi did ask first. The band members then considered her offer and agreed.
That doesn't mean Harui wasn't dragging the two healthy band members by their wrists half-way towards the music room when they agreed; Haruhi never take no for an answer except from Kyon, and she often act before she even finishes talking.
Old 2006-06-25, 12:13   Link #454
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

A bit off topic, but where's the episode 13 thread? Surely I've not heard of anything about the episode being delayed one week. Usually the mods would prepare the episode thread hours before it airs so discussion of it can begin.

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 12:14   Link #455
Lost

Actually, she was dragging someone. Remember those background events? She was running and dragging Yuki behind her. As for whether she dragged the members or not. I dont know. She seemed to be pretty subordinate (ZOMG.. Haruhi, subordinate!?!??! Its the end of the world!! ) and generally "nice" to them. Thru out the episode. Nothing to suggest she manhandled them.

Hmm. Must get #13 RAW. Only a matter of time.
Old 2006-06-25, 12:22   Link #456
M.D. Geist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
A bit off topic, but where's the episode 13 thread? Surely I've not heard of anything about the episode being delayed one week. Usually the mods would prepare the episode thread hours before it airs so discussion of it can begin.
there are already pictures out there...

loli haruhi seems cute...
Old 2006-06-25, 12:24   Link #457
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Catgirls, the Mod generally responsible for this subforum, appear to be absent right now.

Luckily there isn't too many interesting images because this episode had a lot of talking... Though the younger Haruhi was cute.
Old 2006-06-25, 12:32   Link #458
Anime Online

Quote:
Actually, she was dragging someone. Remember those background events? She was running and dragging Yuki behind her. As for whether she dragged the members or not. I dont know. She seemed to be pretty subordinate (ZOMG.. Haruhi, subordinate!?!??! Its the end of the world!! ) and generally "nice" to them. Thru out the episode. Nothing to suggest she manhandled them.

Hmm. Must get #13 RAW. Only a matter of time.

You mean this part of the anime?

Yeap, that's Haruhi dragging Yuki along alright. Oh wait, actually she wasn't. KyoAni must have drew that shot wrongly.
Old 2006-06-25, 12:34   Link #459
Xellos-_^
Married

Sorry if this was posted already but I didn't see the Ep13 thread.

2chan link

http://dat.2chan.net/18/res/3103878.htm

Could someone tell me why the haruhi 2ch episode thread is always double with that crap of a series himiwari?
Old 2006-06-25, 13:51   Link #460
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That doesn't mean Harui wasn't dragging the two healthy band members by their wrists half-way towards the music room when they agreed; Haruhi never take no for an answer except from Kyon, and she often act before she even finishes talking.
IMO, she wouldn't have asked the question in the first place if she was going to drag the 2 members and do whatever she wanted. It just wouldn't make sense. If she had asked the question, then she would be willing to listen to the answer. If she wasn't, then she wouldn't have ask the question in the first place.

And I disagree with the last statement. Haruhi simply doesn't ask for permission, that's why she doesn't even have the chance to get a no. She is the danchou, and others in the dan listen to her, so she doesn't really have the chance ever to have to listen to others' opinion other than Kyon's. However in this case, she is interacting with people outside the SOS dan, and she isn't the superior anymore, so she asked for permission.
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote