AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 14:51   Link #301
T.V.

Whispereds.. that'll be a hard one to explain without plotholes.

If they all are born on the same day, 12-24-1984, then it most likely is a singular event that caused them to become Whispereds. (Aurora Borealis?..)
Aliens could be an answer as some mentioned, because the Whispereds contain knowledge not yet known to man.

This is unlikely to be caused by a freakish random event.

It could be that the scientific data was passed on in altered genes.
Genetic modification made them into Whispereds, but some genes also contained raw scientific data, rather than just biological.
These programmed certain parts of the brain to develop in such a way to recreate the state of a brain that contains such knowledge.
Which in itself is difficult, since a brain acts like a muscle rather than a harddrive.
Brains need to be trained/conditioned to perform optimally and can degenerate without conditioning.

The weird thing is, they do not only know basic and advanced scientific principles, but also have imprinted knowledge about certain devices, such as a Lambda-driver.
It's as if they're infused with the required data to build and understand specific machines.
Much like manufacturing plans with added scientific background knowledge.
It sounds a bit like the movie Contact (with Jodie Foster), where aliens send plans for an interstellar travelling machine, disguised as an RF transmission.

So, what's the purpose if giving certain individuals to ability to build highly advanced weapons?
Wether there are aliens at work or not, they're of a less benign kind than the ones in the Jodie Foster movie.

I haven't read the novels, so others are probably less in the dark than I am about the subject.

*ponders some more...*
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:15   Link #302
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V. View Post
If they all are born on the same day, 12-24-1984
We only know that Chidori and Tessa are born the same day. For example we don't know the birthday of Bunny Morauta we only know he was supposed to be 16 when Sousuke has ask Al about him in ODBD so he was also born in 1984 but thats all.

I think the 12/24/1984 is here to put en emphasis on a special relation between Chidori and Kaname and nothing else but at the same time we are really in need of information about the Whispered
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:18   Link #303
T.V.

Hence the "if"...

However, from as little as we know, it seems to be that way, even though Leonard looks at least 2 years older than his sis.
In the anime, he looks comparable in age to Kurtz, and a bit older than Sousuke.

Btw, Sousuke is about a year older than Chidori and Tessa, isn't he?
Old 2006-10-15, 21:38   Link #304
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.V. View Post
The weird thing is, they do not only know basic and advanced scientific principles, but also have imprinted knowledge about certain devices, such as a Lambda-driver.
It's as if they're infused with the required data to build and understand specific machines.
Much like manufacturing plans with added scientific background knowledge.
It sounds a bit like the movie Contact (with Jodie Foster), where aliens send plans for an interstellar travelling machine, disguised as an RF transmission.
I watched that! It sucked! I hate movies and anime with melodramatic ends, namely Chrono Crusade, NGE, and F/SN. I'd much rather FMP! have a happy ending, perhaps even a funny ending, rather than an introspective depressing ending, like Contact and AI by Steven Speilburg, ect. Am I asking too much for the writer to make me laugh at the ending? To want to show it to others? [/rant]
Old 2006-10-16, 01:01   Link #305
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
I watched that! It sucked! I hate movies and anime with melodramatic ends, namely Chrono Crusade, NGE, and F/SN. I'd much rather FMP! have a happy ending, perhaps even a funny ending, rather than an introspective depressing ending, like Contact and AI by Steven Speilburg, ect. Am I asking too much for the writer to make me laugh at the ending? To want to show it to others? [/rant]
i kinda like melodramatic endings. if everything has a happy ending i would puke. no, im not puking at u, no offence. 1 word, shakespear. 2 words, romeo and juliet, ok that was 3 so wateva. more words wahahaha how u like that suckah........ok ummmm 1st point is that u can always guess the endng for those types of show u mentions and by gone, if u said that wasnt the right course of action, i will fight u. thats no lie. heeheehee its a line from will ferell, no offence. so even tho melodramtic endings are the right course of action, taking a different route would be absurb. but hey, u tag along for the ride anyway. for me, i can take it, i can take it in, absorb it, feel the melodrama, accept it, feel a lil sad with it, its all good since i kinda like want them to make me sad, can i say just like u want them to make u happy instead?? no?? anyway i can also appreciate a happy ending but coming to terms and accept the melodrama is more satisfying for me nowadays. happy endings are just cheap fairy tale to me. yes that was a shot at u.....no not really...wateva.

oh yea, ppl dont have to change their views on life or personality or wateva to make a good show. a bit too wishful thinking and fairy tale expecto. its a point i found from your post on the FSN forum

Last edited by jimbo98765; 2006-10-16 at 07:46.
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 07:35   Link #306
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
MMD07 is finally at hand.
Spoiler:

Just wait for the next episode few weeks later and the answers will be found!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 07:52   Link #307
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
MMD07 is finally at hand.
Spoiler:

Just wait for the next episode few weeks later and the answers will be found!

Hunter Seeker, ftw once again
Old 2006-10-16, 10:18   Link #308
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
At the moment, we saw Leonard's sad past (forgot the name of that method)
You mean a forced telepathic flashback? Resonance?

Anyhow, thanks a ton! On another note, does the Behemoth-i model have the same weakness as the original Behemoth?

And wouldn't a M9D be worse (older) than an M9E? Or am I thinking backwards?
Old 2006-10-16, 10:38   Link #309
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

From what I know M9D is the dark-blue M9 in TDD team. (Forgot the pilot's name but he's Uruz 1)
And we don't know if the Benemoth-i have the same weakness as before......Yet.
Old 2006-10-16, 11:42   Link #310
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
From what I know M9D is the dark-blue M9 in TDD team. (Forgot the pilot's name but he's Uruz 1)
And we don't know if the Benemoth-i have the same weakness as before......Yet.
The M9E Falke is Belfangan Clouseau's (or Clouzot - both French spellings are acceptable) Arm Slave (easily recognizable with the bulbous shoulder joints and the twin antennas jutting from both sides of the head) while the M9E Gernsback is the standard issue mech of MITHRIL's front lines. The M9E-006 is Mao's custom version with the trademark, horn-like ECM/multifunction antenna array.
Dunno whether the other TDD mechs are still operational after the raid on Merida island or if they're just down to three mechs (Mao, Bel, Kurz).

Quote:
And wouldn't a M9D be worse (older) than an M9E? Or am I thinking backwards?
The suffix letter doesn't necessarily represent their position in the family tree; for all we could know they might be two different paths taken by the M9 program with different results or they were meant for diverging purposes - or it could also be that the M9D was finalized later than the M9E or just that it incorporates different concepts, therefore implying different performances compared to its cousin the M9E. Knowing that MITHRIL does custom work on its mechas, the odds are even more unpredictable with that little factor thrown in.

The USMC fielded a while ago possibly the final variant of the M60 - the M60E(3/4). Even though it had an unshielded barrel, a forward hand grip and a lower rate of fire, it still remained a technical failure that made some people even regret the old, original M60 (derived from the German MG42 from WWII). Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better. For example, the Beretta M9 (AKA B. 92FS) is a world-acclaimed pistol but in certain areas, like the USMC, it's not considered as effective as the very old Colt M1911 .45ACP...which was created in 1911 (they even had to bring back a Commando variant of the Colt to sate some .45 fanatics).
Old 2006-10-16, 15:32   Link #311
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The M9E Falke is Belfangan Clouseau's (or Clouzot - both French spellings are acceptable) Arm Slave (easily recognizable with the bulbous shoulder joints and the twin antennas jutting from both sides of the head) while the M9E Gernsback is the standard issue mech of MITHRIL's front lines. The M9E-006 is Mao's custom version with the trademark, horn-like ECM/multifunction antenna array.
Dunno whether the other TDD mechs are still operational after the raid on Merida island or if they're just down to three mechs (Mao, Bel, Kurz).

The suffix letter doesn't necessarily represent their position in the family tree; for all we could know they might be two different paths taken by the M9 program with different results or they were meant for diverging purposes - or it could also be that the M9D was finalized later than the M9E or just that it incorporates different concepts, therefore implying different performances compared to its cousin the M9E. Knowing that MITHRIL does custom work on its mechas, the odds are even more unpredictable with that little factor thrown in.

The USMC fielded a while ago possibly the final variant of the M60 - the M60E(3/4). Even though it had an unshielded barrel, a forward hand grip and a lower rate of fire, it still remained a technical failure that made some people even regret the old, original M60 (derived from the German MG42 from WWII). Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better. For example, the Beretta M9 (AKA B. 92FS) is a world-acclaimed pistol but in certain areas, like the USMC, it's not considered as effective as the very old Colt M1911 .45ACP...which was created in 1911 (they even had to bring back a Commando variant of the Colt to sate some .45 fanatics).

Someone did their homework >: D
Old 2006-10-17, 17:05   Link #312
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Thanks for the tips, but I think I just remembered something that'll answer my question. It's in TSR, when Sosuke and Clouzot go head-to-head. I'm pretty sure someone mentions Clouzot's mech as being older. Of course, I could be wrong again, like I am so often! I need to...acquire...TSR again, and rewatch it...
Old 2006-10-17, 17:32   Link #313
T.V.

That is, Clouseau's mech being older than Sousuke's ARX-7. Not the M9E.

Another thing to note is that in the military industry, older doesn't mean less advanced within the model tree.

For example, the MiG-23S "Flogger" fighter was developed in the '60s as an interceptor. Accompanying the interceptor was a ground attack variant, the MiG-23B
Subsequently a simpler, downgraded derivative, the MiG-23BN was developed to offer a cheaper ground attack aircraft.
It's more or less the standard MiG-23B with the most expensive parts, like the radar, complicated afterburner nozzle, etc. removed or replaced with simpler parts.

In respect the the M9D Falcke, I think it was a more advanced, costly to produce, pre-production model, before the M9E production standard came into service.

It's kinda like the grunt MSs being derived from a more advanced Gundam prototype.
Old 2006-10-19, 22:27   Link #314
shiki-sama

hunter where are you getting the summarys? are you reading the chinese translations of the japanese script? if you are, could you link me plz ^.^;; tyvm
shiki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 00:03   Link #315
ven_Gy`r

ahehhehhe ^_^ well by the way HunterSeeker addition to what shiki-sama have said i would also like to thank most especially to you ( HunterSeeker ) and ppol here for posting the summaries and information about the events happened of FMP "Anime of the Year !!" /gg.......I WAS HOPING THAT THEY WILL BRING IT ON THE SCREEN FULL ANIMATION...COZ I GONNA BUY THE CD FOR SURE..../gg

guyz... If you already have the latest details, links or summaries of it please dear friends kindly POST IT !!! T_T coz im excite to read it !!!!..........

THANK YOU AND GODBLESS....!!!

OVER and OUT !!!!!
ven_Gy`r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 06:24   Link #316
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

I read Chinese-translated version. I'll only go to these sites for the reading and see where's the fastest to release the news......
http://www.cnfmp.net/bbs
http://tancochan.yculblog.com
http://bbs.dmzj.com/thread-htm-fid-126.html
Old 2006-10-20, 08:01   Link #317
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
I read Chinese-translated version. I'll only go to these sites for the reading and see where's the fastest to release the news......
http://www.cnfmp.net/bbs
http://tancochan.yculblog.com
http://bbs.dmzj.com/thread-htm-fid-126.html
LOL when HunterSeeker always posts something, I always get excited and think "NEW STUFF!" lol
Old 2006-10-20, 10:13   Link #318
ven_Gy`r

ehehehe thanks for the links HunterSeeker although i cant get through with it for some reasons >.< i'll just gonna be patient and w8 for the latest post happened to FMP "tsudou Make my Day" next chapter (after MMD07) Im really excited to read it.......oh by the way HunterSeeker "you did a great JOB !!" also to Kaname and everyone else.....

if ever you already have the latest event ^_^ kindly post it, It really help me a lot...

JUST REMEMBER PEOPLE !!!

"No matter what the cost, IM WITH YOU TO THE END....!!"
Just Be Alwayz On the Good Side...../gg

thank you and godlbess
Merry Christmas !!!
Old 2006-10-20, 14:11   Link #319
shiki-sama

tyvm hunter~~~ <3 <3 <3
mee <3 you long time~~

now time to go through those huge message boards *__*
shiki-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 02:29   Link #320
ven_Gy`r

Red face

well well hello guyz.......ahehhehehhe with the help of our fellow members especially hunterseeker im grateful to be well informed and express my own opinion....

chidori teases leonard about his past...which makes him furious and pushes her onto the bed [resonating] after that leonard told something to her which is not right the way she think and later on leonard stand up and walk away and then chidori wants to spit fiercely and coughed heavily......poor chidori however GO !! Chidori fight for the person who you deeply love........

and to leonard [the freakoloid]who only rely to his arastols
thats what happen if you steal something very precious to a person and only preserve to whom they love dearly.

well on my opinion leonard is very very jealous to souske coz after all the experiences he [souske] has - he witness how cruel is life can be when you dont have anybody to rely on...run to raining bullets... hes enemies enjoyed his life to be killed.. and terrorized all his comrads and the people he was ordered to protect are died instantly infront of his eyes..... and yet souske never turn his back nor hide to his past, he continously fight to live "life must go on", hoping that soon this will be over and everthing is going to be fine..... moreover i think Chidori will make her own move [using her "whisper" ability] to help souske defeat the varial....(only my guess)
ahoohohoho....

oh guys If you already have the latest event happened to FMP after MMD07 kindly POST IT !!.....thanks coz im excite to read it......>.<

GO !! Souske !! rescue Chidori !!! shes waiting for YOU !! ^_^

I HOPE FMP 4TH SEASON WILL BE ON AIR !!!!!

godbless ppol....

Last edited by ven_Gy`r; 2006-10-21 at 06:00.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen