AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 21:27   Link #4061
aniyeri

At the end we will have not a Japanese environment. Probably they will make a movie that takes place in USA (like transformers). And, probably we will have a more "children" movie. So, I'm afraid of having a peaceful Sousuke and a calm Kaname.... I just don't want this movie. Someone ask where did I read the piece of news http://titania713.blogspot.com/ (this is where). I really trust this person. She has done the best translations of the FMP novel into Spanish. She is a real fan, so she wouldn't publish something that is not trust (the page is in Spanish, sorry for that)
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:36   Link #4062
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Still, blogs are not a reliable source. Even on Animenewsnetwork which is pretty reliable its stated that he is in talks about being in the movie, not necesarily as Sousuke.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:53   Link #4063
Crisano

I read that blog post and it did not say that the movie will not have a Japanese environment (unless I misunderstood your post in which I apologize). Also, has Transformers ever exclusively been set in Japan? Even then, each Transformers television was set up in a different time (considering all the different characters that joined up with the Transformers), so I do not see what the movie did wrong in making it set place in the United States. Transformers has a bit more liberty, I believe. Full Metal Panic has set locations, though.

I keep checking this thread to see if new info pops up, but none has appeared yet. I'm hoping we get more info soon.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 00:46   Link #4064
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, if the movie took place in the States, I am guessing they would not have the same names as well. No offense to Americans, but Hollywood just screws everything up.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 01:16   Link #4065
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

You don't insult anyone but Hollywood when you insult...Hollywood
Old 2009-04-13, 02:32   Link #4066
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Well, if the movie took place in the States, I am guessing they would not have the same names as well. No offense to Americans, but Hollywood just screws everything up.
Haha this is true. I don't think anyone would debate against that really, not even Americans. Well, for the most part atleast.
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 08:09   Link #4067
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Yah, like ive said before, there are somethings that are better left untouched. I dont know why they dont learn from their mistakes, though. Considering all the things in FMP and then trying to target an American audience with said content is pretty much retarded.
Old 2009-04-13, 08:10   Link #4068
animpo

If they will really create it in America, and they will change the story b'coz of

the weapons... the movie wouldn't be FMP anymore. Like the screwed Dragonballs.

They will just use the title(FMP) to promote it to FMP fans.

D*mn it, whoever follows the footsteps of the creators of the English Dragonball movie.
Old 2009-04-13, 11:44   Link #4069
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

I guess they will not learn until they have masscred every single manga and comic in the planet. First was Dragonabll, next i Cowboy Bebop followd by FMP.
Old 2009-04-13, 13:16   Link #4070
SkoolRumble4Ya

Dragonball failed the moment we heard about the actors. Cowboy Bebop might turn out good because the script is being read by the creators. Fmp is too early to tell.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:33   Link #4071
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

WEll yah, but so far I know that Spike will be played by keanu reaves. Dragonball was a huge fail even if you dont count the actors. The story was completely deformed and altered. As for FMP, I stand by my opinion that it will be another fail due to the content of the story. Making it for a US audicience will force it to change dramatically, therefore screweing the original story. And as of right now, just reading Zac Efron for FMP made me instantly go "FAIL!!!!"
Old 2009-04-13, 19:37   Link #4072
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
yeah its going to be fail.

Cowboy Bebop does stand some kind of chance though, but they'll screw it up.
Old 2009-04-13, 21:09   Link #4073
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...The main gag/theme behind Full Metal Panic is a male high school student bringing fire arms and explosives to a high school. How exactly would anyone read that and expect to turn it into a majorly popular movie in the States?

Hopefully Dragon Ball tanking will convince everyone that this is a stupid idea.

But really. What's the point of this? Dragon Ball had name recognition for it's wide spread popularity and Cow Boy Bebop had recognition for it's excellent story telling quality. What kind of name recognition does FMP have in the mainstream?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 21:32   Link #4074
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Yah, it surprised me that they wanted to do a FMP movie which is not as big as other mecha related franchises. Gundam would have had a bigger audience imo. And well have to see about Cowboy bebop. The good thing about it its that its not set in a special place since its in space, therefore location is not an issue. BUt with FMP where its highly dependant on location and content, it becomes a huge problem
Old 2009-04-13, 21:33   Link #4075
aniyeri

Well, I think that everyone agrees that the movie should'nt be done. Now I have a question about the novels. I have read all the summaries of the novels here, but because my native language is Spanish with all the tecnical names I got lost on certain point. Well, actually I lost a character, what happend with Kalinin?
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:16   Link #4076
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyeri View Post
Well, I think that everyone agrees that the movie should'nt be done. Now I have a question about the novels. I have read all the summaries of the novels here, but because my native language is Spanish with all the tecnical names I got lost on certain point. Well, actually I lost a character, what happend with Kalinin?
Spoiler for Kalinin:

Feel free to correct me if I've messed anything up, but I don't think I have. I did this from memory though and it's been awhile since I've read some of the books so...
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:35   Link #4077
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Yah, it surprised me that they wanted to do a FMP movie which is not as big as other mecha related franchises. Gundam would have had a bigger audience imo. And well have to see about Cowboy bebop. The good thing about it its that its not set in a special place since its in space, therefore location is not an issue. BUt with FMP where its highly dependant on location and content, it becomes a huge problem
For Gundam they got G-Saviour a while ago which was also an epic fail in the eyes of the fans.
Really, the best LAM I watched for an adopted franchise was Silent Hill, particularly because of its ease of entry into the market as an horror movie.

I read over the comments over the net these days and 90%+ comments doesn't like the idea of a FMP LAM. But I don't think Hollywood will stop because of these though......

Spoiler for more stuff about Kalinin:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 02:53   Link #4078
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

What happened with the character releationships after "The Second Raid" ?
Teletha „Tessa“ Testarossa -> Sousuke Sagara <- Kaname Chidori
Melissa Mao -> Kurz Weber
Old 2009-04-14, 02:55   Link #4079
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

aniyeri, dime en que parte te quedastes con Kalinin y yo hare lo mejor que pueda para explicarte.

Last edited by sr7olsniper; 2009-04-14 at 20:33.
Old 2009-04-14, 07:20   Link #4080
animpo

What!? Ano sabi mo?

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen