AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Old 2009-04-22, 21:26   Link #4201
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i agree with the first part. well the second part as well.

i just finished watching Martian Successor Nadesico the series and the Movie the Prince of Darkness and if Full Metal Panic ends anything like that i am going to absolutely loose it and kill anyone that had to do with such a shitty ending.

There has to be a happy ending for Sousuke and Kaname i just cannot see why Gatoh wouldn't end it in a good way after all these years of hardships and waiting for Sousuke, Kaname and US!
Uh, WTF? PoD is just different style than the seem ingly-comedic TV series and it's simply epic. That being said, Nadesico isn't just a "LOL THAT HAPPENS" comedy but kinda involves topics about life------and PoD just represents it admirably.

I also like to see happy ending as well, but sometimes I can't stand people who insist "it is a must". Unless the whole thing about Whispered is dealt, there won't be a possible "good" ending for the two. As a sidenote, I'm treating FMP as a real-life story so I believe that deaths are deaths, and hard life can be no end. That's the way I enjoy the thing after DBD.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 22:41   Link #4202
aniyeri

I would love to have a happy ending as well; however I agree with Hunter, real life is not like that. Also, lots of the animes, books, mangas and series that I like the most don't really have a happy ending. In my case, I rather to have a good ending that don't origins questions like "...and what happen with something/someone?"
But, I insist, Sousuke and Chidore will have their "happy ending" if they are together again, even if that means dying for both...
aniyeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 22:47   Link #4203
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

i doubt that will be considered a happy ending. My ending would be tath somehow Sophia is dealt with and therefore whispereds are no more. Then they can be together again and go back to the school like Sousuke promised, etc etc
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 23:34   Link #4204
TigerII
Pilot in Training

It is hard for me to treat something with massive piloted humanoid machines that have the ability to create energy shields and such, and people with the ability to tap into a mystic information center.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 23:44   Link #4205
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
It is hard for me to treat something with massive piloted humanoid machines that have the ability to create energy shields and such, and people with the ability to tap into a mystic information center.
I mean humans' lives within but not the background of the story.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 23:52   Link #4206
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Okay, I can understand that
Old 2009-04-23, 21:42   Link #4207
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Man, its boring with no one posting anything
Old 2009-04-23, 23:28   Link #4208
NoLongerSane

Well, with all the seriousness happening between Sousuke and Chidore in the current novels, one can hope that things turn out well with those two at the end. From what I have read in the postings and in the translations, it appears that returning to school life is a definate no. So one can hope that if they both survive this ordeal, that they are given an ending that suits the fans of this series.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 01:09   Link #4209
shutazen

Sorry, but I just had to share this. I found this very funny when I was translating chapter 2 of NOT. Although I think HunterSeeker already shared this with everyone, I just have to let it out:

Spoiler for Wraith's real name:
shutazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 01:38   Link #4210
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutazen View Post
Sorry, but I just had to share this. I found this very funny when I was translating chapter 2 of NOT. Although I think HunterSeeker already shared this with everyone, I just have to let it out:

Omg haha yah i laughed when i saw that, Specially since Wraith is supposed to be all serious.
Old 2009-04-24, 02:41   Link #4211
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:

LOL! Whose name was that? Don't think I caught that yet.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 03:34   Link #4212
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:

Full Metal Panic

likes this
Old 2009-04-25, 05:35   Link #4213
animpo

Gzz...

No news for the next novel?
Old 2009-04-25, 07:05   Link #4214
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

Just 2 more novels left until FMP is totally finished for the English audience. O_o

(Unless you count the other 10 novels that deal with side stories)
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 07:33   Link #4215
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

??? What do you mean. So far only NOT is left and shutazen is already translating it. If you are talking about the offical ones, TokyoFAIL only has up to vol 4
Old 2009-04-25, 16:17   Link #4216
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Maybe he is talking about his translations?
Old 2009-04-25, 18:01   Link #4217
illuminatus8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
??? What do you mean. So far only NOT is left and shutazen is already translating it. If you are talking about the offical ones, TokyoFAIL only has up to vol 4
They only did the first 3. Ends at the end of season 1.
illuminatus8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:41   Link #4218
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

NOt really, check online and they already have Volume 4. IT was released Dec 2008. You wont be able to find it for sale though, ive looked. BUt it is showed that at somepoint they had it, amazon at least has it shown, and also if you look on ISBN there is one for VOl 4
Old 2009-04-25, 20:59   Link #4219
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Yeah. Agree.

Currently, they don't have it. Probably thanks to the economic crisis we're having.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 21:32   Link #4220
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yep. With major corporations tanking, it wasn't hard to think that a market that, at the moment, is only a niche market in the West would be severely hurt. From this point, things are only going to get worse as well.

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen