AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-01-06, 09:17   Link #4901
killersaint
FMPtard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Don't see anything good in this news. Just that at spring you will get another note that the release as postponed for another year and then for another and in the end having a likely tragic end to it just because it adds the pretentious depth to the story... (Sorry, have no faith in Gatoh at all or his schedule for that matter).
ah... we have a realist among us.

my suggested solution?
get hooked on something else in the meantime so you forget about the unfathomably long wait. (may i suggest Hetalia?)
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 10:40   Link #4902
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
ah... we have a realist among us.

my suggested solution?
get hooked on something else in the meantime so you forget about the unfathomably long wait. (may i suggest Hetalia?)
Ah, no need to worry about that. The long pauses between releases and crappy plot development (in later volumes) kind of unhooked me from FMP already.

Now I am just dropping in for once in a while just to know how the story end simply because I spent many years following it, rather than I am interested in it now. There are barely any emotions left regarding it, just a feeling that I need to know the ending so I can put it behind me. It started great, but in later volumes it took a turn for worse and the long breaks did its job for me.

One thing I learned from all this is that you cannot trust Gatoh when we talk about his schedules...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:27   Link #4903
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Ah, no need to worry about that. The long pauses between releases and crappy plot development (in later volumes) kind of unhooked me from FMP already.

Now I am just dropping in for once in a while just to know how the story end simply because I spent many years following it, rather than I am interested in it now. There are barely any emotions left regarding it, just a feeling that I need to know the ending so I can put it behind me. It started great, but in later volumes it took a turn for worse and the long breaks did its job for me.

One thing I learned from all this is that you cannot trust Gatoh when we talk about his schedules...
I agree. I've really forgotten about FMP, since there hasn't been anything new out. I seriously doubt that the last novel will come out this spring. And yes, talk about long. His last novel was wayyyyy back. Like 2 years ago. I'm kind of at the same standpoint as Darknemo, I just want to see how it ends.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 05:01   Link #4904
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Uh, beat me to that.
But then I care about the main plot more than the shorts......And no, since I kept my eye on anything FMP related offline, as well as my 2 Revoltech ARX on my desk and a volume of Dengeki Hobby with a section about its mechanics, I forget nothing but shit.

However, I seriously disagree that late volumes took a bad turn in terms of storyline, just like how people complained PoD to the Nadesico TV.
__________________
Obviously ,hope is the first step to the road of disappointment.
But no fear, people can only overcome disappointment when one still has hope in the mind.
So keep on fighting UNTIL THE GOAL IS REACHED!!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 14:56   Link #4905
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Well, I didn't think that the latest novels were bad; they were pretty suspenseful and kept me wondering what would happen next. But the long wait for what does happen next killed it.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 15:43   Link #4906
killersaint
FMPtard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 24
i kind of feel the same...

i just wasn't interested in the lastest novels because they were too much exposition and not enough action. i just want an END at this point. a good one, dammit.

i like to say that my fandom is in hibernation and will emerge anew when there exists something to get excited about. if the anime ever gets a new season, i'll be a total 'tard about it.
til then... not really feelin' it.
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 09:03   Link #4907
Kovikow
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
i kind of feel the same...

i just wasn't interested in the lastest novels because they were too much exposition and not enough action. i just want an END at this point. a good one, dammit.

i like to say that my fandom is in hibernation and will emerge anew when there exists something to get excited about. if the anime ever gets a new season, i'll be a total 'tard about it.
til then... not really feelin' it.
Same with the anime. My problem is if the storyline gets into the fights/action, it will be kinda spoil to read it instead of watching, i mean i like the novels, but in the anime the fight scenes were much better and exciting. and i'd miss all the face expressions of the characters, ok i can use my imagination but then if they do a season after the reading of the finale, it won't be the same.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:38   Link #4908
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovikow View Post
Same with the anime. My problem is if the storyline gets into the fights/action, it will be kinda spoil to read it instead of watching, i mean i like the novels, but in the anime the fight scenes were much better and exciting. and i'd miss all the face expressions of the characters, ok i can use my imagination but then if they do a season after the reading of the finale, it won't be the same.

Well, the anime is done nicely. TSR was 13 episodes, and fairly down to the point. If they do finish the anime, it'll be 2 seasons probably. I could survive that. I'm not sure if I will even read the "new" novel coming out (supposedly), It'll take a while for it to be translated anyway.
darkdarkdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 00:34   Link #4909
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
I already added a friendly comment on Gatou's blog...

i hope he listens...


http://gatoh.com/weblog/2010/01/post_71.html#comments

From USA Americas! We await your final book too! We are major fans do not forget us! Story is loved all around the world and we hope for an amazing ending! Short stories after the ending please! We would love to see a funny moment after the ending ...

will they kiss!? I hope so! Don't let Kurtz die! * cries *

We love you!

SelilyChidori ~!
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 03:45   Link #4910
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
If you gonna ask me, I'll let Kurtz die for the sake of......building up Sousuke's psychopowers. (Yes, I do mean like that of Z Gundam.) Besides, when one needs to die (with a purpose or in a badass way) then just leave him alone, acting like Fukuda will leave a bad mark on FMP.
__________________
Obviously ,hope is the first step to the road of disappointment.
But no fear, people can only overcome disappointment when one still has hope in the mind.
So keep on fighting UNTIL THE GOAL IS REACHED!!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:49   Link #4911
killersaint
FMPtard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 24
i guess i shouldn't complain, cuz Kurz got a good send-off, but i really like him...

i'd like follow-up on his loose ends (Mao, that girl in the hospital, etc.). and if he has to die for good, bring him back like a badass and kill him off in the Final Battle.
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:35   Link #4912
Kovikow
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
i guess i shouldn't complain, cuz Kurz got a good send-off, but i really like him...

i'd like follow-up on his loose ends (Mao, that girl in the hospital, etc.). and if he has to die for good, bring him back like a badass and kill him off in the Final Battle.
I'd like to see him alive again too, but actually i can't imagine how could that happen. He clearly died, it was darkness etc. Or idk, Gatouh has much fantasy,but FMP is not into magic or wonderful luck of not-main characters. Maybe going back time. Thats no 4 me

Anyways it's true that his line somehow felt kinda incomplete. Yeah the girl in the hospital, but also hes whole life, afterall his big wish was to live a normal life, he would have deserved it. And now he could never have it, only an affair with Mao before the end?
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 12:57   Link #4913
MisterV
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Personally, I'm dreading that it will be a Power Of Love end, with them somehow undoing the alternate history (starting with that experiment in 1984), and then showing how characters live normal lives in our own world. That... would not be amusing.
I do have somewhat more faith in Gatoh though since I've started translating. He doesn't write illogical rubbish, at least as far as I can tell.

Voice from the North - another couple of pages to go...
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 21:10   Link #4914
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Personally, I'm dreading that it will be a Power Of Love end, with them somehow undoing the alternate history (starting with that experiment in 1984), and then showing how characters live normal lives in our own world. That... would not be amusing.
I do have somewhat more faith in Gatoh though since I've started translating. He doesn't write illogical rubbish, at least as far as I can tell.

Voice from the North - another couple of pages to go...
I think there is a possibility that there is a power of love ending...
but..not restarting the whole world without armslaves thing...


perhaphs the reason why Sousuke and Chidori are ment to meet and fall inlove is to END the whispering circle?

wuold be interesting ne?
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 03:23   Link #4915
Kovikow
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
I think there is a possibility that there is a power of love ending...
but..not restarting the whole world without armslaves thing...


perhaphs the reason why Sousuke and Chidori are ment to meet and fall inlove is to END the whispering circle?

wuold be interesting ne?

Yeah thats possible, but how would they end the circle? Currently the only way to do the "normal world" is to redo history, at least thats what Leonard and the otherd baddies think, but maybe theyre wrong, and the world is just ok how is it now. (no it wont be that simple) I also expect something with the theory of Sousuke: that warriors unwritten law thing, where he says that if someone dies, it stays that way, the person really dies. Thats the opposite of Leonards theory. They can bring the person back as a zombie, but thats not him. And maybe later this proves to be true because of the way things happen.
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 10:44   Link #4916
killersaint
FMPtard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovikow View Post
I'd like to see him alive again too, but actually i can't imagine how could that happen. He clearly died, it was darkness etc. Or idk, Gatouh has much fantasy,but FMP is not into magic or wonderful luck of not-main characters. Maybe going back time. Thats no 4 me

Anyways it's true that his line somehow felt kinda incomplete. Yeah the girl in the hospital, but also hes whole life, afterall his big wish was to live a normal life, he would have deserved it. And now he could never have it, only an affair with Mao before the end?
i believe nothing without the presence of a body.
Gauron taught me that.
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 19:06   Link #4917
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 23
Why do they have to redo the world to make it fit RL history? Why don't they just undo the Whispers (not the people, just the signals)?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 23:21   Link #4918
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Why do they have to redo the world to make it fit RL history? Why don't they just undo the Whispers (not the people, just the signals)?
LeoXiao, I believe that is what will happen. Add in the ingredients of interesting unknown plotlines, guts, blood, sweat and tears... and a big awesome kiss in the end...
and a short fumoffu funny ending, and you got yourself a final book...

The key to this ending and how to solve it, is by ending the whispering forever..
Which i believe starts with Chidori. And Sousuke has something to do with it..
Tessa helping of course...

We all know the villian's plan is just plain selfish and wrong..and Chidori (when she was sane) admited that his plan was horrid. (the bed scene in the manor) And he wasn't strong enough to accept life as he had it. Instead he turned vain and wants the world to turn at HIS will..because he thinks he can...

Unlike Sousuke, who had a worst life then he did, had NO parents, had the worst life ever,
yet has a good heart...and accepts the world for what it is...with the good and bad..

(Hell Gauron agrees on that, Leonard admited he told this plan to him and he actually disagreed. If the Hero and his Arch Nemesis actually AGREE that your plan is a pancake failure, ...then crown yourself insane in the membrane my friend cause your a total insane fuktard.)

which of course pisses Leoanrd off..

Anyhow, I think also the combined forces of Tessa and Chidori find a way to seal Sophia...?

Besides, the japanese isn't a fan of trying to REVERT to the original moment..
their more into the "rebuilding after the destruction" not...press the restart button...

It's kinda in their blood after Hiroshima event...
Rebuilding is their strenght..and something they are proud on...

After the armslave war between them is over, and whispering is gone...theres a period of rebuilding...and chidori and sosuuke staring over by going back to school...
__________________

Last edited by selilychidori; 2010-01-13 at 23:38.
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 17:13   Link #4919
kuciy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ukraine
2MisterV: thanks for your transletions of short stories into russian and english language, looking forward to the next stories from Side Arms 2
kuciy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 22:42   Link #4920
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Shadow Moses Island
Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
I'm glad too see the FMP community is still thriving, cant wait for the next novel.

When the voice of the north translation is complete ill update my post on the front page to link to it
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.