AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-01, 17:51   Link #5741
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Well, I've finished my scans, and SOME of the clean-up

Here's the scrapbook album @LJ 'cause I have a feeling photobucket would try to delete that one pic of Kaname...

I still have to do a lot of re-drawing on most of the pics, but as you can tell from the only one I bothered with, it's not exactly my forte. I'm more than willing to provide whatever is needed scan-wise to someone who can do the re-drawing... ^^;;

Enjoy!

@MisterV: Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much for your dedication!! ^__^
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:51   Link #5742
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Well, novel 2 is finished. The link's now in my sig.

It's been fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (and hope that I haven't ruined any of the emotional moments with awkward phrasing... hey, I didn't have time to re-read it thoroughly).

I must say, it was better than I thought, except one thing.
Spoiler:

This is the only big inconsistency that's been bothering me. Otherwise, it was better, and much more intense than I expected. Were this to be animated, it would be simply glorious.
Bows and kisses MISTERV and FeistyDreams feet without any regrets!** : kisskiss:



YAYYYY!! now to read it with little goodies!

I love you MisterV! & FeistyDreams!!!!!!
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:53   Link #5743
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Well, I've finished my scans, and SOME of the clean-up

Here's the scrapbook album @LJ 'cause I have a feeling photobucket would try to delete that one pic of Kaname...

I still have to do a lot of re-drawing on most of the pics, but as you can tell from the only one I bothered with, it's not exactly my forte. I'm more than willing to provide whatever is needed scan-wise to someone who can do the re-drawing... ^^;;

Enjoy!

@MisterV: Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much for your dedication!! ^__^
fiesty whats that scarey picture of Chidori in water? :S....
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:58   Link #5744
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
fiesty whats that scarey picture of Chidori in water? :S....
That's Kaname coming back to herself in her mind with Sophia. Compared with MisterV's translations, page 37 on the PDF
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:10   Link #5745
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Well, novel 2 is finished. The link's now in my sig.

It's been fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (and hope that I haven't ruined any of the emotional moments with awkward phrasing... hey, I didn't have time to re-read it thoroughly).

I must say, it was better than I thought, except one thing.
Spoiler:

This is the only big inconsistency that's been bothering me. Otherwise, it was better, and much more intense than I expected. Were this to be animated, it would be simply glorious.
I'S VERY HAPPY IN MAJOR MAJOR WAY!! you really made my day, i forgot my sickness..

THANK YOU SO MUCH misterV and also Feisty!

now, lemme read the FINAL NOVEL...
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:17   Link #5746
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
where do i find misterv's sig? PLEASE HELP thanx
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:21   Link #5747
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
found it~!!

here: http://xmistervx.livejournal.com/1954.html
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:38   Link #5748
tommole
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Ive finished reading and i have to say it was an amazing ending, thank you so much for the translations, i cant thank you all enough =) Roll on the anime when they get their ass into gear
tommole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 19:19   Link #5749
MisterV
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I edited the original post to include the link to the LJ. I did add it to my signature in the profile here though. Must be some special forum rules for sigs?..

Anyways, thanks to you all. I hope to go back to some funny side stories later, although after a break, I think. Besides... it won't really be the same now.
As to the speed and all that, it's all thanks to the (wonderful, magical) WWWJDIC. I thought everyone knew it though, I don't think there's a better dictionary out there, except maybe some that you can only buy after selling a kidney.

I thought Sousuke wasn't out of character, he actually had some character development. It doesn't make up for Kalinin's character regression though...

EDIT: wait, what? the sig suddenly appeared?
__________________
MisterV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 20:19   Link #5750
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 26
Thanks for spending the time to translate these last two novels, MisterV!

Spoiler for Spoiler:
__________________
If you're interested in what I'm watching, click here.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 02:51   Link #5751
CiNtUrO-cHaN
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
MisterV, thanks again for the translation. I read it yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to stop. I really think that you made a great job, and with that short time... incredible, really. Thanks.

FeistyDreams, thanks a lot for the scanlations! They really help a lot to imagine the events, especially Kaname's outfit. Glad to know I imagined it more or less like it was drawed, some EVA-Azusa version lol.

BTW, I do have a few questions about the ending.

One question about certain translation of names:

Spoiler for Chidori:


And other questions & comments:
Spoiler for iro iro:


I think I can recall any more questions right now. Overall, ZSBM2 is one of the best light novels of FMP. Can't wait to see it animated. And by the way, does anyone know something from Sigma's tankobouns?
CiNtUrO-cHaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 02:59   Link #5752
Illsteir
ARX-Fake
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pasig-Cainta Borderline
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Well, I've finished my scans, and SOME of the clean-up
Here's the scrapbook album
Thanks for these too!
Wow that's one sexy bow.
__________________
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 04:05   Link #5753
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNtUrO-cHaN View Post



One question about certain translation of names:

Spoiler for Chidori:


And other questions & comments:
Spoiler for iro iro:

Names :

I haven't read Mr V's translation yet, but I can assure you that in the japanese version, Sousuke actually spends his time switching crazily.
Spoiler for name-calling:


As for iro iro :

1/ Sorry, can't help. I understand jacksh-t about that Whispered thing, I usually skip these passages because they bore me to hell. I know, I'm bad.

2/ Mizuhoshi, the crazy-crazy art teacher.
Spoiler for paint the town red:


3/
Spoiler for holding out for a hero:



Now, my questions are... When are we gonna see some AL2000 goodness ? And, what are Mao and Sousuke up to ? These two don't seem in a hurry to relinquish their
Spoiler for tools of the trade?:
OOOOH I just can't WAAAAAIIIIIIIT ! People, write some fics ! Gatoh, get your lily-white arse in gear and publish the damn stories you've got "lying around"...
*Lurk's having the time of her life.*

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-02 at 11:25. Reason: coz Lurk' still can't spell...
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:20   Link #5754
meeiwen
Circus Freak
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
I was on the 3rd to the last page of MisterV's translation, and I just couldn't continue reading. It seems like I don't want FMP to end afterall... even after all those years of waiting.. Wah! This is soooooo sad!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:26   Link #5755
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
I was on the 3rd to the last page of MisterV's translation, and I just couldn't continue reading. It seems like I don't want FMP to end afterall... even after all those years of waiting.. Wah! This is soooooo sad!
Ain't ending anytime soon, luv. There'll be one (or two, if we're lucky) light novels, and if we're extra lucky, we'll have some animation.
And remember, the fandom lives on
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:27   Link #5756
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
I still have to do quite a bit of re-drawing on my scans... Any of the scans that need re-drawing have not been cleaned up, since I'd rather do that when they're all together so I can make sure it looks even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Now, my questions are... When are we gonna see some AL2000 goodness ? And, what are Mao and Sousuke up to ? These two don't seem in a hurry to relinquish their
Spoiler for tools of the trade?:
OOOOH I just can't WAAAAAIIIIIIIT ! People, write some fics ! Gatoh, get your lily-white arse in gear and publish the damn stories you've got "lying around"...
*Lurk's having the time of her life.*
I'm working on it, I'm working on it... >.> XDDD

I have a backlog of around 20 fics, although I may well scrap a few of them now that the final novels are out. I started one last night that picks up right where ZSBM2 leaves off (and I was yelled at by my friend Mika-Kuruyame for doing so, because of my backlog... XD)
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:07   Link #5757
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
Dear Shoji Gatou,

"we want some short stories after ZSBM"

PS. an anime would also be appreciated.


*dammit just post it in your blog already...* arrrgghhh
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:23   Link #5758
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post

I have a backlog of around 20 fics, although I may well scrap a few of them now that the final novels are out. I started one last night that picks up right where ZSBM2 leaves off (and I was yelled at by my friend Mika-Kuruyame for doing so, because of my backlog... XD)
I know ;D
I'm the one who's been pestering you lately, by dropping random reviews on 'A simple Truth' and 'Let me be myself' ;D (Catag's the name on ff.net )
I like what you do, luv, a lot. Keep the good work up.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand I want to read that fic of yours, the Beart order gone wrong. And ooooooooh, that Shiro ( Whitey ? The tiger) POV one ? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee *badgering people rabbidly*

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-02 at 17:09.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 22:51   Link #5759
meeiwen
Circus Freak
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Ain't ending anytime soon, luv. There'll be one (or two, if we're lucky) light novels, and if we're extra lucky, we'll have some animation.
And remember, the fandom lives on

Right, right! But that would be like another one or two years of waiting, too, since Gatou would be busy (i assume) with Cop Craft. But, hell, we waited for this last novel for a decade so I guess 2 yrs wouldn't be so bad.
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:31   Link #5760
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
Right, right! But that would be like another one or two years of waiting, too, since Gatou would be busy (i assume) with Cop Craft. But, hell, we waited for this last novel for a decade so I guess 2 yrs wouldn't be so bad.
One year or two ? Ooooh, dunno about that
Coz he said that he had some stories 'lying around' (でもそれで、ちょっと寂しいので、未収録の短編に書き下ろしを足したりして、短編集はいずれ出せるかな、と思ってます。) and that he might slap them together with a couple of not-yet-written ones and publish them all in one book. A kind of 'Sequel' to ZSBM.

Soooooo... to put things bluntly, he's already got some written material, he just needs to decides wether he publishes them or not.

...
That'd better be a yes, my dear, revered Gatoh-sensei.

BTW, fellow FMP-tards. Is there a way to know if Dragon Monthly published some FMP side-stories ? If yes, is there a way to lay our grubby hands on them ?

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-03 at 08:09.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.