AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-09-12, 12:26   Link #5841
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Nothing like a chocolate covered icey banana on a stick...


Chidori and Sousuke at a Summer-end Festival...
(hilarity ensures...)

XD!!!! LOL....
Sousuke's reaction is priceless...XD~!! rofl...
It's funny and I still dont know what they say...o.O...


oh man..

Happy Summer-End Festival!

Selily
FMP Fanart Queen
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:17   Link #5842
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Colca. Is. The. Best. Ever.

I'd kill for her doujinshi. i seriously would.



Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post


It's funny and I still dont know what they say...o.O...


oh man..

Happy Summer-End Festival!

Selily
FMP Fanart Queen

Says : (well, maybe. I'm not so sure, and I'm braindead at the moment :c)

First pic : "Sousuke, you're drenched" (with sweat)

Kaname : "The sento (err... might be hot springs... or just normal, inside communal baths) is still open, if you want to have a dip after. "(Sousuke is sweating profusely, Kaname assumes it is about the heat and tells him he can rinse the sweat away @ the sento).

Kaname : "Whups, the chocolate is melting."

Don't have the foggiest clue about the squiggle beside Sousuke's head. I can't read the kanji too well.
It actually looks like " tennen", i.e. : natural. Might be something like "So, she appears to be a "natural".Hm."
But that might be far-fetched for Sousuke. Or not, seeing his face.

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-12 at 15:36. Reason: I actually looked at the kanji before translating nonsense this time.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 15:19   Link #5843
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
I would understand Sousuke's reaction to that the fact that Kaname says that and eats the chocolate can make a lot of people make that expression o.o..
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 18:12   Link #5844
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Colca. Is. The. Best. Ever.

I'd kill for her doujinshi. i seriously would.






Says : (well, maybe. I'm not so sure, and I'm braindead at the moment :c)

First pic : "Sousuke, you're drenched" (with sweat)

Kaname : "The sento (err... might be hot springs... or just normal, inside communal baths) is still open, if you want to have a dip after. "(Sousuke is sweating profusely, Kaname assumes it is about the heat and tells him he can rinse the sweat away @ the sento).

Kaname : "Whups, the chocolate is melting."

Don't have the foggiest clue about the squiggle beside Sousuke's head. I can't read the kanji too well.
It actually looks like " tennen", i.e. : natural. Might be something like "So, she appears to be a "natural".Hm."
But that might be far-fetched for Sousuke. Or not, seeing his face.

Whoops?*** sp I actually read that as wus-up lol...

Thankie for the translation! *Grins happily* There is so many lil arts she made that I STILL dont know what they are about...theres a funny one with Tsubaki and Sousuke eating pocky..that still confuses me lol...

I know,..Tenken is awesome..Thats the artist name. Nto sure if female or male but am guessing female...

I wrote an email to Tenken once, very nice, said he didnt know english but was happy to hear such comments from far away ^^...
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 18:27   Link #5845
FeistyDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix
Age: 27
Her name is Tenko, actually. It's 一条 点子 (Ichijou Tenko) (She provides the hiragana reading for her name in the information section.)

Her art really is amazing. Over on another forum, we sent her a message asking about her doujinshi, sadly she couldn't get it sent to us, but her reply was so nice! She even sent a drawing back to the person who sent the message!

Gotta love her, honestly, she's so kind and wonderful and so very dedicated!!
__________________
FeistyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:47   Link #5846
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Her name is Tenko, actually. It's 一条 点子 (Ichijou Tenko) (She provides the hiragana reading for her name in the information section.)

Her art really is amazing. Over on another forum, we sent her a message asking about her doujinshi, sadly she couldn't get it sent to us, but her reply was so nice! She even sent a drawing back to the person who sent the message!

Gotta love her, honestly, she's so kind and wonderful and so very dedicated!!
So the artist is a girl. figures,..^^....her art is so sweet...
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:16   Link #5847
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
ME TOO.. pm me please, please...i don't have any idea about other short stories other than the ones MisterV has translated..


poor me. . .
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:34   Link #5848
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sy tao View Post
ME TOO.. pm me please, please...i don't have any idea about other short stories other than the ones MisterV has translated..


poor me. . .
Acrually, we were only talking about links for the ones Mister V translated, I don't have anything else yet ;D
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 05:51   Link #5849
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Behind you.
Btw, re: that scene about Sousuke saying Alto is "beautiful" in ACE:R, it was after Mao's potty-mouth-drill-sergeant-from-hell training, where Sousuke explains that he was describing Alto's way of moving about, saying that he moves with absolute efficiency and there's no waste in movement. Then Alto's past as a Kabuki performer is exposed.

Figures.
solothurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 07:50   Link #5850
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
theres a funny one with Tsubaki and Sousuke eating pocky..that still confuses me lol...
This one, right ?



It's a joke based on "Mayonaka no raiders" (another short story full of win that needs to be translated. I have only two things to say : Grace, and KILLTHEMALL!), where Tsubaki says that Sousuke's taking advantage of Kaname's kindness.

Now, how to translate it.... hmmmmmm....

Tsubaki : "Sagara, you're taking way too much advantage of Chidori's kindness."
Sousuke : *there's a pun, kindness (koui) and 'favours' (koui) have the same prononciation " Chidori's favours ?" .... " You noticed ?..."
Tsubaki : " I wouldn't be telling you this if I hadn't noticed." This guy's weirding me out.

Edit, to clear things up : Here Sousuke understand "favours" this way :
Quote:
Favours : sexual intimacy, esp. as permitted by a woman.
;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
Btw, re: that scene about Sousuke saying Alto is "beautiful" in ACE:R, it was after Mao's potty-mouth-drill-sergeant-from-hell training, where Sousuke explains that he was describing Alto's way of moving about, saying that he moves with absolute efficiency and there's no waste in movement. Then Alto's past as a Kabuki performer is exposed.

Figures.

Thks Captain, for clearing that up !

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-14 at 04:01.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 11:15   Link #5851
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in my head...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
*pm-ed you a link ^^*
Uhhmm.. Can you PM it to me too, pretty please??? THANKS!
__________________

"Not everything is as it seems."
jerkette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 11:37   Link #5852
tommole
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northamptonshire, England
I was just wondering where i could get all of the short stories to download, read all of the full novels so decided id quite like to see what the short stories are like. Thanks =)
tommole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 11:49   Link #5853
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommole View Post
I was just wondering where i could get all of the short stories to download, read all of the full novels so decided id quite like to see what the short stories are like. Thanks =)
Check the beginning of this thread, snoop around @ Mister V's and @ Feisty's. Remember to say thank you to these wonderful people for their awesum-possum work ;D
Have fun, there's much to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkette View Post
Uhhmm.. Can you PM it to me too, pretty please??? THANKS!
Pm'd away

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-13 at 14:41. Reason: PM update.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:10   Link #5854
killersaint
FMPtard
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 23
THANK YOU EVERYONE INVOLVED from someone who's been negligent in her posts but not in her downloads...

i wish i could fly to where you are and give you all hugs! and i wish i could fanart a thanks, but my scanner's still down... (. .) {...)

...sorry-thankyou!


and here's hoping we get some sort of an epilogue or alt-POV story that explains just how the HELL a nuke was handwaved by the world goverments without too many questions (among other things...).

and also, bright hopes for a shiny new season~!
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 20:02   Link #5855
selilychidori
Selily Chidori
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
This one, right ?



It's a joke based on "Mayonaka no raiders" (another short story full of win that needs to be translated. I have only two things to say : Grace, and KILLTHEMALL!), where Tsubaki says that Sousuke's taking advantage of Kaname's kindness.

Now, how to translate it.... hmmmmmm....

Tsubaki : "Sagara, you're taking way too much advantage of Chidori's kindness."
Sousuke : *there's a pun, kindness (koui) and 'favours' (koui) have the same prononciation " Chidori's favours ?" .... " You noticed ?..."
Tsubaki : " I wouldn't be telling you this if I hadn't noticed." This guy's weirding me out.





Thks Captain, for clearing that up !
omg thank you! Mutsuri ^-^...i been wondering about that for a while..o.O..
I love tsubaki XD..its the opposite of Sousuke, outragously trying to show he is strong and manly and a perfect protector...when he's not.
He's kinda a fail of Sousuke lol...

While Sousuke is the dense introvert protector..XD...\
am guessing this 'favor' is somewhere perverted? XD....
whats with the pocky..o.o..lol

omg theres so many short stories i never heard of! ><...which one is that one! Mayonaka no raiders...
*goes to find the shortstory list ..v-v*
__________________
selilychidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 21:42   Link #5856
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Behind you.
@Mutsuri:

*salutes* No prob. SRW/ACE games are always a gold mine of character interactions between series. While ACE:R has somewhat a bit few golden ones, (Bonta-kun causing almost every female pilot present to swoon and Lelouch considerably impressed with Tessa) the more traditional SRW games had more. (Heero and Sousuke's fruit juice scene comes to mind, lol)
solothurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 02:24   Link #5857
meeiwen
Circus Freak
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
This one, right ?



It's a joke based on "Mayonaka no raiders" (another short story full of win that needs to be translated. I have only two things to say : Grace, and KILLTHEMALL!), where Tsubaki says that Sousuke's taking advantage of Kaname's kindness.

Now, how to translate it.... hmmmmmm....

Tsubaki : "Sagara, you're taking way too much advantage of Chidori's kindness."
Sousuke : *there's a pun, kindness (koui) and 'favours' (koui) have the same prononciation " Chidori's favours ?" .... " You noticed ?..."
Tsubaki : " I wouldn't be telling you this if I hadn't noticed." This guy's weirding me out.





Thks Captain, for clearing that up !

Hmm.. I'm not fully getting what the "favour" thing means. I'm curious. But Sousuke's reaction is funny! Thanks Mutsuki, you've been helping us a lot!

Also thanks to solothurn for explaining about the Alto scene. And to Selily for the fanart!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 03:21   Link #5858
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Either Yuropp or 函館 五稜郭駅前
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
Hmm.. I'm not fully getting what the "favour" thing means. I'm curious.
Hmmm. Favour ain't so great... Might go with something like "affection" instead. Sorry, English is not my first language, French is. In French "faveur" has some heavy intimate subtext in it, I thought it was the same for English, should have checked, stupid mistake, blah blah blah. ;D

But koui is a bit tricky anyway, it ranges from "favour" to "affection"
As Selily said, "favour/affection" has some... intimate subtext here. I think. I'm not so good at subtext, tho :c

ETA : ok, checked. I got my lazy arse in gear and opened my dictionary. It says :

Quote:
Usually, favours. sexual intimacy, esp. as permitted by a woman.
But it's like... the tenth meaning or so. But I meant it this way :3



Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
whats with the pocky..o.o..lol
If I remember well, it might not be pocky. Just chopsticks. They were eating sukiyaki at the time. Or was it shabu-shabu ? Some kind of nabe (food simmering in a common pot, people pick bits of food), anyway. Sousuke asked Kurz for intructions to proceed in "nabe-eating". Kurz was helpful as ever and said:
"Listen pal, Nabe-eating is a kind of warfare. You have to get the best bits (meat) first before other people eat them up ! It's eat or be eaten, mate !"
Sousuke took his advice a wee bit too... literally.
Chaos/hilarity ensued.

I love Kurz and his silly hair to bits.

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-14 at 04:00. Reason: Still can't type.
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 04:22   Link #5859
sy tao
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: pearl of the orient seas^^ NOYPI
the more i want to read other FMP shortstories...



the anticipation rises friends!!
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 07:46   Link #5860
meeiwen
Circus Freak
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Hmmm. Favour ain't so great... Might go with something like "affection" instead. Sorry, English is not my first language, French is. In French "faveur" has some heavy intimate subtext in it, I thought it was the same for English, should have checked, stupid mistake, blah blah blah. ;D

But koui is a bit tricky anyway, it ranges from "favour" to "affection"
As Selily said, "favour/affection" has some... intimate subtext here. I think. I'm not so good at subtext, tho :c

ETA : ok, checked. I got my lazy arse in gear and opened my dictionary. It says :


But it's like... the tenth meaning or so. But I meant it this way :3

Ah I see.. Now I really find their conversation funny. hahahahahaha!!! Thanks again Mutsuki!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novels, mecha, military, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.