AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-01, 16:46   Link #61
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

This anime is becoming one of my favs, epi 3 was nice and it explains alot! Plus Jiro's sword is sugoi! Poor Mimiko let the bad guys into the Special Area without even realizing it. I forgot vamps need to be invited into places XD
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 23:43   Link #62
chopaface

they're brothers alright, just not genetically from the same mother, however, they are all related as soon as they share the same blood, thus from the same clan.

The reason why Jirou has the weakness of water and sunlight than Kotarou, is because he is part from many old vampire blood lineages,

13:36/24:09
-----------------

"It's a barrier that doesn't affect humans;
most vampires wouldn't be affected either.
Except for a certain lineage. A lineage that cannot enter without an invite.
Yes. A technique that was established 10 years ago for creating defensive lines and entrapping barriers.

Don't worry.

We are not Kowloon Children.

I may not look like it, but I come from an established line of vampires.
So I am loyal to its traditions..."

So I believe he's mixed around but conclusively part of the clan that Kotarou is in.

Like how two people with the same blood mix with other two people's blood together yet they still consist of the original blood. Then they continue to mix and mix and share until we get something very unique and crazyy~ like -B blood type, or -AB, or -O... >__> <__<''' however, im not really sure how it would work after a couple of thousands of years.........

care anyone to continue this theory?
chopaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 03:27   Link #63
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
Poor Mimiko let the bad guys into the Special Area without even realizing it. I forgot vamps need to be invited into places XD
The only reason they need to be invited into the Special Zone is because of a magical barrier that keeps the Kowloon Child bloodline and Jiro from entering. They are capable of breaking into any normal unprotected place without any invitation needed.

The interesting thing is that the same barrier which prevents the Kowloon Child from entering, also prevents Jiro.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 04:13   Link #64
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

My first impression of Black Blood Brothers was Alucard meets Blood . The Strange Red Suite and the Katana . For non manga readers ep 1 was pretty confussing but as the peisodes progressed it turning out to be quite a nice anime .

I have seen episode 3 and well I am seriously looking forward to ep 4 . I mean ep 3 BBB takes off. Hahah I coined BBB abreviation for Black Blood Brothers
Old 2006-10-03, 00:15   Link #65
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_shinigami
My first impression of Black Blood Brothers was Alucard meets Blood . The Strange Red Suite and the Katana.
Yeah, the red suit is somewhat reminiscent of Alucard. And Vash. And Dante. I'm just overjoyed that he doesn't use a pair of guns, one black and the other white. I guess the change of weapon is the Blood influence.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-10-03, 09:44   Link #66
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It would seem now, though, that the barrier protects against both Jirou's and the Kowloon Children's blood. The one thing we have yet to completely have an understanding of is why the Kowloon Child is being feared so much, aside from its ability to infect others and make them as their own. They seem like some sort of mutated vampires to me, at least.
Old 2006-10-04, 00:57   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Yeah, the red suit is somewhat reminiscent of Alucard. And Vash. And Dante. I'm just overjoyed that he doesn't use a pair of guns, one black and the other white. I guess the change of weapon is the Blood influence.
Yup  Vash the same lanky physical structure, same laidback attitude, similar weird attire . The only thing missing is rather goofy setup that is Vash . On the same note BBB protagonist kind of reminds me of also Van ‘ mecha ‘ Dan from GunXSword . Extremely similar traits and both have a rather chibi sidekick.

Just hope BBB like the above mentioned shows Vash the Stampede and GunXSword has noth to do with ‘ Lostu Technology ‘ – Shudders -.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny
The one thing we have yet to completely have an understanding of is why the Kowloon Child is being feared so much, aside from its ability to infect others and make them as their own. They seem like some sort of mutated vampires to me, at least.
Kowloon Child well in BBB universe only Old Bloods can transform a mortal soul into a Kyuushi (Vampire). But KC can convert anyone as mortals as vampire and worst have total control over them. Even against the controlled ones wishes he can be made to perform acts. And well they have all the abilities as Old Bloods which normal vampires don’t posses.

Well if KC numbers increase the whole hierarchy structure can be affected, hence they are feared. And things which are not completely understood by masses are always feared and wrapped in rumors
Old 2006-10-04, 16:54   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 03:07   Link #69
dojikyo

So far this series has been pretty entertaining. A decent amount of humor and drama have worked to make this more interesting than Trinity Blood (the first and only 8 episodes I intend to see of it).

Hellsing was really good for the first 6-8 episodes but the lack of focus on the other characters and the whole Alucard is unbeatable thing sort of killed off the second half. At least this one has some things to look forward to. ie. More stomps from Mimiko for "sexual harassment" and on a more serious note, the reasons behind the black haired vampires betrayal.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 12:12   Link #70
mysterious_w

Doesn't like we are going to get much in character development though, seeing as the series is already 1/3 done.
mysterious_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 20:04   Link #71
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

episode 4-5 got more character development and jirou's past at least, a bit excited since I love black blood brothers and can't wait for more,

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-08, 13:07   Link #72
chiimack

A couple of you have said that Jirous' line cannot enter the safe zone. i'm not sure why you said that. From what I could gather, the barrier is only set up to restrict the kowloon/kulong children from entering.
chiimack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 02:23   Link #73
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yup. It is set up only to restrict the Kowloon Child from entering. That's why it is myserious that it would stop Jirou also.

It is made quite clear in both episodes 2 and 4 that Jirou cannot enter without permission.

Spoiler for episode 4:

Old 2006-10-09, 08:24   Link #74
ViVi_bOi

Added AnimeOnE Fansubs into Comparison too =)
Old 2006-10-09, 09:14   Link #75
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 4:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-12, 14:10   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4
nice light comedy from the start so it seems that there are 3 major blood groups in the special zone for the vampires...kinda like the mafia having their own area to rule
jirou doesnt like the darkness group so i take it they fought each other in the previous war...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 17:01   Link #77
Izzile

lol at episode 5:
Mimiko got blasted in the face with some white cream from
Spoiler:
Izzile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 09:46   Link #78
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Episode 5 was great. Another great example of mixing seriousness with humor, with the latter kicking off first. Now we know a new way to shut alarm clocks up...

The only thing that put me off just ever so slightly was the cliffhanger at the end, and we know that the previews don't really show that much...
Old 2006-10-13, 16:19   Link #79
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

After putting off watching my d-loaded eps of BBB, I finally got around to watch the first five episodes. I'm upset at myself for putting off such a good show. I really enjoyed it. By chance does anyone have any good images of the charactors? Fanart, official art, scans...anyform of that media?

Mimiko <3
ashefatal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 04:19   Link #80
RailM

Does anyone know which font Kyuu are using?
RailM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, shounen