AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-08, 11:54   Link #1161
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
To me, NANA has always seemed vaguely realistic in the sense that I knew or knew of people with similar circumstances. Not as dramatic, but similar enough. But, they have no relationship to me. I might feel for them, but it's a distant sort of "well, that kind of sucks" feeling. Like reading about celebrities or movie stars, the characters in NANA are completely removed from my day to day life, and move in their own orbits that will never be similar to my own.

Whereas HachiKuro has always seemed realistic in the sense that I can relate to it. Maybe I've never fallen in love with a four foot, blonde Japanese artist, or biked my way across the country, but I sure as hell have compared myself to other people and despaired that I wasn't as good or as talented as I wanted to be. I've been in love with people that haven't loved me back, and felt that tender, bittersweet warmth when I think back on it.

To me, HachiKuro has an emotional gravity and realism that NANA just can't match.
I've been watching NANA the whole time, & I feel the same. I don't think I've been anywhere near tears at any time there, but w/ H&C--both seasons--well, it really can be heartbreaking (& heartwarming, too, now that I think of it). It was also a lot funnier than NANA has been. Realistic or not, idealistic or not, Honey & Clover stands a good distance above NANA in the ways that matter most (to me).

Down to business: Here are some photos of the final volume of Honey & Clover II, released 26 January, 2007. The extras were 4 postcards w/ the same illlustrations as the 4 DVD box covers.

Yes, Kamiya Hiroshi did do Takemoto's voice in the final episode.

じゃね、
アイスル未来

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2007-02-10 at 12:26.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 12:02   Link #1162
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Such a great series. Goosebumps still pervade me whenever I think of how well-made this series really was.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 13:16   Link #1163
Dop
We can't stop here...

Good to hear Kamiya Hiroshi was back for the final episode on DVD, especially considering the reasons he wasn't originally in the epsiode.
While Kenji Nojima did sterling work as a stand-in, he just wasn't the same.

Lovely packaging.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 18:12   Link #1164
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Nergol - I had no idea about that song, no wonder she's singing so emotionally -
stunning - and the alternative translation makes so much sense now.
Old 2007-02-25, 10:09   Link #1165
dark5205
honey and clover maniac

Send a message via MSN to dark5205
anyone knows where to get it manga. If i have the manga . thats means my collection is complete.
dark5205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 11:15   Link #1166
Zappster

Just a heads up for anyone interested. The DVD version of the final episode has been released by Solar and Ideology.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 12:50   Link #1167
Dop
We can't stop here...

Woo-hoo! It'll be nice to see it with the 'real' Takemoto.
Old 2007-04-28, 05:15   Link #1168
NeoSam

The mangaka of Honey and Clover is going to start a seinen manga

From ComiPress:

Quote:
New Manga to Start in Young Animal This Summer

According to Young Animal's official website, Chika Umino, mangaka of Honey and Clover, will start a new serialization called "The Lion of March" this summer. Currently no other details are available.

Source: Ultimatum Talk
Old 2007-07-27, 06:02   Link #1169
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Viz have announced the license for Honey & Clover at Comic Con International 2007. Link to ANN report.

It's not clear if the license includes the second Honey & Clover series. Does anyone have any information concerning this?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 06:04   Link #1170
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It doesn't look like anything was said about the second season.

Still, the fact that Viz europe licensed this a while ago, always confuses me --- seeing as though we've heard nothing about it since then.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:13   Link #1171
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I started watching Honey and Clover (both seasons) a little more than 2 months ago and finally finished it today. Surely one of the best shows I have seen to date, I don't think I've seen such perfect characters before. Almost makes me feel like watching a bit more anime again...but then, it wouldn't be as good as this one anyway.
Old 2007-09-01, 03:49   Link #1172
mana.
girl who loves anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I started watching Honey and Clover (both seasons) a little more than 2 months ago and finally finished it today. Surely one of the best shows I have seen to date, I don't think I've seen such perfect characters before. Almost makes me feel like watching a bit more anime again...but then, it wouldn't be as good as this one anyway.
I totally agree. I just finished today...and well... wow. It's awesome. I had always brushed it aside when people had suggested it but I'm so happy I stuck it through. Freakin awesome anime series.
Old 2007-09-10, 07:39   Link #1173
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
right now i just watching Hachikuro 1 on animax
but i'm hardly to find the insert songs of Hachikuro 2
this is the list
1.Spitz - Pool
2.Spitz - Jet'aime
3.Spits - Namida
4.Spitz - Inaka no seikatsu

i hope anyone of you can help me where i can find this songs

PS: sorry if my post is not allowed here
Old 2007-09-11, 10:35   Link #1174
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
PS: sorry if my post is not allowed here
Sorry, it's not. Give me a PM about it; I could still help.
Konata-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 18:45   Link #1175
asandari

This was a really well done anime series. I'm a bit too lazy to read 59 pages about it though...

I loved the drama and the characters and the symbolism and story telling... but it wasn't effective enough to make my top 10. Not to say it isn't extremely effective anyways xD
Could have been more effective with more concentration and less characters or plot. But it wouldn't be the same. So as with any great anime series, I wouldn't change a thing.

Both series certainly make my top 18, though.
Old 2007-11-06, 15:30   Link #1176
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Uber-happy Vibeke is proud to announce that Honey and Clover will be adapted for JDrama !!

The series will premiere in January 2008, and the two main roles will be played by Narumi Riko (Hagu?) and Ikuta Toma (Takemoto?) - Yes, it's the same person, who stared as Nakatsu in HanaKimi JDrama <3

Goes off to dance from happines~~

Oh, but I hope it'll be as good as anime...I didn't find the live-action movie to be very good

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 16:01   Link #1177
Dop
We can't stop here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
(regarding live-action
Oh, but I hope it'll be as good as anime...I didn't find the live-action movie to be very good
Actually, I don't dislike the movie. OK, so the guy who played Mayama came across as too nerdy, and you never got that feeling that here were a close-knit group of friends. They couldn't possibly fit all the storyline in the movie, and they went to the ocean, which had me going "NO! They NEVER go to the ocean!".
But the soundtrack was good, and the girl playing Hagu was quite nice, and there were some absolutely brilliant scenes - the sequence where Morita and Hagu are doing this big free-form painting in the quadrangle was beautiful.
I bought the Japanese DVD, as it includes English subtitles, and I also bought the soundtrack which is arguably the best thing about it!
Not a bad movie, so long as you don't compare it to the anime.

I'll certainly be hoping the casting works out, and I'll be watching the live-action series if it gets subbed. At least in a series they should be able to follow the storyline more closely.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:29   Link #1178
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I know im bumping a really old thread but i had to comment about this awesome anime.
This is by far the best slice of life i ever watched. There are many great series of its kind but H&C is is simply on another level. As someone said before, H&C was fun, heartwarming, sad and nostalgic to watch. It isnt just the common teenager love story but friendship, family and the struggles that a teenager goes through to become an adult is also in there.
The ending was kind of a surprise for me... never thought Hanamoto sensei would be in love with Hagu... i mean they are like 20 years appart and all this time he was looking after her more like a father... i would have prefered if Hagu chose painting over love (Morita) and leave it like that.... there was no need to go that far.
Also i feel kinda bad for Takemoto... after all he is the main character. Although he isnt the most talented or coolest guy, after all this time thinking about his purpose in life and all... and end up choosing to go restore temples.. i dont know.. it feels too realistic and kinda depressing when i think about it.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 22:11   Link #1179
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
I've returned to this thread to curse Honey and Clover.

I've never been able to enjoy any anime series since without comparing it to Honey and Clover, which always means it turns out looking worse than it actually is.

And then I immediately start to get nostalgic about hearing "Waltz", which promptly makes me forget about the anime I was watching in the first place.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 00:19   Link #1180
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Theowne, don't worry, you're not alone.

And yes, everytime I hear Waltz I become nostalgic and have a stupid impulse to watch Honey and Clover ALL OVER AGAIN.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance