AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-23, 14:36   Link #21
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Actually...the next-generation grunts in CE are hardly really "weak" at all if you think about it...the Gundams are, to me anyways, a bit overpowered...

At least in UC the Gundams may start out as superior machines (as the RX-78-2 Gundam did in MSG or the MSZ-009 Zeta Gundam did), but that only lasts for so long until the opposition is spurred to develop equal-to or superior machines to it. (at least the RX-78-2 Gundam's longer-lasting superiority until the Gelgoog has plausible reasoning, lol).

CE..the Impulse alone was having a ton of difficulty against just 1 Destroy and then Shinn suddenly gets the Destiny, which is little more than (to me) a stronger-batteried, "combined" Impulse and is suddenly able to take down a Destroy like it's nothing at all. x_x;;
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:59   Link #22
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Uhh.. Impulse was having ZERO trouble against Destroy. Despite Destroy spamming beams at an insane rate, Impulse easily got close and slashed the cockpit. Shinn was going in for another run when Neo interfered.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:06   Link #23
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

The suits in the CE are strong itīs just that Fukuda are favoring the Gundams defying all (Gundam) logic. Making them look too strong.

In this fight I guess the UC suit is what I would bet on. But as I wrote earlier, itīs not really fair comparing mechas from different shows.

Although if you put a stone in the Providence it should have a good chance.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 15:10   Link #24
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

just talking about the MS without the remotes, Nu has better armaments, 2x beam saber, rifle, bazooka,shield compared to providence's single beam saber/shield and rifle
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 16:08   Link #25
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
Uhh.. Impulse was having ZERO trouble against Destroy. Despite Destroy spamming beams at an insane rate, Impulse easily got close and slashed the cockpit. Shinn was going in for another run when Neo interfered.
Worse, Luna of all people was participating in the Destroy-slaughter. We all know compare to the other pilots, Luna can't aim, can't dodge and can't block. Yet, in the outdated Impulse, she was having kills of her own even though Shinn had trouble against them in the past.

(Did she? My memory is fuzzy, But I am pretty sure Luna killed at least one Destroy...)

You know a boss Suit has been nerfed, when even a side character could kill it.
Old 2006-06-23, 17:49   Link #26
tritoch

Luna can dodge.. check episode 4 of GSD. =)
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 20:03   Link #27
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Worse, Luna of all people was participating in the Destroy-slaughter. We all know compare to the other pilots, Luna can't aim, can't dodge and can't block. Yet, in the outdated Impulse, she was having kills of her own even though Shinn had trouble against them in the past.

(Did she? My memory is fuzzy, But I am pretty sure Luna killed at least one Destroy...)

You know a boss Suit has been nerfed, when even a side character could kill it.
So maybe this is evidence that Lunamaria >Shinn...

Anyway we shouldn't forget that what Shinn had trouble with was Destroy+Stellar. Wasn't there something about Stellar being optimised for Destroy? Or the opposite or something like that. If so, then it's fair they nerfed the Destroy.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 08:00   Link #28
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Anyway we shouldn't forget that what Shinn had trouble with was Destroy+Stellar.
But he didn't!

Kira had trouble with Destroy, because he was flying around trying to shoot it. Shinn took one shot at it, noticed it didn't have an effect and then charged it and slashed the cockpit. However, it was too deply embedded so he missed the pilot, and went in for another run. That's when Neo tackled him and told him it was Stellar in the pilot's seat. If he hadn't, that would have surely been the end of her.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 09:23   Link #29
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
But he didn't!
Hmmm he didn't....then I guess he didn't
Honestly I don't remember anything so I just asumed he did when Vallen Chaos Valiant said so.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 09:46   Link #30
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Hmmm he didn't....then I guess he didn't
Honestly I don't remember anything so I just asumed he did when Vallen Chaos Valiant said so.
Don't look at me. My memory is fuzzy too.

Shinn must have had some trouble with Destroy... Otherwise it makes even less sense.
Old 2006-06-24, 10:30   Link #31
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

he didnt have trouble. Kira helped destroyed the city indirectly by spamming HiMAT on a reflector shield, and basically couldn't figure it out, while Shinn dodged all positronic/plasma spams and simple went to slash the cockpit no prob.
Old 2006-06-24, 11:40   Link #32
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

And for some reason when Kira went to do the same thing, Destroy shielded it. When Shinn did it, nope, no shield. Hax.
Old 2006-06-24, 13:14   Link #33
Strike Mk.II

I was thinking, if Nu Gundam did put up a defensive shield with its Fin Funnels, wouldn't Providence's giant beam sabre be able to penertrate it? CE Beam sabre's are powerful enough to penertrate beam sheilds as shown by Kira conviniently penertrating Messiahs beam sheilds with Meteor's beam sabres and Legend's Spike Dragoon - equipped with the same beam sabre tech - could also go through beam sheilds.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 13:23   Link #34
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

it 'giant' beam saber isn't that big.... I agree its a little longer than the standard sabers, but its no Epyon Beam Sword...
Old 2006-06-24, 17:30   Link #35
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Mk.II
I was thinking, if Nu Gundam did put up a defensive shield with its Fin Funnels, wouldn't Providence's giant beam sabre be able to penertrate it? CE Beam sabre's are powerful enough to penertrate beam sheilds as shown by Kira conviniently penertrating Messiahs beam sheilds with Meteor's beam sabres and Legend's Spike Dragoon - equipped with the same beam sabre tech - could also go through beam sheilds.
Are you sure? I thought Kira took on Messiah after it dropped its shield to fire Neo Genesis?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 20:14   Link #36
Strike Mk.II

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
Are you sure? I thought Kira took on Messiah after it dropped its shield to fire Neo Genesis?
If you watch Final Plus you see Meteor's beam sword penertrate the beam sheilds and cut through the "ring" that projects the beam sheild. Kira then destroys the rest of the ring around Messiah. Its one of the errors that they fixed from ep50.
Strike Mk.II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 20:15   Link #37
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
And for some reason when Kira went to do the same thing, Destroy shielded it. When Shinn did it, nope, no shield. Hax.
Because Freedom was too close and Stellar reacted to it. Shinn came in from afar and doding heavy fire - Stellar thought she had him. Shinn makes a brilliant last-minute dodge before he slashes the cockpit.

The shield is on the arm, not on the torso. Shinn dove in between them and then came up again.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 21:34   Link #38
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Because Freedom was too close and Stellar reacted to it. Shinn came in from afar and doding heavy fire - Stellar thought she had him. Shinn makes a brilliant last-minute dodge before he slashes the cockpit.

The shield is on the arm, not on the torso. Shinn dove in between them and then came up again.
There is also the point that, unless he had to, Kira doesn't usually attack the cockpit. Most likely Freedom was flying around trying (unsuccessfully) to find a way to disarm the Suit without killing the pilot.

I still think, had Stellar's autopsy was performed, we would find her cause of death to be from injuries sustained from Shinn's assault rather than Kira's...
Old 2006-06-25, 00:09   Link #39
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
You know... I'd rather see Nu Vs Shiranui Akatsuki...
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 02:15   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
CE Gundams are as powerful or weak as the plot wants to be. If you see the performance specs listed out on MAHQ it becomes even more apparent that battles are horribly skewed in CE. Basically you know who's going to win before the fight even happens I posted the tier somewhere a long time ago but its something like Kira > Main Character Gundam>Side Character Gundam> Main Character Mobile Suit > Side Character Mobile Suit > Nameless Character Gundam > Nameless Character Grunt, and its not even interesting its always one sided 5 second recycled animation. For the best bet on seeing how CE suits actually perform I either look to SRW or MAHQ specs.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote