AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 01:58   Link #61
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImClueless View Post
Anyway since this show is sponsored by Square-Enix does that mean they are gonna make a FF style RPG out of it o_O?
Heh. "Ultima" Dragon punch for 6969 damage ftw!
Old 2006-10-15, 06:16   Link #62
Shay
Monarch Programmer

"Unlike you two, my brain is functioning normally"
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 13:18   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td View Post
...Very funny first episode. Ridiculous story lol. And I love the way they styled Momoko's voice.
Credit to Momoko's voice actress, Kano Yui (this is her first big role); to the director Nakanishi Nobuaki (who also directed Kashimashi); and to the sound director Takahashi Tsuyoshi (who also did Zero no Tsukaima and Mahoraba). I've recently learned that the sound director is usually more than just a technician, and works a lot with the voice actors, to get not only the right sound, but the right acting).

This show may be a "one-trick pony," but there's still a lot of funny stuff. I probably enjoyed ep1 more than ep2, but the saucer-eyed character design for Momoko is just great, and we've got Hirano Aya (as the voice of the meganekko love rival, Sanae) probably coming to play a bigger role.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 13:29   Link #64
Karnot
Banned

Aw, gawd, who cares about Hirano Aya, anyway ?
Like she is some big shiny star.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:30   Link #65
Guido

Talking Sumomomo Momomo First Impressions

Granted, cackling laughter and martial-arts slapstick makes it a best comedy.

But, Momoko is the cutest thing on the face of all Earth. Oh, the chibi form gives twirls to my head just because of her fancy moe -ness.

Ok. Koushi is violentphobic because on that fateful day when he was a child ended owned by the three bully boys for trying to defend Momoko. They pulled out his pants and unders and just Momoko kept staring at him to do his best.

The funny gag for Koushi would be preventing that Momoko remembers that embarrassing memory for each episode.

The opening theme is catchy with lots of the martial arts vibes imprinted on it.

Sumomomo is silly comedy at its best, not that is something bad. I have nothing to complain about for episode one particularly that I let sudden bursts of laughter everytime that Momoko advances on Koushi to tempt him on producing a child, and he slaps back not to on a frenzied state.

The techniques are like if you're playing an arcade game or more like playing a street-fighting video game.

Momoko gets bonus points for trying to seduce Koushi. The guy's weak, but I cannot label him wussy just traumatized due to that childhood accident.

I still cannot make my mind as of yet to keep this anime given that for the present season there are lots of titles ever to peel my eyes on them.

Currently, I have already placed on my watching list the following shows:
Pumpkin Scissors, D.Gray-man, Death Note, Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori, Red Garden, and _______________

The seventh slot would be decided on my impression I have upon watching next Asatte no Houkou. Depending on my judgement, Sumomomo Momomo would be filling the seventh slot or not.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 17:48   Link #66
ImClueless
Rawr

Oh wait just realized that Momoko used a Limit Break attack. That must be copyrighted by SquareEnix and thats why they are credited at the begining.
Old 2006-10-15, 17:56   Link #67
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Koushi's dad also used an attack called tenjou tenge ...brings back memories of an anime that failed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 19:52   Link #68
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
The OP song itself was great, but the Opening video sucks for being not in touch.
I loved the OP song. So upbeat and fun to listen to, but yes I have to agree, the accompanying the video is a little routine. The ED video is also pretty standard, but I think it's still fun to watch the first time around.
Old 2006-10-15, 21:35   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
To each his own. If it was just a matter of her being famous, I'd agree with you. But I really do love her voice. I wouldn't have even recognized it before Suzumiya Haruhi, but I thought she was excellent and unusual there. Her voice had a kind of urgency and sharp strength that I hadn't heard before.

I saw an interview where she said that before, she could only play young girls, but now her voice is deepening (she's 18) and she can play a wider range of characters.

Even where her characters are nothing like Suzumiya Haruhi, much softer, as in Busou Renkin or in NANA, she is giving them a special presence. Her voice is like flexible steel that can be clearly exposed, as in SHnY, or sheathed in velvet, as in NANA. But the strength is still there, and the odd urgency of her phrasing. I'm still not sure whether her voice works here for the shy and lovesick student council president, but I look forward to hearing more.

And for anyone else who might be interested, here is her website. I guess she's pretty popular in Japan at the moment. She's in six (!) anime series that are airing fresh episodes on TV in Japan right now: Sumomomo, Death Note, Galaxy Angel, NANA, Eyeshield 21, and Busou Renkin.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-15 at 23:24.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 21:45   Link #70
LCeh

Just finished episode 2.

Spoiler:
LCeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 03:14   Link #71
Anime Online

Quote:

It's like the movies. Some people don't really know or care who are the actors in the movie, while others are knowledgeable about the actors, the films they appeared in and the characters they play.

Since this thread is about Sumomomo Momomo, discussions on the anime's voice actor(s) are relevant and on topic.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 04:41   Link #72
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i saw fan art of this little dragon girl awhile ago and i always wondered where she was from, and now i know

this series looks like it could be alot fun. i wonder if is going to be the next inukami replacement.

is her head supposed to resemble a peach? thats silly

the father got the name of the technique wrong, its not tenjo tenge, its double mikuru beam

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-10-16 at 05:07.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 05:28   Link #73
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Since this thread is about Sumomomo Momomo, discussions on the anime's voice actor(s) are relevant
I am not voting against VA discussions, i am simply against nonsensical people who go : "ZOMG !!! Hirano Aya !! Suzumiya Haruhi is my goddess !!!!".
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 08:24   Link #74
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I liked it, very comedic. 9/10. A different way of putting martial arts into an anime, sorta like Pretty Face.

Quote:
I am not voting against VA discussions, i am simply against nonsensical people who go : "ZOMG !!! Hirano Aya !! Suzumiya Haruhi is my goddess !!!!".
Hahaha, you make me laugh Karnot. ^_^. I so agree, I feel the same way. Haruhi was a nice little change of pace of anime from before Haruhi to after it. It proved that it was a great anime; people loved it, that i can understand. I liked the anime myself; pretty deep story line, a wide variety of personality, some what original plot, good art, pretty girls, narrative main character ^_^. Ahh kyon is a clown. hahahaaa.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 09:55   Link #75
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
the father got the name of the technique wrong, its not tenjo tenge, its double mikuru beam
LOL good one, I see the resemblence Wow, Hirano Aya in Sumomo.. Quite a surprise, Looking forward to hearing her here.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 10:53   Link #76
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levski
I want to see him start tearing ppl in half by episode 5 and possibly shove his foot up to his knee in someone's ass by episode 6.
If you're talking in a legal context you may have your wish fulfilled.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 10:58   Link #77
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol thats kinda one sided...
but surprisingly i agree how soo many anime portrays a weak male main chara...but heck you all gotta start of somewhere...and isnt it a coincidence that it always happen to start at where the chara is the weakest? but starting them off strong wont leave much for the story now would it?
momoko isnt fugly...shes a desperite loli ^__^her chibi form is the cutest imo

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:20   Link #78
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lol thats kinda one sided...
but surprisingly i agree how soo many anime portrays a weak male main chara...but heck you all gotta start of somewhere...and isnt it a coincidence that it always happen to start at where the chara is the weakest? but starting them off strong wont leave much for the story now would it?
momoko isnt fugly...shes a desperite loli ^__^her chibi form is the cutest imo
First i know you have to start weak, but the issue is they are ALWAYS weak even at the end.

I don't see one romance anime where the main character by like the half way point turns 180 degrees and starts kicking ass. Romance anime and in anime in general for some reason always makes the damn females look best and get the better roles. I just wish he sees that he can be both a laywer and martial artists making him a lawmrtist or something... he just nees to accept both sides of him and start kicking ass soon.

However i do admit when we talk about whooping the most ass guys get the top slots: DBZ, Trigun, Hellsing, Berserk, Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakisho, etc, etc.
Levski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:21   Link #79
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
If you're talking in a legal context you may have your wish fulfilled.
No i literaly want him to like punch some punk so fucking hard the guy just disappears. The shoving part can be avoided, but somebody has to be hit by a big object to replace the scene.
Levski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 11:52   Link #80
ImClueless
Rawr

Well weak male protagonists in series like these are in direct response to the audience.

Who watches anime? => Primarily males
What do males want? => Sex
What kind of males watch anime? => Many kinds, but a large proportion of them are nerdy/geeky types.

Therefore, weak nerdy geeky males in the audience can relate to the nerdy geeky males in the show and fantasize more easily about the females in the show. Im sure this has all been discussed before.

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen