AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-26, 08:02   Link #161
Lost

My goodness. I liked the OP on its own. The single was just.. tiring.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 17:05   Link #162
xObserveRx

While we're on the topic of the OP song:

I was asking about where to find it last week and I see that it's been released on Gendou.

I still have a problem though. I'm looking for a better quality TV size version of the song. Anyone know where I can find this? (The TV size version on Gendou has poor quality IMO.)
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 23:27   Link #163
Srin Tuar
無謀

About ep4:
without delving into spoilers, I have to say i think this episode is well done,
capturing some of my favorite parts of the manga. Here I was expecting them
to censor down the dialog or art but they did not, a pleasant surprise. (and firmly
setting this anime into more suggestive territory than rizelmine over delved into)

(actually i just watched rizelmine based on peoples comments on this show and I have
to say its much tamer in comparison.)

I do wonder how far through the manga they will go now, with only 5 volumes released there isnt really much material to work through anyway.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 03:44   Link #164
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Just saw ep4. And a certain someone really got my attention, even if she only appeared for less than 10 seconds. If Momoko's the "Dragon Girl" and Iroha is the "Snake Girl" then...
Spoiler:

Oh and I must add
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-10-27 at 09:52.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:49   Link #165
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
My goodness. I liked the OP on its own. The single was just.. tiring.
after just hearing the full version...i have to agree with that...its just too long and the repetitiveness makes it boring whereas the shorter version used for the start of the eps are just perfect...

oh dam i need to catch up on ep 3 and 4 >.< *runs to find raw*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 16:57   Link #166
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
after just hearing the full version...i have to agree with that...its just too long and the repetitiveness makes it boring whereas the shorter version used for the start of the eps are just perfect...
Isn't that annoying part becomes a trademark of MOSAIC.WAV?

Kudos to them at very least they had put the title(Sumomomo momomo, Lollipop,etc.) into the lyrics.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 19:10   Link #167
Otsukaresan

Sumomo mo Momo mo OP 'Saikyou O X Keikaku'
full lyrics:
http://translating.mpage.jp/smmm_op_lyrics_full.txt

The translation was done in five minutes so don't expect quality XD

[edit] Fixed the romaji in some parts. Gomen ne~

Last edited by Otsukaresan; 2006-10-28 at 06:18.
Otsukaresan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-27, 23:47   Link #168
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks Otsukaresan! I appreciate you putting notes between brackets, helps understand the lyrics more.

Off to sing karaoke!
Old 2006-10-28, 08:18   Link #169
Iroha
miyamoto clan <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
Oh and I must add
Spoiler:
I love that part, too~ XDD (btw, the GIF is awesome <3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otsukaresan View Post
Sumomo mo Momo mo OP 'Saikyou O X Keikaku'
full lyrics:
http://translating.mpage.jp/smmm_op_lyrics_full.txt
Wah~ You just made my day <3 *sings the song over and over again*
Iroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 12:56   Link #170
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

In episode 4, the part I found funniest was when Momoko was bouncing off the walls in Kouji's bedroom. The animation and Momoko's voice were hilarious.

Momoko is voiced by Kano Yui. This is her first starring role in an anime. She's 22. She has done games, dubbing of foreign movies, and TV voice-overs, as well as having parts in two Japanese movies. She looks cute in her pictures (1, 2), and says she does tea ceremony and flower-arranging and plays the koto. She has her own online blog, with photos. Her nicknames are apparently "Yunyun" and "Yuiyum."

This is an amazing season for comedy, for me. There are three shows that make me laugh out loud every week: Sumomo mo Momo mo, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, and Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo. Every week.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-28 at 15:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 13:17   Link #171
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Momoko is voiced by Kano Yui. This is her first starring role in an anime.
I think she starred in "Himawari" as well.
In fact, he voice is very identifiable, and I cant help but think of Himawari everytime I hear her voice. I guess its not too bad, since the other inference is also a young martial artist type.

She is doing an okay job of it. However, I must admit her voice is very different than the voice I had imagined while reading the manga version.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 13:33   Link #172
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
I think she starred in "Himawari" as well. In fact, her voice is very identifiable, and I cant help but think of Himawari everytime I hear her voice. I guess its not too bad, since the other inference is also a young martial artist type. She is doing an okay job of it. However, I must admit her voice is very different than the voice I had imagined while reading the manga version.
You're right. She was in Himawari, but she wasn't the star. From the official site, she appears to have played a cat (or is it a dog?) Since I didn't keep up with Himawari, I don't remember her from that.

She seems to have a quite identifiable voice, and she is using it in an extreme way, I think. But I think that works here. I haven't read the manga, so she and the anime staff get to establish the character, for me. I was surprised to see how much movie-dubbing work she had done, with a voice that identifiable.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-28 at 13:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 13:37   Link #173
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

finally speed watched ep 3 and 4
Spoiler for ep 3:

Spoiler for ep 4:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-10-28 at 14:14.
Old 2006-10-28, 14:15   Link #174
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 4:
well
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-28, 14:21   Link #175
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
well
Spoiler:
oh crap a misunderstanding
Spoiler:

Old 2006-10-28, 23:10   Link #176
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Lol well I saw a funny scene in ep. 4 so I thought I'd make it into a gif

Old 2006-10-29, 02:10   Link #177
myopius

Thumbs up

Shoot, episode 4 was subbed when I just turned off the remote server from which I BitTorrent... Anyway, this is an odd series. I have a lot to comment on.

Mainly, I just have one problem with this series. Momoko... she's just,

Annoying! Her pursuit of our protagonist wasn't very humorous to me the first time I saw it, and is repeated often enough that it wouldn't be now even if it had been. Yeah I know, this is probably what most people enjoy most about the series, and that I don't like it really sucks for me. :\ Also how powerful she is has just become ridiculous, but, oh well.

She's also one of the few anime girls who doesn't look cute blushing either, to me anyway, probably because she just does it casually and doesn't pause or look down or show a hestitant expression or display any other characteristics which work well with that type of expression (yeah okay I said too much, lol. should I seek a psychiatrist for my blush fetishism?).

I definitely want to watch it for its potential, however. On Koushi,

You don't often see someone who's comfortable having his kind of personality yet not proud of it. That is, usually characters who are cowardly intellectuals are either ashamed of themselves or show off.

And as for his reasons, that is, what motivated him to become the way he is, it's unusual that he's not upset about how he's become but he's not in denial at all either. He realizes the reason he was put off of martial arts, and doesn't think have some shounen ideal like "I need to be strong and overcome it"; he probably just thinks to himself, "Any ordinary kid could be put off if that happened".

That is, he doesn't need to be more than human, and doesn't see martial arts as necessary to living an ordinary life. Koushi's down-to-earth character and practical wit draw me to the series, heavily.

I'm surprised to see that there's interest in the OP. I mean, it's just like a sing-song statement of Momoko's bizarre aspirations. Of course, musical tastes are subjective. It's ironic because while I dislike the OP personally, the ED is another story. The ED's music is excellent, very cool, and the still frames of Momoko and the other two with Koushi are very artful and seem to depict the deeper aspects of relationships. The ED is what causes me to have hope in this series.

Specifically, what I hope for is that Koushi, although he's fine as he is, will be dynamic in some way. It would be boring if he was just always freaking out in serious situations while Momoko always ends up his savior. I dunno if I really personally care if he falls in love with her (...lol... can't even imagine that) but if he were able to see her as a friend and as a good person rather than just as an annoyance, it would deepen the possibilities of how he would relate to her and to his whole situation. And, I'd like to see some maturity in Momoko, if possible (unlikely--however, I have to hope for this, because I hate her character as it is currently *ducks pianos*). And the two other girls in the ED seem like they could be deep.

Oh yes, that reminds me. The girl with glasses. I really like her character, and want to see more of her. It's not often you have a character like her, who seems to have a gentle personality, also be someone who seems like she could be a true friend to another person. I suppose I should clarify that... what I mean is, usually someone with that warmth in her demeanor tends to seem either removed/distant from her friends, or they're awkward and shy (and thus, don't really have exactly that kind of "warmth" by my concept of it).

(Does anyone know what I mean? She's like that girl with glasses from Shingetsutan Tsukihime would be, if that girl hadn't had a "rude" edge to the closeness she had to her friends. Okay, now I've probably completely lost everyone. )

Since this series is 26 episodes, I will definitely follow it, because they should have enough time to develop the characters in that way. And even if they don't, what they have right now is intriguing enough that I think I will be able to enjoy this series (in other words, no need for any manga people to fill me in on if these characters do develop; in fact, I'd rather it was just a pleasant surprise if they did).
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 04:03   Link #178
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Oh yes, that reminds me. The girl with glasses. I really like her character, and want to see more of her. It's not often you have a character like her, who seems to have a gentle personality, also be someone who seems like she could be a true friend to another person. I suppose I should clarify that... what I mean is, usually someone with that warmth in her demeanor tends to seem either removed/distant from her friends, or they're awkward and shy (and thus, don't really have exactly that kind of "warmth" by my concept of it).
Ah you mean Sanae. Well much as she's also my current favorite from the series, you might get disillusioned if the current conspiracy theories about her are confirmed
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-29, 04:25   Link #179
SinsI

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 4:
Actually it is not a sign that they are weak. The landlady in question is
Spoiler for manga:

I really liked how they did the "めちゃくちゃ” scene, I must have watched it a dozen times - It's so damn funny!
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 04:51   Link #180
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
...Momoko was bouncing off the walls in Kouji's bedroom.
Pretty reflective.. it couldnt describe Momoko's character better.

@myopius: Lol, which Tsukihime girl? Ciel-senpai? And yes, I do believe Sanae is the awkard, shy type, going by the first two episodes.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen