AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-23, 21:14   Link #1
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Rebirth

Anyone Rebirth readers here? I just happened to pick it up off the bookshelf and I've been really getting into it.

It's kinda your usual vampire as the good guy protagonist out to get revenge on the bad guy story. But the story realy draws you in.

Last edited by Dopeskills; 2003-12-23 at 21:25.
Old 2003-12-25, 04:10   Link #2
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Yeah i really like it too. I have read 1-3 or was it4, forgot. It has very interesting characters. I can't wait to read more of this manga.
Old 2003-12-25, 04:23   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I thought it was only so-so. The characters are kinda simple except for the exorcist and main character who are the only ones to have any hidden depths.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-25, 13:14   Link #4
Muraki
Dreamer

I read it but didn't particulary like it....the entire vampire thing is wayyyy to over used .... though Hellsing is awesome ^_^

The art style seemed sooo dark and the characters kind of looked ugly ... :X and the costumes ... scare me .... ^_^;; the priestess's(?) outfit is too tight >.>
Old 2003-12-25, 13:20   Link #5
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Blame the darkness on the crappy editor.

I thought it was fun to read, too bad of horrid edits though.
Old 2003-12-25, 18:39   Link #6
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraki
I read it but didn't particulary like it....the entire vampire thing is wayyyy to over used .... though Hellsing is awesome ^_^

The art style seemed sooo dark and the characters kind of looked ugly ... :X and the costumes ... scare me .... ^_^;; the priestess's(?) outfit is too tight >.>
Who says that nuns can't have nice taste in lingerie? The shocking part is that after her habbit was torn off she was pretty comfortable walking around in that lingerie for two volumes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-01-02, 13:43   Link #7
lightmagexdarkmage
Inactive Member

I love Rebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Anyone Rebirth readers here? I just happened to pick it up off the bookshelf and I've been really getting into it.

It's kinda your usual vampire as the good guy protagonist out to get revenge on the bad guy story. But the story realy draws you in.
I found this forum and this post when I was searching for Rebirth pictures to put on my site. You see, I love Rebirth it is my fav. manga next to Yu Yu Hakusho. I noticed there is not too much on the web about Rebirth, so I decided to create a website to get more publicity for Rebirth on the internet. If anyone has anything to add to my website, please contact me at Deshwitat03@aol.com. I just started this website and it's not quite finished yet. In fact, it has nothing right now. But when I get the chance I will slowly but surely be updating it.
Koudelka
Old 2007-02-25, 18:08   Link #8
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Hi,

Rebirth was on hold for a long time because the mangaka was ill (or something), but suddenly I saw vol. 20 in stores (or was it 19?) and I was wondering if the mangaka has picked up the project once again? I surely hope so, so that the money I spent on 14 volumes of Rebirth is not in vain...
Old 2007-02-25, 18:23   Link #9
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I picked up the 1st volume the other day, read abit into it but havn't been able to bury my nose due to being very busy last few days. Seems to be a good series tho, or atleast they 1st few chapters were
Old 2007-03-13, 15:55   Link #10
Rekky

Favorite manga Next Week I pick up Voulumes 2 and 3 its the first manga thats pulled me in (Including death note)
Old 2007-03-13, 17:40   Link #11
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

I'm a fan of the series have vol 1-8 and 12 though I seemed to have stopped buying it due to money problems.
Old 2007-04-07, 18:00   Link #12
kuybi
The SoulTaker

Send a message via MSN to kuybi
Question Rebirth:The story of a vampire

Rebirth i am increndible manga which has the potential of becoming an anime for all kind of likes.if anyone have read the manga please tell me your opinion.Thanx
Old 2007-04-07, 18:04   Link #13
kuybi
The SoulTaker

Send a message via MSN to kuybi
*an incredible XD
Old 2007-04-08, 14:02   Link #14
violet123

Hmmm. they have all 19 volumes out currently at the local Barns and Noble. So far, the series is kinda weird . Its your basic boy comic where the guy powers up a lot and has to fight a lot of villains.

I like the back story, the manga does a very good job of making you like the main character. So its a pretty good manga, i guess -_-
Old 2007-04-08, 22:16   Link #15
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Despite what my trend of purchases may lead one to believe, I actually kind of enjoy the series, likely because I just find vampires and other unholy things interesting. That and the "hero" of the series is based on darkness, a nice little twist from the norm of the hero being holy and associated with light. The problem is that I only bought the first three a while back, and every store I go to seems to have 1, 2, 3, 18 and 19, making me resort to online shopping. Quite annoying. Besides - at this point, I might as well just wait until I finish up some of my other series and can have more of my manga budget diverted to it.
Old 2007-04-23, 10:02   Link #16
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Read the end of volume 19 last week and it mentions about continuing onto volume 20, any idea when its coming out? cause i searched for it but found nadda.
Old 2007-11-14, 14:48   Link #17
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills View Post

GWA-HAHAHA! I love rebirth!! theres nothin much I like more than a Bad ass vampire who doesent give a hoot gives him trouble- he,ll choke em to death! I positlivly LOVE that book series....
Old 2007-12-31, 09:36   Link #18
Boohahaha

Ah yes Rebirth is a very good manga, it wasn't till volume 3 that I really got into the story. The best was Desh's past, it spanned for like 5 volumes but it was worth it. I just read Vol. 21 and eagerly anticipating the next one.
Old 2008-02-24, 03:18   Link #19
gencbiba

I just read up to the end of volume 20... Can anybody say tell me what happens in volume 21? And up to what volume has it been released in English?

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2008-02-24, 03:22   Link #20
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

can any one give me a summery story of this so i might get start on reading

pls??....
Closed Thread